Chapter 4

The Wish Your Heart Made

Kai stood the top of the stairs, with his eyes on Haejin. His smile stretched wider as he saw her turn around, and her eyes soften and her cheeks begin to turn rosy. She was as beautiful as ever, and Kai felt his own cheeks turn red, and his heart beat faster when he looked at her.

"Did you miss me?"

Haejin let a breath leave her lips, as if he took her breath away. She was frozen for a moment, but only a moment before she smiled at him, taking a tentative step forward.

"Uh oh," Kris warned. "Clear the path!"

Everyone parted to separate sides of the room, with Kai and Haejin being the only ones to stand in the middle. Kai beamed at the girl before him, opening his arms.

"Come here, you!" Upon hearing this Haejin took another step forward, then another, quicker until she ran toward him, letting out a squeal of joy as she landed into his open embrace.

"Awwwww~" Everyone let out a sound of adoration upon watching them reunite. Kai held Haejin tightly in his arms, with one hand secured around her waist and another entangling itself in her hair. He buried his face in her neck, breathing in her uniquely sweet scent. Haejin's hands clasped together as they were encircled around his torso, pulling him closer to her. She closed her eyes tightly, feeling nothing but his arms around her, and nothing else. EXO began to clap, as did the girls.

"See, this is the best part about going home; seeing them get back together is the best, and it reminds us that love sure is a beautiful thing," Tao cooed.

They nodded in agreement; however, Kai and Haejin ignored them.

"God, I missed you," he whispered breathlessly. "I missed you too," she murmured, and they pulled away a bit to look at each other. "So, so much." They stared into the other's eyes.

"Your boyfriend drove us crazy!" Chen's melodic voice brought the two of them to attention. Haejin looked at Kai, and Kai shot Chen a look that said, "Don't even start."

But Chen wasn't afraid. He wasn't afraid of Kai's death glare, or Luhan's warning look, or Suho's complaint of, "you're ruining the moment!". He continued by saying, "He just wouldn't shut up about you, Haejin-ah. He was all like, 'I miss Haejin'--"

"Chen-hyung," Kai started, a warning tone in his voice.

"And 'None of my pictures can compare to her beautiful face in person'--"

"Jongdae-hyung..."

"And 'Why won't she text me baaaack...'" Chen placed his finger below his eye and trailed it down his cheek in imitation of a teardrop. Some members laughed, but others generously nodded in agreement.

"It's true," Suho sheepishly replied. Kai looked traumatized.

"Guys," he whimpered. Haejin looked from Chen to Kai, a devious smile planted on her face.

"Is this true?" she asked. Kai looked down, pressing a finger to his lips in embarrassment. It was a cute habit that he tried to stop, but there were times when he couldn't help it, especially around Haejin.

"Maybe," he said softly, his voice barely audible. He looked to the side sheepishly, before shaking his head.

"Th-that's beside the point," he stammered, before pulling Haejin toward him, cradling her to his chest. He looked at the members accusingly. "I just missed her, okay? Maybe a little, or a lot more than I usually do, which means I kinda want to see her, be with her... Spend some time with her..." He looked at the group of people before him.

"Alone," he emphasized, his brows raising.

The corridor was suddenly full of life again; everyone began to move. Luhan put an arm around Sehun's shoulders as he turned the both of them around, walking toward the staircase, saying things like "When two people fall in love...". Baekhyun's eyes nearly popped out of his skull, and he sprinted for the elevator. "Oh god no," he shouted. The rest began to evacuate as suggestions about a group dinner were thrown about. Minji grabbed a frightened Kyungsoo's arm and led him to their dorm, and the rest followed, quickly offering to help cook for 19 people. Some took the elevator, frantically piling inside, while others rushed upstairs. 

Haejin and Kai were alone within thirty seconds. Haejin pulled away from Kai to look around, her eyes slightly widened in shock. She turned to Kai.

"That was fast," she noted. Kai rolled his eyes.

"They assumed the worst," he chuckled. Haejin appeared to be confused, before her face paled and she gasped.

"Oh no." Haejin's hands flew to . "Oh no, no, no... I should go correct them!" She turned back around, but Kai reached out and grabbed her hand. He gave a gentle tug, pulling her back slightly and causing her to turn back around. Her surprised eyes met his sweet ones, and he smiled at her.

"Haejinnie..." Kai's tone was deep, and dripped with affection. "Ignore them... Please?" He lifted her hand, and brought it to his lips, kissing it softly, not breaking eye contact with her. His eyes were pleading.

Haejin looked down at their hands, feeling a blush creep onto her face and her heartbeat speed up a bit. He always did this to her; it was as if his touch was magical, and still as strong as ever, even though two years had passed since they had become a couple. She smiled slightly, looking at him as a smile of his own formed on his face. He gave another gentle tug, motioning for them to go into the EXO dorm, and Haejin finally gave in.

"You're right, forget them," she grinned, and Kai smiled. He pulled her into the dorm, not shutting the door behind them. They laughed as they tripped together over bags of things on the way to Kai's room, but not letting go of the other's hand.

However, once they had gotten inside Kai's room, he let go of her hand, only to wrap his arms around her and lift her up. He spun her around happily as Haejin giggled, before lowering her to the ground again.

"Haejin," Kai cooed, before leaning in and kissing her face. He kissed her forehead, her cheeks, her nose, her temples, until he crashed his lips unto hers, kissing her passionately. Haejin immediately kissed him back with as much fervor, wrapping her arms around his neck. He tightened his grip on her waist, kissing her lips twice, thrice, a fourth time, each a little lighter than the last, until he gently pecked her lips slowly, savoring the taste of her lips on his own. They stayed close to one another, their faces just a hair apart and their eyes closed. His forehead pressed upon hers and they breathed slowly.

"I missed you," he murmured. Haejin closed the distance again between them, kissing his lips softly in response. Kai happily obliged, pulling her ever-so-closer to him. He inhaled her addicting scent, before pulling away once again to look at her.

Kai could feel his heart threatening to beat out of his chest. She was the only thing that made him feel this way; it was as if she gave him a breath of life, and yet stole his oxygen at the same time. As he looked upon his girlfriend, he admired her beauty; the way her long, silky dark hair cascaded over her shoulders, how her big eyes looked upon him, the way her smile reached her eyes... Oh, that eye-smile. It made him melt from the inside-out. She truly was beautiful, and he counted his blessings every day that he saw her. He knew how lucky he was; he just hoped she knew how important she was to him.

Haejin stared up at him, studying his features. She unclasped her hands from behind his neck and they made their way up to his face, where she his cheeks softly. She cherished him more than anyone would imagine. Though she was the more closed-off kind of person, anyone could see that she was, indeed, in love with the boy in front of her. He had saved her life; that was the only way to put it. Had he not tried to help her, she knew that she would be in a bad situation right now. In fact, she waited for the moment where this ethereal dream of hers would end, and she would wake up alone, with no memory of Kai, and in some hellhole that her perfectionist parents threw her in.

"What are you thinking about?" Kai's soft inquiry brought her out of her trance, and she focused her eyes back on him. She smiled.

"You," she replied. Kai narrowed his eyes skeptically, and Haejin's hands moved from Kai's face to his hair, where she gently tugged at it. "You, and your blond hair." She wrinkled her nose playfully,a tiny smirk gracing her lips. Kai chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"How did I know you'd say something?" he asked. Haejin ignored him, and continued to play with the yellowish strands, her eyes upon it.

"You don't like it," Kai stated. Haejin looked into his eyes for a moment.

"You don't either," she replied. Kai squeezed his eyes shut and shook his head, smiling bitterly.

"No, I don't," he admitted. "They're supposed to change it soon, though; I think they said a silverish color."

Haejin pouted, but smiled after a second passed. "I suppose," she sighed, her hands dropping from his hair to his shoulders, where she massaged them gently. "But I'm still betting everything I've got on Code-Red."

Kai laughed. "Code-Red" was Haejin's way of saying, "they'll dye your hair red to accentuate your tan skin color". "If you say so," he replied, before pulling her to his chest once again, hugging her tightly. As he wrapped his arms around her securely, he then began to fall back, pulling Haejin with him. Haejin let out a squeak of surprise, before she fell on something soft.

They had landed on Kai's bed. Instantly, its softness and its comfort began to seep into the both of them, soothing their aching, tired bones. Haejin's eyes began to feel heavy; she wanted to ignore, so badly did she want to ignore it, but as she looked up at Kai, she knew there was no way of avoiding the drowsiness and the fatigue they shared. His eyes had closed. She wondered if he had actually fallen asleep so quickly, or if he had even fallen over from being so tired; however, Kai let out a hum of contentedness and he pulled Haejin closer to him. Haejin obliged and snuggled up to him, placing her head on his chest. His arms wrapped around her tiny frame, and their legs tangled with each other's. Haejin stifled a yawn.

"I was going to ask you about your trip to Russia," she whispered. Another hum from Kai.

"Maybe it should wait," she continued, and Kai tightened his grip on her, a squeeze of agreement.

"If Minji-noona and Kyungsoo-hyung are cooking together, dinner won't be ready for another two hours." Kai began to Haejin's hair gently, his voice already laced with sleep. Haejin pulled out her phone, and set an alarm, humming in agreement.

"Then we'll sleep for now. I'll ask you about your trip later," she whispered.

"And I'll beg for details on your trainee life, as always," Kai replied softly, earning a laugh from the girl on top of him.

"Go to sleep, Jongin," Haejin murmured.

"Okay," Kai replied, but continued to her hair. As the seconds passed, the were slower, less frequent, as he already began to fall asleep. Haejin, feeling his soothing touch on her head, was already dozing off.

"Haejin?"

"Hmm?"

"I love you," Kai whispered.

Haejin smiled, and she looked up at him. He was staring down at her, his droopy eyes filled with affection once again.

"I love you too." Haejin smiled at him for a moment longer, before closing her eyes and settling herself on his chest again, allowing Kai's touch to bring her to a world of sleep.

divider.png

 

~*~Author's Note~*~

Updating on campus again omg >< I actually have to leave for class in five minutes, so I finished up just in time!!!

UGHH, DYING FROM FLUFF T___T WHY CAN'T ALL GUYS BE LIKE KAI... *sobs* But seriously, guys, I've been imagining this scenario for you have no idea how long .-. I hope it appeals to you guys okay ^_^; (meaning "dear god I hope I wrote this as well as I imagined it, XD)

See you soon~!!