9

One chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

He got in a car crashed. That’s what Doctor Han told him after he had calm down from the painful headaches. And he lost lots of blood during the surgery, also due to the crack at his skull have caused him to suffer from traumatic brain injury, which was why he had been unconscious for about a year. And Eunhyuk had diligently listened to all of his explanations, after being asked about it in detail. No wonder, except for the terrible pain in his head, his body doesn’t felt hurt at all. Because while he was ‘sleeping’, as the time goes by the physical injuries had been healed fully.

His memories…!

The moment when he opened his eyes for the first time after a year, he almost forgot about everything. The things that he remembered about were only simple things such as his name, his parents’ names and his pet's name. That's all. Therefore, most of his memories were blurred. That first person he saw, he knows him but he doesn’t know him. That’s how complex his memories were at that time.

And it took about a week for the puzzle of his memories to be totally completed and organized again.

Divorce. 

Was the last word that he remembered before he collided with a car that suddenly came out of nowhere. He was done torturing Donghae’s feeling, that’s why he went to him that night. He wants to release Donghae from suffering more because of his own selfishness. He wants Donghae to get his happiness again.

But he never gets to meet him. So, the signature boxes on the papers is still empty. Donghae is still being tied down by him. Maybe that’s why his heart still cringed in pain; he is still torturing his love one. The painful look in Donghae’s eyes tells him all.

He needs to let him go for real this time.

 

 

“Hey….” Eunhyuk looked up when suddenly there’s a voice greeting him. And one unfamiliar face entered his sight instantly. A young girl in the same hospital’s clothes is smiling down to him. Eunhyuk cracked a same radius of smiles to her also. “I have been watching you for quite a while,” she continued. “And only got the courage to talk to you now.” she chuckled lightly. “What are you thinking about? You look like you’re in a deep thought.”

“Not really.” Eunhyuk chuckles too, never crossed in his mind that he’s been watched by someone since there’s no one there when he came down here. The park behind the hospital was empty before. “I’m just enjoying the peacefulness.” He said again, eyes already back to the empty scenery between the huge forest, down the hill and the blue sky with white, cotton clouds in front him. And sometimes, there’s a group of birds flying across them. “Please have a sit.” Eunhyuk offered and she slowly takes a sit at the vacant bench next to Eunhyuk.

“It’s beautiful, right?” She said, referring to the scenery he had been watching.

“Yeah. So, peaceful and fresh too.”

“The scene that can’t be found in the city.” She continued again. “So, why are you here?” She asked, eyes glancing to him.

“To find peacefulness.”

She suddenly chuckled again. “In this hospital, I mean.” She said reconstruct her question after the misplaced happened.

“Ah… car crashed.” Eunhyuk said shortly. “What about you?”

“Suicide.” She chuckled again when she noticed the shocked expression on Eunhyuk’s face. “Peoples said, if you love someone, let them free. That’s what true love mean.” She continues without being asked too, already knows the meaning behind the look she got from him. “Maybe my love is not true love, that’s why I can’t let him free. So after he died, I tried to kill myself too.”

The tense in Eunhyuk’s expression slowly loose down again. If you love someone, let them free – the words replayed in his mind again and again.

“Just like in fairy tales, I want to be happy with him forever. But he suddenly left me alone,” a drop of tear is about to fall, but she immediately suppress it.  “I can’t accept that, so I want to follow him too by hanging myself. And my life isn’t as simple as that, I survived.” She cracked a thin smiled. “Since I partially healed, I would always come here to find the peaceful too. The fact that he already gone; now I can accept it.”

“If you love someone then let them free, right?” Eunhyuk smiled. After all, the phrase is actually true. Just like himself, because he loves Donghae so much, he will let Donghae go. Let him free from the caged that Eunhyuk build by force, so he can find his happiness that he didn’t get when they were together. So, the decision he made a year ago was the right decision.

He loves Donghae, and he’ll let him free.

 

------

 

“Eunhyuk!”

Donghae’s chest starts to feel heavy, his breath suffocated as his heart beating in lunatic. Where’s Eunhyuk?

Where did he go?

“Eunhyuk!” he called again to that empty room. Eunhyuk was nowhere to be found in the room. When he woke up this morning, Eunhyuk was still on the bed, sleeping and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter