Chapter 11 - News

NO LOVE
 
Note: italized words are flashbacks/dreams.
Chapter 11 - News
 
 
 
 
 
KRIS WU'S POINT OF VIEW
 
I was starting my masterpiece when I heard my phone ring. Maybe its Amber. I press the answer button.
 
"Hello?Who's this?" I said and smile.Hoping that it is Amber.
 
"Kris...This your mom." I stiffened as soon as I heard her voice. She sound so serious. My hands start to sweat. My mouth goes dry. I can't even say a word. Why does she have to call me? To tell you honestly, my mom and I are not in good terms that's why I choose to study here in Korea. It's a long story to tell.
 
"Kris. Listen to me. I just arrived here in Korea and I'm not calling you to fetch me but we really need to meet. I need to discuss some matter with you." She said, as always with bossy tone. I grip on my phone. I hate it when she orders me like that. I feel like a robot being controlled. I hate being controlled. I sigh. But she sound so serious maybe this is an important matter. She will not come here in Korea if it is not important, right?
 
"I got it. Mom. Where and when?" I asked nonchalantly. I stand up and went to my room while holding the phone.
 
"Cube restaurant. Meet me there at 6pm." She said then hang up the phone. I fall on the bed and cover my eyes with my arm.
 
 
 
 
 
"waahh! Mom! I really love your cookies! This is the best cookies in the world!" I said as I complement her. We are in the kitchen as I watch her make my favorite cookies. She smile widely and pinch my cheeks.
 
"Oh you little cutie pie! You always make mommy flattered." She said then laugh. I frown and push her hands away from my cheeks. Then I smile again.
 
"I'm just telling the truth mom! You know kids don't lie." I said then laugh as I pick a cookies again. She shook her head while smirking.
 
"I love you, baby!" She said then kiss me on the cheeks. I make face then wipe my cheeks.
 
"I love you too mom! But don't kiss me again like that. Its so gross." I said. She laugh and pat my head.
 
"Kris. I want you to remember something..." She said with serious voice. I look at her through my eyelashes as I blink my eyes.
 
"What is it?" I asked innocently. She suddenly stops on what she is doing and lift me on the table so we can be face to face.
 
"No matter what happen Mommy will always love you...whatever happens don't forget that I always think what is best for you. Don't hate mommy in the future. Please." She said then try to smile. I wrap my small arms on her neck and hug her.
 
"I will not forget that mommy. I love you too..." I whisper to her ears. I suddenly feel her hug tightens. I smile even though I can't understand why she's telling me that.
 
 
 
 
 
I woke up from the beeping sound of my phone. I fell asleep? It's just a dream? I sit on the edge of my bed. No. Its not a dream. Its one of the beautiful memories I had when I was a child. I sigh. I wish I could turn back time when I worry nothing and everything is fine. I stand up and ready myself for the meeting later. After a while, I'm done. I'm wearing a white t-shirt partnered with a grey coat and a black jeans. I went out of the house and straight through the restaurant. When I arrived there she's already there. I gulp. I slowly walk to her table. How long it been since the last time I saw her? I reached her table and I'm standing in front of her. She looked at me bewildered. She stand up and suddenly hugged me. I gasp and step back. She put down her arms and fixed her dress.
 
"Sorry..." she mutter as she sit. I also take my sit. Silence surrounds us.
 
"Ugh. I hope you don't mind, I already ordered our food." She said then smile. I nod and look at her with blank expression.
 
"What do you want to tell me? What is this important matter all about?" I directly asked. Her smile slowly fades as she put her serious expression. She clear .
 
"I will be straight to the point. Our company is going down and we need investors." She said as she take a deep breathe. I still wear my blank expression.
 
"What does it have to with me?" I asked. She sigh and close her eyes for a second.
 
"There is one investor who wants to help us...." She said cutting her words. It adds suspense on what she's going to say and it making me ing nervous. I don't have a good feeling about this. Before I could speak again...
 
"But...In return you need to marry his daughter." She said. I gape at her.
 
"WHAT?!" I exclaimed as I stand up. She gesture me to sit down. I sit down but I look at her furiously.
 
"Kris...just-" I cut off what she's going to say.
 
"NO. I don't want to get involve in your business. Its not my problem. Its yours." I said firmly. She suddenly look down and sigh.
 
"Please...Kris...help us...ME.This is only thing left by your father." She explained with her eyes are teary. I look away amd sigh.
 
"Give some time to think about it." I said and stand up then leave the restaurant. I know its rude but I'm really angry. She always make a decision without consulting me. How can she do that? I feel like I'm being bargain with business. It really hurts me. While I walk along the pavements, I saw a familiar figure. Its Key! I don't know what force me to follow him but I'm curious on where he is going. He entered a restaurant and since the it windows are glass I can see on what on the inside. I saw him sit beside a girl but its definitely not Amber. Before he sit, he suddenly kissed the girl on the lips. What the hell? I thought he's Amber's boyfriend then why is he kissing other girl?! He's cheating! I knew it. He's really not serious with Amber! The anger I feel earlier is replaced with rage. My fist clenched as I gritted my teeth. I want to kick his right now but I don't want scene. I deeply inhale. What the hell is going on my life? First, the arranged marriage then this? Amber's Boyfriend is cheating on her. I'm frustrated. I don't know what to do anymore...