and shreds of truth.

Between Dreams and a Happier Place.

chapter four; and shreds of truth.

"Crap Eunji what did you just do?!" Minah shouted, trying to gather up the various bows and strips of fabric.

"It wasn't my fault! It just happened to be caught on the door and I was standing on it!" she answered, sweat forming on her forehead.

The girls had made a mess in the room. The dresses were out of place and the skirts had all fallen off the shelves. But worst of all, the dress that Seokjin had favoured most was torn in two. The various bows and ribbons were scattered all over the room. The bottom half of the dress lay attached the door and the other beneath Eunji's feet.

"Well get off it! Come on, we need to get this cleaned up before he suspects anything," Minah urged.

In a flash, the girls had cleared up the entire area. Not a trace of torn material was seen on the floor and miraculously, all the dresses were back on their hooks and inside their plastic bags. All that remained was the precious dress that Seokjin had loved.

Minah picked up the torn shreds of happiness and sighed.

"What should we do?"

Eunji looked around, the large window catching her attention. She quickly pulled open the curtains and jumped out the window.

"The garbage bin!" she yelled, speedily grabbing the clothes and chucked it away.

"There! All done," she grinned, climbing back into the room.

"You sure that will work?" asked Minah, raising her eyebrows.

"He won't suspect a thing," she said cheerfully. "Now let's get you dressed up."

 

Eunji pulled out a decent dress that she had chosen earlier and forced Minah to change into it.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"I'm trying to make you gorgeous," Eunji cheered, pulling Minah's hair back into a long braid.

Minah resisted as she tried to peek into the mirror.

"Nope, not a chance," Eunji said, tightly pulling her friend's hair. "Trust me on this, you will look amazing."

"Yeah right," Minah scoffed, "You dress just like me."

A loud noise made the room tremble. Jungkook had fallen off the couch and his hyungs were surrounding him.

"Kookie? Kookie!" Jimin called out as he continuously jabbed the younger in the stomach.

"Jimin cut it out," Suga said. "You'll make him feel worse."

"Fine then, Hoseok let's attack on three. One. Two."

"THREE!" they yelled together, mercilessly tickling poor Jungkook.

"YAA! STOP IT!" he shouted, struggling to stop his laughing fit.

He wriggled and squirmed around the floor, trying to get away. His hyungs however were relentless and did not stop until Yoongi had saved him.

 

"You guys are acting like a bunch of animals," complained Namjoon. "Sit down."

The younger ones listened to their leader as a large plates of roast chicken and potato salad were put on the dining.

"FOOD!" yelled Hoseok, charging his current beloved. He was just about to reach out when.

"STOP!" yelled Seokjin, "Go wash your hands first."

Everyone groaned and formed a line to the bathroom, wasting previous eating time. As soon as they finished, Hoseok immediately rushed back to the table and sat down.

He impatiently waited for the other members and smiled at Seokjin, thanking him as soon as he sat down.

Seokjin signalled for everyone to start eating. Hoseok reached out again for the chicken. He held it up to his mouth and-

 

"YA!" Eunji burst in yelling, "It's time for our Fashion Show starring~ Our very own, Song Minah!"

She twirled around in her very own dress that she took from the closet, spinning until she was dizzy.

"GO AWAY! Nobody wants you here!" Hoseok yelled angrily. He held up a bread knife threateningly, aiming it towards her.

"HOSEOK PUT THE KNIFE DOWN NOW!" Seokjin yelled.

"Hyung, be nice to Eunji noona," Jungkook said.

Hoseok sat down without a complaint but his eyes were full of rage.

"So let me introduce Miss, and I mean Miss Song Minah's debut as a lady," she exaggerated, making sure everyone had understood the transformation that had taken place.

Everyone clapped enthusiastically, except for Hoseok who just stared longingly at his food. Jimin and Jungkook saw his acting and immediately grabbed his hands, clapping for him.

 

The door peaked open and the boys sat on the edges of their seats.

"Eunji, are you sure this is okay?" Minah whispered nervously.

"I am your best friend Minah, you have nothing to worry about or my name isn't Jung Eunji," she grinned.

"But it isn't Jung Eunji, it's Jung Hyerim."

"Exactly, now move!"

She grabbed Minah's hand and yanked her out from behind the doorway.

Everyone cheered for her with wonder and amazement.

"So? What do you think?" she asked.

"The truth?" asked Jimin.

Minah nodded, anticipating his answer.

"Stay in your shorts and jeans, it's better like that," he said, immediately making her sad.

"Because, if you keep wearing dresses all the time," he added, "I might just fall for you." He winked at his sentence, making Minah smile and shudder at the same time.

"Waah totally my style! Kookie, what do you think?" Seokjin asked, poking his shoulder.

"I think-" he mumbled. No one could hear a word Jungkook said. In fact, he just sat there, blankly staring at his hands.

"Kookie? You think what?" They called out his name again and again but he wouldn't respond.

"Oooh, our Kookie is at a loss for words," teased Yoongi.

"Shuddup," he mumbled.

Minah blushed and went back inside to change, dragging Eunji with her.

 

"Hey at least he wasn't staring at her legs or something," defended Namjoon.

"Unlike you, ert," scolded Jimin.

"Hey! I'm a man unlike you," he responded.

"Hyung, don't use the age thing on me," Jimin whined.

While all his hyungs were busy arguing and enjoying the meal, Jungkook had been deeply into his thoughts. What was this strange feeling that had made his heart pound?

I'm probably just sick, he thought, rubbing his temple.

"Namjoon, remember that time when we were kids?" asked Seokjin.

"What? The time we dressed up as princesses?" he answered in horror.

"It wasn't that bad," added Yoongi, "Girls dressed as princes and the boys as princesses. Crossdressing."

The others snickered, laughing at their hyungs' memories.

"Yah! Don't laugh, you guys were there too!" he growled.

They immediately shut their mouths and gaped in horror.

"Did people take pictures?" Jungkook asked quietly.

Seokjin and Yoongi nodded.

"Hyung, you burnt them all, right?"

"Yup. Not a single one remains."

"Oh my god that was awesome! Did you see that look on their faces?!  That was EPIC!"

Minah rolled her eyes as Eunji went on and on. She looked in the mirror for the first time and stared. Eunji really had changed her. She had only put on the smallest bit of makeup and that had affected her appearance so greatly.

But why didn't Jungkook say anything? Aish, my head hurts thinking about it. She washed it off and changed back into her normal self.

There was a knock at the door.

"You girls done? I want to check on my stuff."

"Sure," they laughed nervously.

Minah cautiously opened the door and let Seokjin inside. He looked around, pleased with the state of the room. He looked through the dresses carefully.

"You two haven't seen my favourite dress right?" he asked with a worried expression.

"You mean the one you told me to try on before?" Minah answered.

"Yeah, that one."

"No, I haven't seen it," she lied, trying to keep a straight face.

"Eunji?"

"Nope, sorry."

"I'll try to find it later. I have to clean up. If you do see it though, tell me okay?"

Seokjin left the room and Eunji snickered.

 

3 hours later…

 

Everyone had gone home except Yoongi and Namjoon who had passed out on the couch. Namjoon was as dead as a log and Yoongi kept muttering the names of sweet confectionary. Seokjin was cleaning up the remains of the party and was taking out the trash.

He opened up the bin and saw pink ribbons and bows. He pulled it out and stared at it strangely.

What could all this junk be?

He shook his head and slowly walked away.


 author's notes: 

I didn't edit OTL

WHO HAS SEEN BTS' COVER OF BEAUTIFUL? /drowning in an ocean of feels/

Please subscribe or comment ^^