Chapter 14: date?

"Sorry, I'm not your fans..."

Sorry for the wait..

.


.


.


.


.


.


.

chirp.. chirp.. chirp.. (is that how bird sounds like? anyways...)

It's 7 in the morning..
Normally i would be hurrying to school by now because class starts at 8:30.. But i don't have to do that anymore..
High school life is over since two weeks ago..
But somehow I automatically awake at 7am..
It's weird how i always woke up late when i'm during school days and now i woke up early when i have no school..

Oh well..

I took a deep breath while stretching my hands above my head before i got up from my bed. Normally i would opened the curtain of my window but i guess i should refrain from doing so.. remembering what happenned yesterday..
aka.. Jonghyun showing up on the neighbor's balcony.
I'm sure that he must be there right now and waited for me to come out..

Wait, no!
How can i be so sure about it..!

"Hyosun! I know it's holiday but wake up!" My mom said as she knocked on my door.


"Im already awake! I'll go now!" I answered her while heading towards the door and opened it.

"You're still in your PJs?" She frowned. "Go brush your teeth and wash your face before you eat your breakfast."


"Yes.. yes.." I sighed. I followed my mom's word and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

 



At that time.. I didn't know that what i have expected is actually true.. Jonghyun was in his balcony, waiting for me to wake up and come out into the balcony.
"Close the window! It's cold!!" Taemin complained. He was shivering even though he already covered himself with a thick blanket.


"Are you crazy? Why are you outside!" Key added.

"He must have been waiting for Hyosun to come out.." Minho said. "Too bad, i don't think that's gonna happen.."

"Don't jinx it!" Jonghyun frowned. He went inside the house and close the balcony's window, then he sat on the floor joining the others playing cards.

"Just give it up Jonghyun.. She's not an easy girl.." Onew smirked. "Just forget the deal."

"NO!" Jonghyun rejected. "I need to buy the latest PS2 games with that $100!"

"You can use your own money.." Taemin said.

"Taemin.. Don't you realise? Whatever games we bought.. the one who used 90% of it is Onew.." Jonghyun said. "That's why i'm gonna take his $100 as a payback.."

"Doesn't really make sense but.. If that's how you want to think then.." Key sighed.

Jonghyun started to think of a way to go on a date with me in a fast way.. and after having a deep thought for a few minutes.. he came up with an idea..
He smiled as he thought of it..


 



"Hyosun! Are you done? How long are you going to take just to brush your teeth and wash your face?" My mom shouted from the dining room.

"Coming..! Coming..!" I shouted back.

I wiped my face with my towel that i hang on a bathroom's rail softly.
Then i walked out of the bathroom to the dining room.

 

 


My dad is sitting on his usual spot, same as my mom, and Jonghyun is sitting on my spot... WAIT..

JONGHYUN?

I rubbed my eyes a few times before i blinked and look at the dining table again carefully.
Strangely.. no matter how many times i rubbed my eyes or blinked my eyes, the number of people in the dining room is three and there is Jonghyun.

"W-Why are you here??" I shouted as i pointed my finger at Jonghyun.

"Morning!" Jonghyun smiled.

"Hyosun, it's not polite to point at someone!" My dad said.

"B-But.. Mom, what's happenning?? Why is he here??" I asked my mom who's bringing a teapot to the dining table.

She put down the teapot on the table and rested her hands on her hips, she frowned, "Hyosun.. Why don't you want to go on a date with him?"

"What..?" Did i hear it wrong?

"Jonghyun told us that he asked you to go on a date so many times but you refused-"

"Aunt.. It's okay.. I think she's still mad at me.." Jonghyun interrupted while acting so pitiable.

"Hyosun.. You're too much.. Even though he's your boyfriend.. You shouldn't be mad at him for that long.. and start resolving the problem.." This time my dad also taking Jonghyun's side.

"N-No.. We didn't fight! We are not boyfriend or-"

"Hyosun!" Jonghyun suddenly got up from his seat. I was kinda surprised when he did that and i automatically stopped with whatever i was doing/ about to say.
Jonghyun then walked over towards me and stopped right in front of me. "I'm sorry.." He said.

"....Y-Yeah.. Whatever. I forgive you.. but I'm not going on a date with you-" I got startled when i saw my parents' expression when they look at me. They were glaring at me..
And their glare are threatening me to go on a date with Jonghyun..
"... Alright.. We'll go.." I admit my defeat. =_='


 




An hour later...

"Let's go." I said to Jonghyun.
Jonghyun who was watching TV with my dad looked up when he heard me. I just finished getting ready.
Jonghyun was about to smile because he likes what i am wearing but he tried to hide it by looking away. My mom and dad saw that and think of it as 'cute'.
"Alright you two, go and have fun!" My mom said as she lightly pushed my back.



Both of us then made our way out of our house. I followed whereever Jonghyun is going since i have no clue nor plans on what we are going to do today. We headed towards the carpark of our apartment and went inside his car.
"So.." Jonghyun tried to break away our silence. "Where are we going?"

"I don't know." I coldly replied.

"Do you have anywhere in mind?"

"No."

"Do you want to go anywhere?"

"No."

"Lunch?"

"It's 9am."

"Shopping malls?"

"Your fans.."

"..................." Jonghyun sighed and started to step on the gas and drive away.

"Where are we going?" This time, i'm the one who's asking him.

"I don't know." He answered and continue driving.

 


 


Later we arrived at a restaurant, and Jonghyun parked his car.
"It's still too early for lunch! It's only 10 now." I said.

"We can just go there until we are hungry." Jonghyun suggested as he pointed towards a beach on the other side of the restauwant. Well.. That's not bad.. I just shrugged it off as a sign of agreement.


Jonghyun wore his hat and sunglasses and then covered his head with his hoody before he came out of the car.
"Do you really have to dress up like that?" I asked. "Isn't that making it more obvious that you are an artist?"

"This is how celebrities do it." Jonghyun smirked.
Both of us then headed towards the beach.

 


We were really awkward even though we always fight with words.
I walked ahead of him and he followed behind me. We kept distance for like 1 metres.

As we walked, there are a couple of families and people around there.
Kids were playing chasing, and accidentally one of them bumped onto me when i was looking the other way.
I really wasn't aware of it and i lose my balance. Both the kid and me fell to the side, to the water.
"Oh my gosh! Are you alright??" The kid's mother came over running. Jonghyun also came running while picking the kid up.

"I'm alright." I smiled.

"I'm sorry about that.." The mother bowed to us a few times.

"It's alright.." Both of us replied. I was expecting Jonghyun to help me up but he did not even offer me his hand. So i just got up myself and frowned.

"I'm sorry again.." The mother bowed to us once again before she left.

 

 


When they left, Jonghyun turned around and look at me. "Upset because i did not help you up?" He smirked.
"N-NO! i did not even wnat you to help me up in the first place!" ! How could he know!

"Lie.." He teased.

"No! I didn't!"

"What-e-ver~" He touched my chin with his finger to tease me. I almost blushed when he did that but i hold back.
Apparently the time we spent at the beach breaks away our awkwardness and we started to talk more and get closer.
Without realising.. Time has passed and we went to the restaurant to have a very good lunch on seafoods.
We really did have fun that day.

 


 


When we are on our way home in the car, there was a traffic jam. As we are stuck there, Jonghyun's eyes caught on something.
"Hyosun.." He called me.

"What?" I replied as i look at his direction. There, i found him looking at me with his puppy eyes.. He must have want something..

"That one.. Can we?" Jonghyun asked as he pointed something from the window. My eyes followed where he is pointing and i saw a cinema with 'Despicable Me' poster showing on. "Can we watch Despicable Me?"

"No." I coldly rejected.

"Oh pleaseeeee~~ and then we will go home!" Jonghyun pleaded.

"No. What if your fans found out?" I folded my arms. "Send me back home and you go watch by yourself."

"No, that's pathetic." Jonghyun frowned. "Pleaseeee~~ It will be quick! I can't go to cinema freely even with my members.. They refused to! Don't you wanna watch it too? Just look at that poster!"

Jonghyun kept on persuading me and slowly.. I started to get lured into it and my lips accidentaly said, "Fine.."

 

 


Jonghyun was so happy with my reply. He quickly pull over and went towards the cinema and find a carpark really fast. Jonghyun were about to go towards the ticket booth and bought the tickets. But i quickly grabbed his hands to stop him.
"Let me buy it." I said.

"It's okay. I'll buy it since you already come with me." Jonghyun smiled.

"No, it's you being a celebrity. Just give me the money and i'll buy the tickets for you." I said.

"Alright." Jonghyun answered. He handed me the money and i go to buy the tickets.



"It's $25." The ticket seller said. When i was about to give her the money i realised that Jonghyun gave me $50. So i told the worker that i'll be paying it separately. When i go back to Jonghyun, i gave him back the change.
"Why are there alot of change? Isn't it $25?" Jonghyun asked.

"It's 12.50 for each person." I said.

Jonghyun frowned when he heard that, "I wanted to pay for you."

"It's fine." I said.

"Let me pay." Jonghyun insisted.

"It's fine. I told you." I refused. "The movie is about to start, let's hurry."
Jonghyun sighed and he followed behind me.

Meanwhile we did not realise that there are few girls who recognize Jonghyun..

 




Two hours later, the movie ended.
"Aaah! That was good!" Jonghyun smiled in satisfaction.
"Yeah it was! Especially that scene!" I said. Both of us talked about the scenes in the movie.
But when we are on our way out of the cinema, Jonghyun realised that we are passing by a game centre. He suddenly grabbed my hand and dragged me to the game centre. He dragged me towards a big box of catch-game with big dolls inside.
"Hold on.. I want to play this." Jonghyun said as he inserts coins in the game.

"How old are you? and this of all games?" I chuckled seeing him acting like a little kid. At that time, Jonghyun just failed  getting a doll.

"..and you are bad at it.." I commented.

"Shut up.. Just see!" Jonghyun inserted another few coins inside.
He kept on trying until he finally got a big green dinasour ball from Mario characters. I think he already spent more than $30 for this doll.

"There you go." Jonghyun handed the doll to me. "It's for you as a thanks for today."

"Oh.. Thank you.." I said as i blushed. For some reason, i'm really happy to received this doll.

"It's fine." He smiled back. "Anyway, let's take a photo sticker as a commemoration!" Jonghyun suggested.
Without hesitation, he took my hands again and dragged me towards the photo booth.
Both of us took the picture and strikes some silly poses for it.

 


What we did not realise again is that the girls has been following us the whole time with their phone's camera...
I kinda sensed that someone been watching us but everytime i look back, i saw no one suspicious. But since i feel a bit uncomfortable about this, i told Jonghyun to go home straight away after the photo sticker.

"Just who is this girl??" One of the girl complained.

"It's not Jonghyun-oppa's girlfriend right?" The other one with ponytails asked.

"Well no! I don't think so.. How can Jonghyun-oppa get such an ugly girl!"

"What are we going to do with these videos and pictures?" The other girl with blue ribbon asked.

"You... will.. see.." The girl smirked.

.

.

.

.

.

Thanks for reading.