Part 8 - Tiffany's Prespective

Noona

Falling in love with Kwon Yoong was the best thing ever happened for Tiffany. Right from the very start, Kwon Yoong had always been gentle and attentive. There was never once she ever doubted that man’s heart and his love. She had always thought he loved her sincerely.

Getting married to Kwon Yoong was something Tiffany had been looking forward from the first time she found out that he was her fiancé. They may not have met for a long time but Kwon Yoong’s mischievous demeanour; his sweet words; his gentle touches and lingering kisses were just too difficult for Tiffany to ignore. She was falling in love with him; deeper and deeper.

She had no idea about him and Jessica. She had always treated Jessica like her sister. She never expected to be betrayed that way. She was there when Tiffany got married to Yoong. She was there when Tiffany had her first fight with Yoong. She supported Tiffany and was sincere enough that Tiffany believed she would be the last person who could have hurt her. But she did.

“Tiffany, we have to talk.”

“What is it, baby?”

“Can we meet after work?”

“You’re going to pick me up?”

“Yes, I’ll see you at 6.30pm. Okay?”

“Alright, honey. I’ll see you. I love you.”

Yoong sounded serious. He didn’t even say goodbye; not even “I love you” like he always did. Tiffany felt uneasy; her husband had been acting weirdly lately. He was hardly home; he was always in the office.

Tiffany suddenly felt like throwing up. She quickly rushed to the washroom. Her secretary, Luna saw her. She came running after Tiffany.

“Are you alright, Miss Hwang?”

Tiffany just kept throwing up; she felt nausea. She felt extremely weak and tired. She nodded her head but she couldn’t get up. Luna helped her.

“You need the doctor.”

“But I’m too weak to move.”

“I’ll bring you over. I’ll get Victoria to help us out.”

So the two assistants brought Tiffany to the clinic. They waited for her turn and Tiffany went in alone. She was a little apprehensive about her symptoms. It didn’t come across her mind that pregnancy could be one of the culprits.

“How long have you been having such symptoms?”

“It has been 2 weeks. It comes and goes.”

“I see. Are you late?”

“Huh?”

“I mean your period.”

“Oh yes, it has been 2 months late. But that’s pretty normal for me. I have irregular periods.”

The doctor nodded and scribbled on his notepad. Then he looked with a huge smile on his face.

“Miss Hwang, congratulations.”

“Huh?”

“You’re 2 months pregnant!”

Tiffany just couldn’t contain her happiness. She has always wanted a baby with Yoong. They worked so hard to have one but they kept failing. Yoong decided to take it slow and finally, she’s hooked! It was a joyous occasion back in the office. Everybody was congratulating Tiffany including Soo Young. He was the first to know of the news since he was working for Tiffany.

“Oh my god! Yoong would be so happy!”

“Yes, he has been waiting for so long.”

“I’m so happy for you, Tiffany.”

“Thanks Soo Young!”

Tiffany was giddy with happiness. She kept clutching her stomach; occasionally caressing it. She was ecstatic about the arrival of her baby. Her family was finally complete with this little new one.

“Baby, I love you already. Thanks for coming to Mommy. I’ll take good care of you.”

Tiffany was extremely happy.

*

But happiness didn’t last long. Yoong had something else in mind when he told Tiffany he wanted to meet her. He was seeking for a divorce. It was like a tight slap in her face. The pain was excruciating.

“What did you say?”

“Tiffany, I’m sorry. I have been cheating on you with Jessica.”

Tiffany just stared ahead. Her skies turned dark grey immediately and her heart was struck by lightning every second.

“I know I should be honest with you. I have been having an affair way before we got married. We were cheating behind my father’s back and now yours.”

The shameless jerk had no sense in his head. How could he just ask for a divorce just like that? Who the hell was Tiffany to him all this while? Tiffany completely shut herself up. She wasn’t listening anymore.

“Why?”

“Huh?”

“Why do you want a divorce?”

Yoong bit his lower lip. He was crying but Tiffany was convinced they were just fake – just like a crocodile’s tears.

“She’s pregnant with my baby.”

How convenient. Kwon Yoong was leaving Tiffany Hwang because some other woman was pregnant with his baby. Then how about him? How about the fact she was carrying his baby too?

Her heart was slowly closing up. She gave him a tight slap and left immediately. Yoong ran after her; his movements were not rough but gentle and filled with heart-wrenching regrets.

“Tiffany, I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. I wished I didn’t hurt you like this.”

Tiffany’s tears fell immediately. Yoong’s eyes softened and he cried as well. He tried pulling Tiffany closer and almost succeeded when Tiffany suddenly realized what he just wanted from her. She pushed him away. Yoong’s eyes were filled with pain and regrets. Tiffany knew.

“Leave then.”

“Tiffany..”

“Don’t call my name. Don’t even look into my eyes. Just.. go.”

“Tiffany..”

His voice was still lingering in his ears but her heart was hardened. She couldn’t believe that her gentle; loving husband was actually a jerk in disguise. She trusted him. She gave her all to him but for nothing. He was just using her.

“Since you want a divorce, I’ll grant you then.”

Tiffany left Yoong without telling him about her baby – their baby.

*

Tiffany appeared at the court house. Yoong was alone. Thank god he still had that empathy in him not to bring Jessica down with him. He looked worn out; he was in a mess. Tiffany was too. But she hid her pregnancy by wearing baggy clothes. She didn’t want him to know. That was her punishment for him.

The divorce was finalized and Tiffany signed her name on the dotted line. They were officially divorced and Yoong gave everything to her. But Tiffany didn’t want a single cent. She’s not poor; she’s rich too.

Tiffany left in a huff after everything was done. Yoong came running after her. He kept calling out for her name but Tiffany just ignored him. Then out of sudden, she felt a pair of strong arms enveloped her waist and pulled her closer. She could smell that familiar scent – Yoong was hugging from her back. He buried his face at the nook of her neck. He kept murmuring sorry and Tiffany could feel wetness on her skin.

“Let me go, Yoong.”

“Let me hug you a while more, Tiffany.”

“We’re no longer related anymore. I don’t think you have the right to hold me like this.”

 He cried but slowly loosened his arms around Tiffany’s waist. He was still holding on to her right arm and slowly let it go. Tiffany refused to turn to see him.

“I’m sorry, Tiffany.”

“Why are you apologizing now?”

“Tiffany..”

“You don’t love me anymore.”

“I do..”

“You liar!”

“Tiffany, I didn’t mean to hurt you like this.”

“Just leave me alone, Kwon Yoong. Don’t ever look for me anymore.”

*

Tiffany found out that her parents in law have thrown Yoong out of the house. They stripped him of everything and he was just an ordinary person now. They didn’t even give him a single cent. He was left out there on his own.

Tiffany held her protruding tummy tightly. Her baby was growing well. But her health was getting worse than before. Tiffany sold off her company and rented a place instead. She didn’t really care about her wealth anymore. She didn’t know what she was doing and she just followed her heart.

It was the most painful moment for Tiffany when she was delivering her firstborn. It was extremely tough being on her own; only the nurses were there to urge her to push. She stayed away from her in laws; and even her good friend, Soo Young.

Fortunately for Tiffany, her baby was born healthy. And it was a girl. The doctor placed her newborn in her arms and Tiffany broke down in tears. Her father should be here and she felt sorry for her baby. She was innocent. It was her parents who screwed themselves up so why was she getting punished for it?

She named the baby Krystal Kwon. It was a beautiful name but Tiffany suffered from post-natal depression 2 months after Krystal’s birth. She couldn’t take care of Krystal properly. But fortunately for her, Soo Young and her in laws found her.

They rescued her. They took her in. They refused to let her leave them again. Yoong’s parents held on her tightly. They were emotional. They finally saw their granddaughter.

Tiffany slowly got better after that. Soo Young spent a lot of time with her and even declared Krystal as his god-daughter. He helped her around and Tiffany soon worked with Soo Young. She had almost a perfect life – just without Yoong.

And she couldn’t help wondering if the man was doing fine on his own.

*

Tiffany was forgiving. She couldn’t stay mad at Yoong for hurting her. She decided to find Yoong and reunite her daughter with her father. She would accept anything just as long as Yoong knows Krystal’s existence.

Unfortunately, God was not willing to make that happen. Tiffany died in a car accident. She was regretful towards her daughter. Tiffany was at her funeral; her in laws were crying so badly; her daughter was sitting with Soo Young quietly. She was still a baby but it seemed like she understood the fact that her mother was no longer around.

Krystal was awfully quiet. She didn’t even cry; she just looked on. Tiffany’s heart was aching so badly. She wanted so badly to reach out for her but she just couldn’t because she’s nothing but a ghost.

“I’m sorry, baby. I’m sorry that Mommy had to leave you.”

But sadly, nobody could hear it. Krystal was still keeping quiet to herself.

*

Tiffany was around when Yoong made his first visit to her grave. She was sitting beside him; caressing his cheeks but of course, Yoong couldn’t feel her. He was crying his heart out; he regretted so much. It wasn’t supposed to be like this. She didn’t mean to let him meet her like this. She was upset when Yoong became a different man.

The devastation of losing her drove this man to suicidal. He wanted to kill himself. Tiffany could hear him.

“Tiffany, wait for me.”

No, Yoong. You can’t. You haven’t meet Krystal yet!

*

Yoong tried to die in an accident kind of situation. He was a coward and Tiffany was furious with him. She was sitting with him in his car when his car was going in a zig zag manner. Tiffany tried to reach out to him so she wrapped her arms around him.

Of course Yoong couldn’t feel her but Tiffany managed to whisper softly in his ears.

“Yoong, please don’t do this. I love you.”

Miraculously, Yoong stopped his car and got out quickly. Tiffany smiled to herself when she heard him chiding himself for being a coward.

“Tiffany, are you here with me?”

“Yoong, can you feel me?”

Yoong closed his eyes and touched his heart. Tiffany leaned closer and placed her head near to his chest. Suddenly Yoong smiled.

“Tiffany, I promise I’ll set things right. I promise, Tiffany. I really love you. I really do.”

“Yes Yoong, I know. I know you do.”

*

Tiffany was never far from Yoong. She was always behind him even if she was just a gush of wind. She refused to let him go.

But she hoped Yoong could find his way out from this mess.

“Yoong, you can do this. You can undo this pain in everyone’s hearts. And return to Jessica, Yoong. She needs you.”

That was the last thing Tiffany whispered to him before she disappeared from good.

*