10

One chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Another week passed yet, and there’s not much different between the first week and the second week of Eunhyuk’s consciousness. Accept that he doesn’t need to use wheelchair anymore as all his muscles have already fully ‘wake up’ from the sleep. Because practices make it perfect, after one week going through the physiotherapy he managed to walk alone again. But sometimes his legs would wobble too.

“Hey…” the moment Donghae stepped inside the room, his smile widened when he saw Eunhyuk is busy reading the book he bought yesterday in the bed.

Eunhyuk glances at him just for one second before continued his reading back.

“So how’s today, getting better?”

Donghae walks further into towards the glass vase on the table at the corner of the room to replace the flower from yesterday with newly, fresh flowers. He wants the natural fragrance filled the room. He knows that Eunhyuk love natural scent. Finished his touched over the flowers, he then walked over to Eunhyuk’s bed thus give away a kiss on his forehead.

Eunhyuk simply just let Donghae’s action, doesn’t reject such affectionate anymore. That’s one of the changes which Donghae had noticed. That thought had brought another smile on his face. And although Eunhyuk didn’t talk, but he listen. Donghae know that Eunhyuk listened to every word that he said.  Different from the first week, which Eunhyuk subtlety avoids him, now Eunhyuk would listen. Though he didn’t respond to every question, but Eunhyuk’s body language replied him. And that’s enough, Donghae didn’t mind it.

“I just meet Dr. Han.” At that statement, Eunhyuk lifted up his head from the book and looked over at Donghae. Knowing that he got Eunhyuk’s attention fully, he smiled bright. “You know what he said?” Donghae asked trying to solicit a conversation with the other.

Eunhyuk frowned as a sign of dissatisfaction before shake his head.

“He said that you’re ready to be dispatch. It’s either this evening or tomorrow morning.”

Eunhyuk stared at Donghae asked for an assurance. Knowing what that look mean, he smiles and nods. Getting what he wants, Eunhyuk’s smile starts to bloom.

“He’ll tell again soon when you really can be dispatch.” Donghae continued to add the good news. “Have you eaten yet?”

With the smiles still on his face, Eunhyuk then shake his head.

Donghae then immediately stand up and walk over to take the porridge on the table, the newly made porridge that he brought just now also. He knows that Eunhyuk hate the hospital’s food, that’s why he would always bring the porridge made by him every time he comes.

“Here… have some of this.”

And Eunhyuk didn’t reject when Donghae try to feed him. The news about his dispatch delighted him so much till he forgets about almost everything.  Staying so long in the hospital is very tedious, now it’s time for him to enjoy the outside world.

While Donghae at the moment take the opportunity to staring at Eunhyuk’s smiling face.  Seemed so long since he last saw that real bright smile, maybe 10 years ago.

And Donghae keep on feeding him till the last drop of the porridge. Till then Eunhyuk is still smiling happily. Donghae’s heart also cheerfully blossom.

“Okay….” Donghae starts the conversation again, breaking the silence when the porridge left empty. “I really don’t wanna leave you but I have the share-holders meeting after this. So, I can’t cancel it.” he said in much frustration at the thought of leaving Eunhyuk again. He had just come for few minutes ago, though he had been there for almost two hours already. “I’ll come again after the meeting end, okay…”

Eunhyuk just nodded.

Donghae smiles again at Eunhyuk’s obedience and friendly acted today. And he too, compares to any other days that passed, today is the day that he had smiles a lot. Because today, he can see Eunhyuk’s real smile again. Pure and sincere.

“I gotta go now…” he continued glancing over his wristwatch. In a blink of eye, he gives a kiss on Eunhyuk’s cheek and forehead.  Though his initial intention is wanting to capture those plump lips with his own, but he’s afraid that it would offend Eunhyuk’s feeling and causing this 'new-friendly-Eunhyuk' to be back into ‘reactionless-Eunhyuk' again, so he let the desire left buried for now.

“Bye. Love you…”

When he thought that Donghae already left out the room, Eunhyuk turned to look at the door as immediately he felt something landed on his lips. Shocked, his eyes opened wide.

“Believe me, I really love you.” With their lips just few inches apart, Donghae whispered. And another intimate kiss then land on his lips again. “Bye… see you again after this.” With that, Donghae quickly walk out the room, afraid that he would be late for his important meeting.

“Bye…” the whispered came late, just few minutes after the figure disappeared behind the closed door.  Leaving Eunhyuk alone once again.

Slowly his hand reached out for his own lips, the feeling is still there. He still can taste the sweetness there though it had been abandoned for quite a while. 

It’s been so long since he… no… it’s the first time he taste that gentle and tender kiss. A drop of tear then run down on his cheek.

So he doesn’t know what kind of feeling he should convey at this time. Just one thing he know, that it’s hurt.

 

------

 

“Hello…. How are you today, Eunhyuk-ssi? Feel better?” Dr. Han walks in to his room. As usual a smile plastered on his face. Never once Eunhyuk see his face without a smile on it. Does he not has any other feeling except happy? Eunhyuk wondered.

“Much better.”

“That’s great.”

After marking down something on a chart beside Eunhyuk, Dr. Han put the board back on its place. “So…” he began again once done with the daily check up on Eunhyuk’s condition. “I have talked with Donghae-ssi and I’m sure he had told you too.”

Although he already knew the news that he is about to hear, but Eunhyuk still eagerly waiting for the doctor to said it. Because the doctor knows better than anyone else. Therefore with eyes that full of hop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter