Chapter 1

The Wish Your Heart Made

She was dreaming.

She was dreaming, and she dreamt of a large, endless stage. A single light swung, suspended by nothing, in midair. All was silent, save for breathing, which was her own, and it seemed to reverberate through the area.

Curiosity flickered across her features as she looked left, right, then below her. The floor beneath her was black and laminated, and it gleamed as the light hit it, and as she began to walk forward, she could feel it slightly bend beneath her feet.

She walked forward slowly, taking everything in: the backdrop to her right, the emptiness to her left, and what she assumed was the other side of the stage in front of her. The light was a ways off, glowing ever brighter as she approached it.

Suddenly, something moved near the other side of the stage. She had to squint to see the movement, but not for long as a figure came into view. He sauntered over with such grace that she wondered if his feet even touched the floor, or made a sound. Dressed in black leather, the light began to bounce off of him as his clothing was ruffled with his movement. His hair shone under the light, and his lips seemed to catch the light with their slight pucker. 

She walked forward in amazement at this other person, watching as they approached each other. What killed her was that she couldn't see his eyes; such emotion in body language left her begging for his gaze. He kept his eyes downcast as he approached her, his eyes covered by his fringe.

They met in the middle, directly under the light, and she looked up at him.

He was finally looking at her, and she recognized his sultry eyes anywhere. A desire washed over her, and reached out, cupping his face. However, she drew back as soon as she saw his expression.

It was pained, and she wondered why it was so. She felt her brow furrow in concern as she looked up at him.

"What's wrong?" The words were inaudible though she felt her lips open, move, crease, and close.

A moment passed. It seemed like an eternity. Then he spoke.

It was wordless, inaudible, unregistered... She thought she heard a name.

Her name.

...

Haejin.

"Haejin..."

"Haejinnie.."

"Ugh, that's it; JUNG HAEJIN. GET UP." 

Haejin's eyes snapped open, and she screamed.

"What?!" Haejin shot out of bed, knocking over her bedside lamp, her glass of water, and a person in the process.

"Ow!" They both fell.

"Aya, get off me, fattie!"

Haejin felt a hand push her off of the person she had toppled over, and she fell back on her onto the wooden floor. She winced, and her eyes began to focus, and she pushed her hair out of her eyes haphazardly.

Her roommate stared at her with a pout. Haejin in a breath.

"Omo, I'm so sorry, Eunhwa." Haejin stood up, and held out her hand. Eunhwa took it, groaning as she got up.

"Sheesh, no need to attack those who wake you up in the morning, linebacker," she grumbled. Haejin shrugged.

"No need to yell in my ear, voicebox," was her reply. "Goodmorning, by the way." Eunhwa laughed.

"Morning, Haejinnie! And hey; at least it was me that woke you up and not--"

The door to the two girls' shared room banged open. 

In the doorway, a girl stood. Her hair was tied up in a bun on top of her head, and she was still in her nightgown. Dark circles cloaked the underside of her eyes. She smiled widely.

"Oh god."

"Good MORNING, STARSHINE~ THE EARTH SAYS 'HELLO'~" Both girls covered their ears as their dormmate began to sing as loud as she could.

"Minji-ah--"

"GOODMORNING, STARSHINE~"

"Minji--"

"THE EARTH SAYS--"

"The Earth says 'shut up', Unnie!" Eunhwa's foot sweeped forward, and kicked the door closed. 

"Carry on, then..." Upon hearing the disappointed, muffled reply from Minji, they both laughed. They began to laugh harder when they heard her yelling into another room.

Once their laughter died down, they sighed. Eunhwa looked at Haejin.

"How many hours of sleep did you get?"

"Two." Haejin looked at Eunhwa. Her long, shiny black hair was tied into a ponytail, and her crescent-shaped eyes were puffy from just waking up. She was afflicted with dark circles, as well. "You?"

"Three... I'm exhausted." Eunhwa's shoulders slumped. Haejin nodded, before turning around to her bedside table. She sighed.

"I'll clean this up in a bit... Oh." Her eyes locked on a picture frame that was, surprisingly, not knocked over by Haejin's previous episode. Her expression softened as her fingers gently traced it.

"You miss him, don't you?" Eunhwa's voice didn't quite snap Haejin out of her trance, but she was brought back to attention.

"Mmhmm." She studied the frame. It was a picture of a girl and a boy, on the shore of a beach. The boy had his tanned arms around the girl's waist, and he was kissing her cheek. He was dressed in a plaid shirt, and shorts.  The girl was smiling and blushing, and her arms were wrapped around his torso. Her long hair was flowing in the wind, as was her white sundress, which was almost as white as her pale, flawless skin.

The girl was her. The boy was her boyfriend, Kai. A sad smile graced her features.

"Oh, jagi..." Eunhwa hugged Haejin from behind. "He'll be back from Russia soon; they'll all be back soon."

"I know..." Haejin sighed, before turning to her roommate.  "Alrighty... Ready to hit the ground running?"

Eunhwa clenched her fists, and her jaw was set. "About as ready as I'm going to get."

"Here we go..." Haejin opened their door. Immediately they were hit by the glare of the living room light, the sound of several pairs of feet rushing and scuttling about, and yelling. 

"Into the warzone that is our dorm," Haejin finished.

Haejin and Eunhwa lived with five other girls, and mornings were the absolute worst due to the fact that everyone needed in the bathroom, and there was only one. They had one hour before their manager showed up to pick them up to take them to their schedule.

"I call bathroom first," she blurted, before dashing to the bathroom. "Get out of there," she yelled teasingly to whomever was in the shower.  "I need to shower, and if you don't move your , I'll flush the toilet and burn you alive in there!*"

divider.png

~*~Author's Note~*~ 

So this is the first chapter... Of the sequel... *emotional for no reason* T_T OTL This fic just gets my feels up, guys!

Did you guys like it? Don't worry; EXO and other groups will show up very, very soon! I just needed to get Haejin's perspective and intro out there. I hope you guys weren't too bored; I tried to make it funny ><

AND HOLY CRAP, 25+ SUBS AND THE FIRST CHAPTER WASN'T EVEN UP YET OTL OTL OTL You guys... T_T Thank you so much... Please continue to support, and I will work hard to keep you guys reading!! <33333

* - I feel like I should put up a reference to my last sentence: in the city (at least to my knowledge), if someone flushes the toilet while another person is in the shower, the shower water suddenly becomes extremely hot. That was what Haejin meant. :P