Three Words: I Hate Everything

More Than Just the New Boy
Edited?
 
[x] No \ [] Yes

                You know that feeling you get when you’re in a bad situation and something inside you tells you that you need to get the hell away? Yeah, well that was the feeling that was going through me at the moment and I took no time in listening to it. I gathered all my books into my arms, slung my jacket over top of my books and threw my bag over my shoulder, all while he was making his way towards me. I didn’t even look at the poor boy who had a sad look on his face as I rushed past him, nor did I look back to see the damage I had done to his poor spirit.

 
                When I had rounded the block and the cold October air finally bit at me, I stopped my power walk to drop my things onto the cold cement. I heaved a breath of the chilling air and put on my warm jacket, welcoming the warmth it provided like a mothers warm embrace, and shoved my books into my bag. I began my trek home once more, plugging in my earphones to drown out the shouts and loud laughter from the elementary students that ran every which way around me.
 
                It wasn’t long until I reached home; the lights in the living room glowed signalling that my mother was home from work early. I unlocked the door and was welcomed by the scent of my moms’ famous homemade cookies and after taking my shoes off and hanging my coat up, I followed the scent to the kitchen.
 
                “You’re back from work early,” I said as I walked over the counter where a plate of about two dozen cookies sat.
 
                “Yes, well when I found out we had neighbours that just moved in I needed to make a welcoming gift.” She looked over at me and smiled, “I believe your father is over there already.”
 
                My parents were very well known around the neighbourhood and regularly chatted with everyone on the street. Mom and dad were the kind of people that were nice to everyone and their auras just captivated you and drew you in. My dad had shaggy brown hair and warm brown eyes that reminded you of coffee beans, and my mom had dirty blond hair with sparkling hazel eyes that were so full of life. Both my parents were attractive – according to every young adult and teenager that I’ve talked to – and both had the personalities of the angels above. I sometimes wondered where I came from because I wasn’t exactly like them all the time and I certainly didn’t look like them all that much, but my mom scolded me and told me that I was most definitely their birth child and they had a video evidence to prove it. Video evidence I have yet to see of course.
 
                “You wouldn’t mind taking these cookies over there, would you dear?” My mom broke me from my thoughts and when I looked at her, she had a hopeful smile, “I made extra for when you come back,” she bribed which worked.
 
                “Alright fine,” I muttered walking over to the front door to put my jacket on again.
 
                Just when I was about to close the front door my mother yelled after me, “And be nice to their son, I think he’s about your age!” I rolled my eyes. How perfect.
 
                Since it was autumn now the sun was starting to set earlier, signaling that summer was gone and it was only going to get colder from here, that days would be shorter and the darkness would last longer. This was certainly true because it was only about 5:30 and the sun was already peeking from behind the houses across the street; the sky a light pink meaning tomorrow would be a great day.
 
                The houses on our street were a bit of a walk away; maybe about a minute and half since this was a more rich area even though most people that lived here were middle class citizens, so and even though the walk was short, I became colder with each passing second, even in my winter jacket. I blew out a breath, watching the condensation float away from me, my fingers becoming numb as I held the plate. This wasn’t normal for October weather; I should at least be wearing a warm fuzzy sweater but apparently we skipped that stage, I wouldn’t be surprised if it began to snow at this point. I saw our neighbours’ house and smiled, hoping I could skip conversation and just hand them the cookies so I could jog back to my house where I would be all warm and cozy. I walked up their front steps and knocked on the door, rolling back on my heels and supressed a shiver. The door opened to reveal a middle aged woman with her hair tied back in a ponytail.
 
                “Hello dear,” she greeted, her voice cheery, “What brings you here?”
 
                I presented her the plate of cookies and smiled, “Hello, I live over in house 272 and I am here to present this delicious plate of cookies as a welcome to our neighbourhood.” My mother had made me recite this over and over and by now, I had perfected the fake smile and happy smile. She must have bought it because her smile became brighter as she took the plate.
 
                “Oh you must be So Hee’s daughter,” she said as she examined the chocolate chip cookies, “She told me about you earlier when she came to greet us.” I was about to respond when I saw her eyes drift behind me. I cocked an eyebrow; wasn’t that a rude thing to do when you’re having a conversation with someone? I was going to tell her off but her loud voice cut me off.
 
                “Min Seok,” she greeted her face becoming contorted in affection, “Welcome home!”
 
                I felt a body come up behind me and I closed my eyes, chanting in my head, ‘it is not him, it is not him.’
 
                “Hey mom,” his voice was so deep that I could feel the vibrations through the wood of the front porch and I suppressed a groan of annoyance, “Oh, hey Penelope.” He acknowledged my existence as if it was an afterthought and this time I didn’t hold back on the groan.
 
                “Oh my, have you two met?” His mother asked as she eyed the two of us.
 
                “Unfortunately,” I muttered while he happily replied, “Of course.” I really wanted to head back right now so I waved to the lady that I didn’t yet know the name of, and ignored Xiumin. “Well, I better get going,” I said, slowly turning and walking around Xiumin, “My mom has dinner waiting and I don’t want it to get cold.” Xiumin’s mom shooed me away, saying that I needed to eat and she too had dinner waiting on the table.
 
                Just as I made it to the sidewalk and had walked approximately seventeen steps away from their house, his deep voice called after me, “See you tomorrow!”
 
                I groaned. Maybe if I came outside in my bathing suit tonight and drenched myself with the hose I would get sick and not have to go to school for the rest of the week. Isn’t it nice to dream? 

Author's Note
 
ZubZubZubZub. Hello my beautiful readers~!
This chapter to me was kinda meh, but I posted it up anyway and don't be alarmed if I come back in a couple days and change and/or add some stuff.
I really don't know what else to put in this author's note other than I hope you enjoyed this lame chapter (:
So until the next update;