Interesting

More Than Just the New Boy
Edited?
 
[x] No \ [] Yes

                The next couple of days progressed much the same. I would focus more on school than anything else, counting the days until I would finally be free from the confines of the four walls of the classrooms, and also hanging out with my friends as much as possible, enjoying the final year of high school. I would only see Xiumin once in a while and obviously in math class, but he never spoke to anyone. Or at least I never saw him speak to anyone. I would watch him from time to time in genuine curiosity as I sat behind him in math. His back was broad, his shoulders well defined; you could tell he was fit and healthy. His hair looked as soft as the fluffiest of pillows, the brown colour reminding me of swirled chocolate ice cream. Sometimes, I would even imagine my fingers running through those perfectly messed up locks of hair, but the thought never stayed as I would usually dismiss the idea and go back to my work.
 
                “So,” Kai said as we walked down the crowded halls just after lunch, “I talked to that new kid you’ve been so interested about.” He had his hands clasped behind his head and was staring straight ahead, as if this was a conversation about the weather. I looked up at Kai for a brief moment before staring straight ahead. When had he spoken to him?
 
                “Oh, did you?” I asked, tightening my grip on the blue binder I held against my chest. I tried my best to sound nonchalant about this entire subject, but the curiosity was growing with each passing second as to what him and Xiumin talked about.
 
                “Yeah, he’s pretty…” He paused, tapping his finger as if to search for the right adjective to describe the boy, “Interesting.” I looked up at Kai with a perplexed face. Interesting was the only way to describe him? I voiced this question and he only shrugged his shoulders before tapping my head, letting me enter our history class first.
 
                Kai didn’t say anything about his conversation with the new kid nor did I bring it up, but I couldn’t stand the curiosity of what they had talked about that would bring him to think he was interesting. Kai rarely found anyone interesting – they were all just normal to him – and nothing really surprised him so him saying that someone was out of this world and worth being around was very unusual. I huffed and scribbled more notes onto my paper before the teacher could switch to the next slide of his presentation, and a folded up piece of paper landed on my desk. I looked beside me to see Kai staring at me. Opening up the paper it read,
 
                ‘He asked about you, you know?’
 
                My jaw dropped slightly and I looked back at Kai who nodded his head frantically. Xiumin asked about me? But why would he? I wasn’t that interesting or anything and he hasn’t even spoken to me. If he wanted to get to know me he could simply just ask me.
 
                ‘What did he say?’ I tossed it back to Kai’s desk.
 
                ‘Nothing of importance; just who you generally were. I called you a potato (:
 
                I wanted to rip his head off because of this. A potato, really? The bell rang before I could write profanities to him and I shoved the note into my binder, watching as Kai skipped out of the classroom before I could introduce him to my glorious fist. I sauntered out of class to my next, nearly falling asleep because of boredom; no one was in this class with me. However, Kai’s ‘nothing of importance’ really annoyed me. Of course what he said was important – well to me it was – he was talking about me and I really wanted to know what it was. I’m not that kind of girl that worried about what other people said about me, I really didn’t care because I know who I am, but for some reason, what he thought about me mattered. I groaned quietly into my arms, I am so confused with myself right now.
 
                “Are we walking home together?” I was at my locker grabbing my math books when Kris came up behind me. When I couldn’t reach my math text book, he reached over and grabbed it for me.
 
                “Uh,” I said closing my locker, “I was going to the library to study and finish up some homework.” I slung my backpack over my shoulder and looked up to see a pout on his lips as he shoved his hands into his front jean pockets.
 
                “Want me to go with you?”
 
                I shook my head and tiptoed up to pinch his cheek, telling his to go home first and that I’d call him later. He, of course, walked me to the library before walking down the hall and out the front doors of the school. I sighed; Kris had been my best friend since I still had all my baby teeth. We had met in one of the most unusual ways though. It had been a typical day at the pre-school and we were playing with giant plastic blocks that were almost the same height as me. I remembered trying to lift one up, and when it was a few inches off the ground I had fallen over and my leg got squished underneath it. I had cried, screaming bloody murder when the tallest three year old I had ever seen walked over, patted my head and lifted the block with one hand. At snack time he gave me half of his saying that I needed more food to heal faster. Ever since that day he’s, not only been my hero from mega giant building blocks, but he’s been my best friend.
 
                I sat in an uncomfortable red plastic chair at the furthest part of the library and set my things out on the wooden table. A couple of people were scattered here and there throughout the library and it was completely silent except for the occasional clacking of the keyboard as someone typed, or the typical sneeze or cough; the perfect studying atmosphere really. And that’s what I did for about a half an hour, solving equations and making sure I understood the concept of what was actually happening with said numbers. After a couple more minutes of writing out equation after equation, I laid my head down on the table and took a deep breath, dropping my pencil to rub my hands over my face. When I sat back up I heard the doors to the library squeak open, and when I looked towards the ugly yellow doors, I wished that I hadn’t, because standing there, looking like a lost little puppy, was the new boy.
 

Author's Note~
 
Hello everyone, how is everyone~? 
Sorry this hasn't been updated, this is only the second chapter, and it's a shoooooooooort update. The next one will be a lot longer because there's more detail and other creativness thoughts stuffs that needs to go in it because it's the first real- NO SPOILERS OMG YOU TRIED. I LIKE YOU BECAUSE YOU TRIED.
Actually, if you read the oneshot -cough- -cough- then you'll kind of know what's going to happen really, but this will be more lengthy and have extra details and all that cool stuff :D
Oh, before I forget; thank you to everyone that has subscribed so far even though there was a lack of update, you are all awesome people and I hope your dreams come true c:
 
So I hope you liked this chapter, and until the next update,