Sing

Second - After the worm

«My life! Would ! Withouuut youuu..»
Everyone in the room - which consisted of Kyungsoo, Luhan, Luna, miss Kim (the music teacher), Joonmyeon, Daehyun, Yoonjo and I started to applause when Jongdae finished the high note. It was Thursday, and we were auditioning the new members to enter the glee club. Only four more persons had applied - Yoonjo, Luhan, Jongdae and Joonmyeon -, but that was already a lot since they all made it through and had great vocals.
«That was really impressive you guys!» Miss Kim started to clap cheerfully and stood up. She was petite as well, with a baby face and foxy eyes, but she knew how to make people listen to her.
«Now that we are eight, we're going to be able to make great projects! For Christmas' show, I already planned something. Do you guys like High School Musical??»
I groaned, followed by Daehyun and Kyungsoo, and Luna whined. I was about to complain when Luhan shot up his seat and started to hop around excitedly.
«Yes! Yes I do, miss! I love it! Are we gonna sing their song?»
Miss Kim, apparently glad to find support in someone at least, clapped her hand like a little kid.
«Yes!! Isn't it great?»
Luhan nodded frantically and I face palmed. With those two excited persons, I should have expected anything.
«I.. quite like High School Musical, to be honest.» Joonmyeon mumbled. I turned myself in his direction. What. Kim /Joonmyeon/ liked High School Musical? Were those new members completely crazy or what?
Jongdae smiled shyly. I didn't have the time to talk to him yet, but he seemed really soft and nice.
«Yeah.. me too.. the songs are great!»
Miss Kim yelped in joy and pumped her fist.
«That's it then! If everyone likes it, let's go for this!»
No. I frowned. I didn't like it, and apparently, Daehyun, Luna and Kyungsoo didn't either. I was about to open my mouth to protest but Luna shrugged.
«I guess it can't be that bad.»
Daehyun nodded as well and Kyungsoo smiled widely.
«Yeah! We'll probably like the songs in the end.»
I sighed. If I was alone then. I threw a glance at Yoonjo.
«Do you like that?»
She grinned cheekily and nodded, showing her gums.
«Yes! I always wanted to sing on High School Musical!»
Seemed like I had no choice.

«Puahahahaha! And that's your theme?» Jongin bawled on Friday morning as we were waiting for miss Park in the class, when Joonmyeon told the other half of our little group what happened the previous afternoon.
Chanyeol clapped his hands.
«Hey, I like it! I want a seat for the representation!»
I smiled shyly. Maybe it wasn't that bad if Chanyeol liked it.
Jongin rolled his eyes.
«Come on Chanyeol, are you serious? How old does Miss Kim think you are. Twelve?»
I shrugged and sighed. «I don't really know, but since some of us seem to like it, we'll just go with it..»
Joonmyeon rubbed his neck slowly.
«Hey, guys.. It's not that bad, really.»
The tall boy sitting beside him nodded and wrapped his arm around his shoulder.
«He's right!» He shouted. «I'm with Joonmoomoo for High School Musical!!»
«Yah!» "Joonmoomoo" whined. «What the hell is that nickname?»
Sehun laughed and poked his tongue out.
«Don't like it Joonmoomoo? Go ask Mr Fa-Bu-Lous over there how it feels..»
Everyone bursted in laughters, beside me and Joonmyeon who glared at Sehun.
«KIDS.»
Miss Park had appeared behind her desk as fast as usual.
«QUIET NOW.»

I felt a paper hit the back of my head in the middle of the third period.

I think I'm gonna tell them about my crush on luhan during lunch.

I turned myself to Sehun, who was seemingly absorbed in his mathematics exercise. He looked up at me for a couple of seconds before tilting his chin to the paper to ask me to answer and getting back to his work.
I scribbled a couple of words on it and threw it back.

no offense but i think they all know about it

«That's what I thought.» I heard him mumble, before patting me on the back to thank me.
I got back to work and nothing more happened before lunch.

«I like Luhan.»
Sehun blurted as soon as we all sat at our usual table. Jongin rolled his eyes and smiled amusedly.
«Are you kidding Sehun? I would have never imagined something like that..» He said in a sarcastic tone.
Kyungsoo chuckled.
«That's kind of obvious Sehunnie. No offense.»
The blonde boy sighed and crossed his arms.
«Was it?»
Joonmyeon nodded slowly and patted the taller's back.
«Yeah. Even for me. You only looked at him when we were drinking our smoothies on Tuesday.»
Sehun bit his lower lip and threw a slight glance at his crush's table.
«Do you guys think he knows?»
Luhan was smiling happily and laughing with Xiumin and Jongdae.
He noticed us looking at him and waved lightly.
We all looked back at our table, and Chanyeol chuckled lightly.
«Yeah I think he does.»
Jongin sighed and slowly stretched his arms, smiling lightly.
«Aish, guys.. Are Kyungsoo and I the only straight men at this table?»
My best friend mumbled.
«Talk for yourself..»
I laughed loudly at Jongin's disappointed face.
«Hah! You're such an outcast!»
The tanned boy glared at Joonmyeon.
«Yah you! I was starting to like you, don't make me change my mind!»
That didn't seem to make the boy too sad, since he only answered by sticking his tongue at Jongin, who pouted.
«Whatever! You'll be all jealous when I'll go out with Sulli.»
Sehun rolled his eyes and went back to his bored face.
«Of course Jongin.»
I gently pressed Kyungsoo's knee under the table to comfort him, and a slight smile drew itself on his face. I leaned toward him and whispered in his ear:
«Do you find Joonmyeon cute?»
He looked at me, kind of startled and blinked slowly.
«Oh uhm.. I never really thought about that.. I guess I do..»
I grinned. Maybe it wasn't all lost for him.

«Baekhyun, you'll sing "Fabulous". It's the perfect song for you»
Friday afternoon.
I groaned at those words. I didn't know what the song was about, but I was ready to bet that it was:
1. A girly song
2. A y song
3. A stupid song
Luhan giggled loudly and nodded.
«It's really good Baekhyun, you'll like it!»
I shrugged and hold out my hand.
«Give me the lyrics. I'll check it out.»
Miss Kim happily put a sheet of paper in my hand and I looked at it. Sung by Sharpey. Maybe I didn't know the songs, but I knew who Sharpey was in High School Musical. As expected. Girly and y. I let out a loud sigh.

It's out with the old
And in with the new
Goodbye clouds of grey
Hello sky of blue

«Those lyrics are so deep.» I rolled my eyes after reading the first sentences. «Am I really singing this?»
Jongdae chuckled softly and smiled.
«But it's a funny song.. and it suits your nickname...»
I glared at Luhan. Did everyone know about this nickname?
Joonmyeon gave me a pat in the back.
«Come on Mr Fa-Bu-Lous, it's fine!»
I groaned and whacked his head.
«Shut up Joonmoomoo!»
Jongdae started laughing at our bickering and Luhan raised a brow.
«Wow, that sounds like the kind of nickname Chanyeol would give..»
Kyungsoo whistled lightly.
«Well done! He found that this morning.»
«Is that a trend to find weird nicknames to everyone?» Luna asked, slightly lost.
«To be honest, I think Luhan is just trying to take his revenge for being called Lulu during sixteen long years..»
The blonde girl rolled his eyes.
«I feel you Luhan!»
Yoonjo stood up from where she was sitting, trying to pick a song and yelled.
«Lulu isn't half as embarrassing as Jojo!»
We all started to laugh at everyone's nickname, trying to find the worst for each of us, which took us about fifteen minutes, before Miss Kim ended up blurting out that her name being Taeyeon, some of her friends called her "Byuntaeyeon" because she had been caught looking at one of her friend's one day.

«Hey guys, Jongup and I are throwing a party next week-end, wanna come? You can bring your friends.» Daehyun had asked after we all finished choosing songs.
Joonmyeon and Jongdae, who had "the best voices" (sic Miss Kim) ended up with "Breaking Free" and "The Start Of Something New", as well as "Everyday", in which we would all join them in the end. Kyungsoo got "Gotta Go My Own Way" (featuring Joonmyeon) and "When There Was Me & You", and since they seemed to find it funny to give me Sharpay's parts, I got "Fabulous" and "I Want It All" in duet with Daehyun. Luhan, Luna, Yoonjo and Daehyun decided to take all the group songs, and to start with "Work This Out", "Stick To The Status Quo" and "A Night To Remember".
I smiled at my friend's proposition. Why not, after all. I haven't been to a party in ages, and nothing was better than a bit of alcohol with a lot of bad and loud music.
And friends.
I smiled to myself.
This time I had friends.
Everyone cheered on Daehyun, and we all agreed to talk about it to everyone we knew.
«Can't wait!» Luhan chirped before leaving Kyungsoo, Joonmyeon, Jongdae and I to go to his own house.
I thought to myself that I couldn't wait either.