Ghost

Second - After the worm

I had imagined that Monday morning very differently than how it was currently going. During the past week, it had always been the same; Jongin and Kyungsoo would bicker happily, Chanyeol would talk to Joonmyeon and Sehun and I would exchange a couple of words. But this morning, Jongin was weirdly silent, Chanyeol and I were flooding Sehun with questions about his date, and Joonmyeon and Kyungsoo were cheerfully planning to go to the former's house today to start to sing the song they had in common. 
After a couple of minutes, Jongin suddenly stood up and glared at us all before mumbling:
«If I'm bothering you guys, I'll be good somewhere else!»
He grabbed his bag and stepped angrily to Sulli before letting himself fall on the chair next to her, throwing us a pissed look and turning to her, who blinked slowly, seemingly as lost as us.
Sehun crossed his arms, probably glad that the attention wasn't on him anymore, and eyed Jongin suspiciously.
«He probably had a bad night. Never saw him like that before.»
Chanyeol rolled his eyes.
«Or he got frustrated because he wasn't the center of the attention, this brat.»
I chuckled and shook my head slowly.
«You guys aren't nice with him, maybe he has a good reason to be like this?» I turned to look at Kyungsoo, who was chewing on his lower lip furiously.
«Do you know anything, Kyung?»
«Well..» My small best friend started to play with his fingers slowly, looking down at his knees. «Saturday evening, we kind of fought on the phone..»
I widened my eyes and blinked at my friend, slowly. Kyungsoo fought with Jongin? First of all, it was really unusual for Kyungsoo to get mad at anyone. Second, he loved the other boy. 
«He was being so cocky.. it annoyed me and I ended up telling him pretty harsh things..» My friend sighed and I rubbed his back.
«I'm sure you did it for a reason, Kyungsoo.»
Chanyeol nodded and gave him a wide smile.
«Yeah, Baek's right! And if he's sulking that much, it can only mean that it's true.» 
I blushed lightly at the nickname and gave him a thankful smile. Sehun groaned and stretched slowly.
«And I think he got a bit upset because I didn't tell him about my date with Luhan..»
Joonmyeon blinked at the blonde teenager.
«You didn't tell him about it before this morning? No wonder he's kind of mad..»
I turned to him and slowly nodded.
«He's right, Sehun. He's supposed to be your bestfriend. I would have been mad too, especially since you told Chanyeol and I..»
«But I-»
«KIM JONGIN»
We all jumped lightly at miss Park's piercing voice and Chanyeol put his hand on his chest.
«What!» The called boy mumbled.
«Who gave you the authorization to sit beside Sulli!! Go back next to Sehun!»
The taller of us laughed loudly like he was used to and crossed his arms. 
«Well his exile didn't last long.»

After the lunch bell rang, Sehun grabbed Jongin's wrist and pulled him out quickly, mumbling that "they needed to talk". I smiled softly at them and felt a strong arm wrap itself around my shoulders.
«Those two are softies when it comes to their friendship.»
I felt a wave of warmth hit me as Chanyeol started to talk and I looked up at him before nodding.
«I know how it is..»
He chuckled and ruffled my hair softly, making me smile lightly.
«So Joonmyeon and Kyungsoo..?»
I looked at them both, talking happily and I nodded.
«Seems like it..»
He laughed and gently pulled me with him to the classroom's door.
«We should go to the cafeteria now before our table is taken. I mean. Not our table as you know, "our" but kinda the one where we ate everyday next week.»
I laughed and grabbed his arm.
«I understood, Chanyeol.»
He smiled shyly and I just wanted to hug his big and cute head tight at this very moment.
We started to walk silently to the cafeteria, side to side, before a question popped in my head.
«Mh, Chanyeol?»
He looked at me, a wide grin on his face to sign me to speak.
«Oh never mind..»
I was about to ask him about the whole worm business, but I wasn't really sure if I wanted to know about it? What if he did eat the worm? I wouldn't really be able to see him like the adorable boy he had become.
Chanyeol looked at me curiously.
«Oh okay..»

When the six of us sat together, things seemed to have gotten back to normal. Except that Jongin and Kyungsoo didn't bother to allege each other's presence.

And that it lasted the whole week.

«What's wrong with Kyungsoo and Jongin?» Luhan had asked us on Wednesday during lunch break. We had eaten faster than usual, so Chanyeol, Sehun and I had decided to take a fresh bowl of air and to sit on a bench while waiting for classes to start again - Kyungsoo and Joonmyeon wanted to rehearse their song a bit, and Jongin, as grumpy as we were starting to get used to, had walked to Sulli's table to "conclude his thing". Luhan sat on Sehun's lap and crossed his legs, cuddling himself comfortably against the younger, who bit his lips and wrapped an arm around the older's waist.
Chanyeol eyed them shyly before turning to me, unsure of what to answer.
«They kind thought.. Over some stupid matter..» 
Luhan crossed his arms and pouted, shaking his head slowly.
«Aish, those two. Maybe Kyungsoo should come with us to the basketball practice this afternoon and try to talk to Jongin?»
Chanyeol grinned widely and nodded.
«That's a great idea Luhan! Baekhyun!» He turned to me. «Can you convince Kyungsoo to come?»
I shrugged and answered that it shouldn't be that hard to do. Chanyeol ruffled my hair happily.
«Okay, Sehun! Can you make Jongin want to talk again to Kyungsoo?»
Luhan looked at Sehun with pouty lips and he rubbed his neck slowly, blushing lightly at the smaller's aegyo.
«I-I guess I can..»
The low-voiced student clapped his hands cheerfully and grinned.
«Great then! We'll organize some kind of meeting after the practice!»
I nodded happily, suddenly pumped up and Luhan squealed before pecking Sehun's cheek and giving Chanyeol and I a high-five.
«Yeah guys, we're gonna rock this! Well you. Hehe~ I'll tell Kris and Tao about the plan! See you later geniuses!»
Luhan happily skipped back inside the cafeteria and Chanyeol suddenly turned his attention on Sehun.
«Are you guys together now?»
The blonde slowly rested a hand on his cheek. 
«No.. Not really.»
Chanyeol chuckled and crossed his arms.
«I'm sure it'll happen soon.»

I decided to use Sehun's method on Kyungsoo. I wanted to talk to him, but the two boys and I arrived late in class, and miss Park was already there so I had no chance to talk to him. After about twenty minutes, I scribbled some words on a paper and slid it in Kyungsoo's direction.
He looked at me hesitantly before opening it and biting his lower lip.

Kyung!! You must come with me to the basketball practice today, it's important!

He looked at me and shook his head slowly. I gave him a pleading look and he released a loud sigh and wrote something before sliding the paper back at me.

I know what you guys are trying to do.. 

I sighed too and looked at him with an interrogative stare. He pouted and shook his head.

Why don't you and Jongin want to talk?

He stared at my words, looked at me again, and ended up writing something.

okay. I can try, but if that goes wrong, don't ask me more.

I smiled happily. I could still hope for everything to go back to normal.


As usual when they had basketball, Sehun, Chanyeol and Jongin hurried to the gym as soon as the bell rang, leaving Joonmyeon, Kyungsoo and I alone. My best friend explained to the oldest of us that he couldn't come with him, and Joonmyeon nodded understandingly, and said that he'd ask Jongdae.
Kyungsoo and I bid him goodbye and headed to the gym, humming slowly. I could see that my friend was nervous, and I patted his arm.
«Don't worry, Kyung. You guys are going to make up and it'll be fine.»
I smiled softly and pecked his cheek. He nodded slowly.
«Baekhyun.. I need to tell you something now that we're alone.»
I looked at him curiously and he smiled shyly.
«Uhm.. If we fought in the first place, it's because.. He was talking about Sulli, so I got mad.. and then I told him I liked Joonmyeon, and he started telling me Joonmyeon wasn't good enough.. So I told him he was better than him anyway and that no one wanted him beside stupid girls and I hung up.»
I made a face and looked at him.
«Oh Kyung. You guys are both idiots.»
«I'm aware of that, Baek.»
I patted his back and smiled warmly.
«It doesn't matter. You guys will make up and be good friends, and now, you're on something with Joonmyeon, right?»
Kyungsoo nodded slowly as we arrived to the gym and I hugged him tightly.
«Everything's gonna be okay.»