Chapter 7

Almost Is Never Enough

Chapter 7

I completely ignored Devon for a few weeks. I cut him off every time he tried to tell me something or tell me good news that he was left off with a warning. I rolled my eyes a couple of time when he said that he changed, but I didn't see any change at all. In class, he still caused explosions and he still had anger issues, acting if everything was going to be alright. 

 
The school did change though, students weren't so cautious around Devon anymore and they actually talked to him, which I didn't get at all. 
 
Most of the my time, I hanged out with Marissa and she seemed happy that I didn't talk or look at him at all. I also started to hang out with the new girl, Sabrina Hathaway. She was the most girly out of Marissa and I. She liked going shopping, spas, and used the term "Lol." A lot, but we didn't mind. 
 
Sabrina had long blonde hair, running down to her waist like mines and had big blue eyes. She was a happy person and always though positive unless you got on her bad side, which we saw one time and didn't want it to happen to us at all. Sabrina had the powers to turn invisible, charm speak (which she wasn't very good at) and smartness.
 
I went to school, did my homework, hang out with my friends, and ignored Devon. This was my life most of the time it it soon became boring. One day at lunch, my schedule changed permanently. 
 
Sabrina, Marissa, and I walked into the cafeteria. Sabrina had her cute blonde hair into two pigtails today and wore a purple shirt with some shorts. While Marissa had her hair up in a ponytail and wore a bat wing shirt, that was black and had a hint of dark blue. While I kept my hair down, wore a reddish primary shirt with skinny jeans with black converse. 
 
As the schedule we followed, I would find us a table if it was crowded which it was while they get their lunch and mines. I chose a table in the middle of the cafeteria. I sat their quietly to myself and humming. It only took a few minutes before the came back with our food. 
 
I sat there to myself, eating my pizza, and listening to their conversations. All they talked about was now the upcoming winter ball. Marissa earlier was complaining how much it wouldn't be fun, and now excited for it since she was asked out by Markus. The sportiest person on earth. (Also consider the hottest.) Sabrina, was the most excited out of all of us, obviously. She had a date and kept on saying that we could all go shopping to get a dress together.
 
I felt the loneliest, the third wheel. I didn't have a date and neither was I interested in the winter ball. 
 
The cafeteria became silent for awhile and became loud again. Devon enter the cafeteria and started to head towards his now crowded table of new obnoxious friends. He stopped mid-way and saw me and gave a sly smile. The same routine as always.
 
He sat down and started whispering something to his friends while looking at me. I spun my head around back to Sabrina and Marissa. I never understood him at all. 
 
"I'm going to go back, okay." I said, trying to overpower the loudness in the cafeteria. Marissa looked at me and gave a small nod, trying to do so while listening to Sabrina. I threw away my trash, this time without during telekinesis for I couldn't concentrate with all this noise.
 
I just had two more class after lunch. One of them with Sabrina, Devon, and Marissa. The last with just Marissa, which was my favorite period. I had so much time to get ready for my next class anyway, about 15 minutes. I walked past his table quickly without looking at Devon, as I walked out of the cafeteria. 
 
I walked in the hallway by myself as I headed towards my locker. The only footsteps you could hear were my owns and another. I turned around and saw Devon. I turned back  around and stopped when I reached my locker, with Devon beside me.
 
"Can you leave me alone for one freaking day?" I muttered under my breath. 
 
"You're real funny, Arya." He said softly, his breath on my neck. 
 
"You wish." I said, opening my lock with my combination making sure he wasn't looking. 
 
"So now you're talking to me." He chuckled. I opened my lock and grab my books out for the last classes I needed. 
 
"No, I'm still mad at you." I said, reaching for my books then pulling them out closing the locker after. 
 
I heard no more from Devon, so I suggest he was gone. I turn to walk to my next class, but instead I was face to face with him. My lips were about 3 inches away from him. His arms on the locker and his eyes gazing down at me.
 
"Get out of my way." I whispered. I looked down not making eye contact with him. 
 
"Make me goodie two shoes." He whispered back to me. I looked Devon in his eyes. His mysterious dark purple eyes.
 
"I've already proved I can hurt you. I can hurt you again." 
 
"Probably not in school goodie two shoes." Devon murmured under his breath.
 
"What do you want from me? And stop calling my goodie two shoes." I said trying to push myself out of his gaze, but he was so tense and wouldn't let me. 
 
"Make me."
 
"You ignored my first question." 
 
"So."
 
"What do you mean so what?" I hissed. 
 
"Nothing." 
 
I looked at him and we stood there, speechless for a few seconds. Devon was so freaking close to me and I wanted to punch him in the guts, but I didn't. The beautiful scent of ocean breezes and flowers was sensational, and made me want to stay here forever.
 
"Can you get off me now?" I said, a small smile on my face. 
 
He just looked at me for a few moments then got out of my way, leaving a oath for me to walk to class. 
 
"Thank you." I said in a sing song voice. I walked away from him but then stopped, "Wanna walk with me?" 
 
He shrugged and caught up with to walk me to my next class. As we did I lightly punched him in the stomach, "That's for getting in my way." 
 
He held his stomach but kept on walking, "Even." 
 
"Even." I said agreeing. We walked to the next class just in time for the bell to ring.
 
The rest of the school day went fast and thankfully, for I wanted to hang out with him some more, but for me I felt liked maybe it was maybe even more.
 
 
 
 
 
 
(Sorry for the short chapter.)