Chapter 10

The Wish Your Heart Made

"That was delicious!"

 

Dinner was over in a matter of minutes. As everyone sat in a full, contented silence, Eunjung glanced over at Haejin, before glancing at Chohee, who suddenly got a large grin on her face. They looked at Mrs. Kim.

 

"May we be excused?" Eunjung asked quickly. Everyone looked at her with a confused expression, before Mrs. Kim nodded.

 

"Yes, you may--" Before the last word left her lips, Eunjung and Chohee were up and out of their chairs. Eunjung quickly made her way over to Haejin, pulling the younger girl up. They hurried out of the kitchen.

 

"Yah! Where are guys going?" Mrs. Kim asked. Kai looked alarmed for a second, before a knowing smile reached his lips.

 

"Umma, they do this every time Haejin's over," he replied. Mrs. Kim looked at her son, puzzled, before she began to laugh.

 

"Oh, THAT," she giggled. "Well, girls will be girls," she said. "But they both took off, so that leaves YOU with dishes."

 

Kai groaned. "Ummaaaa..." Seeing Mrs. Kim shrug, he sighed, and got up to gather the plates up.

 

"Well, it keeps me from spending 'quality' time with the 'wonderful' Hyunsung," he grumbled. Mrs. Kim smacked his with a towel.

 

"Oh, be nice, Jongin," she ordered. Kai rolled his eyes, before getting to work.

divider.png

 

"Where are we going?" Haejin asked as she was guided upstairs. Chohee scoffed.

 

"You really haven't been here in a while, if you've forgotten about our little tradition," she exclaimed. Eunjung laughed, and soon Haejin did too.

 

"Gotcha," she replied happily. 

 

They reached the top of the stairs and turned left, walking down a hall to a door on the right. Eunjung opened it, and they went inside.

 

The room was somewhat cluttered, but everything had a place, Eunjung had once explained. 

 

"God, girl, you need to be on an episode of Hoarders," Chohee speculated, shaking her head. Eunjung scoffed.

 

"Whatever, at least the bed's made."

 

"That's what matters," Haejin pointed out, and the three of them climbed onto it. Chohee sprawled out at the foot of the bed, propping herself up with an elbow. Eunjung and Haejin sat with their legs pretzeled, and Eunjung gripped onto one of her pillows. She leaned forward.

 

"Girl talk time! You have no idea how much I've needed this," she exclaimed. Haejin nodded vigorously, and Chohee sighed contentedly.

 

"So I heard you got some boy candy now," Haejin said to Eunjung, who squealed happily.

 

"Yes! He's so amazing," Eunjung replied happily. "I can't believe how lucky I got with this one!"

 

"This one," Haejin and Chohee repeated amusingly. Eunjung huffed.

 

"Oh shut up," she giggled. "It's like you guys know me or something."

 

"We do!!" Chohee shoved Eunjung playfully, and as Eunjung fell upon the bed, Haejin began to tickle her. 

 

"Stop, stop!" Eunjung's squeals echoed throughout the room, along with the laughter of her sister and Haejin as they terrorized the girl. 

 

"All jokes aside," Eunjung gasped, gripping Haejin's hands and keeping Chohee away with her feet. "He really is a nice guy." She sat up and pointed at Chohee, letting go of Haejin.

 

"Even better than yours," she gloated. Chohee's face dropped and she shook her head.

 

"No way; Hyunsung's the best man anyone can ask for--"

 

"No~"

 

"Yeah," Chohee continued, and began counting on her fingers. "He's responsible, he's caring, and he actually owns a house," she emphasized, leaning forward and oggling at Eunjung. Eunjung wrinkled her nose.

 

"Oh yeah? Well at least mine's got a thing for kids," she sneered, watching Chohee's face go from smug to crestfallen in a second.

 

"...Yeah, we're working on that," she mumbled. Haejin gasped.

 

"Are you pregnant?!"

 

"No!" Chohee began to laugh at the younger girl's surprise. "Not yet."

 

Haejin put her hand to her heart. "You scared me for a second; I was like, 'she better not be keeping a bun in the oven away from me!'"

 

The three of them laughed.

 

"But mine's still better," Eunjung declared, once the laughter died down. Chohee gave her a side-glare. 

 

"Mine is," she mumbled.

 

"Okay, girls..." Haejin put her hands up, trying to calm them down. "I hate to break it to you, but... I think my boy's the best." She shrugged, but smiled.

 

They stopped bickering, and looked at Haejin in silence.

 

"Okay, now I can name about a hundred reasons as to why he's NOT the best boyfriend," Chohee argued teasingly. 

 

"Honey, no; he's bad news," Eunjung retorted.

 

"What?" Haejin wrinkled her nose at him.

 

"First off, he's so irresponsible," Eunjung started. "He forgets to do chores, loses his stuff all the time, and FORGETS TO PUT THE TOILET SEAT BACK DOWN," she yelled, so that Kai could hear her from downstairs. 

 

They listened for a moment, and they heard him shout, "yah, I don't do that!" from downstairs. They snickered, before they continued.

 

"But yeah, he's also really awkward, he's got tons and tons of girls swooning over him, and he has fanfictions about him... With BOYS." Chohee's eyes got big. 

 

"He's really masculine, but he keeps getting paired with a guy named Kyungsoo... I don't know, I think they might have a thing going on."

 

Haejin looked at them in alarm. "Are you guys serious?" She put her hand to her heart. "Oh my gosh, I... I had no idea..." She leaned back so that her back was against the headboard, and she looked depressed.

 

"I guess if all of this is true... He better at least let me watch him with this Kyungsoo guy," she joked, before busting into laughter. Chohee and Eunjung laughed with her.

 

"Now that's how you do it," Eunjung squealed, clutching her stomach.

 

"What would you even do if you caught Jongin with a guy like in those creepy stories?" Chohee asked. Haejin snorted.

 

"God, I don't know-- Film it?" Upon hearing this, the two sisters laughed even harder. 

 

"YES!" Eunjung high-fived Haejin. "We're so gross," she added, putting her head in her hands.

 

"No, but he's a good boyfriend, all jokes aside," Haejin giggled.

 

"He's still treating you right?" Chohee eyed Haejin, who nodded immediately and vigorously.

 

"Of course," she replied happily. "He's the best; the only problem is that we don't see each other enough..."

 

"Schedules?" Chohee asked. Haejin nodded sullenly.

 

"When I've got something going on, he's free. When he's got something going on, I'm free. We see each other in the building a lot, but he's usually going somewhere and we only get a hug or a quick kiss in. These past few months, our relationship has been completely mobile; we text, skype, call each other... We're both just so busy." Haejin sighed, shaking her head exasperatedly. Eunjung hugged the younger girl, comforting her. Chohee nodded sympathetically.

 

"That really ," Eunjung whispered. "But when you guys are together, I bet that makes up for all the time you guys didn't have together."

 

"Oh, we're inseparable," Haejin replied heavily, before noticing something. "Well, we're not TOGETHER together right now, but you guys get it, right?" 

 

They nodded, before Eunjung smirked. "Oh, I get it, but when you guys are together, I know you're up to some stuff, right?" She winked.

 

Haejin looked at her, confused. "What?"

 

"You know, you guys embrace, make out, go get a room... Putting a candy cane in a one-horse open sleigh." Eunjung stood up on the bed, and began ing her hips. Haejin screamed.

 

"OH MY GOD," she hollered. Chohee pulled on her sister's hand, pulling her down.

 

"Thanks for the visual; nobody needed to see that," she deadpanned. 

 

"But I'm right, right?" Eunjung fixed her hair and she grinned at Haejin. Haejin blushed, and looked at the sheets. Chohee scoffed.

 

"Oh, come on! We're all girls here, and I'm certainly sure that we're all ually active."

 

Haejin sighed, before looking them and biting her lip. She watched their expressions go from certain to shocked.

 

"Haejin... You mean you haven't?!" Eunjung's inquiry received a downcast glance from Haejin, to which Eunjung gasped.

 

"Jung Haejin! You mean to tell me that you're still a ?!"

 

Haejin bit the inside of her cheek, before nodding slowly. Chohee gaped at her.

 

"Oh, my god," she whispered. Eunjung looked at her sister.

 

"Wait, how long have they been going out?! A year?"

 

"Two," Haejin whispered. More gasps.

 

"...Why?" Eunjung asked.

 

"I'm assuming you're asking why Jongin and I haven't..."

 

"YES," they both responded loudly. Haejin bit her lip once again.

 

"Oh my god, it's a disease," Eunjung said, aghast. Haejin shook her head, giving her a glare.

 

"Pregnancy scare?" Chohee asked. Again, Haejin shook her head.

 

"Oh, I know! He's got a tiny willie!" Eunjung concluded. At this, she received weird looks from both of the other girls. 

 

"I... I don't know the answer to that," Haejin murmured. Eunjung looked at Haejin as if she had grown a third head.

 

"Okay, I know it's not tiny, but are you serious right now, Hae?" Eunjung asked. Haejin nodded solemnly.

 

"Wow," the sisters replied, breathless. Haejin looked down at her crossed legs, but felt an arm around her shoulder.

 

"I mean, that's okay! We're just shocked that you guys haven't DONE anything is all," Eunjung exclaimed. Haejin forced a laugh.

 

Yeah, everyone is...

 

divider.png

 

Haejin quietly closed the door to Eunjung's room behind her, and she padded down the hall. It was late, and she had said goodnight to Mrs. Kim, as well as greeted and said goodnight to Mr. Kim, who had come home from work. Chohee and Eunjung had decided to play a video game in Eunjung's room, which Haejin decided to take her leave.

 

She walked down the hall quietly until she reached a door on the left. She paused, before knocking on it carefully.

 

"Come in," was the response. 

 

When Haejin opened the door and walked into Kai's room, she saw her boyfriend sitting on his bed, looking at his phone. When the door opened, he looked up, and smiled.

 

"Hey, you!"

 

"Hey," Haejin replied, before heading to the drawers that was in Kai's room. Opening the third one, she pulled out her pyjamas, before closing the drawer and turning to look at Kai.

 

"I'll be right back," she said. Upon seeing Kai nod, she left the room to go change.

 

When she came back, Kai was still on his phone. Haejin felt a smile cross her face, and she leaped onto his bed, snuggling against him.

 

"Who are ya talkin' to?" Haejin asked. Kai laughed quietly and put an arm around her waist, pulling her closer.

 

"Luhan-hyung," he replied. "Apparently there are some shenanigans going on in the dorms right now."

 

"Oh no," Haejin winced. "Do I want to know?"

 

Kai only began to laugh harder. "Well, there's alcohol involved, and hyung is texting me in his drunken stupor about how he had to go streaking throughout the girls' floor up above."

 

Haejin began to snicker evilly. "I bet my girls got some nice pictures."

 

Kai grinned. "Oh, I'm sure of it; he said he saw camera flashes."

 

"Perfect," Haejin beamed. Kai narrowed his eyes and looked down at her. 

 

"Why are you saying 'perfect'? It's not like you're going to see them; I won't let you."

 

Haejin stared back at him in disbelief. "Oh, really?" she challenged. Kai nodded.

 

"Yep, there's no way that I'm going to let my girlfriend see my guy friends." Kai let go of her, crossing his arms. Haejin sat up, and crawled to where she was in front of him. Taking note of the fact that Kai's back was against his bedroom wall, she crawled on top of him so that she was straddling his legs. Kai blinked, and his eyes got a bit wider as he watched her. 

 

"Is it because you'd get jealous?" she asked softly. 

 

"No," he replied, shaking his head once. "It's because my girlfriend doesn't need to see my hyung's tiny privates."

 

Haejin's jaw dropped, and she choked out a laugh. "Jongin! That's mean," she exclaimed, and she saw Jongin's eyes twinkle as he laughed evilly. "Don't be a low-baller!"

 

"Okay, fine." Kai put his phone aside, and put his hands on his girlfriend's waist. "It's because I'd get jealous..." He looked away sheepishly, as if he were afraid to admit it.

 

"Oh, I see," Haejin concurred, a smile fleeting across her lips. "You'd get jealous?"

 

"Very." Kai's eyes held humor in them, but there was sincerity in them. As Haejin looked into them, she placed her hands on his shoulders.

 

"You still get jealous?"

 

"And I always will," Kai responded immediately. Haejin's eyes studied his, before she came closer to him, leaning in.

 

"You know that I'll always find that cute, right?" she whispered. Kai smiled, giving her shirt a squeeze, and Haejin could feel a tug on the fabric.

 

"And you know that you're the only one I want, right? No other guy could distract me from that, you know that, right?" She leaned in closer, so that they were a mere few centimeters apart. She could feel his breath on her face, and she breathed in its intoxicating scent.

 

"Of course I do," Kai replied softly, feeling his heart begin to beat a bit faster.

 

Haejin looked into his eyes, before she closed hers and closed the distance between them, pressing her lips to his. Kai kissed her back, his lips molding to hers, feeling his heart skip a beat. 

 

He expected the kiss to last only a moment, before Haejin would pull away and take a part of his heart with her, as she did every time she made the first move on him. 

 

And Haejin broke the kiss, only to kiss him again. This sent a shock through Kai, but he happily kissed back, tilting his head a little to deepen the kiss. Haejin obliged, kissing him passionately, and her hands went from gripping his shoulders to snaking around to the back of his neck. They tugged at the roots of his hair there, sending another shock down Kai's spine, and his heart to skip another beat. 

 

Haejin didn't stop there. Her tongue darted out as her lips parted, flickering over Kai's bottom lip. She heard and felt him gasp, and she hesitated, before she felt his tongue begin to wrestle hers. She felt her body begin to shiver; she wasn't used to this, but she continued to kiss him, one hand running through his hair. As they kissed, she adjusted her position so that she was no longer straddling his legs, but so she was straddling his hips. 

 

Kai let out a moan of surprise, and his cheeks grew redder than they were before she had inched her way up his legs. His eyes opened in shock, and he looked around, before closing them again.

 

This wasn't normal. Haejin never went this far, but nonetheless, Kai's hands encircled around her waist, holding her in his arms as they continued to kiss. He was enjoying it, for sure, and he felt that his heart was going to burst out of his chest.

 

Haejin's cheeks were hot and her hands were cold, but she decided to try something else. With one smooth motion, she ed her hips, beginning to grind on him. She heard his breath hitch, before he let out another moan. She rolled her hips again, drawing her tongue back to kiss him passionately once again.

 

Kai moaned in shock, and released her grip on Haejin, his eyes opening once again. A moment passed, before he gasped, as he began to feel something rising from below. He tried to pull away from her. She only leaned in more, and Kai gripped her shoulders and gently pulled her away from him. 

 

"Haejin," he managed to get out, before the both of them began panting from lack of oxygen.

 

"What?" Haejin breathed. Kai his lips, staring at her.

 

"I... You--There's..." Kai looked down, before looking at Haejin. Her expression looked scared, and he looked at her confusedly.

 

"I... I know," she whispered, her eyes wide. "What do I--"

 

"Haejin..." he looked at her, his eyes studying her. "Do you...?"

 

Haejin could feel Kai's through both his and her pants, and she inwardly cried out because this was what she was afraid of... But this was what she had started.

 

Kai looked up at her, his hands still on her shoulders, even though he no longer needed to hold her back.

 

Her body said yes, literally screamed yes just moments ago, but her eyes... Kai gazed into them. Haejin didn't say anything.

 

"Haejin, be honest with me," Kai warned sincerely.

 

Haejin gulped, before she began to shake her head. "No, no I don't. What do I do?"

 

Kai inwardly rolled his eyes, but he showed nothing on the outside. "Just get off," he instructed. "Carefully," he added, seeing how quick she was to move. Haejin turned, and was off of him in a moment. She sat beside him on the bed, her face shielded by her hair, and was silent.

 

Kai was confused, and he played back what had just happened, before he looked at Haejin slowly.

 

"Jongin... You'd love me no matter what, right?" she asked faintly. Kai's gaze softened. 

 

"Of course I would," he replied. "Why?"

 

"So you'd love me... Even if I didn't want to... Have with you, right?"

 

Kai blinked, before the situation clicked in his brain. He breathed in recognition.

 

"Oh, jagiya..." He shook his head, before putting an arm around her to draw her closer. She looked up at him, and his heart broke at how genuinely frightened her expression was. He tightened his grip, before sighing.

 

"Which one was it that told you that you needed to have with me to be loved?"

 

The sentence was harshly worded, but Haejin bit her lip in fear. "Both of them," she whispered. "They didn't say it like that, but they just... They were shocked, to say the least... And it got me thinking that... You know, maybe... I should..." She trailed off, looking down. Kai felt a lump in his throat, before shaking his head and moving so that he was sitting in front of her.

 

"Haejin..." He looked down, shaking his head again, before his gaze met hers. "Don't ever... Ever let someone tell you what time is right for you to make love to your partner, okay?"

 

Haejin looked at him, her eyes uncertain. His were unblinking.

 

"People have different preferences in relationships. Eunjung likes to get things going within the third month. Chohee likes it within a year-- They told me these things; I've asked them before-- Don't ask. What I'm saying is that people are ready for different stages of a relationship at different times. BOTH partners must be ready, and if one of them's not ready, then the other should respect that," he stated.

 

"Jongin..."

 

"If you're not ready, I respect that completely," he replied, silencing her. He leaned in closer, until their foreheads were touching. "I know you're scared... I know. I understand, and respect that, and as your boyfriend, I'm not going to put you through anything you don't want to do. I want you to enjoy these kind of things with me."

 

Haejin felt tears sting her eyes. "But you want to do it, though."

 

"That doesn't matter if I can't do it without you. If you're not happy, then I won't be," he whispered, pulling away to look into her eyes. "Jagi..." he saw her tears. "It's okay." He adjusted his position once again so that he was sitting back. He gently took her hands, and he climbed off of the bed, standing up, pulling her with him. Once she was stnading and in front of him, he wrapped his arms around her and held her.

 

"I'm sorry," Haejin whispered, feeling her voice break and a lump begin to form in .

 

"There's no need to be," Kai whispered, holding her closer. "It's okay." They pulled away, and he reached up to her cheek softly, before kissing her gently.

 

"Thank you," Haejin whispered in relief once they had pulled away.

 

"Anytime, jagiya."

 

Haejin breathed out in relief, before looking back on what had happened. "That was intense," she murmured, and the both of them laughed softly, before Haejin realized something.

 

"What are you going to do about... That?" Haejin gave a downcast glance, and Kai bit his lip and blushed slightly.

 

"Oh, THAT; that'll go away. It's not that bad," he reassured.

 

Haejin nodded in assurance, before her eyes went wide once again.

 

"You mean... Y-you mean it's not fully..." Upon seeing a grin begin to sheepishly creep on Kai's face, her expression went from relieved to horrified.

 

"Are you serious?!"

 

Kai blushed even more, before busting out into laughter. "I wish I wasn't because of the situation right now, but... J-just-- l-let's go to bed, okay?" Kai released his grip on her and quickly but gently pushed her down onto the bed. Haejin let out a squeal, watching as Kai leaped onto the bed as well, throwing the covers over them. He turned off his bedside lamp, his television, and pulled Haejin closer to him. Haejin laughed at how fretful he was, but snuggled into his arms, taking note of how far away his pelvis was from hers.

 

"Goodnight jagiya. I love you," he whispered, traces of humor still in his voice. Haejin managed to giggle, before she kissed him on the nose.

 

"Goodnight, Jongin."

 

divider.png

 

~*~Author's Note~*~

 

Dear lord, am I a mess right now XD

This chapter took all day; I had breaks in-between, but... I had debated splitting it into two chapters, but decided against it as this is a VERY important chapter in this story. Take note of that. ;O

I really hope you're liking this story so far; please let me know!!! I want to appeal to you guys! <3

Anyways, I think that's it for right now. See you soon, lovelies!