Part 3

Noona

“Uncle, I have some news of Yoong.”

“What?”

Taeyeon and Yul quickly turned. Soo Young dropped by few days later after he met Yoong by chance.

“Uncle Yul, Aunt Taeyeon, I met Yoong few days ago.”

The old couple didn’t say anything. But Taeyeon was already holding on to Soo Young’s hands. Honestly, Taeyeon misses Yoong so much. Whatever that had happened, Yoong’s still her son – her own flesh and blood.

“I told him about Tiffany’s demise. I gave him the address to Tiffany’s grave. I hope you don’t mind.”

Yul’s eyes softened. He just nodded his head; he didn’t say a single word. Yoong has always been on his mind all this while.

“How is he doing, Soo Young?”

Taeyeon finally said something. Tears were b in her eyes.

“He has grown thinner. He’s driving a taxi at the moment. But he looks happy on the surface but I know he’s suffering.”

“Why did you say that?”

Yul was curious.

“When I told him of Tiffany’s demise, he broke down and cried. He was devastated. I saw regrets in his eyes. That broken look he has on his face was just upsetting. I could literally felt his pain.”

Taeyeon was tearing up. Yul went up to her and wrapped his ex wife in his arms. The old couple was devastated upon hearing Yoong’s predicament. Soo Young told them everything; right from the start he chanced upon Yoong until the night when he left Tiffany’s cemetery address to Yoong.

He was wondering if he should let them know about Yoong’s son. But Taeyeon was already asking.

“How’s Jessica?”

“I didn’t see her.”

“I see.”

“But..”

Soo Young hesitated. Yul turned to look at him.

“But..?”

“They have a son together.”

The couple broke down immediately.

*

“UNCLE YOUNG!”

Minho was screaming into his ears. He has been calling his uncle but the older guy ignored him.

“What?”

“I called you for the last 5 minutes. Didn’t you hear me?”

“Sorry, I was thinking of something. What do you need?”

“Someone called.”

“Huh?”

Minho pointed to the phone on the table. Soo Young’s mobile was blaring with music.  He rushed over and picked up the phone. He saw the id caller – Jessica.

“I’m taking this in the room.”

“Hah! I think I know the caller.”

“Shut up.”

Soo Young closed the door behind him and cleared his throat immediately. He answered gently.

“Hey, Jessica!”

“Hi Soo Young, I’m sorry. Am I disturbing you?”

“Oh no, not at all. What’s up?”

“I was wondering if we could meet up for lunch tomorrow.”

“Oh sure!”

“I’ll go over to your office.”

“Ah, are you sure?”

“I’m having a meeting nearby your office. I’ll see you around 2?”

“Okay then.”

Soo Young smiled after Jessica hung up her call. He sighed softly. He still couldn’t believe how beautiful Jessica is right now. He has always been jealous of Yoong because he could be around Jessica all the time. But what he didn’t realize was – Yoong had an affair with his father’s girlfriend.

It got Soo Young mad when he found out. Mad partly because he felt betrayed and he felt that Yoong has crossed the line. He has never mentioned to anyone about his feelings for Jessica. He kept to himself and up till now, Soo Young wondered why his heart is still beating like mad whenever Jessica’s around.

However his smile faded when he recalled seeing Kai at Krystal’s birthday party. He was pretty sure there was something going on between them but he knew it would be disastrous if it really happens.

“I cannot let this happen. I must stop something. I must tell Uncle Yul about Kai!”

*

Krystal was touching the shimmering necklace around her neck. There was a tiny heart locket as well. She was smiling widely. That was a gift from Kai. She received plenty other expensive gifts from her family and friends but Krystal loves the necklace the most.

She kept twirling her fingers; fiddling with the necklace and smiled to herself. Her grandfather was watching her. He pouted his lips slightly.

“Why are you smiling like a beautiful idiot early in the morning?”

“What? I didn’t realize the word beautiful can work with idiot in on sentence.”

“You really love the necklace, don’t you?”

Krystal nodded gently. Her smile grew wider when she thought of the person who gave that gift to her.

“Who gave you that?”

“It’s that boy from her class.”

Her grandmother quipped in as she placed a mug of coffee in front of Yul.

“That boy from her class? The one with the moody eyes?”

“Yes, Krystal didn’t leave his side at all yesterday.”

“Mama~! Stop teasing me! He’s just my classmate.”

“Did I say something? Why are you feeling guilty?”

“Halmeoni!”

“Ya~ What did I say? Do not call me that!”

“But you were teasing me!”

“You like him, don’t you?”

Krystal’s face was flushing red. Yul raised his left eyebrow and took a sip of his coffee. He then proceeded to take his newspapers. He was flipping the pages but suddenly he spoke up.

“What’s his name?”

Krystal and Taeyeon looked up, puzzled.

“Huh?”

“That boy. What is his name?”

“Kai.”

“Kai? Just Kai?”

“He has the same surname with us. His name is Kai Kwon Jong In.”

Yul was surprised to hear that but nevertheless just nodded his head. He continued with his coffee while Taeyeon just looked at Krystal blankly. She didn’t feel comfortable. She suddenly recalled Soo Young’s words back then about Yoong having a son with Jessica.

“His name is Kai Kwon?”

“Yeah.”

“How much do you know him, Krystal?”

“He’s the only son. He has a mother but no father.”

“He has no father?”

“His father left him when he was little. He didn’t say much. He doesn’t really like to talk about his father.”

Taeyeon was relieved. Yoong wouldn’t leave Jessica. She somehow convinced that the boy, Kai might not be related to them. She was about to set her heart at ease when suddenly Krystal mentioned about his mother.

“His mother is a lecturer in a local university. He’s quite a smart boy.”

This time, both Yul and Taeyeon turned to look at each other.

*

Kai was surprised to find the mysterious man who went out with his mother at Krystal’s birthday party. He overheard Krystal calling him Daddy. He was frowning in confusion. He didn’t remember Krystal mentioning about her father before.

“Are you the only child?”

Krystal suddenly started a topic when Kai offered to send her home after the bad incident with the twins. They walked closely with each other.

“Yes, I’m the only child. I live with my mother.”

“Where’s your father?”

Kai kept quiet. He didn’t want to be reminded of his father who walked out of their lives when he was younger. His departure made his mother depressed over so many years.

“I don’t have a father.”

His voice was firm and stern. Krystal was taken aback for a minute before she put things together. She understood that resentment.

“I see. I’m sorry that I asked.”

“It’s alright. You don’t need to know about my father.”

“But have you seen your father?”

“I don’t remember how he looks like. I was only two when he left my mother.”

Krystal smiled bitterly. She nodded her head. She started walking ahead of Kai; deep in her thoughts. Kai was confused at first but somehow deduced that Krystal might not have a happy childhood too. He didn’t probe further but Krystal continued her story.

“I was born without my father. My mother had to raise me on her own. According to my grandfather, my father divorced my mother and left with another woman. My mother was pregnant with me by then but she didn’t tell him. She let him go.”

Kai was stunned. He just looked on; watching Krystal’s every move in case she breaks down or something.

“Then when I was 9 months old, my mother met with an accident and died in the crash.  I don’t have any memories of being with my mother except for the photos that my grandparents showed me.”

Kai’s heart was aching to hear Krystal’s story. At least he still has his mother.

“But I’m lucky that my grandparents raised me up. I owe my life to them. They shower me with so much love; so much joy and I don’t feel empty inside.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Why are you apologizing for?”

“You might be smiling but your smile is sad and bitter. Did you blame your father for leaving your mother?”

“I don’t even know how he looks like. I have never seen his photo. My grandparents were determined not to reveal anything of him to me.”

“I’m really sorry, Krystal. Don’t worry, I won’t leave. I’ll always be by your side.”

Without any words, Krystal just pulled Kai closer and hugged him tightly.

Kai felt a shake on his arm. He turned to find Krystal smiling widely at him. His frown turned into a quick smile. He saw his necklace around her neck. She was wearing it proudly.

“You like it?”

“Of course I do. Thanks, Kai!”

He smiled before making space for Krystal to sit beside him. Then he frowned again.

“Where’s your chauffer?”

“I decided to come to school on my own.”

“Huh?”

“I’m older enough now. I just turned 18!”

Kai made a distorted face.

“What’s with that face?”

“You’re a princess. You sure you can make it to school on your own?”

“Hey! Are you looking down on me?”

“No, I don’t dare to!”

Krystal was faking a punch and just smacked lightly on his arm. Kai gave her a quick grin. Suddenly he turned to face Krystal. The girl was shocked.

“What?”

“If you allow, I can fetch you to school and send you home after that.”

Krystal’s heart was feeling warm. She was blushing but nevertheless nodded her head softly.

“Okay then. I’ll wait for you at your house bus stop every morning. I’ll be your bodyguard.”

“Deal!”

The two friends were smiling and then Kai made a stupid move. Krystal was laughing so loudly. His heart felt at ease whenever Krystal smiled at him. He just had the strongest urge to protect this girl. He couldn’t understand why but he didn’t bother to find out either.

“Let’s go!”

“Wait.”

“Huh?”

Kai suddenly remembered Soo Young.

“You told me your father left you even before you were born.”

“Yeah?”

“Then why did you call a man “Daddy” on your birthday?”

Krystal was puzzled at first then she suddenly recalled Soo Young. She smiled widely.

“He’s my god father. He’s my late mother’s good friend and also my father’s best friend. He decided to take me as his god daughter since both of my parents were not with me.”

“Oh?”

“Why?”

“Nah, I was just curious. Come on now. We’re getting late. Let’s go.”

He pulled Krystal along; leaving the girl’s heart fluttering with so many emotions.

*

“Thanks for meeting me for lunch today, Jessica.”

Soo Young couldn’t take his eyes off Jessica. She was wearing a long white sleeves blouse and black pants. She was wearing a black blazer over her blouse. She looked amazing.

“I should be thanking you for finding some time for me.”

“It’s my great pleasure.”

The two old friends kept chatting; completely unaware of the time. Soo Young was really enjoying his moments with Jessica. They used to hang out together but always with Yoong around. Jessica was animated and somehow different from her famous trademark – ice princess.

“Why are you staring at me like that? Is there something on my face?”

“Huh? Oh no, I was just thinking how pretty you are today.”

“Haha, you’re still as funny as ever.”

“Well, it’s the truth!”

Soo Young was pouting his lips slightly and Jessica chuckled to herself. She gently smacked Soo Young’s hand before eyeing him from head to toe.

“What?”

“I remember you used to have a solid body. Do you still have that?”

Soo Young was blushing but he hid behind his drink. He cleared his throat. Jessica was giving him a playful smirk.

“How could you still remember that?”

“Well, your body was so much better than Yoong’s.”

“You were gawking at my body?”

“Hey, I couldn’t help it! You guys were half most of the time when we went swimming.”

Soo Young grinned and Jessica was smacking his arm. They reminisced about the past when suddenly Jessica’s smile fell when they talked about Yoong.

“Jessica, don’t you want to find him again?”

She took a sip from her drink before focusing on Soo Young. She sighed before looking up and stared deeply into Soo Young’s eyes. The man swallowed hard. He avoided her eyes.

“I don’t think he has any more feelings for me, Soo Young.”

“How could you say that? He left his family for you.”

“I think he finally realized that his heart loves Tiffany more than he ever loved me.”

“Jessica, do you hate Tiffany?”

“No, I felt terrible. I thought of her baby sometimes. I was the one who broke his family apart and if he ever found out, the child may not forgive me.”

“Jessica, the child has grown up beautifully.”

Jessica’s eyes grew larger.

“You have seen the child?”

“Tiffany’s girl is as beautiful as her mother.”

Jessica was tearing up.

“Tiffany has a daughter?”

Her voice was choking up. Soo Young nodded.

“If only Yoong is here, he would be happy to know that he has a daughter.”

Jessica was crying. Soo Young’s heart ached when he saw the tears falling from the side of her eyes. He decided to be truthful.

“Jessica, Yoong knows.”

Jessica was stunned.

“How..?”

“I saw him and told him that he has a daughter.”

Jessica’s mind was in a huge turmoil.

“And Jessica, there’s something else you should know too.”

“What is it, Soo Young?”

Soo Young took a deep breath.

“Tiffany’s gone.”

“What?!”

“She died in a car accident when her daughter was only 9 months old.”

Jessica was shocked.

*

Jessica was crying bitterly on her bed. She was totally stunned and devastated to learn about Tiffany’s death.

“Tiffany... Tiffany... I’m sorry.. I’m really sorry.”

Jessica finally understood why Yoong disappeared. He must be dying inside to learn about Tiffany’s death. This was not supposed to happen. Jessica suddenly thought of Tiffany’s daughter; the knife in her heart twisted further.

She felt sorry for Tiffany’s daughter. She’s a mother herself so she felt terrible when she realized what she did have caused so much pain to Tiffany and the innocent girl. She pulled out an album. She turned the pages over and stopped at a photo which Tiffany had taken with her together with Yul and Yoong.

Her heart ached as she thought of the past.

“Wow, you’re beautiful!”

Tiffany squealed in delight. Jessica was Yul’s girlfriend when she met Tiffany for the first time. Yoong told her about Jessica.

“You’re pretty too.”

“Yoong was right. You’re really beautiful! Uncle Yul, you’re so lucky!”

“Ya, shouldn’t you call me Appa already?”

Tiffany was blushing but Jessica was consumed with jealousy. Yoong was meant to be hers but there was nothing she could do. She turned ahead to find Yoong. He was avoiding her eyes.

“Come Tiffany, let’s go. We have to get going. My mom is waiting for us.”

“Oh, sure! But can we take a photo together? Unnie, can I stand beside you?”

Jessica was asking Yoong for help with her eyes but the younger guy shrugged his shoulders. Yul was already pulling Jessica closer to Tiffany.

“Let’s take a photo together. This is going to be our first family photo.”

Jessica hated those words so much. She hated the word family. She couldn’t accept Tiffany as Yoong’s wife. But she didn’t have much choice. She had to let Yoong go. But Yoong was bold. He was brazen enough to hold Jessica’s hand as he hid them behind Tiffany. He held it tightly. Jessica glanced down and then looked up.

Yoong was smiling. Jessica’s heart melted with his smile and she held on tightly as well. That was the only thing she could do – loving Yoong behind Tiffany’s back.

“Tiffany, I’m sorry. I’m really sorry for what I did to you. I guess this is my retribution for hurting you like this. I’m sorry..”

Jessica continued to cry till the next morning.

*

Krystal was queuing for a bus. Kai was late so he couldn’t meet her. But he would be waiting for her at the school bus stop. She was with another man at the bus stop. The man was limping. Soon the bus came and Krystal was waving it down. She glanced over her shoulder and saw the man was struggling to get up. She felt sorry for him.

She went over to him and helped him up. The man was grateful. He smiled at her.

“Are you alright?”

“I’m okay. Thanks for your help. You better get going. The bus’s leaving.”

“Are you taking this bus too?”

“No, I was just taking a rest from the walking. I can walk now.”

“Oh, do you need a lift?”

“Huh? I mean I can take a cab to school and send you off at your destination before continue my journey to school. You seemed to be in pain.”

The man was struggling so much that he perspired non-stop. He shook his head and declined Krystal’s offer.

“I just live around this corner. Thank you for your concern but I’ll be fine.”

“Okay then.”

Krystal was adjusting her file and books when the man stopped her from leaving. He glanced down to the name on her file. He looked up.

“Your name is Krystal?”

“Yes.”

“That’s a nice name.”

“My mother gave it to me.”

“What’s your full name?”

“Krystal Kwon Soo Jung.”

The man appeared to be stunned but he regained his composure quickly.

“That’s a really nice name.”

“Thanks! I have to go now.”

“Sure, take care.”

Krystal nodded and quickly boarded the bus.

*

The man looked on as the bus disappeared from his view. There were tears in his eyes. His heart was aching so much. He glanced down to his hands. The girl was holding on to them tightly. He could still feel her warmth.

“Krystal...”

He whispered softly.

“You’ve grown up beautifully. You look just like your mother, Krystal.”

He wiped his tears away.

“I miss you.. Daddy misses you..”

*

“Kai!”

“Hey, are you okay?”

“Huh? I’m fine. Why?”

“You were late. You should be here 10 minutes ago.”

“Oh, I missed the bus.”

“Ah, alright. Let’s go then.”

Kai took her hand and pulled her along. Once again, Krystal felt warmth seeding from inside. Kai was holding her hand protectively. They made their way to the school when the twins appeared in front of them. This time, they weren’t alone. There were a few guys behind them.

“Kai Kwon, we meet again.”

Kai squared himself up again. He stood protectively in front of Krystal. The girl was hiding behind him.

“What do you want?”

“My brother, Chanyeol likes Krystal. I hope you can give her up for him.”

Kai scoffed.

“Your brother? Are you confessing on his behalf? Doesn’t he have balls to confess himself?”

“YOU!”

Chanyeol was infuriated with Kai’s words but Kris pulled him back.

“You have just insulted my brother.”

“Really? I didn’t realize that.”

“You better behave.”

“I think the ones who should behave are the two of you. What? You don’t have the guts to fight with me one to one? You have to bring back up with you?”

Kai was stepping on Kris’s tail. He was annoying Kris to a certain extent. He was about to raise his hand when Chanyeol pulled him back.

“Hyung! Let’s forget about it. Let’s go.”

“No! Krystal is meant to be yours! You like her, right?”

“But you’re going to fight again. Dad will be mad if he finds out you’re fighting in school again!”

“You better listen to your dongsaeng.”

Kai spoke up. Kris glared at him.

“I don’t wish to fight with you. It doesn’t bring anything good for me.”

“You better watch out. Don’t let me see you alone! I’ll kill you!”

Kris pointed his finger at Kai before Chanyeol dragged him away. Krystal was too afraid to say anything. She just held Kai’s hand tightly. Kai remained his ground until the twins and their gang were out of sight. He immediately turned to Krystal.

“Are you alright?”

He was panicking. Krystal could see his worried eyes.

“I’m fine.”

“Are you sure? You were trembling so badly. I could feel your hands trembled so hard.”

Krystal smiled widely.

“I’m fine, Kai.”

Then time stood still. Krystal was closing in while Kai just looked on with his eyes wide open. They were staring into each others’ eyes for a while before Krystal leaned forward and gave him a peck on his cheek.

“Thank you.”

She mumbled softly. Kai was taken aback.

*

Jessica’s eyes were swollen. She wore her shades over them even when she was giving lectures to the student. She was crying the whole night while thinking of Tiffany. She just couldn’t stop crying each time Tiffany’s face into her mind.

She was done with her lectures and decided to head home early. She grabbed her stuff and left her office immediately. She slowly made her way out of the university. She didn’t drive today. Her eyes were too painful to be kept open. So she took cab instead.

Just then, she saw someone familiar leaning against a car. He looked guilty. At least his eyes were showing remorse. He quickly ran up to Jessica.

“I’m sorry.”

“Huh?”

“I shouldn’t have told you about Tiffany’s death. You must have cried the whole night, right?”

“How did you know?”

“I called you last night. You answered the call but you didn’t say anything. There was muffling and sniffling sounds. I know you were crying.”

Jessica’s eyes were watery again. And a tear escaped from the corner of her eyes. The man saw it. He quickly wiped her tears away. Suddenly he grabbed Jessica’s hands and led her to his car.

“Where are we going?”

“I’ll take you to some place.”

“Soo Young, are you alright?”

“Just get in. I promise it won’t be long.”

*

They were walking along rows and rows of graves on each side. Jessica somehow knew where they were heading to. Soo Young was thoughtful enough to prepare a bouquet of flowers for her. She was holding to them tightly in her left arm as she hooked her right arm with Soo Young’s.

“Here she is.”

Jessica turned to find Tiffany’s photo smiling at her. Tears quickly swelled in her eyes. She staggered two steps forward before caressing Tiffany’s photo.

“Tiffany, I’m finally here. I’m sorry it took me years to visit you.”

She wiped her tears away; Soo Young looked on blankly. There were tears in his eyes too.

“I’m sorry for everything I did to you. I’m sorry for robbing your happiness away from you. I’m sorry for forcefully took Yoong away from you and your daughter. I’m really sorry.  I’m dying inside now, Tiffany. I couldn’t apologize to you anymore. It was just too late for me.”

Jessica burst out in tears. This was so wrong. This was just not right. Tiffany shouldn’t die.

And for the first time in her life, Jessica wanted a time machine to turn things back around.

*

Krystal and Kai hung out together after school. Krystal was brave enough to hook her arm around his. Kai didn’t pull away. He just held her hand tightly as they wandered from one shop to another. He felt right and she felt protected. Kai gave her security while Krystal warmed Kai’s heart all the time.

Soon after, Krystal pounced onto a photo card machine. Kai was already planning to run away.

“Come back here!”

“I don’t like to take pictures!”

“Oh come, don’t be a spoilsport!”

“I don’t look good in photographs.”

“Does it matter? I just want to take a picture with you.”

“Do I have to?”

“Are you my friend?”

Kai nodded his head.

“Then take a photo with me.”

“That’s emotion blackmailing!”

“Just come over here, will you?!”

Eventually, Krystal forced Kai to take a photo card with her. Kai hates to take pictures but Krystal was whining too much. He eventually relented and they took two photos together.

“Here’s one for you and this one is for me.”

She gave Kai one photo card.

“Keep it in your wallet.”

“Oh okay.”

“I’m keeping mine in my purse.”

Krystal was smiling away; that photo card obviously made her happy. Kai’s heart was elated to see Krystal smiling so widely. They continued their window shopping when Krystal saw her mother’s photo on a magazine.

“Do you recognize her?”

Kai looked closer and then his eyes grew larger.

“Isn’t that your grandmother?”

“Yes she is.”

“She’s a celebrity!?”

“Yeah, she was a famous celebrity back in her younger days. She’s not active anymore but she still receives invitations to big functions like this.”

“Wow, she’s beautiful. Is she your mother’s mom?”

“No, she’s my father’s mom.”

“Oh.”

“The man beside him is my grandfather. He scared you the last time right?”

Yul was interrogating every guy that came to Krystal’s party. Kai wasn’t spared either. The only one spared was Minho.

“Not really. He’s just concerned for his precious granddaughter.”

“Are you mocking at me now?”

“No, I don’t dare to.”

“Good!”

Kai stuck his tongue out and Krystal was giggling away. They enjoyed their outing together but unaware to them, someone was watching.

“Damn you, Kai Kwon!”

Kris spat on the floor before leaving the place in a huff. He was hatching for revenge.

*

Taeyeon was pushing her market trolley back to her house. Yul was busy at his office because of a meeting. Taeyeon refused to call for her helper. She decided to do this on her own.

“I can do this!”

She was encouraging herself as a wide smile plastered on her face. Suddenly she heard someone calling out for her.

“MAMA!”

She turned around to find Krystal running towards her; Kai was close behind her. She smiled.

“Krystal, what are you doing here?”

“Kai is sending me home.”

The boy quickly bowed at her; Taeyeon returned the bow with a smile.

“It’s nice of you to send Krystal home every day.”

“It’s my pleasure, Maam. She can get really blur sometimes.”

“Tell me about it. She’s just hopeless with directions.”

“MAMA!”

Krystal hushed her grandmother and then glared at Kai. The boy shrugged his shoulders but he quickly took the trolley away from Taeyeon.

“Let me help you.”

“It’s alright, son.”

“It’s okay, Auntie. This is too heavy for you. Oh, I can call you Auntie, right? Krystal said you will kill me if I call you Haelmeoni.”

Taeyeon turned to her cheeky granddaughter. The girl stuck her tongue out.

“Don’t listen to her. She’s talking nonsense. But you can call me Auntie though.”

Kai gave her a quick grin and Taeyeon was taken aback. That grin was so familiar.

“Let’s go, Krystal. Looks like it might rain anytime.”

Kai pushed the trolley ahead of them. Krystal was hooking her arm with her grandmother. Taeyeon was pulled along as she watched Kai from behind. There were occasional turns from him as he smiled at Krystal.

Taeyeon was surprised to see that smile. That smile was familiar.

Kai suddenly reminded her of Yoong.

*

Soo Young sent Jessica home. He managed to calm her down after the visit to Tiffany’s grave. It was just too much for Jessica to take. Now she finally understood why Yoong disappeared. He must have felt terrible and devastated.

“Will you be alright, Jessica?”

“Yes, thanks for sending me home.”

“Do you want me to keep you company?”

Jessica looked up; Soo Young was hopeful. He didn’t feel comfortable leaving Jessica like this. Jessica, on the other hand, needed someone. She nodded her head.

“Okay, let’s get you inside. I’ll make you hot coffee.”

“This is my house.”

“Well, just let me take care of you tonight. You cried so much. You need some rest. I’ll make some snacks too.”

Soo Young pushed Jessica gently back into her house. She didn’t want to be alone at that moment and Soo Young just wanted to spend more time with Jessica.

“Kai’s not home yet.”

“Maybe he’s out with his friends.”

“I need to call him.”

“Alright, but after that, take a shower. I’ll prepare some dinner.”

Soo Young closed the door behind him. They were not alone. Someone was watching them. He was hiding behind the pillar.

“Jessica...”

He whispered softly.

*

“You’re home.”

“Yes, I am.”

“Did you manage to talk to her?”

He shook his head.

“You still need more time?”

“I don’t dare to face them like this, Sunny.”

“Okay, just take your time.”

He nodded his head as he limped back into his room. He put his cap away and took out his shirt. He pulled out his pants and faced the mirror. He was staring at his long scar down his leg.

“What the hell were you thinking of, Kwon Yoong?”

He chided himself.

*

To be continued.....