The Other Girl

Waking Up in Vegas

On the phone:
Kyuhyun: Hello?

 

Atty. Lee: Hello! Good morning! I was wondering if you already received the envelope as I didn't receive any calls from the two of you. I know I sent the documents earlier than the given a 3-month probationary period but you can sign it early anyways and I'll start to process it once the period is over.
 

Kyuhyun: Ahh yes. Sorry, I forgot to call you. Anyways, I got it. Tiffany's out of the country. We'll get back to you once we've talk about it.
 

Atty. Lee: Alright.
 

Kyuhyun: Thank you!
(end conversation)

 

It's been a week since Kyuhyun got the envelope. It contains the divorce papers. He wasn't really sure how he would tell Tiffany. They still have to talk about what happened back at the airport before they separated so he hid the envelope in his room.
 

Tiffany went home excitedly only to find out that Loura was there too. Kyuhyun has been planning to break up with her. She could only look at Kyuhyun who feels sorry for Loura's presence. When Loura left, Kyuhyun wanted to talk to Tiffany. She sensed that it was about the time they were in the airport so she said, "Oppa, don't worry. I know you still like her. I won't tell anyone what happened back then. It's alright, you don't have to worry everytime she's here. Let's pretend nothing happened." Then she left. "What?!" Kyuhyun thought to himself. He just didn't know how to break it to Loura gently after all of her efforts in getting on a plane from China back and forth numerous times and almost being a Korean herself while immensing on his culture just to be with him.
 

One day, Kyuhyun and Loura were alone in the house when someone rang the doorbell. he peeked through the peephole and saw his mother. He panicked and brought Loura to his room then went to the door to let his mother in.
 

"Omo. Why do you seem so shocked son?" asked his worried mother. "It's nothing. I was just not expecting anyone to drop by today. Anyway, what brings you here eomma?" "Oh. I was hoping I could see Tiffany today." "Oh really? She's out. I'm sorry. I wish we could hangout mother but I really need to be preparing to go somewhere else." "Alright. Take care son."
 

Loura sat on his bed. It was the first time that she has entered his room. Then she wandered around and looked at his desk and some of the letters he got from his fans. Then she spotted a brown envelope with a different size among the others so she opened it and saw their divorce papers. She felt a little giddy inside and kept smiling.
 

Days have past, she has expected to hear from Kyuhyun that they have already settled their divorce but she felt more and more disappointed as the days go by. So she contacted Tiffany and asked her a favor. She told her that she would prepare a surprise dinner for Kyuhyun. Tiffany was really hesitant to help her enter the house but still gave in to her request. 
 

When they got inside the house, Tiffany went immediately to her room. Loura got the chance to enter his room and take the envelope. When Tiffany went out, she found Loura sitting on the couch.
 

"I thought you were going to prepare dinner for Kyuhyun?! Do you not have the ingredients you need?" she asked.
 

"Actually Tiffany, I came here for you. I was really hesitant to do this but we had no choice. Kyuhyun doesn't know how to bring this up and talk you into signing this so he asked me to do it instead."
 

Tiffany opened the envelope and was surprised to see the divorce papers. She was speechless. Then Loura said, "I'm sorry that he can't talk to you personally about it. He tried for some time now but he really can't. I better leave you first."
 

It was almost midnight when Kyuhyun entered the door, he found Tiffany sitting alone in the couch waiting for him with a few bags beside her. Then he saw the brown envelope on the coffee table. He became speechless.
"What's the matter with you?! You've been hiding this from me for a while. Do you really not stand being married to me that you even ask her instead to have me sign this?!? Here!" She slapped him with the envelope and took her bags. He became so caught up in the moment, he didn't know what to say.

 

The next morning, Loura went back to check on them. She tried to open the door and found out it wasn't locked. She found Kyuhyun drinking. While approaching him, she could see that Tiffany's room has been almost emptied. Most of her stuff are already gone.
 

"Oppa..."
 

"She signed it."
 

"Oh... Really?"
 

"Yes. Are you happy now?!"
 

"Ohh this is what we've been waiting for a long time right?! Why are you being like this?!?"
 

"Why do you even have to meddle. This is between me and Tiffany. You have no right to interfere!"
 

"Is that really the reason why you are like this?! I did this for us!"
 

"For us?! You did this for yourself."
 

"Oh so now, it's just me. At least I'm sure where I stand. How about you?! You prolong being married to her and yet you are still with me. You're just keeping her miserable with you. She's like a safety net. That poor Tiffany, doomed from the start. I know it's me, it has always been me. So you better get yourself back together so that we could forget this married part of you and move on."
 

"You're so full of yourself. You don't even notice what's really happening here. I wanted you to realize on your own that there's nothing between us. You just keep on forcing yourself everytime."
 

"What?! What did you say?!"
 

"For me, there's nothing. It's over. We're over."
 

"Why are you doing this to me? Do you like her?"
 

"You better leave. It's over. I don't want you to be around me." 
 

"You didn't even answer me! You like her don't you?!"
 

"I said leave!" he dragged her out and locked the door.
 

Loura sat alone in a cafe so distraught. She couldn't believe that Kyuhyun already ended their relationship. She took the picture of Kyuhyun and Tiffany out then she started to go through her things and emptied her bag on the table. She found a marker and destroyed the picture. She crumpled it then threw it in her bag again. She wasn't aware that a group of people recognized her. When she left they went to her table and found a piece of paper that she left. It was a pamphlet from the Chapel of Flowers. They took it and searched for it online.

They found out what it was and were curious why she was bringing around a paper from Vegas. "Maybe she got married with Kyuhyun in Vegas!!!" They got so shocked and wanted to search for more information. Suddenly, one remembered, "Hey, marriage records at Vegas are public documents. We can search it online." They typed her name 'Lou Yi Xiao' but the database displayed 0 results. They were disappointed. Then someone suggested, "Should we still try searching Kyuhyun?" They typed 'Cho Kyuhyun' and pressed search. Suddenly a window popped up and showed 1 result.
 

DATE ISSUED/FILED: SEPTEMBER 16, 2013 2:05:00 AM
 

NAME: CHO KYUHYUN
 

ROLE: GROOM
 

OTHER NAME: HWANG STEPHANIE
 

OTHER ROLE: BRIDE