BTD: Before the Debut

Unwritten Co-ed

“Okay everyone,” Kim Yuna whispered from in front of the Unwritten dorm once again “A week ago today, this same time, we all met ‘Unwritten’ for the first time. All throughout the week we have been seeing them perform tasks and saw them display their talents. Tonight is their debut on Music Bank and we are here at-” she glanced at her watch “four ‘o’ three in the morning, wow déjà vu, to wake them up and follow them through their official first day as idols.” With that, Yuna turned to knock on door but right before her hand reached the door, it swung open.

“RAWR!”

Yuna flew back onto her bottom in shock.

“Got you!” Amanda teased, walking forward to help Yuna off the ground. She led Yuna into the house where everyone else was already sitting in the living room. By then Yuna’s face was pink. “You’re all up already? Even those three?” she gestured to Wooyoung, Rosie and Jaehyuk

“Yes we’re up” the younger two of the three stuck their tongues out quickly then Wooyoung went on to explain “We all went to bed around five in the afternoon, so we were all able to be well rested and had no problem waking up.”

“Our BigBang and 2NE1 sunbaes visited us yesterday.” Yeji continued where Wooyoung left off. “We just relaxed, they gave us some advice about today and they rushed us all to bed. Even, my dongsaengs! But they meant well.”

Yuna shifted to sit at the edge of a chair, facing the group before her “It seems like you all are very close with BigBang and 2NE1.”

“Not just them, the whole YG family is really close.” Min piped “Teddy-oppa, Kush-oppa, YG-ssi, etc. We all get along well like a great big family. It’s probably because during training when we started practicing as a group, we didn’t see our real families for long periods of time so we had to stick together as a family.” Everyone nodded in complete agreement with Min.

“Wow, that’s good but I’m still confused about something”

“What?”

“Why are you all awake…and dressed?”

“Oh we have to leave in about an hour to practice our routines, we have to get our clothes re-fitted to make sure there are no on stage clothes malfunctions, our hair needs to be done, make-up done, practice on the actual stage and finally we’ll debut. Not to mention we have to eat, rest and take potty breaks in between there. So we needed to get up early so in case someone over slept we still had enough time to be ready to go by five.”

“Alright, then you guys are right on schedule. So in the mean time let’s go see what the fans think of you all. Does anyone have a laptop?”

“I’ll go grab mine.” Min popped up and jogged to the stairs. No more than five minutes later she came back, white laptop in hand. She plopped on the floor and everyone gathered around her. “What are we searching for?”

“Nothing really but type ‘inkdrops-unleashed.com’ in the search box.” Still confused, Min did as she was told and everyone gathered around the laptop, curious about what would come up. Yuna smiled at how anxious they all looked. “To shed some light on the situation, what you seem not to know is that you already have an official fan site. It was shown at the end of all of the episodes that have come out already. Have you watched any yet?” They all shook their heads in disagreement.

“No,” Rosie said from her spot “We always missed them or only caught the beginnings because the show comes on around the time when we have to leave for vocal practice at the company.”

“Well the website was made so people could join and be your official fans. They could post comments and questions for you all to answer.”

Simultaneous “oh’s and ah’s” sounded through the room

“Okay kids!” Yuna clasped her hands together, effectively drawing all the attention in the room “First fan message! Since it’s your laptop, you should pick the first one Minnie-ah.”

“Neh!” Min’s eyes scrolled down the list of questions but then she suddenly burst out into giggles which quickly shifted to her weird laughter. “T-th-this! I pick this one!”

“What did you find? What did you find?” Jaehyuk flung himself over to where Min was still laughing. His eyes quickly scanned over the question in mention. His neck turned a very unnatural shade of red. Jaehyuk coughed awkwardly and crossed his arms, shuffling away from the computer.

Curious expressions rose all around the room. Wanting to end the odd glances, Min quickly composed herself and read aloud, “The user ‘InkDroppedOnMyPants’ from Brazil says: In a house with so many people, boys and girls, and only two bathrooms, have you ever seen each other ?”

A room full of jaws dropped

“Yah! What kind of reality is this?” Amanda blurted, having recovered quickly “Did they rig this?”

“Aniyo.” Yuna answered, amused with the situation “These are actual fan questions.”

“…Alright…”

“Well no, we haven’t seen each other ...” Pause “Well now that I think about it, there was that one time.” Ryuyoung said

“Oh I’ll explain.” Yeji offered. “A little bit after the time we moved in together, the boys decided that it would be a good idea to watch American football together, as bonding or whatever, and as you know there’s a big time difference between America and Korea and football games take forever to end. So they all stayed up late together and woke up late together the next morning, forgetting that we had early morning dance practice. When they all woke up, we were in a rush to go and they all jumped in one bathroom, which is actually quite big, showered together, for you international fans that is not at all weird in Korea, and were apparently coming out of the shower when…a teeny tiny bug appeared-“

“Oh no, no, no, no! I’m not going to let you make it seem like we are pansies.” Jaehyuk defended “I swear a centipede as big as my foot” he held up his male size 11 foot for effect “came flying out of the drain in the shower and now that we’ve made the size of that thing clear, you may continue.”

“Yea, yea. So after seeing that bug. The four of them came scrambling out of the bathroom, towels long forgotten.” Yeji ended her story with a snicker.

“Yep.” Wooyoung sighed “Moral of that story is never stay up too late unless you want to get assaulted by monster bugs and women wielding towels the next morning.”

“Alright then, ‘InkDroppedOnMyPants’ VERY good question.” Yuna laughed along with the girls. “Next question. Since you had nothing to say on the centipede matter out of the boys, you pick the next question Jaehyun.”

“Arrasso.”  The oldest Jae scrolled down the list much like Min had and stopped on a question which he then read aloud. “ ‘YG-eneration’ from Indonesia says ‘In one episode, Hyukkie-baby said something weird and told you all not to laugh because quote ‘you all are weirdoes too!’. What are some of the weird but funny things you all have said, done or what has happened to you and in what scenarios?’” Jaehyun paused so everyone could process the question. “Okay” he said “I’ll go first. One day when we were on a break from voice training with the BigBang sunbaes, Amanda told Daesung-ie sunbae that if your hand is bigger than your face, you have cancer and when he raised his hand to his head to check, she swatted him in the face…hard” Jaehyun re-created the scene, flinging his arms for emphasis “and called him gullible. So to teach her a lesson, I told her that gullible wasn’t in the dictionary. She actually went and got a dictionary to look up the word.” Jaehyun laughed at the memory “The funny thing is that she couldn’t find the word and believed me.”

“I know one about Jae-appa!” Rosie chirped. “One day, I was in the backyard with Jae-appa and he was trying to teach me how to shoot a basketball but I guess he didn’t do a very good job because I threw the ball but it sort of met his face instead of the hoop.” She scratched her neck nervously. “He fell on the floor, I ran to him and asked why he didn’t catch the ball, he must have been dizzy because-” Rosie giggled and put on her best Jaehyun voice “he said, ‘I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me.’ I laughed so hard I almost forgot that he might have had a concussion.”

Jaehyun blushed “Yea well, at least I’m pun-ny.”

Everyone groaned

“Appaaaa! Please give us a break on the puns.” Rosie whinned

“Okay forgetting that horrible joke on Jaehyun’s part,” Ryuyoung started, glancing at Jaehyun “I usually go with Yeji to the supermarket but on one occasion I had to go with Baby Jae to buy lady products” he tugged at his collar a bit uncomfortable, but continued anyway “because three of our four girls were getting assaulted by ‘mother nature’ and the last had just recovered from the same problem. Anyways getting off topic, so I picked up several items at the food store for the girls; lady products, pills, heating pads, you know the works.” He counted off on his fingers “When we finally got up to the checker, Hyuk baby and I, learned that one of our items had no price tag…the hard way. Imagine our embarrassment when the checker got on the intercom and boomed out for the entire store to hear, ‘PRICE CHECK ON LANE THIRTEEN, TAMPAX, SUPER SIZE." That was bad enough, but somebody at the rear of the store apparently misunderstood the word 'Tampax' for ‘THUMBTACKS.’ In a businesslike tone, a voice boomed back over the intercom: ‘DO YOU WANT THE KIND YOU PUSH IN WITH YOUR THUMB OR THE KIND YOU POUND IN WITH A HAMMER?’ It was so embarrassing!” Ryuyoung rubbed his face in his hands and Jaehyuk dramatically flopped on his back “Baby Jae hasn’t come with me to the market since then.”

“Funny!” Yuna squawked “Anymore stories?”

“Oh yea! I have Rosie pegged.” Yeji snickered “Last week I decided to scare our baby, you know because she shares a room with me. I stood by the door where the light switch is and waited for her to come in. When she did, out of habit she reached for the light switch to turn on the light. Instead, she flipped my nose with her finger. I don't know if the fact that I was there or the fact that I busted out laughing scared her more but the funny thing about Rosie, when she’s like overwhelmed with emotion, for example that time she was scared, she bursts into German.” Yeji laughed at this point “So she screamed and ran off to tattle on me but that pretty much failed because she was complaining in German.”

“Yea, you guys could only imagine my surprise when she barged in my room complaining about a ‘Groß Monster versteckt in ihrem Zimmer’ which I now know means that there was a big monster hiding in her room.” Ryuyoung chuckled remembering how flustered the young girl was. Rosie smiled shyly and buried her face in Ryuyoung’s chest even though he was adding to her embarrassment

“Okay, okay” Rosie mumbled into Ryuyoung’s shirt “Enough embarrassing me please. Let’s focus on someone else…I nominate Minnie-unnie.”

“Oh-ho-ho-ho” Amanda chortled, tapping her fingers together ‘evilly’ I have the perfect story for this one” She glanced at Min who looked absolutely terrified at the look on Amanda’s face.

“Ummaaaaaa!” Min shrieked, flinging her torso onto the lap Ryuyoung who still had Rosie attached to his chest.

“Why do I feel like I’m about to buried in children in a second?” Ryuyoung joked

“Yea run to Umma aye? Well he can’t save you.” Amanda taunted “One day in our room-“

“Ah lalalalalaaaaaaa! Guys! It's five 'o' clock! We’ve got to go!” A deep but chipper voice sounded out from the door.

Yuna looked baffled “Who is that? There are only eight members in Unwritten right?”

Everyone agreed while getting up. “There are only eight of us but that’s our manager’s assistant” Jaehyun answered “He’s yet another ‘Jae’ but he can introduce himself because right now we have to go.” Jaehyun ushered the younger members out and helped them get all their belongings with assistance from Ryuyoung and Wooyoung. Everyone then rushed out the door with Yuna and the camera men in tow.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Hey guys,another chapter up. Whooot whooot! AH-HA! I got the banner up :D
Thaaaaaaaanks Minnie <3


It's kinda simple but I like it ^.^