Victory for the Varieties!

Unwritten Co-ed

“And the song with the most votes is…” It was the New Year’s Eve show at Music Bank and the winner of the Rookie award was about to be chosen as either B1A4 or Unwritten.

The members of unwritten were intertwined on the stage, all with fingers crossed praying their name would be called. From left to right, the female MC, Shin Nori stood with Jaehyun on her on her right. His hand was slung over Amanda’s shoulder who had her arm looped through Jaehyuk’s whose arm was around Min’s waist as she had her arm looped through Wooyoung’s arm but he had one of his arms around Min’s shoulder and the other around Rosie’s waist who was clenching onto Ryuyoung’s arm while he had the other over Yeji’s shoulder pulling her in. At the other end was the male MC, Bin Daeseob, standing between Unwritten and the other group, B1A4.

 

The suspense was building.

 

“TIME TO LOVE! Congratulations Unwritten!” MC’s yelled in unison. The initial shock had Unwritten frozen in spot but it soon wore off when a sob was heard. Yeji had tears running down her face and Min was crying into her hands with joy. As the barrier broke on those two everyone else started to crack. They bowed and cried and bowed and cried then bowed some more while continuing to cry. Jaehyun, being closest at the time accepted the trophy and a microphone but passed the mic down the line of crying people to leader Rosie, who was choking on her tears, started “We-we would like to say th-thank you so much to everyone who voted for us and to-to everyone who has supported and is supporting us! Th-thank You a-also to YG-songsaengnim for b-believing in us, the BigBang sunbaes, 2NE1 sunbaes and to the rest of our YG sunbae’s for supporting us. Also to the workers who worked so hard to train us and to make us look good on s-sstage!” She passed the mic to Ryuyoung when she could hold back her tears no longer. He smiled brightly, pulling her closer to him as she cried and let out a sigh “Thank you all! We are from the YG~” “FAMILY! FAMILY! FAMILY!~” Amanda reached over to take the mic from Ryuyoung. “We won! Do you guys remember what that means?” She asked the rest of Unwritten. “Variety Shows baby!”

 

It’s true. YG had planned to keep them as a rarity to the variety world like the rest of the YG artists but Unwritten made a deal with him. If they could win the rookie award then he had to let them know when they were invited to variety shows and they could pick if they wanted to accept it or not. And so, with their first victory, the group began their journey as variety-dols (A/N: variety idols for those who don’t know.”

 

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-===-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

 

“You have to get out! Now!” Ryuyoung screamed nudging Wooyoung out of their room and to the stairs, being extra careful so he didn’t fall. “If you guys don’t leave now you’re going to be late and trust me, they WILL start without you!” Ryuyoung dragged his brother to the living room and nudged him into the room at the same time Jaehyun ran from the hall, half dressed, quickly pulling on the articles of clothes that Jaehyuk was throwing at him. Min was running around the kitchen throwing travelling foods into a bag that Amanda was chasing her with. Yeji being the only one ready in time, calmly got her house keys from Rosie, gave the girl a hug goodbye. Then she frantically took Wooyoung’s arm in her hand and sprinted through the house out to the garage. Youngjae was waiting anxiously in the car through all of that, he had already thrown their pre-packed backpacks in the van from the night before, and all he needed then, was them. His fingers were tapping the wheel at an unsteady pace.  Almost right after Yeji and Wooyoung, Amanda, who had a bag full of travel foods and drinks, and a now fully dressed Jaehyun, sprinted into the garage. Looking around to see if everybody needed was in the garage, Youngjae unlocked the doors and the four jumped in the car, snapped their seatbelts and they were off.

                Five minutes into the drive, everyone had finally calmed down a bit. Amanda opened the bag that she and Min had packed and began handing out breakfast bars and drinks. Everyone began eating in silence. Yeji, Wooyoung and Jaehyun were in the middle row eating calmly while Amanda was in the passenger seat eating and feeding Youngjae who had to keep his attention on the road in the front of him. Breaking the silence “I can’t believe we all woke up so late.” Jaehyun paused to swallow “We’re about ten minutes behind schedule now.” He sat back in his seat and ran his hand through his hair in exasperation. “Stop that,” Wooyoung took Jaehyun’s hands from his head “you’ll mess up your hair and don’t worry about it. The electricity was off last night when I woke up to get some water. That probably made our alarm clocks reset.” He patted Jaehyun on the shoulder. “Just be happy that Jaehyuk had to get up early to help out at his Appa’s café. If he didn’t, it would be more than likely that we would have missed the show completely.” Jaehyun nodded at Wooyoung’s explanation. “Yea Gandalf, relax.  You keep stressing yourself and you’ll go gray faster.” Jaehyun’s eyes narrowed at the name, he leaned forward to see past Wooyoung, “Yah,” he drawled lazily “You are too mean to your oppa ya know. I’m not that old, quit calling me Gandalf. Aish.” Jaehyun groaned and looked at his watch “We’re almost there guys but we’re still about ten-fifteen minutes late, so no time to chat with people on the way okay? Only talk to people that you have to talk to but don’t be rude about it. Alright?” “Neh.”

Soon, they arrived to SBS studios and just as quickly as Youngjae stopped the car, the four passengers were out, throwing ‘goodbye’s’ to him over their shoulders and running through SBS studios bowing and greeting people very briefly because no matter how much of a rush they were in, they could never forget their manners. Stage helpers jogged beside them and hooked microphones to each of them the best they could.

“Well everyone has introduced themselves but our special guest haven’t arrived yet-“ MC Jaesuk announced but was abruptly cut off with a ‘Wait!’

Unwritten hastily ran onto the set and bowed to everyone. “Well we are all very glad that you all made it. What took you so long though?” MC Jaesuk questioned, all the other guests looked at the Unwritten kids as well, curious as to what happened.

As the oldest and the sub-leader Jaehyun stepped forward. “We’re very sorry for being late. There was a blackout in our neighborhood this morning and although the electricity cut back on, all our clocks had already been reset so they didn’t go off. Luckily Jaehyuk had somewhere to go too and the timer set on his phone woke me up.”

Sounds of acknowledgement floated through the crowd.

“Alright well you’re fellow guests have already introduced themselves so you guys must do the same.”

“Annyeonghasaeyo! We are Unwritten!”

“I am Unwritten’s Male Lead Vocal, Silver.” Jaehyun bowed 90 degrees after introducing himself.

“I’m Ji-Ye, Unwritten’s Main Vocal of the Female variety.” And then Yeji bowed 90 degrees as well.

“Hello, I’m Amanda the Main Dancer of Unwritten.” Like her elders Amanda bowed deeply

“I’m Wooyoung but just call me Wooyoung.” The tone he said it in was so stiff it was almost cold. The atmosphere got a jolt at the start of his introduction. Why? It. was so. Awkward. Jaehyun reached out hesitantly but drew his hand back. He wasn’t sure if he should just stop Wooyoung or leave him be.

“I’m the Lead Rapper of Unwritten. Please take care of us.” And then Wooyoung bowed 90 degrees like the three before him but before he got all the way up he bowed again…and again… and. again?

“Wooyoung-ssi,” Jaesuk said, looking at Wooyoung weirdly “Why are you bowing so much.”

Wooyoung coughed a bit and although his face was blank like usual, it turned slightly red “My microphone, it’s hooked to my belt…” He motioned to the front of his pants where the wire was caught “It would look really weird if I fix it…” Everyone on set got a good laugh off of Wooyoung’s little problem. When he was right about to give up and just take off the belt, he looked up and saw a helper motioning for him to come off the set. Wooyoung quickly hobbled over to the boy who hurriedly started to unhook the microphone from Wooyoung, apologizing for the problem. Wooyoung just chuckled and said that it was no problem.

Because everyone was snickering, Jaesuk said “While they do that let me name the other players once more. Our guys are SHINee’s Minho, U-KISS’s Hoon, Beast’s Yoseob, Infinite’s L with our male veterans Kang Hodong and Park Myungsoo and our ladies are Nana and Seungyeon of After School,  f(x)’s Sulli, Miss A’s Fei and our veteran ladies, Hwangbo and Park Kyunglim!” Jaesuk glanced to the side, seeing Wooyoung now hooked back up and ready to go. “Alright we are ago once again! Everyone, line up and get ready to hear from PD-nim.”

The group lined up and waited for their names to be called so everyone could find out if they were X-man or not. Once everyone heard from the PD the team captains, Hodong and Kyunglim, picked balls from a bag to find their team. Each ball had a name on it and the end result was-

“Alrighty! So on the Pink Team with Captain Kang Hodong we have Wooyoung, Yoseob, Nana, Amanda, Seungyeon, Minho and Fei! On the Red Team there is Captain Park Kyunglim, Jaehyun, Hwangbo, Hoon, Yeji, L, Sulli and Park Myungsoo. Introduce yourselves starting with the Pink Team!”

Everyone on the Pink Team got into a line with the girls on one end and the boys on the other. “Every girl looks great in pink!” The girls of that team yelled in unison, Nana and Seungyeon made aegyo faces to the camera while Amanda and Fei gave off dazzling smiles “And only really men wear pink!” the rest of the pink team shouted and flexed their biceps…at least, they all tried to. Wooyoung, Minho and Yoseob all did so and very charismatically but Kang Hodong…well, let’s just leave that to your imagination. “Pink Team, Fighting!” They chorused at the end

“Hahaha!” Yoo Jaesuk laughed with everyone else “Hodong-ah, you may have been a wrestler but these guys have you beat. Red Team?”

“Red! Rojo! Rouge!  Hong! Balgansek! We are Red and you are dead!” Everyone showed fierce facial expressions. Growling at the camera.

“Oh~ Very strong.” MC Jaesuk commented “But it would have been much better if you all didn’t have ‘Sarang’ written across your chests.”

“Ahhhh,” Park Myungsoo groaned “We did all that to be foiled by our own clothes.”

“Yes indeed well our first game is-“ 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sorry this took so long guys, I had a full month of exams that just ended on Tuesday >.< ughhh

It's over now and so im super happy.

This is the first in the two part variety chapter :3

Thanks for waiting guys ^,^