8

One chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Hyuk… thank you….” He whispered, bowing his head closer to Eunhyuk’s ear. One hand is holding Eunhyuk’s hand tight, “… for giving me another chance…” another hand reached out, fingertips lightly brushing the hair that fall over Eunhyuk’s forehead, “to love you once again even you might not love me anymore.” Donghae stands up slightly, placing a kiss on Eunhyuk’s lips. “But… please know that, I really love you,” a drop of tear fall over his cheek, “and I’m really sorry too.”

After some time, the fingers in his hand twitched. Eunhyuk’s breathing pace suddenly changed as he stirred. Eyelids fluttering. His forehead creased, as like he was in a great pained. Donghae looked up, immediately sitting up straight.

“Hyuk… Eunhyuk… open your eyes,” he said softly, fingertips brush tenderly over his husband’s cheek. “Doctor!” He shouted; controlling his own heartbeat.

 

His head hurt, as if it’s gonna explode soon. That’s the first thing he noticed as he managed to pull himself back into consciousness. There was a steady pounding in his head, and a dull pain throughout his body. There was a small beeping noise by his ear. What was going on?

“Hyuk… Eunhyuk… open your eyes,” he heard a voice call him. That soft, deep and gentle voice is calling for him. What was going on?

 

Eunhyuk opened his eyes, blinking a bit up at the ceiling. A confused look crossed his face as his eyes darted around the room, finally coming to rest on Donghae’s face.

He couldn’t be more relieved, seeing Eunhyuk finally opened his eyes. A relief tears fall down over his cheeks, there’s no words could explained his feeling right now. “Thank goodness,” He breathed, squeezing his husband’s hand gently, a kiss was placed down near Eunhyuk’s lips.

And all his action never missed from Eunhyuk’s observation. The finally conscious man’s eyes followed all his movement, Eunhyuk glanced down at their joined hands, then back up to his face again. Eunhyuk looked at him with an emotionless eye.

 

Unable to stand not knowing what was going on, he opened his eyes. White ceiling. The entire room was white. Where am I? The place was so strange to him. “Thank goodness.” That voice again, saying his prayer. There was a hand laid carefully against his own, squeezing it tight. Drawing his attention to the person beside him, he watched all his movement.

He looked down at their hands, then back up at the person’s face again. For a while, he stares at the face. He then slowly pulled his hand out from that person’s grasp.

That man blinked. “What’s wrong? Did it hurt somewhere?” That man said; a faint trace of panic appearing in his eyes.

He shook his head; but then immediately winced as a stab of pain went through his head. “Ow…” he groaned. Lifting one hand to his head, he felt a tug on his arm because of the movement and noticed for the first time that there’s a needle stuck into him.

“Hyuk… wait, I’ll call the doctor.” In panic, that person stood up instantly, walking out of the room. Then he could hear him talking to someone else outside the room.

After the pain had gone once again, he opened his eyes. “What happened?” He asked the empty room, looking from the needle to the machine they connected him to. He thought for a moment, trying to recall what he had been doing. He strained himself really hard; he could faintly recall a flash of light blinding him and then the memories stopped at there. Another stab of pain went through his head again… also through his heart this time.

 

---------

 

Donghae paced up and down the hallway. The doctor once said that his head had completely healed, so why Eunhyuk looks like he’s still in great pain. He continued pacing up and down in front Eunhyuk’s private room, while biting his nails. A habit that he unconsciously did every time he’s in great nervous.

Fifteen minute later, the doctor walked out from the room. Donghae stopped pacing. “How was he, doc?” He asked the doctor desperately.  “Could he possibly have amnesia?” he asked again, throat dry from panic. The idea that crossed his mind about the possibility of Eunhyuk loss his memory somehow scared him more. Though he want Eunhyuk to forget what had happened between them in the past, but not in that way. Let him be the one that erase those painful memories, let he be the one that replace those memories with more beautiful memory between them. He prayed for that, day and night.

“Thank goodness, everything’s just normal.” The doctor said, Donghae sighed in relief. “Though the hit at his head was great enough, in many cases, they might already suffer from the amnesia but Eunhyuk-ssi is really lucky. He’s survived.”

“So, what’s wrong with his head? Why do its looks so hurt?”

“It’s just that he has been ‘sleeping’ for a really long time, so he’s trying to adapt himself with the pain. He also shall not move a lot, since his body is still too weak. ”

“Thank goodness.”

“Yeah, that’s really great news. Soon, you can already bring him home.” The doctor smiled, also rejoiced over the news he brought. Feeling great as he’s able to help someone again.

“Yeah, thank you doc.”

“It’s my duty to help people.” The doctor then left after telling him this. After taking a long deep breath, Donghae slowly walked back toward the room. Carefully, he twists the doorknob and stopped at the doorway, to see Eunhyuk examining the only one left, needle in his arm while biting his lower lip. Donghae remembered that Eunhyuk once had told him that he had a fear of needles, especially the one that doctor used to inject their patient. Donghae smiled bitterly at one of the few memories of them together. And they were too short and too few even though they had been together almost half of their lives.

He walked into the room and sat down next to Eunhyuk, who immediately looked up. “Hyuk…” He reached out, fingertips lightly touching the back of Eunhyuk’s hand. His heart twisting a bit as Eunhyuk unconsciously flinched at the touched. But he ignored it, and still reached out to take Eunhyuk’s hand into his grasp. If he didn’t take this first step, he won’t able to redo everything. To beg for Eunhyuk’s forgiveness and to start a new life, he needs to be brave. If not, he will lose Eunhyuk again. He had promised to himself then that he would make Eunhyuk happy again. He would help Eunhyuk to finally feel what’s it’s feels like to really be in love. To have someone that loves him for all his life.

He wanna make Eunhyuk to feel every different kind of feelings when being in love. He wants to make Eunhyuk feel the bursting feeling in the chest, the warmth in the heart and the butterflies in the stomach. So that, Eunhyuk’s heart would be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter