Cat's Out Of The Bag

New Dawn

"Wait... You are what? And I'm what?" asked a shocked Seohyun, "A werewolf?" EXO nodded.


~Flashback~

Seohyun was called to the living room by Luhan. Seohyun came to the living room cheerfully, but did not know what is in store for her.
"Seohyun, I heard you shriek. Is there anything wrong?" asked Kris.
"N..no. Nothing," she replied.
"Then why did you shriek? Were shocked about something?"
"N...no. It’s nothing," she said putting on a fake smile.
"Um... Seohyun, there is something that we would like to tell you," said Luhan.
"By the way, why did you and D.O look at me funny when I woke up?"
"That's what we would like to tell you."
"Oh..."
"Well... I hate to break it to you but..." said D.O, "we are werewolves."
"And so are you..." Suho added.

~End~


"Please tell me that this isn't true."
"Sorry Seohyun, it's true. The wolf that you saw in the forest, the white one, is Sehun," said Luhan.
"What about me?"
"You're special. A very special one."
"Me? What about you?"
"We were born this way. Each and every one of us is a wolf."
"So what am I? A hybrid? Or..."
"You're different. You were changed."
"Changed?"
"Yes... changed by what we know as New Dawn."
"New Dawn?"
"Yes... It's a story that has been passed down from many generations," said Suho.
"Could you maybe tell me the story?"
"Well... It is a really long story... but instead I'll summarize it for you." Seohyun nodded. "New Dawn happens once every century. It doesn't have an exact time when it happens, but it is always once every century."
"Does it mean that this happened 100 years ago?"
"Yes. But it started way back," said Kris.
"May I ask, how did you know when it will happen?"
"We don't. It was just luck when we saw it happened to you."
"How?"
"You were staring into the sky. Suho, Luhan, Tao and I were standing behind you. Being oblivious to us."

Seohyun hung her head, then asked if she were to be like this for the rest of her life. EXO nodded as a reply. Both Seohyun and EXO kept quiet till sundown. Then Seohyun's stomach started to growl. Knowing what to do, D.O and Lay ran towards the kitchen to whip up a meal for the hungry wolf. While they were cooking, Luhan went towards Seohyun and told her that she is now part of the family. Seohyun just nodded.

"Seohyun! Food's ready," Lay called out. Hearing this, Seohyun quickly made her way to the kitchen. She sat and ate the food that was prepared just for her. D.O and Lay then placed more food on the table and called the rest for dinner.

Once everybody was eating quietly, Seohyun started to speak up. She was curious of something, and she asked them. Their age. Instead of being shocked, EXO told their age calmly. Seohyun took time to process the information that was given to her. There are two members with the same age as her, three who are older and the rest younger. After their quiet dinner, they dispersed into their respective rooms.

When the moon is at its highest, Seohyun was seen coming out of the house and into the forest. She made her way to the same spot when she first came in, the spot where she saw Sehun. It was a full moon out and Seohyun was there to see the bright moon light. Being attracted to the moon light, Seohyun goes through some changes. Going on all fours, her arms and legs turned into four limbs, her face changed and she grows a tail. After that transformation, only a wolf is seen staring intently towards the moon. Then, the wolf let out a howl. It stood there for a while before running back into the house. Looking around carefully, the wolf made its way into a room quietly. It laid on the bed and fell asleep.

Throughout the night, EXO were sleeping soundly oblivious to what had happened with the exception of D.O and Luhan. They heard the howl and wondered who it came from. They met and searched high and low for the source of the howl. After some time, they gave up searching as they can't seem to find who it came from. Little did they know, the source is already sleeping soundly. Since the two weren't able to find the source, they gave up searching and went back to their rooms.

Meanwhile, in Seohyun's room...
The wolf is going through changes once again. Now back the way she was before. But what was unknown to her was that EXO knows that she was not an ordinary werewolf, and that there are more secrets, among all of them, than they can talk about.


Update~~~

Hoped you enjoy the chapter. Thanks for the subs.

《Comments are very much appreciated.》

A/N: Just in case your wondering, the time setting of this story is the 21st Century.