FIVE

Weak Point

http://miriyummy.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/line-divider.jpg

Minhye stirred in her sleep and when her eyes fluttered opened she let out an audible sigh. Even though she had slept it didn’t feel like she did and with yesterday’s events sinking in even more her mood was put down instantly. She flipped facing the ceiling, stretching slightly then she let her arms fall loosly to the side her fingertips brushing over the satin covers of her bedsheets. Sleep was nowhere near her even if going with how late they slept she didn’t sleep much. She was wide awake and nothing would change that.

Tears glistened in her eyes as she recalled yesterday’s events, but she blinked them away. “No I’m a strong girl. If anything Sehun wouldn’t do this to me. There must be a reason that he’s kicking me out with everyone else. Minhye what if there isn’t?...I guess it really is just Baekhyun and me now.” She thought and with that she sat up in bed. “I have to do something today and I have to warn Taehyung because if their still going after him…Time to get ready for school.” She thought as she slipped out of bed.

Everything was changing today and it was definitely going to be her last day of school. She didn’t have to tell Baekhyun just yet and he didn’t really have to know of her plans. If he was going to follow her like he said he was. Then he would just run into her plan with no choice, but to follow.

She was surprised to find her school uniform hanging at her door, but I guess she should have expected it. Everyone knew she was going to school and now she was curious as to how Baekhyun would look in the uniform. Since he never wore anything close to a uniform in all their time of working, it was always casual for him.

She took no time and changed into her school uniform, grabbing her hair into a messy bun not really feeling the mood to do anything more. It was school and she didn’t really care what everyone else thought about her looks. Well only how Taehyung cared, but she knew he was happy with anything.

“Miss, oh I see you’re up.” Jang Hyuk smiled as he came through her room door after knocking. “I was going to let you know that breakfast is downstairs if you want to join me and Baekhyun. Of course I still have to get that boy to go, but you could meet us down there.” He said nodding his head. Minhye nodded in response a small giggle slipping from her lips. Jang Hyuk gave off such a father figure for Baekhyun and with all the time she worked with Baekhyun it’s what he needed. “Thank you.” Minhye said nodding her head. “No problem. I’ll see you then.” He said and then he retreated from the room closing the door behind him.

Minhye decided to stay in her room for a while more not sure if she was ready to face the world outside or afraid that maybe Baekhyun had changed his mind. Out of everything it was what she feared that she would end up alone and even though Baekhyun had reassured her she was still afraid and now she even had to fear maybe losing Taehyung. Even if she was barely getting to know him it was still there, the fear.

All of a sudden she was interrupted out of her reverie a small knock at her door again only this time it sounded different, softer. The door opened before Minhye could respond only to reveal Baekhyun on the other side already dressed in the schools uniform. Minhye frowned slightly as her eyes fell on him. She could see the dark circles under his eyes and even though he smiled as he saw her she could see it wasn’t his usual smile. “Your still here.” Minhye found herself saying, the words just slipping out of her grasp. Baekhyun’s smile at once faltered turning into a small frown. “Minhye I’m not leaving you. I told you I’m sticking next to you and I mean it. I’m not going back on my words. Come on lets go get breakfast before you end up going late to school.” Baekhyun said pulling her into a warm hug. Minhye nodded and with that she let him take her out of the room.

“Did you get any sleep at all?” Minhye asked as she pointed at his dark circles. Baekhyun looked away for a moment and when he turned back his face was hard and serious. “I did…”

“No you didn’t Baekhyun and I would like it if you did, but I know you can’t at the moment.” Jang Hyuk said interrupting Baekhyun, his concern apparent with his words. “Jang Hyuk there’s nothing to worry about. We’ll just get breakfast, head to school and come right back. Nothing more, nothing less. Everything will be fine.” Baekhyun reassured Jang Hyuk as they took a seat at the dining table. There plates already set and their breakfast served.

Jang Hyuk shook his head, “As you say Baekhyun.”

“Well I have to go. I leave it to you two to get to school, but please do eat before you leave.” Jang Hyuk sighed bowing his head slightly before he headed out to the front door. “I thought he stayed here at all times.” Minhye said furrowing her brows as she turned to Baekhyun. Baekhyun shook his head, “He has a life to. How else would we keep our cover?”

“Oh you got a point there.” Minhye said as she put her head down stabbing her fork in her food. Jang Hyuk was right if they were going to get through today, they needed their energy and for that to happen they had to eat.

As Minhye chewed on her food, she glanced up at Baekhyun wanting to make sure he hadn’t left yet. When her eyes landed on him she caught him wincing slightly as he picked up his fork that’s when she remembered.

“Baekhyun shouldn’t you have a cast or something? You couldn’t have healed so fast.” She said looking into his eyes to make sure he told the truth. “I know it hasn’t, it’s still bandaged. I just had to take off the brace.” He said, but as he said it he could see the look Minhye was giving him. “Don’t worry its fine.” he reassured. “Fine, but Baekhyun no lies between us. We have to be honest. I…I don’t want to lose you too.” Minhye said her bottom lip quivering slightly.

“Minhye.” He said nodding his head. “Now come on let’s hurry we have to go to school.” He finished, Minhye nodding her head in agreement.

Baekhyun barely touched his food, by the time Minhye pushed hers aside. “What are you nervous about going back to school?” Minhye said glancing from Baekhyun’s plate back to his eyes.

“No I just don’t like eating so much in the day.” Baekhyun sighed. “Okay, but you’re eating more later. Let’s get going.” Minhye said standing from her seat. Baekhyun followed suit and together they walked out of the house. Minhye walked up ahead as Baekhyun locked the door and put up the necessary alarms.

Then together they made their way to Minhye’s school. Baekhyun and Minhye took the bus nearby to a stop near the school. Once at the stop Minhye was the first to get off, she knew Baekhyun was closely behind and for some reason she was dreading going to school even though it was her idea to go back. Without looking back to make sure Baekhyun was behind her she walked to the front gate never once tearing her eyes from the big building the school was. “Baek I hope I didn’t make a mistake by choosing to come here one more time.” She said in a low voice, hoping Baekhyun would be able to hear her words. Yet after a moment’s pause she heard nothing in return confused she turned to the side seeing Baekhyun nowhere near her. She spun around thinking maybe he was still far behind, but nothing. She could feel her heart beating out of fear that something happened to him, but just as the panic was beginning to rise up to her thoughts she saw it.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-iYaPEDeS6VM/UeQp_UTId0I/AAAAAAAAE_c/wqMtTqtJmiY/s1600/decorative-line-divider1.jpg

A/N: Sorry for taking so long to update, but I will make up for the taking so long. I know this chapter is short, but there will be more coming.