and a midnight rendezvous.

Between Dreams and a Happier Place.

chapter five; and a midnight rendezvous.

"Class, I want you all to find a picture of an embarrassing childhood moment and discuss why it was embarrassing with a partner next lesson. It's essential that you bring these pictures to class next week."

Psychology is a pain. Minah didn't even know why she took the class. Maybe it was Jungkook's enthusiasm for the subject that made it seem so worthwhile. He elbowed her gently in the stomach and signaled her to be his partner.

"Jungkook? Do you have an embarrassing moment? I can't seem to think of one." 

"Of course not, I'm too cool to have anything like that happen to me, unlike you. You could probably talk about it for days without stopping."

"Sure sounds legit, idiot."

He shrugged and followed her out.

 

"GOAL!" yelled a voice from down the hall.

Jimin and Hoseok were in trouble again and were in charge of sweeping the hallways afterschool for a week. Instead of doing what they were supposed to though, they were playing hockey with the brooms. Jimin was on the winning side and now they were fighting on whether the goals they scored counted or not.

"It totally went past your feet! I say that's a goal!" Jimin cheered, throwing his broom in the air.

"That's totally unfair! Someone walked in front of me!" Hoseok argued back.

"You're just complaining because you're losing!"

"Hyung, it went passed you, don't complain! I saw it with my own eyes," Jungkook laughed.

"Ya you traitor!"

"So you admit it?" Jimin taunted.

Minah rolled her eyes and dragged Jungkook away from the ruckus, leaving the two boys in an argument that was sure to blow over sooner or later.

 

The phone rang and Jungkook picked it up quickly, sighing as soon as the call ended.

"Minah, looks like I'm staying at your house tonight," he said.

"Again? Are you're parents overseas again?" Minah asked. "I'm sick of you leaving your junk around every time you stay over."

"It's not my fault I forget my things. Just call your mum and tell her I'm coming home with you," he sighed again.

"Fine, but I'm taking getting a head start," she said, poking her tongue out and running away.

"Ya! Comeback!"

She sprinted ahead with Jungkook trailing slowly behind her.

"So, my mum has these photo albums in the attic, I think we should go up there first."

"But I want to eat first," he whined.

"We'll eat when we're done," she said, sticking her tongue out.

She turned into her house and stuck the key in. She turned it but it wouldn't budge.

"Jungkook?"

"I'm just saying that we should eat first before doing anything so that we're focused."

"No I think the key's stuck."

"What?!"

They both took turns to open the door, forcing it open. Eventually though, it was too much for the key and it snapped in half. There was no way of retrieving that key now and the lock was officially useless. Her mum was going to kill her.

 

"Now what!" Minah cried out.

"Climb the fence?" he suggested.

"Yeah right, I'm going to scale a two meter wall."

But as she was saying that, Jungkook was already up a tree and about to jump over.

"Ya! What are you doing?!"

He didn't say anything and disappeared over the wall. She waited there for what seemed to be an hour until the window clicked open.

She looked inside amazed at how he managed to find a way in.

"What are you waiting for? Get inside already, it's getting cold out there."

"Unbelievable, I can’t believe I'm actually breaking into my own house," Minah sighed, sticking her foot into the window. It was just big enough for her to fit inside but when she was almost inside.


"THIEF!" a person yelled from behind her.

Minah looked around wide-eyed in shock. There was a robber at her house.

She felt someone grab her foot and screamed out loudly, "NO! THE ROBBER'S GOT ME!"

She pulled against it as hard as she could but the force holding on was too strong.

"Jungkook! He's going to kidnap me!" she wailed.

"Eunji! Let go of Minah's foot!" Jungkook shouted loudly.

"Yeah Eunji let go! The robber's going to get me- wait EUNJI!"

"Minah!" she exclaimed.

Eunji let go of the foot in surprise and Minah tumbled backwards, falling on Jungkook in a very compromising position.

She laughed at the two while taking many photos, not even bothering to lend a hand. This just proved how much of a great friend she was.

"So your lock was broken and you climbed through the window?" Eunji laughed, "I thought someone was trying to break into your house!"

"Seriously Eunji, who would try and break in my house in broad daylight?"

"I'm just saying. Anyway I brought donuts," she exclaimed happily, spinning around with the box in her hands.

"Noona can I-" he asked, but was rudely interrupted by Eunji.

"Nope. Not even a single one."

"Eunji, there was something I wanted to show you today. Come with me to my room."

 

Minah and Eunji walked away while Jungkook stared at the donuts. It wouldn't be wrong for him just to have one right? Surely they wouldn't notice the missing donut in the corner. He sighed, picking up the box and inhaled the wonderful aroma of fresh glazed donuts, straight out of the oven.

It was almost like drugs, the sweet, intoxicating smell was addicting and alluring. But no, he couldn't have one so he put the box down dejectedly.

 

The phone rang loudly, surprising him.

"I'm a badman~"

"Yes Jungkook, you totally are," laughed Minah and Eunji together, returning to the room.

"I really need to change my ringtone," Jungkook mumbled, putting it on speaker.

"Hello this is an urgent call from RapMon."

"Hyung enough with the code names already."

"You're just jealous because you and Jimin weren't there when we made them. This is classified information-"

"What are we now? Spies?" Minah asked sarcastically.

"Hey Minah, anyone else there that I should know?"

"Just Eunji. Why?"

"Perfect. Tonight at 11pm we plan to rendezvous at Jimin's house. There we plan to unleash a few weapons to surprise him for his birthday" And also for me to get revenge, Namjoon thought. "We already asked his dad for the keys and permission to have a laugh so it's all been prepared.

"His dad sounds very nice," she said sarcastically.

"Just saying that you should prepare a cake again. You don't need to make it delicious but it's important that its one with lot's of whipped cream, jam and make it chocolate."

"This isn't going to be for eating isn’t it?" Minah sighed.

"You'll see," Namjoon laughed, "I'll be coming over your house at 10 so hurry up and bake the cake. A lemon pie would be nice too if you have time."

Namjoon hung up without saying another word and they all groaned simultaneously.

"Curse you stupid phone!" Jungkook yelled, throwing it on the floor. "No! My poor phone!"

They all went to the kitchen and began the cooking, forgetting whatever they originally came for. Minah was very calm while preparing the ingredients but she feared the state of the kitchen afterwards. It was lucky that her parents weren't coming home tonight.

"Step 1: Add the flour," she ordered Jungkook.

"This much?" he asked.

"No a little more."

"Okay tell me when to stop."

Jungkook kept pouring slowly with Minah's watchful eyes glancing over him. Eunji on the other hand thought it would be funny if she crept up behind Jungkook and scared him.

She tiptoed forward, careful not to make a noise. She was centimetres behind him when he suddenly turned around.

"What the hell Eunji!" he yelled, throwing the packet of flour in the air.

They all watched as it spun around, tossing the white powder in all directions. It covered every inch of the room and Minah shot lasers out from her eyes. Jungkook quickly tried to clean up his mess, only to successfully drop eggs on the floor.

The intensity of the lasers grew stronger as Minah began to get more ingredients and continued baking the cake. Poor Jungkook and Minah were busy sweeping the floors with a devil watching over them.

 

"It's finally done," Minah exclaimed.

It was almost 10 o'clock and she'd successfully baked a chocolate cake with extra whipped cream and jam along with two lemon meringue pies. The kitchen was now cleaner than before thanks to the labour of Eunji and Jungkook.

The sound of a horn honking blared outside and Minah packed the food carefully into boxes, ready to be used at moments notice. They all rushed outside to Namjoon with the cakes. Jungkook, being the last one out, left the door wide open.

 

"Hopey hyung!" Jungkook laughed.

"Looks like the girls are part of the plan too," said Hoseok, smiling evilly.

"Jungkook, I thought you didn't like the code names. What made you change your mind?" asked Namjoon.

"Well I'd appreciate it if he actually said the name in full. You know, J-HOPE?" Hoseok interrupted.

"Where's Yoongi, Seokjin and Taehyung?" Minah asked, looking around the van.

"Huh? Oh Jin and Taehyung are in the back, doing whatever it is they planned. We still got to pick Yoongi up. I think he's currently working at a bar."

Minah turned around and looked at the back curiously. There they were, Seokjin and Taehyung, shaking spray cans and unraveling rolls of toilet paper. She shook her head at the strange sit and returned to her seat.

 

They arrived at a fancy looking place with loud music and bright lights.

"So who wants to go in and get him out?" Namjoon asked, looking at the 4 around him.

Eunji, Minah and Jungkook looked at him strangely.

"We're all underage!" they yelled.

"I was joking," he laughed.

Namjoon called Yoongi and soon, a small figure was seen hauling a large bag of ice behind him.

They threw it into the boot while Seokjin and Taehyung complained about the cold and set off to Jimin's house.

 


 author's notes: 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIMIN!

Okay so as you can see, this chapter is incomplete.

I'll post up the other part when it's done but it would've been way too long in the same chapter XD

I'd like to explain something about the character's and their ages. I have to change some ages for it to make sense.

We're doing this all in international age:

Jin - Age 20 - Works ...

Suga - Age 20 - Works ...

Rap Monster - Age 19 - Works ...

J-Hope - Age 17 - Student

Jimin - Age 17- Student

V - Age 16 - Student

Jungkook - Age 16 - Student

Minah - Age 16 - Student

Eunji - Age 16 - Student

Yeah, I realized that I had to write this out for it to make sense in case some people were confused. I'll put this in the foreword later.