Chapter 7

Messages from the Heart

Chapter 7

 

Tiffany, 24 Years Old, Manila, Philippines

 

The crowd was ecstatic as Yuri finished up her dance solo. The jam packed Araneta Coliseum was sweltering from the intense humidity coming from outside and the crowded venue. Yuri walked back stage and tossed her microphone set to one of the interns. She wiped the sweat from her brow and took a sip of water. She looked over to Tiffany who was fixing her make-up in the mirror. Yuri watched as Tiffany brushed her cheeks with a little touch of blush. She admired how Tiffany was continuing to carry on as a singer. Yuri sighed.

 

“Poor Fany…”

 

It had been at least a month since the girls and the rest of the management uncovered Tiffany’s pregnancy and affair. The president was devastated by the news and was on the verge on pulling the plug on the group but Tiffany begged. Yuri remembered when Tiffany dropped to her knees in the conference room. Tiffany’s eyes were filled with tears.

 

“No…no…no…please…no…don’t take this away from them…it’s my fault…please…”

 

The SM President wiped his tears and helped Tiffany to her knees. The old man wept as well.

 

“I raised you as my own daughter…”

 

Tiffany wept.

 

“Then…you go out…and betray everything we stood for!”

 

The president slapped Tiffany across the face and the girls shrieked. Tiffany slowly turned her face and continued to cry. The president held her hand.

 

“I will forgive you...it was a mistake…but…we must move on…the management will do everything in its power to protect you…and…your child…”

 

Tiffany placed her hand on her stomach and prayed for her future baby.

 

“God bless you…sir…”

 

Yuri wiped her tear and looked up to Tiffany.

 

“Fany…”

 

Tiffany turned and smiled.

 

“Yes?”

 

Yuri gathered her last strength and tightened her hands into fists.

 

“Fany…fighting…”

 

Tiffany smiled and went over to hug Yuri.

 

“Yuri…thank you…thank you for being there for me…”

 

“I…well…we would NEVER leave you, Fany…”

 

Tiffany eased back and Yuri wiped her tears.

 

“Go out there and sing your heart out…”

 

“I will…”

 

Tiffany placed her hand on her stomach and smiled. Yuri smiled as well.

 

“Yuri…do you think…my child will hear me?”

 

“Yes…your baby will be listening…everyone will be listening…”

 

Tiffany slowly smiled and deeply sighed. She cracked her knuckles and cleared .

 

“Yuri-ah…I’m ready for my solo…”

 

“Fany…fighting…”

 

Tiffany opened the curtains and hurried up onto the stage. Yuri could hear the fans explode when Tiffany hit the stage in her gorgeous red dress and beautiful hair. Jessica approached Yuri from behind as they watched Tiffany speak to the fans. Jessica whispered.

 

“I have known Fany since we were 6 years old…she has always dreamed of doing this…nothing would stop her from doing this…”

 

Yuri looked to Jessica.

 

“I only wish…that Tiffany’s love…would be watching her…for she is hurting…because of him…”

 

Yuri bit her lip as Jessica continued to watch her best friend sing her heart out.

 

Tiffany stood on stage and waved to all the fans. She gave them her best eye smile and the crowd melted. Tiffany spoke into the microphone.

 

“To my Filipino fans, MABUHAY!”

 

The crowd cheered loudly.

 

“Tonight is a very special night…as you can see…I’m wearing my favorite red dress…what do you think?!”

 

The fans loved her outfit and screamed loudly in appreciation. Tiffany laughed and made her best “aegyo”.

 

“Aww….thank you!”

 

Tiffany cleared .

 

“Well…I’m here to sing a little song for you all…it’s a classic from one of my favorite artist…Mariah Carey…it’s titled…My All…”

 

Tiffany gazed into the crowd and suddenly began to drift off. She search for Siwon’s face but couldn’t find him. Tiffany thought to herself.

 

“He wouldn’t have come…what was I thinking?”

 

Tiffany woke up from her fleeting dream phase and spoke up into the microphone.

 

“This song is dedicated to someone…very…special to me…”

 

The sad music began to play and Tiffany began to hum. The dark blue lights flashed on and the crowd was quieted by Tiffany’s grace.

 

“I am thinking of you…In my sleepless solitude tonight…If it's wrong to love you…Then my heart just won't let me right…'Cause I've drowned in you…And I won't pull through without you by my side…”

 

Yuri and Jessica were amazed. They could feel the love coming from Tiffany’s soul.

“I'd give my all to have…Just one more night with you…I'd risk my life…to feel…Your body next to mine…'cause I can't let go on…Living in the memory of your song…I'd give my all for your love tonight…”

 

Tiffany raised her hand into the air and closed her eyes.

“Baby can you feel me…Imagining I'm looking in your eyes…I can see you clearly…Vividly emblazoned in my mind…And yet you're so far…Like a distant star…I'm wishing on tonight…”

The crowd began to wave their arms in unison. Tiffany began to raise her voice higher.

 

“I'd give my all to have! Just one more night with you…I'd risk my life to feel your body next to mine…'cause I can't let go on…Living in the memory of your song…I'd give my all for your love tonight…”


The sound of the Spanish guitar brought the crowds into tears. Tiffany deeply breathed in and continued to sing.

“I'd give my all to have! Just one more night with you…I'd risk my life to feel your body next to mine!
Cause I can't let go on…Living in the memory of your song…I'd give my all for your love tonight…Give my all… for your love…Tonight….”

 

Tiffany hummed and slowly faded off. The crowd exploded in applause and Tiffany gave a big smile. She bowed several times and blew kisses into the crowd.

 

“Salamat sa inyo lahat!!!” (Filipino: Thank you everyone!)

 

She waved and walked backstage. She arrived and the whole group was clapping for her. Tiffany began to tear up and Sooyoung went over and hugged her. The whole group began to tear together and held Tiffany closely. Jessica whispered to Tiffany’s ear.

“Regardless if he didn’t hear it…you were amazing…and no one could take that away from you…”

 

The sound of applause began to ring through Tiffany’s ears as she returned to the wardrobe room.

 

“Thank you…thank you so much…”

 

The crowds waited for the girls to exit from behind the coliseum. The bus was parked outside and security had to block the fans. The girls finally arrived outside and began to hurry towards the bus. One by one, the girls jumped inside. Tiffany was being held by her manager as he tried to shield her. As they hurried, Tiffany caught a glimpse of a familiar face.

 

“Siwon…”

 

She spoke to her manager.

 

“Oppa…wait…”

 

“Fany…we need to hurry!”

 

“I know…but wait…”

 

She looked over to the crowd and saw a shadowy man vanish down the street. She hurried into the screaming fans to follow him. Her manager screamed.

 

“Fany!”

 

The crowds grabbed into her and she pushed through.

 

“We love you Fany!”

 

“You’re so beautiful!!!”

 

Tiffany nodded and smiled as she pushed through.

 

“Thank you…please…I need to get through…”

 

Taeyeon looked from the window.

 

“That girl…what the hell is she doing?”

 

Tiffany broke through the crowd and hurried down the street. There were taxis and jeepneys zooming by. Tiffany followed the pedestrians as she tried to remember where he ran off to.

 

“Where did he go?”

 

She made it across the street and ran into an alley. She began to feel exhausted and wiped her sweat.

 

“Siwon…”

Suddenly, someone grabbed her from behind. Tiffany screamed.

 

“YA!!!!!”

 

Tiffany turned and slapped the man. It was Siwon.

 

“Oppa?”

 

Siwon rubbed his cheek.

 

“Fany…I’m sorry…”

 

Tiffany leaped into his arms and kissed him. He kissed back.

 

“Siwon…I thought you would never…make it…”

 

“I did…you were…beautiful…”

 

“I was…”

 

Tiffany kissed him again. Siwon eased back.

 

“Siwon?”

 

“Fany…things…things are getting complicated now…with the family…”

 

“How so?”

 

Siwon sighed deeply and stared into her eyes.

 

“Yeon Hee…she’s…pregnant…”

 

Tiffany was stunned.

 

“I…found out…after I arrived from Japan…”

 

Tiffany began to breathe deeply.

 

“Tiffany…are you alright?”

 

“I never told you…”

 

“Told me, what?”

 

Tiffany looked into Siwon’s eyes.

 

“I’m pregnant too…”

 

Siwon, 51 Years Old, Jeju Island

 

Siwon woke up from his daydream and realized where he was. The cool breeze brushed his skin as he sat in his pick-up truck overlooking the beautiful view of the beaches down below. His dream of that night with Tiffany still brought shivers down his spine. He still remembered the pain she endured to tell that news to him and the plan they had to carry to keep their baby together a secret from his family.

 

“I was so…foolish…”

 

After hearing Minho’s words earlier about Yeon Hee’s knowledge of his affair with Tiffany made him remember painful times.

 

“How could I have been so foolish? Yeon Hee was smarter than I could ever be? She simply sat back and watched me cheat on her…I must have been a monster in her eyes…”

 

Siwon shut his eyes and smacked his steering wheel.

 

“Did she ever forgive me?”

 

Siwon started his truck and headed back to the office.

 

Later that night…

 

Minho locked up the office as Siwon went to his trunk to grab some beer.

 

“Hey son, why don’t you join me?”

 

He opened the cooler and tossed a cold, crisp beer to Minho. Minho caught it and looked up confusingly.

 

“Dad…we have to work tomorrow…we should get some rest…”

 

“Oh please…relax a little…let’s talk…”

 

Minho leaned against the truck and snapped opened his beer. Siwon sat on the stair step and sipped on his beer.

 

“Son…these past few days have been…well…a real shocker to me…and I must believe it was shocker for you too…”

 

Minho remained silent.

 

“That woman who visited…yes…she was your sister…and…yes…she was from another woman…but please…don’t hate her for that…”

 

“I don’t…It just opened up old wounds and brought forth more questions…”

 

“Questions? Like what?”

“Mom always knew but she never told me…”

 

“Your mother…she was…a strong woman…I respected her…I truly did…when she passed away…I fell into a whirlwind of pain and despair…how could I ever forgive myself for acting the way I did…”

 

Minho sipped on his beer.

 

“You mentioned you were in love…”

 

Siwon looked to his son. His son was trying to fight his tears. Finally realizing that his father’s heart belonged to another woman was painful for him.

 

“Your mother was beautiful…smart…loyal…but…I just…I just couldn’t bring myself to loving her…she knew it too…”

 

“Grandpa told me about your marriage…it was for the company…”

 

“It was…but…after your mother passed…I left the company and what was left from the inheritance was used to open up our air field…”

 

Minho stood up and looked over to the dark air field.

 

“You think Mom would have loved it?”

 

Siwon walked over and placed his arm around Minho.

 

“She would have…”

 

Siwon looked to his son.

 

“What were your questions, by the way?”

 

Minho eased off his father and walked over to the trunk to grab more beer. He snapped open a new can and drank up. He looked to his father.

 

“Who was SHE?”

 

“Oh…”

 

“Seohyun’s mother…who was she?”

 

“You were only a child when there was a popular girl group in Korea…Girls’ Generation…she was a member…”

 

“I faintly remember them…they were beautiful…”

 

“Yes…”

 

“Which one was she?”

 

“Tiffany…”

 

Minho’s eyes opened wide in surprise.

 

“Tiffany…I remember now…”

 

“Remember what, son?”

 

“Mom knew who she was…”

 

“She did? Yeon Hee…”

 

Yeon Hee, 31 Years Old, Seoul, Korea

 

It was the dead of night when suddenly the door opened up slowly. Siwon slowly stumbled in with the scent of booze all around him. Suddenly, the lights and Yeon Hee stood by stair case. She shook her head in disappointment.

 

“Siwon…you told me it would only be a staff meeting…not another karaoke night…”

 

Siwon slid his back against the wall and looked up to Yeon Hee. He was sweating and his eyes were sleepy. He spoke with a drunken slur.

 

“Yeon…Hee…why do you still…put up with me? I mean…come on…I’m a mess….”

 

Yeon Hee slowly pulled him up. Siwon refused to sit up and sat back down.

 

“Let me sit for a second! I’m drunk here!”

 

“Siwon…please…Minho is asleep…it took me hours to put him to rest…”

 

“Oh…oh…oh…sorry…”

 

“Siwon…please…let’s go to bed…”

 

“You never answered my question though…why are you still with me?”

 

“Because…I’m your wife…we’re married…that’s why I’m here…”

 

“My goodness…Yeon Hee…that doesn’t matter…the heart…why is your heart still here? You never wanted to move to Seoul…you never wanted me to join the company…why did you even want to marry me if you knew your life would have been like this?”

 

“I loved you…”

 

Siwon looked up to Yeon Hee as she tried to pick him up. Siwon stood up and stared at her.

“You…loved me?”

 

“I still do...now…let’s sleep…”

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

Yeon Hee looked to Siwon. He began to weep.

 

“Siwon?”

 

“I’m so…sorry…”

 

“You’re drunk…”

 

“I just don’t understand…”

 

“Understand what, Siwon?”

 

“I can’t understand why you can love me…but I can’t love you in return…”

 

Yeon Hee froze and looked up to Siwon. He continued to wipe his tears. She always suspected that Siwon’s heart wasn’t 100% into their marriage because of all the stipulations attached with them. She always felt he was forced to marry her.

 

“Siwon…we’ll speak in the morning…now please…”

 

“I didn’t go to the karaoke bar tonight…I tried to find Tiffany…I’m…I’m sorry…”

 

Siwon placed his hand on her shoulder and continued up the stairs. Yeon Hee stood still as he vanished up the steps. She remembered that name and knew who she was.

 

“Tiffany…”

 

Suddenly, she felt her heart slowly drop but she couldn’t conjure up the will to cry. She began to breathe slowly and turned off the lights. She slept in her baby son’s room that night.

 

Siwon, 51 Years Old, Jeju Island

 

Minho spoke up.

 

“She told me that you told her who you were with but…she denied it at the time…she stood by the excuse that you were drunk…but…she always knew you didn’t love her…”

 

Siwon wiped his tears and looked away from his son.

 

“What else happened?”

 

“Well…she finally realized her suspicions were true when Tiffany was being rumored to having an affair...it was broadcasted on TV…I was 5 years old when that happened…Mom was quiet that day…”

 

Siwon remained silent and his tears slowly fell as Minho returned to his story.

 

Yeon Hee, 36 Years Old, Seoul, Korea

 

Yeon Hee was folding the laundry as she was watching the nightly entertainment news update on television. The program went through new movie releases, promotions, concert updates and juicy celebrity gossip. That night, the show revealed the hottest gossip to strike the K-Pop world. The reporter spoke up.

 

“HOTTEST NEWS HERE, FOLKS!!! After years and years of rumors flying around, it has been found that, Tiffany of SNSD, has been in an illicit affair with a married man…a wealthy businessman…and even shared a child together…who is already 5 years old…SM has went to great lengths to cover up this scandal but SSF NEWS IS RELENTLESS AND WILL FIND THE TRUTH!”

 

The TV suddenly shut off and Minho turned to his mother.

 

“Mommy?”

 

She stopped what she was doing and ran to the bathroom. Minho was confused.

 

“Mommy, are you okay?”

 

He ran over to the bathroom door and heard her crying.

 

“Mommy…”

 

“Minho…baby…Mommy is fine…just play, okay? I’ll be right out…”

 

“Okay Mommy…”

 

Minho returned to what he was doing. Yeon Hee slowly opened the door and wiped her tears.

 

“Siwon…”

 

He suspicions had finally come true. Siwon never loved her the way he loved Tiffany and she already knew that when they were only in engaged. The moment Siwon and Tiffany saw each other again in California and their long stares; she already knew where Siwon’s heart had traveled to. After hearing news about Girls’ Generation’s success and Tiffany being a member, the suspicion of Siwon finding her again never escaped her mind. Yet, she never wanted to act on her instincts because she cared too much about the family and her love for Siwon. She didn’t want to lose him. Yeon Hee’s heart began to ache.

 

“My god…what am I doing to myself? What did I do wrong? Was I wrong to ever love?”

 

Siwon, 51 Years Old, Jeju Island

 

Siwon and Minho arrived home and Minho quickly vanished to his room. The conversation they shared earlier really took its toll on him and Siwon knew he had to leave him alone for a little bit.

 

“Poor kid…was I wrong to love as well?”

 

Siwon’s home was mediocre with bland colors and an old fashioned layout. The home was messy with clothing, old newspapers, and dirty dishes stacked up in the kitchen. The home had obviously been absent of any feminine touch for ages. Minho threw his shoes off and slowly rested on his couch and the TV. The news flared on. It was only a weekly update on the forecast. Yet, he couldn’t focus on the news and got lost in his thoughts.

 

“Yeon Hee…”

 

He looked over towards the coffee table in front of him which contained several photos of the family before Yeon Hee passed away. He slowly got up and picked up a photo of him, Yeon Hee, and baby Minho. It was one of those photos that were taken in the professional studios. They all had bright, innocent smiles. Siwon cringed with shame and slowly began to place the frame down. He lost his grip and he dropped the frame which shattered on the table.

 

“My god…what is wrong with me? Am I getting that old?”

 

Suddenly, he heard a special report on the TV which caught his attention. The reporter was enthusiastic.

 

“Remember years ago when there was a big group named ‘Girl’s Generation’? Well today out of nowhere…record sales showed a skyrocket from their first album…it looks like the kids are going back to the classics…gosh I remember those days in high school! Tiffany was amazing-“

 

Siwon turned the TV off and sat in darkness. He started to recall the news that shattered Tiffany’s image and how he was responsible.

 

Siwon, 31 Years Old, Seoul, Korea

 

After hearing the news of Tiffany’s pregnancy along with his wife’s, Siwon’s world was beginning to turn sideways. At first, he felt he could slide through and see Tiffany and carry on with their passionate affair, but things were further complicated. Siwon had connections in the SM agency and he did whatever it took to see Tiffany yet his hook-ups were advising him to keep his distance.

 

“Hyung…with Tiffany’s pregnancy…the President is playing it close and will do whatever it takes to keep this issue under wraps…he’s planning to let the media know that Tiffany had a bus accident in Thailand which will sideline her for several months…this way she can hide her pregnancy and give birth in secrecy…to protect the company and the group…”

 

Siwon shook his head.

 

“I understand, but she’s having my baby…I need to see her…”

 

“I’m sorry…the girls are on serious lock down…their schedules are being heavily watched especially Tiffany’s…”

 

“Please…”

 

“I’m sorry, Hyung…”

 

The phone hung up and Siwon was left in his office confused and hurt. Tiffany, his love, was going to give birth to his child and he couldn’t even be there to support her. Siwon was torn.

 

Siwon was heading to his car and was buzzed from all the drinking. He pulled out his phone and realized he received a text message from Tiffany. It read:

 

“Siwon…I miss you…please see me…outside my dorm…”

 

Siwon was shocked and hurried off to her dorm.

 

Siwon was one of few people outside of SM that knew the exact location of the girls’ dorm. It was located in the higher income parts of town yet it seemed like a regular apartment. It was a great cover-up for anyone celebrity. Siwon parked his car across the street and slowly crept towards the dorm. As he approached the front entrance, he heard Tiffany’s voice from around the corner. She whispered.

 

“Oppa…over here…”

 

Siwon looked and saw her and hurried over to her. They slowly backed into the alley. She pulled off her hood and Siwon started to kiss her. Tiffany eased back.

 

“Oppa…wait…”

 

“What? Am I hurting you?”

 

“No…it’s just…it’s real important and we need to talk…”

 

“Wait…let’s kiss first…”

 

Siwon placed his lips on her neck and began to kiss her slowly. Tiffany began to wrap her arms around him.

 

“Oppa…please…”

 

Siwon slowly stopped.

 

“Tiffany…I missed you…”

 

“I missed you too…every night…”

 

“Is there anyone upstairs?”

“They’re all there…please we need to talk…let’s go to your car…”

 

Siwon nodded and they walked across the street and got into his car. After the doors closed, they began to kiss again. The passion between them never seemed to end. Tiffany pulled back and her eyes were fiery.

 

“Oppa…I love you…but…we need to talk…”

 

“Talk…”

 

“They’re going to keep me away from you…”

 

“I know…baby…I know…”

 

“We can’t see each other for awhile…well until the baby is born…”

 

Siwon looked to her stomach and placed his hand on her. They both smiled at each other.

 

“Oppa…when this baby is born…I’m going to stop singing…”

 

“Fany…you can’t….that’s your dream…”

 

“No…this was my dream…to be with you…”

 

Suddenly, Siwon turned pale. Tiffany was terribly in love with him. He loved her but he couldn’t turn his back on his family.

 

“Fany…Yeon Hee…she’s pregnant too…”

 

Tiffany’s eyes flared up with dismay.

 

“So?”

 

“I…I…can’t leave her…”

 

“But…what about…us?”

 

Siwon looked to her.

 

“I can’t…”

 

Tiffany couldn’t even calculate the amount of anger and disappointment in her.

 

“I was a fool, Oppa…”

 

Siwon looked to her.

 

“To ever think I could end up with you…”

“Tiffany…I love you…”

 

“Then run away with me…I’ll stop singing…you’ll stop working…”

 

Siwon began to tear up.

 

“I can’t…I can’t betray her…”

 

“THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT HERE?!”

 

Tiffany opened the door and slammed it shut. She stormed across the street and disappeared into the dormitory. Siwon slammed his fist on his steering wheel and yelled.

 

“AHHHHHH!!!!”

 

Several years would go by before Tiffany and Siwon saw each other again. Eventually, Tiffany gave birth to her daughter as did Yeon Hee gave birth to her son. Siwon stood beside Yeon Hee as she screamed in pain in the delivery room. She gripped Siwon’s hands tightly as she pushed her child out. Siwon cheered her on.

 

“Come on, Yeon Hee….you can do it…you’re almost there….”

 

Yeon Hee screamed loudly and her baby came out.

 

“You did it, baby…”

 

Siwon brushed her hair as the doctor raised the baby up.

 

“It’s a boy!”

 

The couple smiled and kissed. As the doctor held the baby up, he began to remember Tiffany and wondered what pain she was enduring.

 

Tiffany, 25 Years Old, Seoul Korea

 

Tiffany screamed with pain as the nurse encouraged her to push.

 

“Come on Fany! You can do it!”

 

Seohyun was the only one in the delivery room with Tiffany. The rest of the girls remained outside with the President. Seohyun held Tiffany’s hand.

 

“Unnie…please….just a little more!”

 

Tiffany screamed in pain as her baby was pushed out. The doctor received the baby.

 

“It’s a girl!”

Tiffany was breathing heavily yet gave her beautiful eye smile. The baby was cuter than ever and cried loudly. Seohyun and Tiffany began to tear up. The nurse handed the baby to Tiffany. Tiffany cradled her child and stared at her closely.

 

“So beautiful….”

 

Seohyun was crying.

 

“You did, Unnie…”

 

“I’m naming my baby after my favorite member…Seohyun…”

 

Seohyun was surprised and hugged Tiffany.

 

“I’m honored…”

 

The rest of the girls entered and screamed with joy.

 

“Fany is a Mommy!!!”

 

Tiffany looked to her baby and held her tight.

 

“I wish your daddy was here…you’ll meet him soon…I promise…”

 

Siwon, 36 Years Old, Seoul, Korea

 

An amateur photographer poked his head outside of his apartment after hearing a loud commotion from outside. It was drunken businessman yelling someone’s name outside on the street. He took his camera and began to video tape.

 

Siwon was madly drunk and was waving his bottle of soju.

 

“Tiffany!!! Come outside right now!!! It’s been 5 years and I’m tired of your games!!! I want to see my child now!!!”

 

Taeyeon looked out the window and saw Siwon.

 

“That drunken fool is here again…Fany! Get over here and speak to him!”

 

“I don’t want to see him!”

 

Sooyoung yelled.

 

“You better go out there or I will and knock him out!”

 

As the girls screamed at one another, Seohyun held onto little Seohyun.

 

“Unnie…what’s going on?”

“Nothing baby…there’s just a crazy man outside…that’s all…”

 

“A crazy man?”

 

Little Seohyun ran over to the window and took a glimpse.

 

“I want to see my daughter!!!”

 

Little Seohyun turned.

 

“His daughter? Who’s his daughter?”

 

Seohyun ran over to her and pulled her away from the window.

 

“Come darling let’s go to my room and play! The other Unnie’s will take care of him…”

 

Sooyoung stormed out of the dorm as the tearful Tiffany chased after her.

 

“Sooyoung, wait!!!”

 

“No one ruins my Unnie’s life like this!”

 

Sooyoung stormed out the dorm and approached the drunken Siwon.

 

“Listen up you jerk!”

 

Tiffany tried to pull Sooyoung away but she pulled off.

 

“You come by here with NO RESPECT! And you yell like a MAD MAN!!! How dare you?! How dare you think you can be a part of Tiffany’s life?!”

 

Siwon waved his finger in her face.

 

“Listen you…get away…this is between Fany and me, alright? Go back upstairs before I ruin your face!”

 

Sooyoung shoved him to the ground.

 

“You are not worth her time! Or, your daughter’s! Stay away from us before we call the police!”

 

Siwon slowly got up and looked to Tiffany. Tiffany avoided his eye contact and hid behind Sooyoung. Taeyeon arrived downstairs with a knife.

 

“Get away from our home now! We are Tiffany’s family!”

 

Siwon wiped his spit and looked at Tiffany again.

 

“I want to see our child please…I want to see, Seohyun…”

 

Tiffany shook her head and returned into the dorm. Taeyeon glared at Siwon. He spat on the ground and slowly backed up.

 

“You girls are something else…”

 

As he left, the man with the camera shut his camera off and smiled.

 

“Jackpot…”

 

Siwon, 51 Years Old, Jeju Island, Present Time

 

He deeply sighed as he took another shot of scotch. He downed it quickly and fell back onto the couch. He was a mess. He slowly dug into his pocket and pulled out Tiffany’s number.

 

“Should I? Am I worthy?”

 

The memories were so painful between them. He was reluctant to call her for it would reopen those familiar wounds. Yet, he didn’t have a friend in the world and Tiffany might be his last chance to get up from his current stage of despair and feel whole again. He sighed again and pulled the phone to him and began to dial the number.

 

“Pick up…please…pick up…”

 

Tiffany, 45 Years Old, Pasadena, CA

 

It was the afternoon and Tiffany’s vocal class was slowly finishing up. Every other day, she teaches a vocal class for kids who want to sing. The job isn’t too hard and the money made was enough to help pay a few bills around the home. One of the little girls came up to Tiffany and hugged her.

 

“Ms.Fany…”

 

“Yes?”

 

“I saw an old picture of you…when you were an idol in Korea…you were beautiful!”

 

“Aww…thank you…what about now, huh?”

 

“You never changed!”

 

Tiffany smiled and hugged the little girl.

 

“Thank you, darling…”

 

The rest of the students waved goodbye as they exited the house. Tiffany shut the door and sighed.

 

“I wonder what picture it was…Hoot? Genie?”

 

Tiffany began to tidy up the living room. Suddenly, the phone rang. Tiffany dropped the pillows and went over to the phone in the kitchen. She answered.

 

“Hello…”

 

She could hear breathing on the other end.

 

“Okay…who is this?”

 

The caller cleared his throat and spoke up.

 

“Fany?”

 

Tiffany was shocked and only knew a few people who knew her by that name.

 

“Yes?”

 

“It’s…Siwon…”

 

End of Chapter 7

 

After seeing Siwon’s past, will he ever recover from his pain and regret? Did Yeon Hee ever forgive him? What will happen now since Siwon and Tiffany are back in contact? Will this be their second chance to be free and love one another? More to come on the next chapter of “Messages from the Heart”!