6

One chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was the gentle sound of the waves that woke Eunhyuk up. The air feels warm and it smelled salty as he wrinkles his nose, his hand automatically reaching up to brush away the saltiness. His eyelids fluttered open and the shining sun greeted him with a smile. Eunhyuk felt someone rocking back and forth beside him and as he tried to get up, his palms pressed against the rough sand. Wincing slightly, he pushed himself to a sitting position and turned to his right.

“Hello,” someone said and Eunhyuk squinted a little. He then came face to face with a teenage boy with a lovely gaze and a friendly smile.

“H-hi.” Eunhyuk said back on instinct, his gaze questioning. “Who… who are you?” He asked hesitantly.

“I’m Gidae… and sometimes peoples also called me Kkumi.” The boy grinned to him.

“Where...,” he looked around him, only to be met by the vast, endless ocean and miles and miles of sand. The blue sky meets the ocean in the horizon and the sun shined down on them. Fluffy white clouds drift by as a lazy wind passes and ruffles their hair. There’s no one there except the two of them. “A beach?” Eunhyuk concluded himself.

“A beach.” The boy beside him nodded.

“What…” He started to say but after a second he rearranged back his question. “Am I dead?” Eunhyuk stated, surprised by his sudden conclusion himself, because the memory of a car collided on a pedestrian crossing and crashed on him was still fresh in his mind. “Is this heaven?”

The little boy chuckled. “No and partially yes.” He cleared. “You’re not dead…. And this is not yet heaven, but it’s just somewhere in between.”

“Somewhere in between?”  Eunhyuk turned to him immediately, wide eyes and surprised.

“A place where lost souls would be.” he informed and stood up while he brushed the sands from his hands.

“What…” Eunhyuk stood up too, imitated the boy and followed him a step behind. “…that’s mean?”

“Do you remember…?” The boy asked him instead of answering his question as they walked alongside the beach, their feet leaving the imprints on the sand before washed away by the small waves.

“What is it?”

“What happened in your life? Who you are? What do you live for?”

Eunhyuk takes few moments of thinking before he started to answer. “Y-yes….” He said and the boy grinned as he inhaled the refreshing sea breeze.

“Did you happy with your life?” the boy asked again.

“I…” Eunhyuk started but caught himself to stop again.

“That’s okay…. You don’t have to answer if you don’t want.” the boy said after a moment of silent.

“Then… if I’m not dead… why am I here?” Eunhyuk asked dejectedly, curiously. The salty sea breeze still blew passing them while the sun started hiding into the horizon and the ocean seem to twinkle.

“Because on that night, you’re supposed to be dead…” The little boy started. “But there’s someone who’s still hangs on you and don’t want to let you go, so you’re save.”

Eunhyuk’s eyebrows twitched and he stopped suddenly, his feet slightly buried underneath the rough sand. As the time passed, the shadows grew longer and the sand grew colder.

“Because of his sincere wished, the second chance was given to him….” The boy said again, and stopped his step too. He turned to look at Eunhyuk, which were already left behind for few steps away. Eunhyuk looked a little puzzled as a million thoughts running through his mind.

“What the wish was?” Eunhyuk asked, after his mind seemed like little bit clear.

“He wants to redo it all.”

“What?” Eunhyuk asked innocently.

“His life and the life of his love one.” The boy answered as he walked closer to Eunhyuk and stood beside him as they both looked at the glorious sunset.

“Then… who is he?” Eunhyuk countered as they started walking again along the endless miles of rough sand looming before them. “What I am to him for him to wish such a thing?”

“I’ve no right to tell you. You’ll eventually figure it out yourself. Who are you to him? Like I said, he wants to redo his life a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter