Chapter 15 - Wolf

NO LOVE
Chapter 15 - Wolf
 
 
 
 
 
AUTHOR'S POINT OF VIEW
 
Kris and Amber are walking in the park. A day before this, Kris promise Amber that he will make her happy and forget about Key. They walk hand in hand while talking some topics. Kris was confuse or rather afraid if he will tell Amber his darkest secret. They've been friends for months and that span of time, he already fall inlove with her. He grip on Amber's hand. She look at him wandering.
 
"What's the problem? Is there anything wrong?" She asked. Kris shook his head and a small smile form on his lips. "Nah. Its nothing. Don't mind me. Anyways, are you getting bored? I mean, we're just walking around..." Kris said unsurely. Amber genuinely smile and answered, "No, I'm not getting bored when I'm with you." She said sweetly. Kris heart pounds again. His nervous grew."Uh-Amber-uh..." He said stammering. Amber furrowed her eyebrow and slid off her hands to Kris. She face Kris and look directly into his eyes. But Kris avoid her gaze.
 
"I want to confess something to you..." Kris said almost a whisper. Amber step back and listen carefully on what Kris is going to say. "I love you..." He said without taking his eyes off her. Amber jaws drop and she try to digest what Kris has just said. I love you. I love you. I love you. That three word phrase keep on repeating on Amber's mind. She didn't know how to react nor how will she respond to that. That confession was so unexpected and she didn't thought that Kris will fall for her. It never cross her mind.
 
"I know you just broke up recently and not ready for another relationship. I'm not expecting anything in return from you but atleast can you give me a chance to prove myself to you? Please..." Kris begged. Amber was dumbfounded. She couldn't say a word and unknowingly she nods. Kris give her a assuring look. "Is that yes?" He asked and once again Amber nod. Kris' smile met his ears and he suddenly hug Amber. Amber was still in the state of shock and couldn't move a muscle. Then she just realize that she was also smiling and hugging Kris. They stay like that for a few minutes and decided to pull away at each other. Awkward surrounds them.
 
"I...uh..." Amber didn't know what to say but she was surprised when Kris wrap his arm around her shoulder and whispers, "Now, that you know that I love you. I'll confess another...but we need to get to the woods..." Amber look at him with confused look at same time feeling of nervous and fear but she'll come anyway. Kris guided her to the woods behind the park. They reach the middle of the woods where no one can see them. Amber felt really nervous and scared.
 
"What are we doing here?" Amber ask trying to hide her fear. Kris look directly to her weary eyes. "I love you and I don't want to hide anything from you...even my darkest secret..." Kris said seriously and began to take off his shirt. Amber's eyes widened. "Woah! Wait. What are you doing?" She exclaimed as she step backward. Kris is now half and he kneel on ground as his black eyes change into shinning red. In a second, a big black wolf stand before Amber's eyes. The red eyes of the wolf stared at her. Her eyes are wide open with a shallow breathing. She was going to panic.
 
'Relax, its me. Kris. I'm not gonna hurt you. I can also read minds and this what I'm trying to say to you. You're free to runaway if your scared. I understand. This is my darkest secret. I'm a WOLF'. A voice pop up in Amber's head. She look directly to his red eyes and have a clear look. She realize that those eyes were beautiful. She step forward. Kris' wolf stands still. She touch Kris head. 'His fur was so soft. Making me feel that I want to touch it longer. What? Damn it Amber. What were you thinking?!' Amber thought. Kris make a soft growl making Amber jerk. 'You can touch me whenever you want. Hahah. Don't forget that I can read your mind while I'm on this form.' Kris said in her mind. Amber's eyes widened and flush but she shrug it off. Amber caress his fur on the back then Kris grind his head to her legs. He looks like a pet dog (only bigger). In a minute, they both laying on the ground. Kris was underneath Amber's head. Amber chuckles as Kris wiggles his tail. 'Amber! Amber! Amber!'
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Amber!" Kris yelled as he tap her shoulders. Amber harshly woke up and squinted her eyes on Kris. She soften her look as she realize that it was Kris. She caress his cheeks. He furrowed his eyebrows.
 
"Are you a wolf?" She exclaimed. "Huh? What are you saying?!" He said as he step back.
 
"bu-but I remember you transform into a big black wolf and you can read minds!" She explain and then Kris suddenly laugh. He shook his head.
 
"That's what you get by reading all those....those wolf books or whatever you call it. Ahahahahah. Sorry to say but you're dreaming missy!" He tease making Amber frown.
 
"Let's go. The school has just ended. You amaze me. You sleep the whole history class without getting caught by the teacher." He mock her as they both walk out the room. Kris decided to walk Amber to her home. While they are walking on the pavements, Amber remember something...
 
"I remember something about my dream..." She said. Kris roll his eyes and thought that this will be something about wolves again. "What is it?" He said nonchalantly.
 
"In my dream, you confess to me that you love me." She said then Kris stiffened. He look at Amber who is looking at the road. His words left him and his heart beats faster.
 
"and that was ridiculous. I mean you? Falling in love with me. That is so impossible." Amber said while she chuckles. A part of Kris heart just torn. He is hurt. It's not impossible. I'm really falling for you. I wish I can be the Kris just like in your dream. The one with courage to say those phrase to you. Kris thought as he look down. "!" Amber cursed making Kris to lift up his head then he saw Key standing in front of them. His blood boils.
 
"What are you doing here?!" Kris asked while gritting his teeth. Key look at him in blank expression.
 
"I just want to talk to Amber...I want to explain everything to her." he said then shift his eye to Amber and look at her with teary eyes.
 
"You can't! You already hurt her and I'm warning you! If come close to her, I will rip your throat off!" Kris shouted but Key just narrow his eyes on him and move closer to them. Kris can't control his anger anymore and he punch Key to his face making him fall on the ground. He tried to get up but another punch was thrown on him. Key split blood. Kris was about to kick him, Amber stop her. "Stop" she whispers. Kris hold back and deeply inhale. Amber help Key to stand up.
 
"So, your gonna hear my explanation?" Key ask with little hope on his voice. Amber let go of Key's shoulder then she look at him and slowly nod. Key smiles. "But! Kris should come!" She said firmly. Key's smile slowly fades and Kris snickered with a triumphant smile on his face.