[2AM Jung Jinwoon] - "NE, SUNBAENIM..."

ABC (All Bias' Corner)

CHARACTERS:

Jung Jinwoon - as himself
Jung Mingyeong - a rookie singer

 



I reflect on the last month when I received that award, all my sunbaes really complimented me a lot as I won Best Song of the Year. As a rookie, that's a big title already and I thank my voice for that, and all the 3 years I had been training.

          "Mingyeong ah~ are you all set? We don't want to keep the PDs waiting..." Manager Han said as I was fixing my hair infront of the mirror.

          "Yes, Manager Han, I'm almost done."

The two of us quickly rode the car and went to KBS Studio to record my comeback stage. I'll be doing a cover of 2AM sunbaenim's song, A Friend's Confession and my new single, The Past.

 

A few months back...

          "Jung Mingyeong-ssi, I want you to meet 2AM. This is Jokwon, Changmin, Seulong and Jinwoon" Park PD said.

          "Nice to meet you sunbaenim, I'm a rookie singer, Jung Mingyeong."

          "It's okay to call us oppa for now, you don't need to be super formal," Jokwon said.

          "Yeah, so you plan to sing 친구의고백 (A Friend's Confession)?" Seulong asked me.

          "Yes, o-oppa. I really like that song."

          "Awww so cute. Please sing our song with all that charm~" Changmin said.

          "Ne~"

As I replied with a slight nod, I saw Jinwoon sunbae smirking. He might have hated the idea or something, but I really wonder why he smirked and gave me a cold stare. Now I'm afraid, I thought.

 

- - - - -

 

          "Mingyeong ah~ good job! Even though it's recorded, I think 2AM will like your rendition. It will be shown tomorrow."

         "Great! I hope JYP sunbaenim also likes it because if he doesn't, he might sue me~" I replied jokingly and we went to other schedules that day.

 

True to Manager Han's word, 2AM liked it and JYP sunbaenim personally called the next day and asked me to do a song for him.

         "I made this song a few years back and I think it will be perfect for you," JYP said as we met for lunch.

         "But sunbaenim, I heard this was already given to another artist?"

         "Don't you worry... I'll make him another one."

         "Ah... Okay sunbaenim..."

 

As I was walking in the corridors of JYPE building, I saw a slightly opened studio. Curious much, I went in not knowing that Jinwoon sunbae was there, strumming his guitar.

         "Can't you respect privacy?"

         "I'm sorry, I didn't know you were here sunbae..."

         "Sunbae? Tch."

         "Excuse me... I wanted to let this go but sunbae you have a rude attitude. I also wanted to ask you why you hate me? The first time we met, during song festivals and recordings, you always glare at me like I'm an enemy or something SUNBAE!" I tried to keep my cool but he irritated me and so my voice went up. He stared at me and got up from where he was sitting.

         "You know why? Because you're so pretentious. Now, you get all the songs! Including that song I got from Sajangnim (JYP). Do you know how many years I tried to practice with that song because it's the same song that I could have used for my solo album next year! And now what? You taking that song! WOW!"

 

I felt his anger and I also felt my eyes tearing up but I was angry at his words. I wanted to belt it out as well but only my hand did the job - I slapped him and run away. You jerk, I didn't know you were so selfish Jinwoon suinbae. So selfish! I thought.

 

JINWOON's POV:

 

I don't know why I feel irritated when I first saw her and until now I'm super mad at her taking that song from me. But did I go overboard? Was I too harsh for her to slap me. She was the cutest thing ever and I couldn't help but to adore her voice. I guess I got a bit emotional when the hyungs compared me to her. I know they were joking but it's my character to be angry over small matters.

          "Yah, Jinwoon! I heard 2AM will get a new member and she'll replace you," Changmin hyung told me. 

          "She? JYP sajangnim will put a girl in 2AM hyung?"

          "Yes, and I heard she can hit the high notes than you can~" Seulong hyung added.

          "So pack your things now and get ready to leave. Let's go see your replacement!" Jokwon hyung said laughing and off we went to met Jung Mingyeong - rookie snger, said to be the next IU.

 

The hyungs were right when they said she has a great voice. They were correct too in saying that she's a natural beauty. But I can't just fall for her. She's an enemy to me now. After much debate with JYP sajangnim, I won over the rights to the song agin however, there was a condition - to sing it with Jung Mingyeong.

 

- - - - -

 

          "What? A duet with Jung Jinwoon?"

          "Yah~ Mingyeong ah~ why the sudden rage? And why aren't you calling him sunbae?"

          "Manager Han, that man doesn't deserve respect."

          "But you still need to that song with him... Contract!"

          "Arasseo~" I replied with a deep sigh. Now let's see who will back off first? I'll do the song no matter what. JYP sunbaenim chose me and I will not give up!

 

Jinwoon sunbae's voice is really good but his personality is exactly the opposite, it's horrendous. I could't put in the emotions in this song since I hate the guy, thanks goodness I can record it somewhere else, Jinwoon sunbae-less. I got to finish recording since he's already done with it. I have to prove him that JYP didn't make the wrong decision with giving me this song. But I'm worried on how will we be on stage since this will also released. Oh my god... It's giving me a lot of stress just by looking at the parts of the song:

 

Me, it’s me, even if I’m slightly lacking and awkward

The one person for you, the one person that’ll know you, it’s me

 

It’s me, it’s me, whatever anyone says, the person

Who’ll always hug you by your side, the person who’ll protect you, it’s me

And you could be just my heaven


- - - - -

 

After 2 weeks, it's finally the day of performing 바로나야(It's me), a special single collaboration of me and 2AM's Jung Jinwoon. Prior to this, we met twice for recording and he sent me a text message but we never actually talked on how to perform this. As I entered the dressing room, he was already there. I still managed to bow and greet him. I stepped aside the anger zone and wished that he also did so.

 

          "Oh... Ready?"

          "Y-Yes... Jinwoon sunbae..."

          "Good! Then let's try to harmonize again. And I just want to say... I'm sorry..."

          "O-okay... Sunbae, I'm also sorry for what I did~"

          "So let's do this without getting angry at each other, okay?"

          "Ne! I'll just have water first."

 

JINWOON's POV:

 

I have to say sorry or else it'll ruin our performance. It's my fault anyways so I have to be responsible. I sent her a message a few days ago and I don't know why I was so happy to have received a reply from her though it only says "Fighting!" My heart fluttered every time I hear her voice as I did my recordings. I could've asked for apology before but she opted to record in her home studio. Jung Mingyeong, I think you captured my heart already. I’m so sorry…

 

- - - - -

 

A minute before the actual live stage, Jinwoon sunbae approached me. I was feeling more comfortable with him now that he actually said his apology.

          “Mingyeong ah~”

          “Ne sunbae? What is…”

 

He suddenly hugged me before I even finished what I was saying. I think he was so nervous but this abrupt skinship was also comfortable. I liked it.

          “Sorry, but I can’t take it anymore.”

          “Sunbae?”

          “I’m sorry that I got angry, I’m so sorry Mingyeong ah~”

          “Jinwoon sunbae, it’s okay now. I forgave you already…”

          “But this sorry isn’t for that…”

          “Then what is it for sunbae?”

          “I’m sorry but I think I’m falling for you…”

 

After he said that, he broke the hug and left me speechless. I just looked at him in the eyes and I can sense his sincerity. He gave me an eyesmile and I knew that Jinwoon sunbae isn’t playing a trick on me.

           “Jinwoon-ssi, Mingyeong-ssi… You’re up at 1! Quickly go to the waiting area now.”

           “Ne~” both of us answered in unison.

 

He looked at me for one last time and stretched out his arms.

           “Let’s go?”

           “Ne, sunbaenim!” and I held on to that hand even after our performance.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hi guys! Whew! One-shot fanfics are difficult to make (for me) since I have to finish everything in a go! But anyways I hope you liked this one. Jung Jinwoon is my bias in 2AM since he's the cutest and he still has a childish charm because he is the group's maknae. Forgive me for this one (if you didn't like it) but please do comment in your thoughts, I want to know them... ^^ I promise to improve on my next chapters... Fighting!

 

NEXT:

2PM - Ok Taecyeon