TEN

Weak Point

http://miriyummy.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/line-divider.jpg

“Okay, you have a lot of explaining to do.” Minhye said raising an eyebrow questioningly. “I will, but let’s go downstairs with the others. I don’t want to repeat the entire story.” Kai said motioning for both Minhye and Taehyung to follow him downstairs where the others already waited. “How do we trust you now?” Minhye asked as they walked into the living room, where everyone was. “I’ll start from the beginning.” Kai sighed as he took a seat where everyone could see him.

“Look whatever’s been happening…none of it-we didn’t want any of it to happen. Really.” Kai firmly stated. “What do you mean? It still doesn’t explain anything. You guys-what you guys did-” “It’s the new people that joined. You know very well who I’m talking about Minhye.” Minhye hesitated. “But they’ve joined since a long time before any of this even-” “Even then. We grew suspicious of how they were handling things. They had to modify some details, evaluate the importance of our work and eventually gave you this mission to complete their goal.” Kai hesitated. “Right now things are hectic I don’t know how to explain it. Baekhyun kept trying to warn us, but we wouldn’t listen, and in the end this had to happen for us to realize Baekhyun was right. He knew more than all of us of what was going on, the plan switches, the innocent killings, and the money transfers that were being made. But since your dad wasn’t doing anything about it we thought it was all meant to be. It wasn’t until later on that we over heard them and then they tried to make us get rid of you, they were already planning to get rid of Baekhyun on their own because they found out he knew too much. We couldn’t risk being found out so we went along with it not really completing anything. We had to put up an act and cover up what we didn’t do. I’m out of there for good so I can’t go back and the others will slowly join us once they can. Sehun. Sehun is the only one that we’re not too sure about. He went against our plans, you have to understand he wanted to protect you and now we all believe he’s turned against us.” Kai explained shifting in his seat.

Then he waited in silence, staring down at his hands as everyone registered what he had just explained. Minhye shook her head as she dumped herself into an empty seat on the couch. “This is unbelievable. I can’t, I can’t see how any of this even happened, but the missions and everything. It would make sense and the amount of people we have lost recently or the missions not making sense. Or how people would know we were going. They were probably set ups. Then my dad?” she sighed as she lifted her head up to Kai. “What about my dad?” she asked. Kai shook his head, “He’s gone. They’ve been inserting chips in most of our people. It’s how they’ve gone mad or turned against us or worst working for them now. We believe that’s what they did to Sehun too. I don’t know if there’d be a way to bring them back after that. I guess it all depends on the placement of the chip in their brains. I’m sorry Minhye.” Kai explained as he ran his hand through his hair. He was stressed, worried and it showed.

“Minhye that’s not all. I heard them before I came. They’re trying to create the perfect human. They wanted test subjects. They want to plan a huge explosion to release their recent project, a serum in gas form to see who’s a perfect match for what they want. They’ll kill hundreds if they don’t succeed. We have our sources and…and we believe that BAP is with them. It’s going to happen in the park. This is what you said earlier, but the dates have changed.” Kai explained. “The others from my team they wanted to get the dates, but they won’t release them until the day of. We’re still hoping they’ll release them sooner.” He finished as he shook his head. “This has turned into such a big mess. I’m truly sorry we kept you in the down low, but the less you knew the better.” Kai sighed putting his head down.

Minhye shook her head, “How is any of this possible... does this mean that they’re the ones we’ve been supposedly searching for in our missions? This whole time they were collecting data for their project x using us as their minions to do their bidding. What is it there after anyways?” She said shaking her head. “My guesses are there after someone whose blood is compatible with their experiment.” Jin said crossing his arms over his chest.

“Yes that’s what we’re trying to find out. This whole mess just stresses me because the others are still in that place and they are all at risk of getting chipped…” Kai said shaking his head, running his hands through his messy hair again. “…Minhye we already have an idea of how to help Sehun, but it has to be after all of this is done or else. We don’t know what they are capable of.” He added, locking eyes with Minhye. Minhye was speechless after hearing everything she was just so confused, didn’t know what to feel or what to even think.

“So I’m supposed to just sit here and wait until everyone comes here to join us? I don’t have a say on any of this?” she spoke up after a moment of silence and all eyes were on her. “Minhye you have to understand…” Kai started. “Oh bull Kai, you know I understand. I know it’s a lot to take in, but we can’t wait for the worst to happen. For example Baekhyun he could have died if we did just that.” Minhye said standing up and running out the front door. She couldn’t take it anymore she needed to get fresh air. She felt like the walls were closing in on her as if everyone around her were disappearing and it was becoming harder and harder to breath.

Outside she ran and ran, to wherever her feet would take her. Her lungs burned, her legs beginning to tingle and ache, but still she ran. She didn’t know how long she ran but she didn’t come to a stop. Someone suddenly yanked on her arm and pulled her back. She fell onto HIS chest, his arms wrapped around her, his breath washed over her. “Why Minhye?” he breathed exhausted and Minhye realized he must have been running behind her this whole time. Minhye didn’t say a word, burying her face in his chest, her legs weak and shaky at the brink of giving out under her weight. “Don’t say anything it’s okay. We’ll talk later. We need to talk later.” He said hugging her tighter, resting his head atop hers.

“That’s it Taehyung…there really is no way in this. Ugh I just, I’ve lost everybody in a snap and all of a sudden I have to believe nothing is lost and I-I helped those monsters accomplish everything they have so far…it’s frustrating and all I could do is run…” Minhye breathed, tears streaming down her face. “You have me…” he said in a quiet voice. “It’ll be fine…well we will make it better again. I believe Kai and so do the others. Minhye thanks to you I have so much and I have a lot more to lose now.” he said taking her face in his hands. “…Taehyung…don’t let anything happen to you.” Minhye sighed, reaching out and giving his hand a warm squeeze.

“Don’t forget we’re in this together. I can’t lose you either. Minhye.” Taehyung smiled pulling her into his chest and giving her one last hug before they turned around and started back to their hideout.

Minhye stopped, pulling Taehyung to stop with her. She had her head down, tears wetting the floor. “What’s wrong Minhye?” Taehyung asked walking back towards her. “I know who it is.” She said lifting her face to meet Taehyung. Taehyung furrowed his brows confused at her response. “What do you mean?” he asked, but he didn’t wait for her answer. His eyes falling on something, someone behind them. He was sure that they hadn’t been seen and using this as his only chance he went with it.

“Hey Minhye…I’m sorry.” He said in an almost quiet voice, leaning in and pressing his lips on hers, but before Minhye could even react he forcefully knocked his head into hers and pushed her into the bushes, his head spinning. “I hope I didn’t hit you too hard.” He thought, turning around and taking a couple steps forward.

The minute Minhye fell to the ground the bushes covering her, everything had gone dark. When she stirred, her head hurt beyond measure. It was a difficult task to just merely open her eyes. “What the heck?!” she croaked, touching her hand to her head. The images of her last events flashing in her mind. She jumped onto her feet and scrambled out of the bush. “Taehyung!” She yelled, but he was nowhere in sight. She ran around ignoring her aching head and her sore legs. She couldn’t find him.

She was growing frantic by the minute. She didn’t want to leave the park, didn’t want to go back to the hideout scared that he might be here looking for her or scared that she might miss something. Instead she found a payphone and called the only number she knew off the top of her head.

She didn’t wait for him to speak and the minute he answered she started. “Is he there?” she asked, her hands shaking. The other line was quiet. “Jimin, it’s me Minhye is Taehyung there?” She asked, but he didn’t need to answer. A couple feet from the payphone she saw him, her father. From where he stood he watched her with a smug look on his face.

“Nevermind, I know where he is.” She said and let the phone fall from her hands. She could hear Jimin shouting her name on the other line before the other line went dead.

Minhye clasped her hands in tight fists, her hands shaking as she stood a couple feet from her father. “Where is he?” She asked through gritted teeth. “Minhye…” he started, the corner of his lips raising slightly. “NO! You threw me out! What is this now?” She yelled and her father grew serious. “I would keep my voice down if I were you.” he said and nodded his head to the side, showing her they weren’t alone. She had let her guard down. She was surrounded, but they were in incognito.

Minhye looked back at her father, her lips pursed into and an angry look on her face. Her father smiled content. “That’s my girl. Now, yes we have him.” he said pulling out a phone from his pocket. “He’s in our hands…”

Minhye took a step forward and she would have punched her father made him tell her where he was, but she stopped when she heard his voice. Her father had pushed play on a recording. “It can’t be from right now you just took him…” Minhye said looking away from the phone and looking back at her father. He shook his head, “Oh, but it is.” He said and showed her the live feed.

Taehyung was tied to a chair and by the looks of it inside a van. Minhye stumbled back, falling on her knees. “What is it? Why did you take him?” She asked feeling hopeless. “We’ll contact you.” he said kneeling down before her and leaving a simple flip phone. Then he walked away.

Minhye stayed there staring at the phone for a couple minutes after. Then grabbing the phone she stood up and looked around. The men from before were gone. The park even seemed lonely. Carefully she made her way back to the others making sure she wasn’t seen.

Once she was back at the hideout. Kai saw her fist. Worried he stopped her in her tracks and took her by the shoulders, “Minhye what’s wrong?” Minhye stared back at him with a dead look in her eyes. “What is it?” he asked shaking her slightly. “It’s already begun.” She said in a quiet voice. “…but what’s wrong Minhye…” Kai continued to ask, urgently. “We can’t do anything…they him…” she said her voice almost a whisper. “What do you mean?” he asked shaking his head. “They have Taehyung and I can’t even do anything…” She said her voice shaking, tears slipping from her grasp. “Taehyung’s my weakpoint…I can’t even lift a finger for him. We can’t do anything…or they might kill him.” She thought falling to her knees. Kai embraced her in his arms, “We’ll get to them before anything. They won’t be able to do anything.”

Minhye shook her head, “We can’t risk it…”

Still she hoped that they could come up with something.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-iYaPEDeS6VM/UeQp_UTId0I/AAAAAAAAE_c/wqMtTqtJmiY/s1600/decorative-line-divider1.jpg

A/N: Long time since I've added to this story. I haven't forgotten. I tried for a long chapter, but this came out. Life got in the way. Reason for taking so long. Happy New Year Everyone I hope all goes well for everyone. Enjoy your reading. I'll try to update the next chapter soon. I'm really going to try to post sooner as well. I know can finish this story I already have the ending pictured and well yeah hope you all like.

I also opened up a Wattpad and I have a story on there as well. It's about an arranged marriage, but it's different. Here's the link to the story if anyone is interested so check it out:

Innocent White Lies

and until next time. :)