12

One chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

------빠삐용------

 

 

His eyes boringly watched the television; he had been watching it for all day long. After his mother left the house a while ago, there’s nothing much he could do except that. He wants to do some exercise but for some reasons, he could not. His health doesn’t allow him to do heavy works yet, so for now his hobbies would be reading and watching only. Switching off the television, he then strutted across the white tile floor to one corner of the room and flicks the curtains open.

A balcony.

He’s been in the room for almost all day long, yet never bothers to walk to this side of the room, therefore he would never know that it exist if he didn’t take an initiative to come here just now.

He pushed the glass doors open then flick the curtains close and also the glass door. The balcony was about 5 feet wide and 4 feet out. There’s a pair of glass chair and one coffee table also made by glass at one side and a recliner at other. Foot instantly walking across the balcony towards the fence and put his hands on the white bars that were in front of him.

The cloudy evening outside was calming. The breeze blew across our wide yard that connected to the busy city. The house that located little bit high made him possible to watch part of the city’s scenery though not overall. The wind ruffled his hair and he inhaled the scent of the peaceful calm.

After a short while, move in a bit and sat down on the recliner. He breathed in the scent of peacefulness again and watched over the cloudy skies in silent. The calmness soon affects his mind when his eyelids suddenly become heavy.

In just one minute, his eyes slowly drooped one more time before shutting him out of the world.

 

Eunhyuk shivered when there’s a slightly stronger breeze blew and wake him up as he opened his eyes slowly. It’s late in the evening; he realized the time but his surrounding make him confused. Where am I? He is questioning himself at the unfamiliar surroundings. He sat up on the recliner and it took him one second before the memory flooded back in. The view from the balcony was just as beautiful as it was, still with it’s the darks clouds.

Like usual he stretched little bit and shuffled back into. He is about to open the glass door when he heard some noise from inside the room. He holds back his intention to get inside the room as he tried to listen closely to the familiar voice, trying to understand what they’re talking about.

His heart brutally fell as soon as he understands the particulars of their talked. The grip over the curtain tightens as his body dropped down on his knees. His free hand instantly flew across to close the mouth to suppress the sobs from bursting out as the tears already runs freely down his cheeks.

‘Oh my god! What have I done?’ He silently cried.

‘I’m sorry! I’m really sorry! I didn’t mean to hurt you like that! I’m sorry!’

His hands then fell on both his side, and his head hang low. Tears didn’t stop flowing down to the hard floor.

A thousand regrets draw to the heart, gnawing his feeling.

‘I was very cruel to him! What have I done? I’m sorry!’ He winced and brought a hand to his chest above where his heart is beating. There’s a jab over it, but it’s not the horrible pain he usually felt. This time it’s hurt but not painful.

 

“Am I dead?” Eunhyuk stated, surprised by his sudden conclusion himself, because the memory of a car collided on a pedestrian crossing and crashed on him was still fresh in his mind. “Is this heaven?”

Gidae chuckled. “No and partially yes. You’re not dead…. And this is not yet heaven, but it’s just somewhere in between.”

“Somewhere in between?”

“A place where lost souls would be.”

“What’s… that mean?”

“Do you remember…?” The boy asked him instead of answering his question

“What is it?”

“What happened in your life? Who you are? What do you live for?”

“Y-yes….” Eunhyuk takes few moments of thinking before he started to answer. “Then… if I’m not dead… why am I here?” Eunhyuk asked dejectedly, curiously.

“Because on that night, you’re supposed to be dead… But there’s someone who’s still hangs on you and don’t want to let you go, so you’re save. Because of his sincere wished, the second chance was given to him….”

“What the wish was?” Eunhyuk asked, after his mind seemed like little bit clear.

“He wants to redo it all.”

“What?” Eunhyuk asked innocently.

“His life and the life of his love one.”

“Then… who is he?” Eunhyuk countered as they started walking again along the endless miles of rough sand looming before them. “What I am to him for him to wish such a thing?”

“I’ve no right to tell you. You’ll eventually figure it out yourself. Who are you to him? Like I said, he wants to redo his life and the life of his love one….”

Eunhyuk thought in silence for a while. “So, I am his love one…?” he asked finally, feeling something rough forming in his throat while he speaks.

Sighing peacefully, the boy nodded and grinned as he then continued to walk, leaving Eunhyuk behind who had stopped his track a second ago.

“Then… what will happen next? To him? And to me?” Eunhyuk murmured, without moving even an inch from where he had stopped.

“It’s all up to you to decide now.” The boy answered as he just continued to walk.

 

He stands up abruptly.

 

“He’s so lucky to have someone that always by his side. If I was Donghae-ssi, I don’t think that I would be too patient to stay by him for that long since I didn’t know when he would wake up. I would just leave him.”

“I heard that they’re married. That’s why.”

“Really?”

“Yes, I heard Dr. Han talked with his parents.”

“Then, he’s lucky to have a husband that loves him so much. I envy him.”

“I would like to have a husband like that.”

“Everyone would want someone like that too. He’s like one in a million. And Eunhyuk-ssi is lucky to have that one.”

“Hey…” a voice suddenly startled them. “Have you done checking on him?”

“Yes, Dr. Han.” One of the nurses answered.

“He’s still sleeping, should I wake him up for his physiotherapy?” The other one said. “It should start in 15minutes.”

“Does Donghae-ssi have come?”

“I don’t think so, doc.”

“Then let’s wait for him first. He prefers it like that.” That young doctor said, he knows that Donghae never missed to accompany Eunhyuk to do the therapy and he would like to retain it like that. With that, Dr. Han then walk out of the room again.

“See, he deeply concerned with everything that happens to his husband.”

“Yeah, he’s just so lucky!”

And the two nurses immediately followed the young doctor’s step, leaving the room in silence. The moment the door closed, Eunhyuk then slowly opens his eyelids.

 

Brushed off the last tears that staining his cheeks, he pushed the glass doors wider then flick the curtains open silently.

 

“Because a year has passed; along that time Donghae had changed a lot and regretted his mistakes. I won’t denied that I’m angry at him for what he did to you, but… after watched over him taking care of you, I’m confident that he truly had change and really means what he said. Why don’t you give him another chance to prove it? Open your heart to him again. Find your happiness together with him. I’m sure you will find it.”

 

He stepped in to the room, and eyes immediately meet with the butler’s shocked eyes.

 

------

 

“Sir, calm down. Don’t worry, I will tell everyone to search him. We’ll find him soon, sir.”

“Why does he do this? Can’t he see that I really had changed? Why can’t he give me a chance to prove to him that I really love him?” Finally, he’s able to derive the questions through words.

“Calm down, sir. I’m sure he realized it. Just give him some time to sort his feeling. He’s just confused with his own feeling.” The old man said, in attempt to cool down Donghae’s feeling though he knows now Donghae isn’t listened to him anymore. He already falls deep into his own world of misery.

“How could he left me just like that, when I already falling hard for him? What should I do now, uncle? Why he’s always being so selfish? When I cannot acc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter