The Banquet

Waking Up in Vegas

Days have past, Tiffany felt that something has changed. It was one day when she was getting ready for a pictorial, she overheard a stylist telling a staff that she saw Kyuhyun and Loura together a couple of times lately in different places. 

"So he's been busy dating." Tiffany thought.

Few days after, Tiffany woke up and saw Kyuhyun eating breakfast. He informed her that his parents are inviting them over for dinner. After their work, they met in their home and went together. While Kyuhyun was driving, Tiffany asked about Loura and their relationship. She told him about how he was seen with Loura a couple of times and reminded him to be careful and asked, "Does she know about us?" She noticed that his mood changed. He answered back, "Nothing's to talk about. She doesn't need to know and it wouldn't really affect anything since we just got married by accident." She reasoned that she just looking after their situation and doesn't want to be exposed that's why she asked him about it. He quickly said, "It has nothing to do with you." She was shocked that he was treating her coldly.

Kyuhyun's mom noticed how Tiffany was silent during their visit.

"Omo~ Are you okay? You're very silent today."

"Aniyo eomma, just came from a tiring practice."

"Here, I bought you vitamins. Don't forget to drink it with Kyu everyday okay?!"

"Okay eomma."

On the way home, Kyu suddenly got a call. After hanging up, he said to Tiffany,

"I don't know how I should say this but I have to go somewhere. It's urgent. Can I just drop you off somewhere near?"

"Wae?! Who's that? Where are you going?"

"I'll tell you next time."

"Is that really urgent?!"

"Yes. That's why I'm asking you if I can just drop you somewhere."

"You're so rude. Was that her?! Are you going on another date?! You're going to ditch me, you're wife?!?"

"Just in papers."

Tiffany got her bag, stepped out of the car and walked away briskly. She didn't know where to go so she just walked until she felt better. Suddenly, it started to rain so she went inside a pastry shop. She was drinking coffee when suddenly, someone tapped her shoulders. Then she realized she was in Eunhyuk's parents' pastry shop.

"Oh! Eunhyuk oppa!"

"Fany-ah, what are you doing here?"

"Nothing, I was walking around when it suddenly rained."

"Ya! You shouldn't walk around here especially it's night time."

"It's not like that. I came from Cho residence for dinner. What are you doing here?"

"I was just helping around here. Mom went home early. Why isn't Kyu with you?"

"Ahh he needs to be somewhere."

"Donghae would be arriving in few minutes, do you want to ride with us home?"

"Ohh arasseo. Thanks oppa!"

Donghae arrived at the shop to pick them up. He decided to treat them at his newly-opened shop, Grill5 Taco.

"Gomawoyo oppa! I love Mexican food!"

"I know. Me too!" said Donghae

The three of them stayed for a while and talked for hours.

After meeting with Loura, Kyuhyun went home and found out that Tiffany hasn't arrived yet so he called Taeyeon.

"Taengoo, by any chance, is Fany with you?"

"Oppa, no, why? I'm here at the dorm. She isn't here."

"Okay. Thanks! Bye~"

"Where could she be?!" he thought.

He went out and drove to the spot where he dropped her off. He stepped out of his car and ran around while looking for her despite the rain.

When he realized that he has no luck in finding her, he went home instead and went to his room. Few minutes later, he heard her enter the door then her bedroom.

The next morning, before eating breakfast, Tiffany was doing yoga in her room when her phone rang. It was Sungmin.

"Oh oppa, good morning!"

"Good morning Fany~ I would just like to ask if you know where Kyu is. He isn't picking up his phone."

"Let me check. Just a sec."

She knocked but no one was answering. She tried to open the door and realized that it wasn't locked. She saw Kyu still sleeping. She hated that she had to talk to him first after what happened last night so she tried to wake him up from a distance but he wasn't responding. She got closer and saw that he was very pale. She touched his forehead and found out that he has a high fever. 

She immediately informed Sungmin that Kyu can't meet them and grabbed a basin with water. She tried to lower his temperature by placing a cloth on his forehead repeatedly. She stayed by his side the whole day to take care of him. When his fever went down, she felt relieved but at the same time she also felt exhausted since she hasn't eaten the whole day. She felt tired and fell asleep.

When Kyuhyun opened his eyes, he felt a cloth in his forehead. He looked around and saw Tiffany sleeping by his side.

"Mianhae Fany." he said while she was sleeping.

When Tiffany opened her eyes, she noticed that he was holding her hand. She checked his temperature and noticed that it has greatly improved so she tried to remove his hand to get out of the room but his grip was very strong. She didn't know what to do. After a while, she fell asleep again.

Kyuhyun woke up for the second time and went to the bathroom. While he was gone, his phone rang. Tiffany woke up because of the sound of the phone and unconsciously answered it.

"Yeoboseyo? who's this?"

"Loura-ieyo. Who's this?"

Her eyes opened widely and she panicked so she ended the call right away.