EPILOGUE

NO LOVE

EPILOGUE

 

 

After 4 years…

 

 

 

“Sir, you have a meeting at 1pm with Mr. Kim and 2pm with Mr. Choi then you-“ I cut her off. She close immediately. I roll my eyes.

“Stop. I don’t want any appointments today so, cancel all of that. Then reschedule it. I want relax at least for this day.” I said and stand up from my chair.

“But sir this are important persons and it’s really hard to get a schedule with them.” She whine with small voice and look down. I arc an eye brow at her.

“Are you complaining Ms. Jung?” I ask and cross my arms on my chest. She shook her head in anxious. I saw her hands began to tremble while she holds the folders. I sigh and massage my temple in stress.

“Please, just this once give me a break.” I plead. She gasp then gulp. I look at her with puppy eyes. She bit her lip and nod. I snicker and give her a smug face. No one can resist my puppy face.

“Well, thank you. You may my office now.” I stated and smile. She smile back without looking at me. I also saw her flush before walking out of my room. Jeez. I’m so handsome. I can make any girl fall with just a smile. I look around my office. It is spacious for a man work with. In the middle, it has four sofas surrounding a mini table. Behind that lies my working table with piles working papers on it. The walls are surrounded with my paintings. Paintings that I made before I become the CEO of our company 2 years ago. My mom was too old to handle a business, she suffered in several illness leaving me no choice to take over the company but the good thing is she’s alive though I lost some time for myself. Now, I understand why mom had no time spend some time with me when I was a child. I run my fingers through my hair at that thought. I really need a break. I think I’m going to be crazy in this room. I grab my coat and leave the office. As I walk, every person I meet bow down to me and two years of this will get you used to it. So, I held up my chin and walk with confident. Finally, I exited the building and my driver was already waiting for me.

“You can have a break. I’ll drive.” I said to my driver. He just nod and bow then leaves. I reach the driver’s seat then drive back to my house. I shower and change my clothes. I went to my art room and survey it. Nothing has change. I smile a little and grab my art materials. I went out and go to my favorite spot. Here beside the river, under the bridge. I sat on the grass and prepare my materials. I was about to paint when I heard a scream.

“KYAAAAHHHH!!!” and before I knew it I drop the canvas and catch the little girl who’s about to fall on the river. I hold her in my arms and her eyes are shut with her both hands clenched with fear.

“Husshh. It’s alright. You’re safe.” I said softly. She slowly open her eyes. It was beautiful. She has an attractive bright ocean blue eyes that remind me of someone. She blink then a smile slowly form on her lips and hug me. I’m stunned.

“Tenk you mista. You’re ma hero.” She said with the sweetest voice I ever heard. I pull away and ruffle her hair. I smile at her.

“It’s my pleasure, young lady. What’s your name?” I ask and help her stand up. She dust off and about to answer. When we both hear a yell.

“Ace!!!” I froze in that voice. I know that voice.

“Mommy!” the little girl scream back and run away towards that voice but I keep my  gaze on the ground not bothering to look at them.

“Where have you been? I’m so worried about you…” her voice makes me shiver. My hands began to tremble.

“I’m ok. Mommy. Mista save me fom fallin” then I heard the little girl giggle. My heart starts to pound. It was beating wildly. My knees become like jelly. I stoop my head and focus my gaze on the ground.

“Who?” her voice makes my body weak.

“Him!” I heard the little girl scream. I flinch and close my eyes hoping they leave immediately but I heard their footsteps getting nearer. I inhale and let out a deep sigh.

“Excuse me, mister.” She said as she poke me. I stand up and clear my throat then slowly turn to her. I knew it! it was her! It’s Amber! She looks the same with her boy cut hair though her face mature a little. Her eyes widened as she saw me. Good thing, I master how to control my expression in this past few years.  

“Yes?” I asked casually as if nothing happened. She open to say something but no words came out. She was dumbfounded. I look at her with my cold eyes but she look away immediately.

“Thank you for saving my daughter.” She mumble. Daughter? My heart sting in that word. So, she now have a family. What happened this past few years to her? I put my hands inside my pocket and tried to push away the thoughts. I promise myself not to think about her anymore.

“No problem. What’s her name?” I asked and shift my gaze to the little girl who is smiling so widely.

“Ace…” she stated and grab the little girl’s hand. Ace? I suddenly remember the dog I gave to her. My body tensed but I tried to smile.

“Nice name. By the way, how are you?” I ask. She step back a little.

“Ahm. I’m alright.” She utter. Ace jumps and ran into me. I look down at her.

“Mista, wat is you name?” she ask as she hug me. I smile at her.

“I’m Kris, your mommy’s FRIEND.” I said, emphasizing on the word friend and look up to Amber. Who look down.

“Really? Then you are my daddy?” Ace said then giggle. My eyes widened with her words. Daddy? An overflowing happiness run my veins but it vanishes as I think what happened in the past. I shook my head.

“Sorry but I’m not your Daddy” I said then bend down to caress her cheeks. Her lips curved and look down. She look so disappointed.

“Come on Ace, we have to go.” Amber said while waving her hand to Ace. Ace look at me and grin.

“Can Daddy come wit us?” my eyes widened as I glance at Amber who’s in shock as well but she just smile and nod.

“It depends on him, baby.” She said cheerfully. What the hell is happening? Am I dreaming? Ace pull out the hem of shirt.

“Can you come wid us in amusement pak?” she said then do an aegyo. Oh come on. How can I resist this child? I nod hopelessly. She jump in joy and hug me again.

“Ok. Let me fix my things first.” I said. She ran back to Amber and hold her hand. Meanwhile, I still convincing myself that this is not a dream.

After a while, we reached the amusement park. I hold Ace’s left hand while Amber on the other. From afar, we really look like a family though that I wish I we had but that is impossible now.

“I want horsy horse!” Ace exclaimed. I chuckle with her enthusiasm. She might get it from Amber. We went to the carousel and ride. I sat to one of the horses and watch Ace as she goes around just like Amber before. Ugh. Why do I keep comparing them? I flinch when someone poke me.

“Kris…” Amber said as she stand beside me.

“What?” I asked nonchanlantly and keep my gaze on Ace.

“I heard your doing good this past few years…” she said but almost a whisper. Yeah, I think so too but how ironic that I haven’t heard a single news about you. I said in my mind. I just nod at her but still not looking. Silence surrounds us.

“Who’s her father?” I suddenly asked. I think my mouth has it’s own mouth. Damn it.

“Gone.” She simply said. I shift my head and look at her.

“Sorry…” I apologize. She shook her head.

“No need. I mean…I found her on the street.” She said then smile. I look at her confused.

“Ha?” I gape at her.

“3 years ago, I was walking in the street then I heard someone crying then I found a new born baby and it was Ace. Since then, I take care of her.” she explained. Oh? So, she’s not married yet? I feel like the heavy stone lifted on my heart. I feel relieve but why? Do I still love her? but I moved on am I?

“Ohh. Ok…so you…ah… don’t have any boyfriend…yet?” I stammer. Why did I even asked that?! Stupid! Now, I really can’t look at her. I heard her giggle.

“You’re still the same old Kris.” She said while laughing. I look at her confused.

“What?” I asked cluelessly. She step forward and lean closer.

“No, I don’t have because it’s always been you…” she said then smile at the same time the ride had finished. I’m stunned. My heart flutters and my stomach is churning.

“mommy! I want to ride ferris wheel!” Ace plead while I’m still astonished. I don’t know how I manage to ride at it.

“Are you ok?” Amber asked while putting his hand on my shoulders. Her touch makes me shiver as always. I snicker.

“If it’s always me, why do you have to leave?” I asked unbelievably.

“Are you fighting, mommy?” Ace asked worriedly. Amber shook her head at her.

“No, baby. We’re just talking.” She comfort then Ace continue to look at the view.

“as for you, I told you that my it’s my Dad orders if I don’t obey things will get only worse and look at you! You’re a successful!” she reason out.

“What will I do with this riches if I don’t have you on my side?” I blurted out. She just smile.

“Who said that I couldn’t be at your side?” she shot back. I look at her unbelievably.

“so this means…you will stay at my side?” I ask. She nod and smile widely.

“Can I kiss you right now?” I ask, she just laugh and shook her head.

“No, Ace is here.” she said then pull Ace beside our middle. I frown. I squinted my eyes on her.

“Be ready later.” She just laugh and whisper something to Ace.

 

 

“Yey! I have a mommy and daddy!” she screamed and wrap her hands around our arms making the cable car to wiggle a little.

“Argh. Ace! Don’t move to much!” I panic and cling to her. They both laugh at me. Seriously?!

“Weak Daddy!” Ace teased. Oh great. Another teaser was added to my life. I sigh and smile at them…This two girls that I will love forever.