Part 5

Noona

 

Yul was feeling perplexed. He was restless. Soo Young finally unveiled the truth and Taeyeon started crying her heart out. Yul was stunned when Soo Young told him that Kai is their other grandchild.

“I hope you are prepared for this truth.”

“Soo Young, is everything okay? You’ve seen our grandson?”

Soo Young nodded and Taeyeon’s knees buckled. She slumped to the sofa. Yul was still holding on to her tightly before turning back to Soo Young.

“Where did you see him?”

Soo Young took a deep breath and sighed loudly. He sat down beside the couple and scrutinized their faces carefully. He wasn’t too sure if they could take this truth. But he couldn’t let another mistake happen again. He sighed again.

“Soo Young, you’re making me nervous.”

“Uncle Yul, actually you’ve seen him too.”

Yul’s eyes grew wider and Taeyeon was stunned. She then trembled as her lips quivered. She sat up carefully and then took Soo Young’s hands. She enveloped her hands around his and clenched tightly. Soo Young was already feeling sorry for her.

“Soo Young, I think I know too.”

“Auntie Taeyeon?”

“It’s Kai, isn’t it?”

Yul spun quickly and watched in horror when Soo Young nodded his head slowly.

“KAI?! KAI KWON?!”

Yul stood up immediately. He was in dismay. His grandson was with his granddaughter all along. Maybe God was playing a joke on them. He might even make them pay for the mistakes they had done.

“Uncle, I just found out too. That’s why I was so surprised to see Kai at Krystal’s birthday party.”

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier, Soo Young?”

“I wasn’t too sure if I should. But I think Krystal likes him. And I know I have to stop them before things get worse.”

Yul and Taeyeon just looked on blankly. Soo Young hung his head low. He wasn’t too sure what to say or do next. Then Taeyeon spoke up.

“I have this feeling that Kai might be connected to us. He has Yoong’s smile. He has Jessica’s eyes. And every time he grins or when he smiles, he looks like a carbon copy of Yoong. I wished it wasn’t him because Krystal seems to like him a lot. But I was done for when Krystal told me that his mother is a lecturer at a university. That sounds like Jessica.”

“Jessica is still working for the university. But there is something else that you have to know too.”

“What is it?”

Soo Young bit his lower lip.

“Yoong left Jessica and Kai when Kai was two years old.”

The old couple was stunned beyond words.

*

Yul found himself at the university car park. The place reminded him of Jessica when he was still dating her. He waited at the same car park for her to end her work. He smiled to himself. The memories he shared with her were still vivid on his mind. Even though Jessica chose to hurt him like that but he was grateful to her for giving him a chance to see how perfect Taeyeon is.

He got out from his car and leaned against his car. He wasn’t too sure why he was here. But his mind was quick to transport him back to the days when he first met Jessica.

Yul was meeting his old friend at the cafeteria. They were supposed to discuss about some new business venture. He had his coffee in front of him and sat with his legs crossed. He took a sip and it was obvious he was enjoying his coffee quietly. Students were passing him by; some were running; some were joking; some were just too engrossed in their conversations and some looked like they were still in their sweet slumber.

Yul was watching them and then suddenly someone caught his eye. He was staring at her right now. His heart was fluttering and his stomach was full of butterflies. Yul had to slap himself.

“Stop staring, Kwon Yul! She’s just a student!”

Yul quickly looked away. He had to. He didn’t want to look like a ert old man lusting over young girls like her. He was a gentleman not a lewd old man.

“Yul!”

He sighed in a relief. His friend had finally come. But to his surprise, the angel was beside him. She was walking behind him. What on earth. What the hell is she doing with him?

“Hey Sean.”

“Did you wait long?”

“Err, not really.”

Yul was greeting his friend but his eyes were fixated on the beautiful girl beside him. He cursed at himself for looking like a ert but he just couldn’t take his eyes off the beautiful angel.

“Thank you for waiting. Anyway, I have to introduce you to my colleague.”

Yul frowned. The girl is his colleague?

“This is Jessica Jung. She’s one of the lecturers in this school. She’s from my faculty.”

Ah, a lecturer. Yul suddenly didn’t feel like a ert anymore. It was a natural attraction. She’s really beautiful.

*

“Thanks for meeting me instead of Sean.”

“Sunbae is busy at the moment. He asked me to go on his behalf. Anyway I’m grateful that he’s asking me to join into this venture.”

“You’re really smart; capable and not to mention, beautiful too.”

Jessica blushed immediately. They didn’t meet at school this time. Yul was waiting at a posh restaurant and Jessica felt awkward being with him alone. But Yul was a gentleman and he knew ways and how to treat a lady right.

The meeting went well so were the friendship. Yul then took the courage to ask her out for another date without the formal meeting. He was certain that Jessica wouldn’t agree but he was wrong. The girl nodded her head shyly.

It started a new relationship and Yul was gradually falling in love with the lady’s smile and her sweet natured character; well not everyone could see that. Yul was lucky he could. Soon, Yul was getting more confident of himself and Jessica finally accepted his heart.

He loves her unconditionally. He finally thought this was it. Not intending to make Taeyeon was a mistake but Jessica was totally different. He regretted hurting Taeyeon like that. She could be in love with someone else and have a wonderful family with children but no, he was selfish enough to keep Taeyeon and then decided that he didn’t love her anymore.

But Taeyeon was forgiving. And Yul couldn’t chuck aside his responsibility as the father of her child. They both took responsible of Yoong and everything that he needed from both parents. And even he was to date someone who almost as young as Yoong; probably just a few years older; Taeyeon didn’t really say anything. She just wanted him to be happy.

He was happy. Jessica made him happy. He still couldn’t understand why Jessica decided to leave him. The couple didn’t really have much ual contact but months before Jessica left with Yoong, they had a enjoyable made out session. Jessica was upset with something or someone and Yul wanted to cheer her up. They ended up making love.

He knew his feelings for Jessica was still there. But he chose to love Taeyeon now. That woman has stood by his side and he has fallen in love with her all over again. But if he was given a choice, he would love to make Jessica and Taeyeon to stay with him. He wanted both women to himself.

*

“Yul?”

He looked up and was taken aback to find the person he was thinking of; standing in front of him. She was equally surprised to see him there. Yul took a quick look from her head to toe. She matured a lot but still looks as gorgeous as ever.

“Hi Jessica.”

The two were tongue-tied; not knowing what to do. Nevertheless Jessica moved closer to him and circled around another car. That was when Yul realized that he parked his car next to Jessica’s. He thought Jessica would just get into the car and drive off but suddenly she stood up.

“Are you waiting for Professor Sean?”

“Huh? No, I was just..”

He didn’t know why he was there and what brought him here. He was just thinking of Jessica and then seconds later realized he was at the university car park.

“Is there something you would like to talk about, Yul?”

Jessica was being formal and respectful. Even her mannerisms were a little different. She was no longer warm and Yul definitely felt the distant between them.

“Sica, can we talk over coffee?”

Jessica nodded her head and proceeded on to lock her car. Yul did the same and both went over to the cafeteria. Jessica sat across Yul but her eyes were focusing on the floor. Yul bought some drinks and joined her at the table. Jessica was extremely silent.

“How are you, Jessica?”

“I’m good. You?”

“I’m good.”

Then silence fell. Jessica was twisting the corner of her napkin while Yul was still staring at Jessica. He knew what happened between Jessica and his son. He suddenly felt sorry for her.

“Jessica, I’m sorry for what happened.”

Jessica looked up; confused. She burrowed her eyebrows together; not knowing how to react to Yul’s apologies.

“Why are you apologizing to me?”

“I heard Yoong left.”

Jessica’s facial expressions changed instantly. Her tears were quick to her eyes and Yul could see them clearly. He knew because after all, they were in love before. But Jessica was quick to wipe them away and then smiled weakly at him.

“I guess it was my retribution.”

“What do you mean?”

“I hurt you. I hurt Taeyeon unnie. I hurt Tiffany. And I was definitely a wicked person for separating Yoong from his daughter. I guess all these that happened were all for a reason.”

Yul shook his head. He leaned closer and tapped Jessica gently on her hand. Jessica was staring at his hand.

“It’s all in the past, Jessica. It’s all over. I guess you have started anew with your life. You’re still working here as a lecturer?”

“Yes, I am. And you’re right. I have put my foot into the future and I’m happy with what I’ve got right now.”

“Including your son?”

Jessica was stunned. Her eyes were wide open.

“Relax, Soo Young told us everything.”

“Oh?”

“He told us everything. And no, it’s not your fault that Tiffany died. It was an accident.”

At the mentioned of Tiffany’s name, Jessica was quick to cry. She was still feeling guilty towards her.

“I feel like dying when I found out about Tiffany’s demise. I stole her husband. I was the one who caused her daughter to be an orphan now. She had a daughter, right?”

Yul nodded.

“I’m sorry, Yul. I didn’t mean to hurt anyone. I was selfish and I definitely didn’t think of the consequences. All of us are hurting because of it.”

“But it’s already over. You’ve gone beyond that. I heard from Soo Young, you raised your son singlehandedly?”

“Yes, he’s all I’ve got now.”

Jessica’s eyes sparkled as she spoke fondly of Kai. Yul was smiling way. He had seen his grandson. He was proud of Jessica for raising a well-mannered and handsome boy. But he didn’t mention to her that he has seen Kai.

“Yul, I know you hate me and Yoong. But Yoong has been suffering ever since he stepped out of the house. He was regretting, Yul.”

It was Yul’s turn to have tears in his eyes.

“You can hate me if you want but please don’t hate Yoong. I have given up on Yoong. But if there’s a chance for Yoong to return to you, please accept him back. He’s your son after all.”

“Jessica..”

“Please Yul. If you cannot accept my son, it’s okay with me. But Yoong’s your flesh and blood. He deserves a second chance, Yul.”

Jessica was sincere enough. Her tears never stopped flowing and Yul felt a tug in his heart. He finally realized how much everyone has suffered; it was not only him, Taeyeon or Krystal. Jessica and Kai suffered too.

Yul smiled as he leaned forward. He pulled Jessica closer and hugged her tighter. The latter was taken aback but she needed someone to hold on to. She leaned against Yul’s shoulders.

“Jessica, everyone deserves a second chance.”

Jessica was sobbing softly as she listened carefully to what Yul had to say.

“That everyone includes you, Jessica. You deserve a second chance too.”

Jessica finally broke down.

*

Kai decided to pay a visit at his mother’s office. They haven’t been eating dinner together that much. His mother always seemed to be in a distracted mode. This morning, she added sugar onto his scrambled eggs and salt into his cup of tea. Kai knew his mother was not herself. Ever since Soo Young came, he noticed his mother’s world was softly crumbling into pieces.

He didn’t like that. He wanted to confront Soo Young but he thought it was a rash thing to do. He decided to have a talk with his mother. But to his surprise, he found his mother hugging some guy who looked relatively much older than his mother.

Kai was certain that person wasn’t Soo Young. The man was as tall but he had plentiful of white hair as compared to Soo Young. Kai came closer; he wanted to have a clearer view.

To his horror, Kai almost fell onto the ground when he realized who that man was. He was confused; angry and upset all at the same time. He wasn’t too sure what his mother was doing. First, she let Soo Young came into their house without him and now she’s hugging Krystal’s grandfather.

Kai was perplexed.

“Mom, what’s wrong with you?”

*

Yoong limped his way to the cemetery. It was Tiffany’s birthday and Yoong brought her favourite flowers. He was wearing white long sleeves and black pants. He just drove Kris and Chanyeol home before making his way to visit his ex-wife. He appeared calm and composed but the moment his eyes met Tiffany’s photo, he crumbled yet again. Each time he visited Tiffany’s grave, he would spend his time crying silently while whispering sweet nothings into the wind; hoping Tiffany could hear them.

He just recalled his past few years ago. He was in coma for so long and when he woke up, he couldn’t remember who he was. The family who was taking care of him only knew his name was Yoong.

“Tiffany..”

Yoong’s heart was aching.

“I’m here again. Happy Birthday, sweetheart.”

He smiled as he gently placed the bouquet above the grave. Tiffany’s photo was always smiling. It was the perfect image of her. Tiffany’s eye smiles could melt anyone’s heart and it definitely did for him.

“How have you been? I’m sorry I didn’t visit often.”

Sometimes he wished he could at least listen to Tiffany’s voice whenever he visited her. He missed her voice so much that sometimes Yoong had hallucinations of Tiffany standing in front of him; with a smile and arms wide open. But of course, it was just his stupid wish. It would never happen; it could never be.

“Tiffany, you were there when I was shot, right? I could hear you, Tiffany. I could hear your voice so clearly right behind my ears.”

Yoong had this vivid memory of that.

“I know you were there, Tiffany. I knew you were. I’m sorry I couldn’t wake up earlier. I’m sorry that I didn’t visit you for so long. You must be unhappy with me, right? I’m really sorry. I’ll visit you every year from now own.”

He did a promise gesture with his fingers.

“I miss you, Tiffany. I really do. I’m going to do things right now. I’ll not run away anymore. I’ll face reality and try to win our daughter’s heart all over again. I know it’s going to be hard because she doesn’t know me but I’m going to try my very best, Tiffany.”

His heart ached.

“I love you, Tiffany. Please rest in peace. I promise you, I’ll take good care of Krystal whether she accepts me or not. I’m not going to be irresponsible anymore. I promise.”

He then leaned closer and kissed Tiffany’s photo.

He wanted to keep that promise.

*

“Kai?”

Krystal was surprised to find Kai at her house. Her grandparents were out. Krystal had no idea where they went.

“Where’s your grandfather?”

“I don’t know. He has left the house since this morning.”

Kai rolled his eyes; he was certainly agitated by that image of Krystal’s grandfather hugging his mother tightly.

“What’s wrong?”

Krystal could sense Kai was upset. But she couldn’t put a finger to it.

“Did he ask me so many questions the last time because he wanted to go out with my mother?”

“Huh? What? What are you talking about?!”

Krystal couldn’t believe Kai said such mean words about her grandfather. Her Dada is not that kind of person. He loves her Mama a lot.

Kai kept his silence. He was clenching his fists together. That image of them hugging was still vivid in his mind.

“Kai Kwon, why are you so angry? And how could you just barge into my house and accuse my grandfather like that?!”

“I didn’t accuse him! I saw him with my very own eyes!”

“What? What did he do!?”

Kai was breathing hard. He was slowly getting annoyed and Krystal wasn’t backing down either. Her eyes were glaring at Kai. She was disappointed with Kai.

“So you want to know what he did.”

“Yes, what he did to make you so angry like this?”

Kai punched the wall on the side but Krystal remained her ground. She was really pissed with him.

“Your grandfather was hugging my mother at her work place!”

Krystal was completely stunned.

*

Minho was bored to death. He was walking aimlessly at the shopping mall. His uncle was forever busy and never had time for him. So he decided to use his uncle’s credit card which he gave it to Minho willingly to spend on. But the guy didn’t know what he should do.

Minho was looking through some magazines at the rack outside the bookshop when someone bumped into him. He almost fell backward but the person was quick enough to grab his arm. He was about to scold that person and immediately stood up. He was squaring up in front of that person and was surprised to find a girl instead. In fact, he recognized that girl. And she was crying.

“Krystal?”

The girl recognised him. She apologised with her quivering voice. Minho was concerned.

“Krystal, are you alright?”

“Minho oppa..”

“What’s wrong? Why are you crying?”

“Minho oppa, can I hug you?”

“Ah..”

“Please?”

Krystal was looking at him with her sad puppy eyes. Minho just couldn’t say no. He didn’t reply her. He just wrapped his arms around her and Krystal cried on his shoulders bitterly. Something bad must have happened. She was really upset over something which Minho couldn’t figure out.

“Just cry, alright? I’m here.”

And Krystal really cried her heart out.

*

Soo Young was at his office when Jessica appeared at his door. Soo Young was surprised to find her that he quickly stood up. He couldn’t find words to say as the lady was staring at him with her red swollen eyes.

“Jessica?”

“Soo Young..”

“What’s wrong?”

Soo Young wrapped his arms around Jessica. He hugged her tightly and the lady conveniently leaned on him. She wrapped her arms around his waist.

“What happened, Jessica? Are you alright?”

“I saw Yul.”

“Huh? Uncle Yul?”

“He came to the university earlier on. He told me he has forgiven me. He has forgiven Yoong.”

Soo Young was surprised.

“You told him about me?”

“They came to my office the other time. They were wondering about you.”

“You told them about Kai too?”

Soo Young nodded.

“They were curious about their grandson. Did he ask about him?”

“No, he didn’t say much. He was just telling me to move on and forget the past.”

Soo Young held her tighter in his arms. He pulled Jessica closer and the lady was almost buried her face in his chest. They stayed like that for awhile before Soo Young pulled Jessica away from him.

He knew Jessica was feeling vulnerable and he knew he shouldn’t take advantage of her. But he couldn’t help it. He loved her; and he still does. He loves her too much and watching Jessica like this hurt him greatly.

Jessica was aware of what was going on but her heart was in too much pain. Soo Young’s stare was piercing into hers and before she knew it; Soo Young had already closing the gap between them. She was in the state of trance when Soo Young’s lips landed on hers. He was so gentle; so careful and it seemed like he was deliberately being soft because he didn’t want to hurt her further.

She didn’t retaliate nor reacted to the kiss. But somehow she buckled and crumbled. She was indeed very vulnerable. Her heart was beating so fast and she hasn’t kissed any guy for a long time. That needy feeling was overpowering her. She finally reacted to his kiss.

It was like a floating dream for the both of them. Soo Young worshipped Jessica ever since he laid eyes on her. He couldn’t get over her. And Jessica was letting herself being taken advantage of. One thing led to another and before they knew it; it ignited the fire and it was definitely a long night for the both of them.

“, what the hell is going on?”

*

“Are you feeling better?”

Krystal has finally stopped crying but she was still hugging Minho. The boy felt a little awkward but he was glad that he could lend his shoulders for Krystal to cry on.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know what to do.”

“It’s alright. Are you okay now?”

Krystal nodded.

“Great! Are you hungry?”

“Huh?”

“You were crying for the last 2 hours.”

“2 hours?!”

“Yeah, we were just sitting here; you can really cry a lot.”

“I’m sorry.”

“I’m not complaining.”

Krystal looked up to find Minho’s upper part of his shirt were drenched with her tears. She was shocked.

“Oh my god, your shirt!”

“It’s okay.”

“I’m really sorry, Oppa.”

“As long as you’re alright, Krystal.”

Minho was really nice to Krystal. Krystal was feeling slightly better after the tears. And Minho tried his best to cheer her up. She wanted to reward him for his efforts and gave him a wide smile. Minho’s smile was instantly wide.

“Good, you’re smiling!”

“Thanks.”

“Sure! Now let’s grab something to eat. I’m hungry.”

“Okay then. My treat.”

“No,no. I’m the guy. I’ll treat.”

“Huh? But..”

“I didn’t get anything for you on your birthday. I’ll give you a treat.”

“Okay. So where are we going?”

“Your choice.”

“Are you serious?”

“Do I look like I’m joking?”

“What if I go for an expensive restaurant?”

“Don’t worry!”

He took out Soo Young’s credit card.

“That’s Daddy’s card.”

“He told me I can use it anytime I want.”

“You’re kidding?”

“Come on, let’s go!”

Minho was nudging Krystal forward. He urged for another smile from Krystal and that girl gave it to him willingly. They were happy. And it irked someone else who was watching them.

That someone who felt sorry for making Krystal cry earlier on; that someone who blew his temper on the poor innocent Krystal; pushing the blame on her – Kai Kwon.

“Krystal, I’m sorry. I’m really sorry.”

He regretted.

*

Yul returned home shortly after Taeyeon. He saw her car earlier on. He went to look for his wife.

“Dear?”

He wandered from one room to another but he couldn’t find Taeyeon. He was really confused. Her car was parked at their garage. Just then, he heard a soft music coming from a room that was left forgotten. He didn’t wak past that room anymore since the occupant was no longer staying there.

He saw light underneath the door.

“Taeyeon?”

He turned the door knob gently and then he could hear young Yoong’s laughing voice. His wife was inside their son’s room; watching his old videos. Those videos were taken when Yoong was still a baby. He looked up and tears quickly filled up his eyes.

“Congratulations Mr Kwon! You have a healthy baby boy!”

The doctor placed little Baby Boy Kwon in his arms. He cradled the tiny little boy gently in his arms before making his way to his tired ex wife. He may have divorced her but Yul still took part in many of the activities like pre-natal care classes and tried to be involved as much as he could.

“He’s here, Tae.”

He smiled at his ex wife. She was beautiful; she still is despite going through a hard time just to deliver his son into this world.

“He’s beautiful.”

Taeyeon’s eyes were moist. Her tears and sweat have blended into one and she just broke down all over again when the little baby opened his eyes slightly. He didn’t cry but instead he just cuddled closer to Taeyeon’s chest. His mouth was wide open.

“He’s hungry already. He’s really smart.”

Said the staff nurse who was helping Taeyeon as it was her first time. Yul looked on with so much pride in his eyes. He was proud of his ex wife. She looked up and saw his eyes. She smiled. Yul felt emotional so he leaned closer towards his ex wife. His face was so close up with Taeyeon’s.

“Thank you, Taeyeon.”

Yul kissed her forehead gently.

*

“You’re here, Yul.”

“Here I bought some tonics and dinner. Have you eaten?”

“Nah, Yoong was cranky. He wouldn’t stop crying.”

Yul gave his ex wife a hug before taking Yoong into his arms.

“Then grab something to eat. I’ll look after Yoong.”

“Thanks Yul.”

He took his son into the living room as his ex wife tried to find some time for herself. He put his son down onto the sofa and the little boy started to whine.

“He has been like this for the whole time.”

Yoong wanted his father to carry him. He refused to put his down as he hung onto his father like a koala bear.

“Yoong, Daddy needs to adjust my tie for awhile.”

Yoong just looked at him with the pacifier in his mouth. He had that puppy eyes and Yul fell for it immediately.

“Arasso, I’ll carry you okay?”

Yoong’s eyes sparkled. He got his way. Yul would give in all the time. He felt like he had done wrong to his son for leaving his mother. They could be a happy family but he just couldn’t. So spending time like this with him was all Yul could do as a father. He wanted Yoong to feel complete.

*

“Yoongiee!”

The little one was toddling on his feet. He held on to his mother’s fingers tightly as he slowly made his way to Yul. His father was watching proudly as he urged his son to come forward.

The little boy took one step at a time; slowly and gingerly. His parents were always there to watch him making his first time. Taeyeon was holding on to him tightly when suddenly Yoong let go.

“Yoongie!”

But to their amazement, Yoongie was standing on his own feet. He was clapping his hands together and cooed cutely.

“Taeyeon, come over here. Let’s try to urge him to make those first few steps.”

The two excited parents stood in front of Yoong; persuading him to walk towards them. The little boy showed determination in his eyes and a wide smile. He then took one step; two steps and then the third step. His parents were amazed.

He made some baby sounds as he raised his hands up. And then he was clapping. Taeyeon quickly grabbed him and hugged her son tightly. She was really proud of him. Yul could only look on with tears in his eyes.

“Yul, Yoongie can walk!”

“Yes he could.”

“Yoongie, you’re such a smart boy!”

The boy smiled showing off his two bunny teeth.

*

“DADDY! WE WON!”

The 7 year old ran towards his father as Yul scooped him arm with a big hug. Yoong took part in the school activities – he was playing soccer for his class.

“Wow, you got gold!”

“Yeah! We beat four teams before becoming the champion!”

The little boy’s expressions were colourful and extremely blissful. Winning to Yoong gave him a sense of satisfaction. He knew Yoong was something like him.

“Daddy, you promise you’ll get me a new game!”

“Of course! Let’s go and buy it now.”

“Okay! Mommy, are you coming along?”

His mother was behind him. She just shook her head and smacked Yul gently on his back.

“You’re spoiling him.”

“Taeyeon, he did a great job. I’m just rewarding him.”

“Mommy, you’re buying me dinner right? Can I choose what to eat?”

“Of course you can.”

“I want Macdonalds!”

“Alright then.”

“YAY!”

Yul laughed as Yoong danced around his mother; holding on to her hands tightly. He then picked Yoong up and put him over his shoulders.

“We will have dinner and then we go shopping. Daddy needs Mommy’s help in decorating my new place.”

“Oh? You just bought a new place?”

“Yeah, and it’s nearer to you. I can just pop over whenever I wanna visit Yoong.”

Taeyeon smiled widely.

“Thanks Yul.”

“Hm?”

“Thank you so much for making an effort to make Yoong’s life complete.”

Yul pulled her and their son into his embrace. He hugged them tightly.

*

“Darling?”

Yul turned to find Taeyeon looking at him.

“What are you doing here?”

“I heard noises from outside.”

“I’m sorry; I was just watching our old videos.”

“I know. I was watching them too just now.”

“Why didn’t you call out for me?”

Yul went over to his wife and hugged her from the back. He kissed her nape of her neck before resting his chin on her shoulder.

“You miss Yoong, aren’t you?”

Taeyeon nodded.

“You’re worried too, right?”

“Yoong left Jessica and his son alone.”

“He must have regretted the things he did to Tiffany.”

“But he shouldn’t be running away. He should face reality.”

Yul tightened his grip around his wife.

“Maybe Yoong will return one day when he wakes up.”

“But when will he do that? He used to be a confident young man but now he’s like a fugitive; running away from all his mistakes.”

Yul shook his head. He turned Taeyeon around before resting his forehead against hers.

“I trust him, Taeyeon.”

His wife stared loving into his eyes.

“I trust Yoong will come back and try to make amends.”

“You believe in him, Yul?”

Yul nodded his head confidently.

*

Yoong was waiting for Kris and Chanyeol at the shopping mall. The two boys were planning to buy something. He parked his car outside.

Just then, he saw the twins running after another boy. He was wondering what he was going on. He decided to go after them. He was limping but he was trying to catch up with them. The boys were behind the shopping mall. They finally stopped and Yoong was hiding behind the pillar.

“I finally got you!”

“What do you want?”

“I told you that you’ll die if I see you alone, didn’t I?”

“Kill me then.”

Kris kicked the boy; aiming at his stomach. The boy crouched down. Kris then punched him in the face. The boy didn’t fight back. Yoong was getting worried.

“Get up!”

The boy didn’t respond.

“I said get up!”

Kris kicked him again. The boy groaned. Chanyeol was panicking. He grabbed his brother’s arms.

“Hyung! Let’s not do this. You just said we should scare him.”

“SHUT UP! Why are you so afraid?!”

“We just celebrated our birthdays together. Our parents made efforts to know you. You shouldn’t be doing this. It will break their hearts.”

“If you want to be the good son, then you go ahead. I must teach this guy a lesson.”

Kris grabbed a fistful of the boy’s hair and pulled him up. His nose was bleeding and he was coughing blood. His eyes were closed.

“I hate your guts.”

“I don’t really care.”

“Will you give Krystal up?”

Yoong was frowning away. But the boy was unperturbed. He went on to challenge Kris.

“I have a question to ask. Do you like Krystal Kwon too?”

Yoong was stunned.

“What?”

“You’re taking revenge for Chanyeol or you have eyes for her as well?”

Kris’s face changed. The other boy was already smirking away.  Kris punched the boy’s stomach. Yoong was about to stop them when he heard Chanyeol’s words.

“Ya! Do not provoke my brother! He will kill you!”

“I’m not afraid of him. Why are you scared of him?”

“I respect him as my brother.”

“He likes Krystal too.”

“I know.”

“Chanyeol!”

“Hyung, I know you like Krystal too.”

“I’ll give up on her for you.”

“What’s the point? Krystal likes him.”

Yoong held his breath.

“You’re going to give up just like that?”

“You cannot force love on her, Hyung!”

“I’ll deal with Kai Kwon first then I’ll deal with you.”

Yoong’s eyes widen.

Kai Kwon?

That’s his son’s name.

Is that really Kai?

“Kai Kwon Jong In, pray that you can still live after today.”

Kris was already taking out his knife pocket. Yoong was stunned.

That boy is his other child – his son with Jessica.

*

To be continued....