Chapter 19 – Runaway

NO LOVE

Chapter 19 – Runaway

 

 

 

KRIS WU’S POINT OF VIEW

 

 

“Do you have any idea about this?” I asked Victoria. We are now on the garden of the restaurant. She shook his head and frown.

“Just like you I was also surprised.” She said then let out a deep sigh.

“Look, let’s get straight to the point, I don’t want. You don’t want me. Help me cancel this arrange marriage.” I said directly to her. She smirk.

“Who says I don’t like you?” she said with a flirty voice and smile. I gape at her. Then she laugh.

“Hahahah. Your face was priceless! I was only joking! I already have a boyfriend and I love him SO MUCH. I also want to help you cancel this marriage but I don’t have any idea how.” She continued. I relieve. I fan myself using my hand.

“That’s not a good joke. You scared me and also I love someone else too. Can’t you just tell your mother to cancel it?” I suggested. She shook her head and look down.

“If it was that easy, you think we’ll be in this situation?” she said sadly. “My mom acts like a boss than a mother to me and I’m telling you she’s really scary if she gets angry. How about you? Have you tried?” She added. That sounds familiar. I nod.

“I tried so many times but just like you’re my mom…my mom acts like a boss and will do whatever she want to do with me.” I stated sadly. We both sigh and stare at the space. We both don’t love each other for us to get married. Why life is so unfair? Right now, I’m worried about Amber…what if she knows about it? What will she react?

“Do you love Amber?” she suddenly asked. My heart suddenly beats faster and I look at him with wide eyes.

“How did you know?” I ask, surprised. She giggle.

“I knew it. The way you look at her earlier in the café. There’s a spark in your eyes when you look at her.” She said then smile. Really? Am I that obvious? I shrug. I can’t help myself from falling for her.

“so, what are we going to do now?” she cried and look down. I cover my face with my hands. We’re really frustrated about this. Damn it!

“why don’t you runaway with Amber and I runaway with my boyfriend?” she suddenly suggested. I slowly turn my face to her. Is she serious?

“What? I’m serious! I don’t want to get married with you!” she exclaimed. I laugh a little but I’m considering her suggestion.

“Then what about our parents? What are you going to do with them? I sure they will find us.” I asked then she grin. I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

“I know a place that they don’t know. Let just wait to cool off their head then let’s talk to them regarding this issue.” She said with a triumph smile on her face. I smile back. Her sounds good plus I can have a solo moment with Amber.

“I thought you have no idea about canceling this marriage?” I joked and she shrug. We both laugh.

 

 

 

AMBER LUI’S POINT OF VIEW

 

 

 

I was lying on my bed with Ace on my side. “Baby Ace? What are we going to do? I’m so bored.” I said to him. He just bark. Great. What can I expect? He’s just a dog. Its weekend and I’m so boooreeed. Seriously. I have nothing to do. Then I heard a loud knock on my door. I jerk and Ace run to the door. Who can it be? I open then I saw Kris. Dejavu? I think this scene happened before the only difference is that he’s not drunk but catching his breath.

“What’s going on?” I asked, confused. Then I notice his bag on the floor. He looks like running away. He ignore me and enter my room. He harshly close the door.

“Pack your things. Hurry!” he said panicky. I furrowed my eyebrows and look at him in the eyes.

“Can you tell me what is going on?” I ask frustratedly. He sigh and sit. He run his hands through his with frustration. He look so tired.

“Let’s have a vacation.” He said seriously. What? As in right now?

“Are you crazy? Vacation in the middle of school year? What is going on?” I ask, confused. He shrug.

“Nothing I just want to.” He shrug. I squinted my eyes on him. Something is not right.

“Tell me the truth Kris. I know you.” I said seriously as I look directly to his eyes. He look away.

“Fine. You got me.” He state surrendering. I sit beside him.

“ I want you to runaway with me.” He said while playing with his fingers. I gape at him.

“What? Why? Runaway? From who?” I ask him in disbelief. He bite his lower lip.

“From my mother. She wants me to join an arrange marriage which I don’t want to happen.” He explain. I’m so speechless. I didn’t this kind of thing happened in 20th century. This is just too old.

“That’s cruel…” I blurted out. He nod and look at my eyes.

“So, are you willing to runaway with me?” he suddenly asks. I lean back surprise by his question. I remained silent for a minute. Then I nod.

“yes, I’m willing to runaway with you.