2

One chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Once the door of that large metal box closed and Donghae’s figure disappeared together behind it, a drop of crystal clear liquid begin to slide down on Eunhyuk’s cheek, the bright smiled still colored his face. Though there was a hard pain in his chest, but at the same time his heart felt light. He felt happy because he had made the person he loves happy. He's finally able to make Donghae happy.

Eunhyuk felt his energy level suddenly decreased and abruptly lost all his strength to stand on his own feet. Crouching down on the floor with his back touched the metal wall; Eunhyuk just let the tears fell down and a soft sobs starts echoed in that small space.

After it felt like forever, Eunhyuk slowly, hesitantly lifted up his head when he felt a gentle touch on his head. Instantly, his eyes met a pair of brown eyes. There’s a little boy in white clothes standing in front him, the one that patting his head earlier. The little boy is smiling bright to him.

"As a nice person as hyung is, hyung too will found a true happiness soon.” Said the little boy, while his little fingers went to wipe the warm liquid that still continued to fall.

“Thank you….” Eunhyuk said, his voice come out so hoarse due to his quite long cry. The same bright smile had found its way on Eunhyuk's face.  And after a while as he calmed down a bit, Eunhyuk stand up on his feet again, take his turn to ruffle that little boy's hair.

“This is for you, hyung.” The little boy speaks again, nudging a white rose forward to Eunhyuk.

“Thank you… little boy ah.” He whispered sincerely while wrapped his fingers around the slim stem. At that moment, no other words could convey his feeling. That little boy presence seemed able to calm his heart again. The world that’s just crumbled the moment when he loses Donghae a while ago seemed got back to normal. Not really normal, but it as if the emptiness in his heart was filled again with something like hope and dream. Just like that, with a ding, the elevator then came to a stop and the metal door automatically opens wide.

“Bye, hyung.” The little boy said again, waving to Eunhyuk before runs out.

Eunhyuk too, walked out of the elevator and leave the hotel building with a light step, literally.

 

-----

 

He’s walking out of the bedroom to get some late night snack; cocked an eyebrow at the sight of Donghae’s frozen body, which was standing in an empty doorway. “Hey…” He called. But when there’s no responded back, he slowly walking over to him only to meet with Donghae’s stony face. “Hey, didn’t you hear me?” He pushed Donghae, forcing him to turn to face him. As if he was just coming out from a long dream, Donghae snapped out. “What’s going on? Did someone come?” Donghae looked at him, but his eyes still weren’t focused.

“… Eunhyuk…”

“What’s wrong with him?”

Donghae looked down, then back up, but his face was still blank. He’s like someone who’s just come back from a very long comatose with no memories left to him. “Eunhyuk divorced me.”

His friend’s face immediately twisted with anger. “What the are you doing, Lee Donghae?” he shouted, shoved Donghae out the door. “Did you realize what you just did? You crazy bastard, why you let it happened?”

“Because… I… I don’t love….” he responded, extremely confused.

“You do love him, you cold bastard! You just don’t realize it because you don’t ing know what love is!” he growled, fists clenched hard.

“I do know what love is!” Donghae responded stubbornly, refused to admit his real feeling. Really, if he loves Eunhyuk, he would never treat him like that. He would never get angry every time he was with him.

“No, you don’t! I can swear that you do really love him. That’s why you’ve been acting like a little kid with a ing crush! You do really love him, I ing swear Donghae.” He shoved Donghae again, jabbing a finger down the hall. “Go after him now! Go! Before you lose him completely!” he shouted more, so that Donghae would finally wake up from his childish dreamland.

Abruptly Donghae jerked to the side, stumbling and sprinting down the hallway straight to the elevator, punching the going down button over and over again. As he waits patiently for the elevator to stop down at the ground floor, a smile then bloomed on his face.

Somehow, he knows now that the warmth he always felt in his heart is not anger. The warmth is actually the thing that made him feel safe and secure.  He just realizes it now because the moment when Eunhyuk set him free, the warmth suddenly disappeared just like that; he felt cold, lonely and lost. His world suddenly turned black just when Eunhyuk walked away. For the first time, he felt really scared as if he was alone, living in this scary world.

Knowing the fact that Eunhyuk is the only one for him, the bursting in his chest is returned again. Eunhyuk is now waiting for him. He’s waiting for him in their house. Like always, he would welcome him with his smiles. Because Eunhyuk would always be there for him. If he hurries and catches him and tells him that he too loves him, Eunhyuk is the only one for Donghae; then they can finally be together.

Just like how Eunhyuk made him felt every different kind of emotions, he too wants make Eunhyuk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter