Chapter 20 - Island

NO LOVE

Chapter 20 – Island

 

 

 

 

AMBER LUI’S POINT OF VIEW

 

I wake up as I feel the sun touches my skin. Where am I? I’m lying in a soft bed, a huge window on my right side. The door opens and caught my attention. Kris walk in with a smile plastered on his face. I look at him with confusion.

“How did I end up here? Last time I remember. We’re on the plane and then I fell asleep then…I don’t remember what happen next.” I said shyly and scratch the back of my head. He chuckled and walk closer to me.

“You’re too tired and I don’t want to wake you up so I decided to carry you until here.” he shrug but suddenly I feel the heat on my cheeks. I look away. Why am I embarrassed?

“You should’ve wake me.” I mumble. He ruffles my hair. I whined.

“Stand up and eat piggy.” He teased.

“I’m not a piggy!” I shout and pout. His eyebrows suddenly furrowed.

“Don’t pout.” He said seriously. I look at him confused again.

“Why?” I asked as I stand up and fix my bed.

“Because I’m tempted to kiss you.” He said with his deep voice. I look at him, shocked as my heart beats fast. He’s tempted to kiss me? I gulp. He smirk.

“Hahaha. Your expression was priceless. Hurry up. Piggy. I’m going to show something after we eat.” He said then laugh as walk out the door.

“Kyaaaahhh! Kris! What are you doing to me?!” I scream as I put my both hands to my cheeks. After I calm myself, I went out and I saw a tropical interior design. This place is so relaxing.

I walk a little more and I finally saw Kris drinking coffee as he read the newspaper. He look cool though. I walk over to him and he put down the newspaper.

“Hurry and finish your food. We’re going somewhere.” He said as he take a sip. I sit down and salute.

“Yes boss!” I joked and eat.

After a while I finish my breakfast and he suddenly hold my hand then drag outside the house. My eyes widened when I saw the blue ocean attached with white sand. Why I didn’t the ocean waves before?

“Oh my gad.” I unknowingly mutter.

“Good thing you like it.” He said as he wrap his arm around and walk.

“I want to swim.” I said like bratty child. I really want to swim right now.

“Not yet. Piggy.” He said and drag me again. As we walk he hold my hand. I feel different now. My heart is beating faster again. Am I sick? I feel shiver all over my body. I didn’t realize that we reach the open field.

“What are we doing here?” I asked. He just smile. I saw a sea plane. Are we going to ride on that? A middle-age man approach us.

“Sir, the plane is ready.” He said. Kris just nod and smile. He turn his head on me.

“Hop on. Piggy!” he said then chuckles. I gape at him.

“You know how to drive this thing?” I said, surprised. He nod with a wide smile on his face. My mind is absent as hop on the plane. Seriously? What things he can’t do? He got everything! Money, looks, talent, body? What more? I sit beside the pilot’s seat which him. He help me buckle my seatbelt since I’m quite ignorant on this things. He’s face was so close and I can feel his breathe.

“I want to show you the beauty of this place and how fun to be up there…” He said as he start the engine. The plane starts to go up. I fell my stomach goes upside down. In a minute, we’re in the air. I look outside and I saw the whole island. This is the beauty his talking about. 

 

 

“This island was from Victoria’s grandfather. Our mother never knew this place though.” He stated. I don’t answer since I was too busy admiring the view.

“Hold on tight!” he screamed and my hands automatically hold on to the safety handle. He goes on a loop. I feel like I’m on a roller coaster! This is fun!

After an hour, the ride is done. I frown. I want more. My adrenaline starts to excite.

“I want more.” I whined. He shook his head and laugh.

“Tomorrow. Let’s rest for a while and we’ll swim after.” He said and guide me down the plane. Swimming? That’s sound fun!

“Ok!” I said cheerfully. Wait!

“You said this was from Victoria’s grandfather right? So she’s also coming here?” I asked. He smile and nod. I huge smile slowly form on my lips. This is going to be fun!