[MBLAQ Yang Seungho] - NEVER FRIENDS

ABC (All Bias' Corner)

CHARACTERS:

Yang Seungho '87-liner; active in the arts

Lee Heejin '87-liner; active in sports and extra-curricular activities

 

THEIR STORY:

I limped slowly as I reached my apartment; I got a sprain from my volleyball game this afternoon and it hasn't healed though I put icebag on it while I was at the clinic. My company hosted a sports event and I can't say no to such invitations. Reaching for my bag, I heard my phone ringing, it was Seungho.

 

"Babo yah~ I heard you sprained your ankle. True?" ironically he sound concerned.

"What a friend you are, calling me babo instead of comforting me?"

"You know I'm not the comforting type, right?"

"Sure do! Ey~ It's only 5 in the afternon, your work's finished?"

"Hell yeah! Can't wait for tomorrow! Weekend, here I come!"

"Guess I have to stay home for me to heal faster... Can't come with you, wherever it is!"

"No problem, got other pals to hang-out with.... Hope your ankle heals quickly...." I can hear him sighing.

"Thanks!" And we ended our phone chat.

 

Yang Seungho I thought. And I let out a regretting sigh, if ever there was a sigh to be called as that.

 

The next day seemed like a miracle and all I know was that I can walk normally. I tried pacing to and fro in the bedroom, the living area and my kitchen. Wow! It's all healed. Next thing I knew I took a bath and mentally made a cheklist of what to do for the day. I began calling one of my friends.

"Hey Jane, it's Heejin"

"Oh! Are you okay now dear?"

"Never better. Just got it all healed!"

"Good for you. So any plans?"

"I actually wanted to ask you guys, where are you hanging out later?"

"Don't ask me, too busy even on the weekends my dear... Probably you should ask Karla or maybe Seungho. I knew they were going to see each other tonight."

Seungho... again? With Karla? I thought but erases it off my mind fast.

"Will do. Well good luck to whatever's keeping you busy. See you soon!"

"Same to you~"

 

Karla and Seungho together? Why am I uneasy on this thought. Well, both of them are Art majors. Both of them are living in the same neighborhood. Both of them are my friends. So why am I... Ah~~~ I shall call one of them. And it will not be Seungho my inner mind talks back.

 

"Hey Karla.... Busy?"

"No, not yet. What happened to you? Seungho told me you twisted your ankle."

"Yeah, got it bad while playing volleyball."

"I see. So why are you calling, you should be resting you know... Hmmm?" she sounds sweet, guys fall for girls like her.

"Actually I'm okay now. Really okay, I can walk without hurting it. So I was just wondering if I can hang-out for tonight, say... With you guys?"

"With us? I've no plans with the gang but I'll be helping my Mom tonight though. I actually decided to help her since Seungho texted me that he can't be out today..."

"But he sound so excited yesterday..."

"When wasn't he excited for weekends, especially when you guys go out..."

 

I paused. Those last six words made my heart flutter... Are we "going out"? Seungho and I?

 

"Heejin, still there?"

"Oh I'm sorry. I spaced out a bit."

"See... You should rest for now. I know your ankles are better but you must be tired so stay home. I'll tell Seungho you called."

"No, don't let him know."

"Don't let him know? You should have heard him sound so concerned last night. He was asking me what medicine he should buy for someone who sprained a muscle. And as far as I know, you're the only one who twisted her ankle."

"Wh....What?"

"I said... Hang up and rest. Got to go now..."

"Oh... Okay. Bye~"

 

I can't seem to comprehend what Karla said. Seungho, concerned? Those doesn't match well. I decided I just stay home but eventually needed some fresh air so I went out to buy from the nearby convenience store. Almost near the store, my phone buzzed. I ignored the text and continued walking. But soon after, a taxi stopped infront of me. 

"Are you Ms. Lee?"

"Yes, but I didn't called in for a taxi."

"Yes. But someone did."

 

I went inside the taxi but ordered the driver not to step on the gas yet. 

"Sir, can I see your phone? The one who called in for taxi, who was it?" My voice was full of anticipation.

"Well, you can have a look." And he handed me his phone and I hurriedly browse through the call log.

 

...9710 ...9710 I know this number. I quickly took out my phone, I remembered smeone sending me a text. I opened that one first.

 

From: YANGbabo (010-6985-9710)

Hey, you know you shouldn't be walking right?

 

And all my senses were in full mode. Seungho's here... He was watching me. He's the one who sent in the taxi for me to go anywhere, knowing that I was sprained and all. Yang Seungho....

"Sir, thank you." I handed him back his phone and fare.

"No problem."

 

I got out of the taxi fast and roamed my eyes in search of Yang babo. Where is he? Where? Out of nowhere, a car came in full speed honking like a mad dog. I then realized that I was actually on the streets already, not on the sidewalk. I panicked and took steps in God knows which directions. The honking continues but a voice was evidently above all the noises.

"YAH! LEE HEEJIN! WHAT ARE YOU DOING??? STAY WHERE YOU ARE!!! I'LL COME TO YOU, STAY WHERE YOU ARE FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! DON'T MOVE!!!!! WAIT FOR ME THERE!!!!"

 

My head turns to where this powerful and commanding voice was coming from. And just like that, I got a hold of Seungho. Or was it that he got a hold of me, I don't know. My mind was in its own space of blankness.

"YAH BABO!!! WHAT IF THAT CAR SLAMS AT YOU HUH??? WHAT IF YOU WERE HIT BY THOSE CARS HEEJIN???!!!! WHY ARE YOU EVEN OUTSIDE, BABO!!! BABO!!! BABO!!!"

"Seungho...." was all I can say as tears start to flow down my cheeks. He was concerned after all, the inner Heejin was trying to convince me.

 

He wasn't replying. But I know he's looking at me while I cry, low-headed. I wanted to hear his voice so I called on once again, "Seungho-ya..." and in a split second, I felt his arms around me; enveloping me in some kind of reassurance that he's there. And that he'll be by my side. Always.  

 

 

THE END 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Annyeong! It's been ages right? FORGIVE ME!!! Though slow as a turtle, I still updated for today so Yehey!!! This one-shot is rather long (or I just felt that it was ong?) hahaha! But anyways, this is about my "Papa Bear" Yang Seungho. He's my bias in MBLAQ (originally it was Lee Joon) and he got me pregnant! LOL Our son, D.O. (EXO-K) is doing good in the same business as his father! LOL. Glad to introduce you my family. ^^ Hope you like this story as well. Thanks! 

 

NEXT: 

SHINEE - Lee Jinki (Onew)