sooyeon's missing.

ice cream. [on hiatus]

Minwoo watched Youngmin and Sooyeon leave the house. They were holding hands. Suspicion rose in his mind so he decided to check up on Kwangmin. He walked up and knocked on the door.

                “Kwangmin, it’s Minwoo. Are you okay?” He slowly opened the door.

Kwangmin was just sitting on the bed, looking at his hands. His head was bowed and back slouched.

                “Minwoo...” Kwangmin’s voice cracked.

Minwoo rushed to Kwangmin’s side.

                “What’s wrong?” He fretted, taking Kwangmin’s hand.

                “Ouch!” Kwangmin pulled his mangled hand back.

                “What did you do?” Minwoo looked at Kwangmin’s hand in dismay.

Kwangmin was always finding ways to hurt himself.

                “You’ve been acting really strange today. What’s wrong?” Minwoo put his hand on Kwangmin’s shoulder.

                “What should I do, Minwoo?” Kwangmin looked up, tears full in his doe-like eyes.

                “What happened?” Minwoo asked softly.

                “I love her.” Kwangmin whispered. “I love Sooyeon.”

Minwoo felt like his heart dropped. Youngmin and Sooyeon just left to go who-knows-where, holding hands. Minwoo decided to stay quiet about that.

                “You…love her? But you just met her today.” Minwoo gently replied. “And what happened to your hand?”

                “Jealousy.” Kwangmin bitterly answered, looking at his hand. “I’m jealous of Youngmin and how he could just take Sooyeon away from me as if it’s so easy. You know, he’s been doing this my whole life. He always blames me for his mistakes. Girls always fall for him, especially the girls I love. He always gets more acting roles, lines, and singing parts. He has more popularity. My mom loves him more than she loves me.” He added, his uninjured hand curling up into a fist.

                “You punched Youngmin?” Minwoo’s heart plummeted.

                “No. I punched your wall.” Kwangmin turned around to look at the place he punched.

Minwoo felt bad for Kwangmin. Kwangmin was always struggling to do well and since he has a twin, it’s harder for him.

                “I really love her, Minwoo.” Kwangmin whispered, his head bowed again. “What should I do? I don’t want Youngmin stealing her away from me. Not her. I’m sick of him stealing things away from me. I’m not letting him steal Sooyeon away from me. It’s not fair how Youngmin has the dominant personality…”

                “Oh, Kwangmin…” Minwoo sighed, slinging his arm around Kwangmin’s shoulders. “Then go get her.”

                “What?” He looked up at Minwoo with big, sad eyes.

                “Just go for her. There’s nothing to lose. If you fail, too bad. She’s going back to America anyways. However, if you do win her, you can have her stay or you can stay happy. I don’t know, Kwangmin, I’m not a very good love advice person. All I’m saying is if you love Sooyeon that much, just go for her.” Minwoo advised, patting Kwangmin’s back. “If you’re sure that you love her that much, then go for her.”

                “Sooyeon!” Minwoo heard Youngmin call. “Kwangmin! Minwoo!”

Kwangmin sighed heavily and Minwoo patted his back reassuringly.

                “Remember what I said.” He told Kwangmin quietly.

They both walked to Youngmin who was holding two cups of ice cream.

                “Ice cream!” Minwoo took the two and gave one to Kwangmin. “Thanks. Where’s Sooyeon?”

                “I thought she came home.” Youngmin replied, his eyes big.

                “What?” Minwoo looked at Kwangmin, who looked back with the same expression as Youngmin. “She didn’t come back. If she did, she would’ve rang the doorbell and we would’ve had to let her in. Who let you in?”

                “I brought a key. I forgot Sooyeon didn’t have one, so I ran back. I thought she already came in.” Youngmin started to panic.

                “She’s not here though!” Minwoo forgot about his ice cream that was melting in his hand.

                “Do you think she’s lost?” Kwangmin asked.

                “I don’t think so. It’s easy to get here.” Youngmin fretted. “We have to go look for her.”

                “Why don’t we have her mom call her? Did she bring her cell phone?” Minwoo suggested.

                “Minwoo!” Minwoo’s mom called.

                “.” Youngmin cursed, his hands running through his blonde hair. “If only I didn’t… It’s probably because of me. Ah.”

Kwangmin just stared at Youngmin while Minwoo walked over to his mom, his heart thumping.

                “Go take your little brother to his academy.” She instructed.

Minwoo just nodded and called down his little brother.

                “Coming!” His little brother yelled.

He walked to Kwangmin and Youngmin who were just standing there like statues.

                “What are you guys doing? Let’s go.” Minwoo nudged Kwangmin.

                “Tell him what you did to Sooyeon.” Kwangmin snapped to Youngmin.

Worry churned in Minwoo’s stomach as he examined Kwangmin’s hurt and angry face. He looked at Youngmin’s frozen and sad face.

                “What did you do…” Minwoo’s voice trailed off.

                “I kissed her.” He whispered.

Oh boy.