[2PM Ok Taecyeon] - "지점장님 (BRANCH MANAGER)"

ABC (All Bias' Corner)

CHARACTERS:

Ok Taecyeon - a young enterpreneur with such an arrogant stature 

Lee Yeseul - a professional Chef       

 

 

          "Lee Yeseul ssi~?"

          "Ne! I'm Lee Yeseul."

          "You're hired!"

          "Huh? What? That fast?"

          "Then if you don't want tell me this instant... And I'll hire another one."

          (Tch, don't this guy know the word "reaction") "Ah! No, I will take the job Sir. Thank you very much."

 

It has been 2 weeks since I started working at Take Off Restaurant in Seoul. It's a dream come true to be hired in such a popular and world-renowned restaurant as a Sous Chef with my years of experience in the cooking world. But I just can't get that guy in the HR department, the day I got hired. He got on my nerves for a few minutes. I just hope I won't get to see his face.

          "I heard the brach manager will visit us today." 

          "Really? I heard he's really strict in handling things." 

          "Don't tell me none of you had actually seen our manager?" I asked.

          "The Head Chef had seen him twice but it was a close door meeting so we didn't have a chance."

          "Woah! But aren't there any pictures of him on the net since this place's so popular?" my curiosity grew.

          "I think he's appointed. It means he's new in the field."

          "Ah~ Anyways, let's finish this one so we can see him later..." I proposed.

 

Then suddenly out of nowhere, a voice interrupted our little conversation.

          "See who?" a tall, well-built man in a suit came in and looked me in the eye.

          "The... the Branch Manager, S-Sir...." (That man again? Oh God, do you really hate me this much?)

          "If I were you I would just concentrate on my work. And that is cooking."

          "Hey! You're in no position to say that, look at what you're wearing. You should also concentrate on your job, you aren't supposed to be here in the kitchen. You should be in the Human Relations Office, not here!!! Aish~"

 

I don't know what has gotten into me but I actually sounded a lot angry at this gut I only met for the second time. I tried to glare at him but what he returned was a stare - the one that will make me fall in love with him, but blocked by his rudeness.

          "What's happening here?" Chef Park came in and asked.

          "Oh, Mr. Park, you're finally here. I need to discuss something with you..." the tall man said as he sent me another glare.

          "Ah, ne... 지점장님 (Branch Manager *JiJeomJang-Nim*)!"

 

As I heard Chef Park's last words, I felt a boulder hit my chest. Stupid me!!! I was trash-talking to THE BRANCH MANAGER. I can't focus for the next hours, I was always jumpy thinking that he might come in the kitchen again and fire me quickly. 

 

TACYEON's POV:

 

She really didn't change at all, her charm is still obvious when she becomes angry. Yeseul-ah... I'm Taecyeon, your childhood sweetheart. I'm waiting for the day that you'll remember me without me remonding you that I'm the boy you held hands with, the first boy you embraced and the boy you kissed during the school's Christmas Party. Those memories are with me, and now that I have seen you after a long time... I hope you can accept my heart.

 

After a few days later...

          "Ms. Lee?" Chef Park called me.

          "Yes Chef? What is it?"

          "I've heard everything that happened the last time Mr. Ok visited the restaurant. He surely is a tough guy but I don't want that rudeness to happen again, he is still our Branch Manager and he might come here often."

          "I'm really sorry Chef, I promise that that won't happen again. I will apologize to him... I mean to Mr. Ok."

          "You should. And he instructed me to ask you to write a reflection paper."

          (A reflection paper??? Are we in elementary???) "Ah... really? Okay."

          "Then you have to submit that to him personally this afternoon."

          "Okay Chef... (WHAT???)"

 

This guy, though he's our Branch Manager, is so childish. Aish~ All I can do is to sigh as I finish the reflection paper telling him how sorry I was to act that way towards a boss. I just hope he won't be sending me off that stare again or I might just as well quit. I really can't stand guys like him. After all this stress, I will treat myself to dinner just to relieve everything! Arrrggggh!!!

         *Knock~ Knock~*

         "Come in." His voice resonated from inside his office.

         "Sir, here's my reflection paper."

         "Put it there," said Taecyeon pointing to the left far end of his table as he stood up.

         "I'm... I'm really sorry Sir. That wouldn't happen again."

         "It better be or you're job's on the line."

         (Here he goes again... such arrogance!) "Yes sir, I understand. I sould get going..."

         "Ah... Ms. Lee?"

         "Yes Sir?"

         "No-nothing. Go on Yeseul-ah~" 

         "Thank you Sir." (Thank God he let me off the hook right away! Aigoo~ WAIT! Did he just call me by my first name? WHY?)

 

 

At the end of the day, I was preparing to go somewhere to eat out my stress. I wanted to try other restaurants, think of it as research too. As I opened my locker, a picture fell down. I never kept a picture there and so I picked it up. I was so shocked to see who was in the picture - it was ME! It was when I was 8 years old, my birthday. My hair was tied in pigtails and I was posing with a V-sign. Some children were around me. Unconsciously, I smiled reminiscing that day. 

          "Are you being crazy now?"

          "Excuse me???"

          "Looking at a picture and smiling... Aren't you a bit childish for that?"

          "Sorry Sir... (patience Yeseul, patience!) I'm going now..."

          "Going where?"

          "Somewhere?"

          "Somewhere... with a photo that doesn't belong to you?"

          "It's mine Sir, it's me who is in this picture."

          "I know it's you in there but the one who took it - ME," Taecyeon said as he pointed his index finger at himself.

 

Why in the world is this bastard boss of mine sounding so creepy now? Does he actually know me? I wanted to walk away but there was some force that wants me to stay and interrogate Mr. Ok Taecyeon. I'm thinking hard.... Who is he, exactly?

          "So, don't you think it's time to return that to me now, Ms. Lee?"

          "Sir, I don't know what's happening here, but it is clearly me in this photo so it doesn't make anyt sense to say that this is yours."

          "Oh, let me explain now 'coz I can't hold it in either..." he said that as he suddenly attacked me with the sweetest kiss I have ever received in my entire life.

 

Then flashbacks came rushing in as I was in the trance of Taecyeon's passionate kiss. I remember that day, he was my favorite playmate... Ok Taecyeon! The one I would play hide and seek with even though it's raining hard. The one kissing me right now is the boy I neer wanted to forget since I gave him my first kiss. I felt happy with that memory, now he's kissing me again... I will really not forget this guy, never...

 

- - - - -

 

          "지점장님~ It's time for you to get up now..."

          "Yes, Chef!"

          "Good... Please make sure to be home for dinner."

          "Of course, I'm saving a lot now since I have a chef wife!"

          "Aigoo~" I mess his hair up and give him a light peck.

          "I'm just so happy to have met you again Yeseaul-ah~ It's been too long..."

          "Me too... 지점장님..."

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hi guys! I'm really sorry to update this just now... I've been busy and having a hard time to get my writing powers to work :P Whew! I hope you like this one... I've always seen TAECYEON as an enterpreneur and someone who is like GongYoo's character in Coffee Prince so I had this concept for his One-Shot! Please do comment in your thoughts, I want to know them... ^^ I promise to write sweeter scenes next time... Thank you!

 

NEXT:

 B1A4 - GONG CHAN