It's Normal, Right?

More Than Just the New Boy
Edited?
 
[] No \ [x] Yes

               I yawned as I walked down the street, the cool October morning air brushing through my hair causing it to go in front of my face every now and again. I puffed out my cheeks and shoved my hands into my coat pockets, giving up on tucking the stray pieces of hair behind my ears and focused on trying to keep my fingers from freezing off. I was never a morning person – or a waking up person in general – so I was feeling slightly grouchy and when a couple elementary school kids bumped into me, I scowled at them before continuing the seven minute walk to school.
 
                I approached the school gates, stifling a yawn in the depths of my black woolen scarf and made my way up the front steps to the large double doors. I was hit with warmness and finally let my hands out of their captivity and fixed my messy hair. As I made my way through the crowded halls towards my locker, several people that were in my classes nodded their head in acknowledgment, or gave a slight wave of the hand. I smiled all the way before my locker came into view, my friends crowding around it.
 
                “And the princess has arrived!” exclaimed an overly excited Chanyeol when he spotted me, causing everyone in the group to turn.
 
                I smiled, bouncing over to them, “morning everyone!” Seeing my friends always brightened up my mood no matter what was going on. They all said their good mornings as I turned my lock to the right numbers and popped open my locker. Being as short as I was, and with everyone else being so tall and surrounding me in a semi-circle, I was almost completely hidden from anyone coming down the hall. Not that I hated being short, it was just—
 
              “There’s the little monster,” my thoughts were cut short by a voice I had come all too accustomed to over the years, “I was about to send out a search party!” Kris walked into the circle that the others had formed and came up behind me, lifting me up off the ground by my waist. Kris and I had been best friends since pre-school and he was one of my closest friends.
 
                I shrieked, my backpack dropping from my hands, “Jesus Kris,” I said turning my head to the side so I could see his face, “what do you think you’re doing, you could’ve given me a heart attack!” Everyone laughed and the extremely tall boy finally put me back on the ground ruffling my hair.
 
                “Hurry up Penny, class starts in ten,” Kris said, pulling up the sleeve of his sweatshirt to look at his wrist where a watch should have been. I huffed, bangs blowing up in the air as I grabbed the things I would need for my two morning classes before shutting my locker.
 
              After a lively conversation and catching up on what everyone did during the weekend we split up, heading to class. When Kris and I reached the math room it was empty so we took the desks all the way in the back corner; me next to the window and Kris beside me. Students began filing into the class after the warning bell rang, the teacher soon following carrying his briefcase. As per usual, the class was noisy and it took Mr. Hong several minutes for the class to settle before he finally started to speak.
 
                 “Good morning class,” he said, pushing his glasses up his nose, “we will be having a new student joining us.” He sounded overly excited, like this was the best thing to ever happen besides Kris finally getting a decent mark on one of our worksheets.
 
                The entire room erupted in loud whispers, especially the girls in the front row who were asking one another if it was a boy or a girl, and if it were a boy, would he be hot. I rolled my eyes at them. Typical Barbie dolls. After yelling at the class to be quiet Mr. Hong finally continued, “I would like you to welcome him,” he stared at all of us sternly as if in warning before walking to the door of the class and opening it, “come in now boy.”
 
                In walked probably the most adorable person I had ever seen in my life. He had the face of a baby, eyes resembling those of a cat and even when he smiled towards the class he had some sharp teeth. He was dressed clad in a pair of dark blue jeans that rode low on his hips, a plain white t-shirt and a red sweater, his hair was styled in the I-just-got-out-of-bed way, and from where I was sitting, his skin looked as flawless as mine. The girls that were sitting in the front were tossing their hair over their shoulders and pushing their chest out, but what I loved about this kid already was that he paid them no attention; instead, his eyes were scanning everything but them.
 
                “Hello everyone,” his voice was deep, something I could probably listen to all the time, “the name’s Kim Min Seok, but I’d like it if you would all call me Xiumin.” He smiled and gave a small wave before Mr. Hong stepped in and averted his attention to signing out a textbook.
 
                I sighed as I stared at him, his back to the rest of the class. I had to admit I was checking him out, but how could you not? It was as if his face was that of a child’s – almost innocent looking – but once you went below the chin, it was more masculine. When he was facing the class, you could see the hint of muscles hiding behind that white shirt of his, and for a brief moment, I wondered what it would have felt like to run my fingers over them. Woah. I shook my head, deciding to look away from the boy that was now walking to the desk in front of Kris’, and focus more on opening my textbook and taking out my notebook.
 
                Before, I had never thought about being with other boys because quite frankly, I wasn’t that interested in relationships. Sure I had had my fair share of crushes once in a blue moon, but I never tried to pursue them and make a move on anyone. However, as I looked up from my notebook, my eyes made their way to the new boy. Even his side profile was cute. He was hunched over his sheet of paper as he wrote something down quickly before sitting up to tap his pencil on the desk lightly as he looked over his work.
 
               A throat cleared beside me and I looked over to see Kris with an eyebrow raised. I mouthed ‘what’ but he just smirked and went back to whatever it was that he was doing. I stuck my tongue out at him before returning to my paper, but somehow I constantly found myself looking at the new boy.
 
                Being even the slightest bit interested in the new kid was completely normal. Wasn’t it?

Author's Note~
 
Budum~ Sorry for this being really short, but it was more or less just a really... small introduction (:
 
 
I want to give a super huge, gigantic, mega-super-awesome thank you to those who have subscribed so far and you really made my day. And you guys are awesome. Everyone's awesome.
 
 
So I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did writing it, and I'll probably update again tomorrow if I finish my assignment for school soon enough. I'm bad with making a schedule for myself OnO 
 
I would also reall appreciate your feedback on what you think because it's difficult for me to judge my own writing, so until we see each other in the next update,