and giant bunnies.

Between Dreams and a Happier Place.

chapter nine; and giant bunnies.

Arcades. Who knew that they could be so fun?

At least that's what Minah thought went she was dragged to one with a very strange Taehyung who was being all whiny and persistent, going on about winning prizes.

"Do you want a try of that?" he asked excitedly, pointing towards the toy grab machine.

"Most of those things are rigged. The chances of winning are probably one to a million," Minah said.

"Then there's still a chance, right?" Taehyung said, pulling her towards the contraption.

 

He swiped the game acard and the joystick lit up. He took it seriously and carefully directed the grapple to a stuffed toy, pressing the red button.

For a second, it seemed like he was actually going to win one but the second the grapple rose, the toy fell from its grasp.

Taehyung stared at it in frustration. "I'm going to try again."

Several attempts later, it was clear that he wasn't going to get one.

"Minah," Taehyung complained. "The machine is being mean to Taetae," he pouted cutely, holding the game card out to her.

She laughed and took an attempt at it. Not even trying, she set the grapple above a stuffed lion and watched as it was successfully lifted into the air and dropped into the prize shoot.

Taehyung watched her wide-eyed as she retrieved the prize.

"It wasn't so hard," she said, holding it up into the air. She compared it to Taehyung and laughed, "It looks exactly like you."

"No it doesn't. It clearly looks like a lion," he pouted again. The expression on his face made the resemblance even clearer.

He took the lion from her and looked at it closely. "I don't see anything that makes us the same."

Minah got out a camera and took a picture. She waited for the film to process before showing it to him. "There, are you sure there isn't any resemblance? Nothing at all?" she laughed, shoving it in his face. "Just look at that fluffy hair and adorable expression on the both of you. In fact, I might just call you lion Tae from now on."

"Fine, you win," he said, sticking his tongue out at the girl. "Let's go over to the photo booth if you like taking pictures so much."

Minah rolled her eyes, "I swear you have the mental maturity of a child."

"It's more fun being a child than a boring adult," he laughed, pulling her over to them.

They put the coins in and a selection screen showed up with a bunch of options and styles. Minah opted for the simplest one and a countdown timer began.

For their first image, they both posed naturally, holding out v signs.

In the second, things started to get a little comical as Minah pretended to strangle Taehyung and he made a choking face.

The third had them being all pretend lovey dovey and making kissy faces at each other.

In the fourth, they were cracking up in laughter and in the fifth, Taehyung had his arm around Minah's shoulder and they were both happily looking into each other's eyes.

They laughed at the ridiculous photos being printed out of the machine.

 

"Come on, let's shoot some hoops," he yelled, dragging her towards the basketball games.

 

They both played until they didn’t have any more money with them and by then, their arms where overflowing with tickets.

"What are we even going to do with all these?" Minah asked, holding up a handful of the yellow strips of paper.

Taehyung tilted his head in confusion. "We're going to use them all of course!" He took them over to an exchange machine and started stuffing the tickets in.

Minah watched as the neat bundle she made turn into a mess by the lion's handiwork.

"Here, let me do it," she said, bending down to help with the mess.

"You sort out this mess and I'll stuff them in," Taehyung grinned in response. He grabbed the bundles and shoved them in front of her.

 

It took them several minutes but they managed to eventually get the tickets into the machine as a line gathered up behind them. Laughing, the two ran towards the exchange counter and looked at the wide variety of gifts to be swapped. Taehyung pointed to a large bunny rabbit and Minah glared at him.

"Do you want to carry that home by yourself?" she asked. The giant bunny was as large as Taehyung himself and that was pretty big. What about that bear instead?" Minah suggested, pointing to a much smaller bear holding up a heart.

Taehyung shook his head and continued pointing to the bunny while jumping up and down. "I want the bunny! We can call for backups if we can't bring it home!"

Minah knew exactly what he meant by backups and imagined what it would be like if the entire gang arrived just to take help bring back the bunny. Minah was pretty sure that Namjoon would end up tearing a leg off and Taehyung would just pretend to carry it while letting everyone else do the hard work. It wasn't really necessary.

Yet somehow, right after she made her suggestion, that same bunny was being hauled off the shelf by a cheery girl. Minah watched the dangerous exchange with wide eyes.

 

"Taehyung! How are we supposed to bring that massive thing home?" Minah yelled.

Taehyung grinned as he patted her head. "Trust your oppa," he said, trying to move the bunny. He grabbed his phone and sent a text to someone. "That's all the tickets we had. Come one, let's go outside."

"Excuse me, you forgot this!" the girl behind the counter said to them. She held up the lion that Minah caught before and threw it to her.

"Thank you," Minah smiled as she caught it. She looked at it carefully to see if it was damaged but instead, found two bracelets on the lion's arm. She immediately recognised it as the couple bracelets from behind the counter. "I'm sorry, we didn't get these," Minah explained, holding them up.

The girl smiled at her. "That's a gift from us since you're the cutest couple we've seen here for a long time," she said, clasping her hands together happily. "I hope you two stay together for a long time!"

"Oh, we're not a couple," Minah explained to her quickly. "We’re just close friends."
The girl looked at her in confusion, "Are you sure? It's clear that he likes you."

Minah laughed, "He's like that to almost everyone."

"I hope your friendship lasts for a long time then," she responded cheerily.

"Thank you," Minah answered, running back to help Taehyung with the bunny. Surprisingly, he had almost made it outside the door.

 

"So you finally decided to help me, huh?" Taehyung teased. Laughing with him, she put the bracelet around his wrist. He looked at her in confusion.

"It's a gift from the assistant," she smiled. "She thought we were a couple and gave it to us so we might as well wear them," Minah laughed, showing off her own bracelet.

"Should we pretend to be a couple to get more free things then?" Taehyung suggested jokingly. He linked his arm around hers and started dragging her along with the bunny.

"So are you two a couple now?" Jungkook smirked, watching the two of them prance around.

"Shh," Taehyung said with a glint in his eyes. "It's our secret plan to dominate the world by pretending be a couple and charming everyone in sight."

"What a terrible plan, hyung" Jungkook laughed at him. "So what's this emergency you texted us about?" he asked. "I see nothing wrong with you two. Yah, Jimin! There isn't anything wrong with them!" Jungkook shouted out and immediately, the rest of the crew ran out.

"What's this fat thing doing here?" Hoseok asked, poking at the giant bunny. "I'm assuming this is your so called emergency then."

"Yeah," Taehyung laughed, scratching his nape. Jungkook looked at the bracelet around Taehyung's wrist and mentally laughed at his taste. "Turns out that it's too big for me to handle."

"And you expect us to manage it?" Jungkook scoffed.

"Come on, Jungkook. Help me please," Minah said, unleashing her aegyo. Jungkook noticed the same bracelet on her wrist and stared at it confused. "Jungkookie oppa!"

"So you call me oppa when you want something," Jungkook sighed. "Fine."

She smiled at him with a pleased look and went to help take the bunny back home.

 

 


 author's notes: 

important linku: The Sudden but Necessary Disappearance of an Author.

I'm sorry you guys... I disappeared again... I hope some of this makes it up to you. btw I haven't checked it yet since I'm rushing to update this.

[Chapter dedicated to jjongswiifeey -.- happy?]