No More

Second - After the worm

A/N : Third chapter of the day.. I'm so sorry OTL

 



«I'm afraid it's broken, Chanyeol..»
Miss Jo, the school's nurse, had her arms crossed and was staring at the tall boy's nose, shaking her head slowly. Chanyeol winced and I patted his hand lightly. Today was really a catastrophe. Luhan had ran after Kyungsoo when he had went away from the gym, and I had been charged to bring Chanyeol to the nursery, since I was the only none-player - beside Sulli, but she didn't give a damn. Miss Jo seemed to be looking for something for a while before she got up and turned her attention back at us.
«Okay kids, I'm gonna put some big bandaid on Chanyeol's nose, but I need to go buy some since I don't have any anymore..» She mumbled something about the principle not caring enough about the nursery's stock before clearing . «Anyway, stay still you two, okay? It may take me about twenty minutes, so don't worry!» At those words, she opened the door and quickly ran out before yelling:
«Don't touch anything!!»
Chanyeol chuckled lowly as usual and looked at me, smiling lightly.
«Thanks for accompanying me, Baekhyun.»
I smiled back the same way, nodding.
«It's fine with me.»
He sighed and rested his back against the wall, playing with his hands. He looked kinda cute, with teared tissues in his nostrils to prevent blood from falling from it.
«So.. we failed.»
I nodded and stared at his hands, moving fast. They were so big and looked so warm. I threw a glance at mine. Small. Probably kind of cold. Somehow, I wished I could slide it inside his so he would warm them up.
«We didn't. Sulli made the plan fail.»
I snorted and pouted before hugging my knees and looking at the human-sized skeleton hanging in the corner of the room. Chanyeol suddenly grabbed my hands, and I felt myself blushing hard. He hold it in front of his face and detailed it slowly.
«Your fingers are so slim!»
He ended up whispering. 
Not really knowing what to answer, I wiggled them slowly and concentrated myself on Chanyeol's warm hand around my wrist. It felt so comforting.
«My hands are small and cold.» I tried to pull away but he didn't let me go and only pressed his palm against mine. As expected, his hand felt fantastic, and mine felt even colder than expected. He chuckled at the size's difference. His fingers were at least a couple of centimeters longer than mine, and I slowly took my hand back.
«Do you.. do that often to people?»
Chanyeol looked at me, a bit confused before laughing awkwardly and rubbing his neck.
«No, I just thought your hands were nice and I wanted to compare.»
I smiled to myself and looked down, swinging my legs faster. My hands were nice. Park Chanyeol thought my hands were nice.
Maybe life was hard for the others, but it wasn't enough to push away the small sunshine that Chanyeol had brought into mine.

I looked over at Sehun and Chanyeol, who were making faces, sitting alone at a table with Jongin, at the other end of the cafeteria. Kyungsoo wasn't paying attention to them and was trying to maintain a conversation with Joonmyeon and I to distract us from our dark thoughts. He ended up giving up and glared at Jongin.
«I think Jongin did well, anyway.»
Joonmyeon started to squirm awkwardly on his chair and I sighed.
«No, Kyungsoo. He didn't do well. Problems don't solve themselves by putting each other in quarantine.»
He groaned and pouted, looking at his plate.
«This problem isn't going to be solved, Baekhyun, so it's not worth trying anyway-»
I suddenly stood up, feeling myself filled with rage. Ah, they weren't going to solve it? I threw a glance at Sehun and Chanyeol who had seen me standing up and I nodded toward them. At my gesture, they both stood up as well and took their things under Jongin's lost eyes, and walked to an empty table, at which I sat too after explaining to Kyunsoo that we were all tired of their mess. 
The three of us looked at Joonmyeon, who stood up slowly and mumbled a couple of apologies to Kyungsoo before heading toward us and sitting as well.
A big silence fell on us before Sehun shook his head.
«So over with their . I'm not eating with them until they stop acting like drama qu- oh wait..»
He was looking at Kyungsoo's table and had bitten his lower lip. I followed his stare, who was now on Kyungsoo, still alone at his table. He had his head hidden in his arms and that meant only one thing.
Chanyeol made a move to him but I put my hand on his arm softly.
«I'm going.»
I walked toward him slowly, hearing light sobs as I was getting closer. I sat and slowly his back.
He looked up at me, his face covered in tears and I sighed, a bit ashamed to be one of the reasons that made him cry.
«I..» He started to talk before sobbing loudly. «I don't want to eat all alone..»
I gently wrapped my arms around him and cradled him like a little baby, his back.
«Kyungsoo, we can't take you with us. You know why. But we're still your friends.» I pecked his cheek. «Do you want to go ask Luhan if you can sit with them?»
My friend nodded slowly and I smiled softly. 
«Good. Let's go neh?»
The two of us headed to our friend's table and as soon as we arrived, the blonde boy flooded us with questions.
«Guys, what the hell is happening? Why are you not sitting together? Kyungsoo, why are you crying? Why is Jongin sitting at Sulli's table?» 
Kris rolled his eyes and whacked Luhan's head lightly.
«Shut up, Lulu, they're trying to speak.»
I smiled lightly at him before turning to the smaller boy.
«Kyungsoo would like to..»
My friend nudged me and I turned to him.
«You're babying me, Baekhyun. I just wanted to know if I could eat with you guys. The situation is a bit complicated between me and Jongin, and the others don't want to take sides.»
Jongdae smiled softly and patted the chair beside him. I knew for sure he was a really nice and sensitive person, and that Kyungsoo was safe with him.
«Of course Kyung. Sit there neh?»
My best friend nodded and looked at me.
«I'll be fine Baekhyun. Thanks.»
I nodded slowly and went back to our table. 
«You did well.» Sehun said.
I still felt bitter, thinking that somehow, our peace had been disturbed, and that things needed to go back to normal soon.

At the singing club this afternoon, Kyungsoo didn't come. I reassured Luhan and Jongdae by telling them that Joonmyeon was with them and that they were going to do something different, but I couldn't help but feel worried as well. 
And the more I had to sing it, the more I hated "Fabulous".

The next day was boring and hard to live. Chanyeol, Sehun, Joonmyeon and I did our best to act as if nothing was happening, but the atmosphere was too heavy between Jongin and Kyungsoo.
«Jongin doesn't understand.» Chanyeol, who still had a bandaid over his nose, which made him look very cute, had mumbled to me at lunch. «He doesn't get that the problem is Sulli and him and that Kyungsoo likes him.» 
I had nodded slowly, aware of this fact as well. The problem was that no one but Kyungsoo was supposed to explain that to him, and that the latter seemed to be anything but ready to go talk to Jongin.

This afternoon, everyone was back at the singing club, but only Daehyun, Luna and Yoonjo were cheerful enough. When our friend asked us if we were coming to his party, I was surprised enough to see Kyungsoo nodding. Luhan threw a little glance at me and I sighed. Maybe, maybe this time, we could get Kyungsoo into talking to Jongin.