Cursed

New Dawn

"What's wrong with you?" asked her friend, Yoona.
"I don't know... Maybe I'm thinking too much," replied Seohyun.
"Then get your mind back here. It's just a myth."
"That's right. Nothing but a myth. It's not real. A mere legend."

~Flashback~

 

"There is no such thing as a curse. It is all fake. Done only to keep people away. Well, I'm going to prove them wrong." She walked into the cursed forest, bravely - or stupidly. She entered the forest at night, with a full moon shining brightly.

 

~End~

"Wait... but what I saw is definitely real...": Seohyun thought to herself. There is always this saying, 'You must see to believe'. Seohyun was lost in thought and was oblivious to the numerous calling of her name. Yoona felt frustrated and walked to her friend. She needed to know what was wrong with Seohyun, but she believed that she already knew what was wrong.

For days, Yoona was repeating what she said to Seohyun. Over and over again. It was getting repetitive but Yoona has always been straight in her thoughts of myths and legends. Soon after, she got frustrated with Seohyun and didn't bother to care about Seohyun's mythical talk. But what she did not know was that Seohyun's mythical talk was real. Seohyun then felt that Yoona was ignoring her and that no one believed what she said. Seohyun then became lonely. She then decided to go back into the forest when night falls.

When darkness filled the sky and day turns into night, Seohyun made her way to the city outskirts. As she was about to enter, all the rumour of the curse came into her mind and haunt her. Seohyun just blocked out all the rumours and enter the cursed forest without hesitation. She made her way past the trees and saw an empty area that was lit up by the full moon's shine. She entered that part of the forest and felt the breeze blowing, a cooling breeze. A howl was then heard far of in the distance, and yet Seohyun was oblivious to it. Multiple howls were then heard, not just two or three but twelve. Only then, Seohyun heard the howls and started to look around. A white wolf was seen in a distance from where Seohyun was standing. It looked beautiful as its fur was reflecting the moon's shine. Seohyun was rooted to the ground as she felt that the wolf looking at her direction was no ordinary one. Any normal animal would run away after seeing a human, however this white wolf was still looking towards her direction. Soon, another three more wolves arrived at the scene. Seohyun started to tremble in fear and her flight or fight response failed to function.

Then she heard leaves rusting coming from the east, but she was too scared to move. The rusting gets louder. Still Seohyun is too scared to move. Then there no more sound, the place became eerie and Seohyun was shaking like a leaf. Then she felt a hand on her shoulder, and she screamed from shock. She felt all her energy left her body and fainted.

When she woke up, she was in a totally different place. Her head was pounding as she sat up on the bed. "Oww... Wh...Where am I?" she asked herself.
"You're at our home," said a voice.
"Wh...Who are you?"
"Me? I'm Luhan." Seohyun had nothing else to say even though she was very curious. Seohyun tried to stand up and move around however her body does not permit her from moving too much.
"I think it's best if you were to rest first. You've been out for quite some time," said Luhan.
"What... How long was I out?"
"About a week."
"What..." Seohyun tried to get up and find her phone. Again she was limited by her own body, Luhan knew what she was trying to do, so he went out. A few minutes later he came back with something in his hand. He handed it to her and Seohyun thanked him. He gave her a smile and walked away. Seohyun checked her phone and found that she had 80 miss calls and 50 messages, all from her friends.

After reading those messages, she decided to explore the place. The building was huge and she was baffled by its size. She was thinking why the building is so big when it houses only one person. But little did she know that the building houses not just one person, but twelve. As she continued exploring, she found a veranda and walked towards it. A white tail was poking out into the room. Seohyun was oblivious to it and moved closer to the veranda. As soon as she reached the veranda, she found a chair and sat while staring into the blue sky. "Grrr." Seohyun looked around to find where the growling came from, that's when she noticed a white wolf. Staring straight into its eyes, Seohyun was trembling. She got up and walked backwards from where she came from. Bumping into Luhan on her way out. Luhan asked what she was doing and why was she out. Seohyun only said that she wanted to explore the place.

"I'll be your guide then," replied Luhan.


Update~~~~~

Hoped you enjoy the chapter. Thanks for the subs.

《Comments are very much appreciated.》