The Final Chapter

Messages from the Heart

The Final Chapter

 

The lights shined on and Tiffany was standing alone on stage. She was dressed elegantly with the most expensive gown around. Tiffany held the microphone close to her and looked out to the sea of people before her. Her heart began to tremble. Suddenly, little Seohyun ran up to her and hugged her.

 

“Mommy…I love you…”

 

Tiffany dropped the microphone and hugged her daughter. She picked her up and looked at the audience. The people had vanished and the stadium was empty. Even though the crowds of fans disappeared, Tiffany still felt love. She looked to her daughter.

 

“My little girl…I love you so much…and nothing will take that away from us…”

 

Tiffany hugged her daughter tightly and began to shed tears. The spotlight vanished.

 

Present Time

 

Tiffany slowly opened up her eyes from her small nap and saw her daughter sleeping on the hospital bed. Kyuhyun was sound asleep beside Seohyun with his hand resting on hers. Tiffany stood up and slowly walked to Kyuhyun.

 

“Kyuhyun…honey…”

 

Kyuhyun slowly woke up and turned to Tiffany. She could tell he had been crying.

 

“Would you like some coffee or some food?”

 

“Coffee sounds good…thanks Ms. Hwang…”

 

Tiffany lightly smiled then placed her hand on Kyuhyun’s.

 

“Seohyun is a fighter…she won’t be going anywhere…”

 

“I know…she just gets me worried sometimes…”

 

“She’s like that…well…I’ll be right back…watch over her, alright?”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head then turned and faced Seohyun. Tiffany walked out the room and entered the hallway. The hospital was quiet with few staff members roaming the halls. Tiffany walked down the corridor then arrived at the waiting room. Taecyeon and Jessica sat together in silence. Jessica’s head was facing the floor. Taecyeon looked up and saw Tiffany.

 

“Fany…”

 

Jessica looked up and revealed her heavy, swollen eye bags. Jessica shot up.

 

“Fany, how is she?”

 

Tiffany ignored them and entered the break room to gather coffee. Jessica followed her inside.

“Fany, please answer me…how’s Seohyun?”

 

Tiffany took a Styrofoam cup and filled it with coffee. Jessica was trying her best to keep her composure.

 

“Please Fany…”

 

“She’ll live…it was a mild concussion…just medicine and rest is all she needs…”

 

Jessica let out a sigh of relief.

 

“Thank you God…”

 

Tiffany turned to Jessica.

 

“You’re lucky it wasn’t worst…”

 

Tiffany took the coffee and walked passed Jessica. Taecyeon stood outside the room and saw Tiffany walking near him.

 

“Fany…we need to talk…”

 

“Let me get the coffee to Kyuhyun then we’ll talk…”

 

“Fine…”

 

Tiffany looked to Taecyeon with painful eyes then continued down the hall to Seohyun’s room.

 

Tiffany, Taecyeon, and Jessica sat quietly in the waiting room. Taecyeon spoke up.

 

“Seohyun came to me yesterday with some papers…a paternity test…the results pointed me out as her biological father…”

 

Tiffany shook her head slowly as Jessica stared out the window. Taecyeon continued.

 

“This was all news for me…it shocked me as it shocked Jessica…it also brought out a lot of skeletons from our past that shouldn’t be mentioned…here’s my issue with this all…what do we do next?”

 

The two remained quiet.

 

“Do we just move on like nothing happened?”

 

Jessica spoke slowly.

 

“This is Tiffany’s ordeal…”

 

Tiffany looked to Jessica.

 

“How?”

“Well…now that the truth is out…what will Siwon say? He has been led to believe that he was Seohyun’s father all this time…do you think he will understand?”

 

Tiffany sighed deeply.

 

“My daughter…she got married recently…I think you two know that already…well…she got married not only because of love…but…as a promise she kept to herself since she was a child…”

 

Jessica and Taecyeon looked up.

 

“Seohyun did not want to repeat what I went through…she saw my agony of being a single mother and made a goal to someday find a man that would not only care for her but…to always be there for the rest of the family…yet…the day she got married…she felt that hole in her heart widen…she wanted to know why she was able to have a husband…while…I didn’t…she wanted to find her origins and find the man that loved me…that’s how this whole thing came to be…”

 

“Unnie?”

 

The trio turned around and saw Seohyun standing before them. Tiffany quickly got up.

 

“Seo Joo Hyun?”

 

Seohyun shook her head and tears began to stream down her face. Tiffany hugged her tightly.

 

“My god…I have missed you so much…”

 

“I missed you too, Unnie…”

 

Jessica got up and joined the two girls. Seohyun hugged Jessica as well.

 

“My dear Unnies…where is little Seohyun?”

 

Tiffany guided Seohyun to the room while Jessica and Taecyeon remained in the waiting room. Jessica turned to Taecyeon.

 

“Little Seohyun was the child of our group…she opened up all our eyes…she showed us what it was like to be woman…Tiffany changed…which…made us all change…”

 

Tiffany and Seohyun returned. Tiffany continued.

 

“She wanted to find out about her past…and well…because of that…I had to open up to her…but I’m glad she did it…because of she didn’t then…we wouldn’t be here together again…as painful as it seems…I am relieved to be speaking with you all again…”

 

Seohyun spoke up.

 

“This is my fault…I shouldn’t have spoken…”

 

Jessica responded.

 

“No…I did this…I overreacted…I acted like a child…”

 

Taecyeon looked up.

 

“We all acted like children…Little Seohyun showed us how much we’ve been lying to ourselves…and…how we should confront our problems now before it consumes us…”

 

Tiffany wiped her tears.

 

“My baby…”

 

Kyuhyun stepped out from the hallway.

 

“Ms.Hwang…she’s awake…but…she wants to speak to Jessica only…”

 

Jessica was stunned. She slowly got up and walked down to the room. Kyuhyun held the door for her. Jessica entered and Kyuhyun shut the door. It was Jessica and Seohyun in the room. Seohyun turned her head from the window and looked to Jessica.

 

“Sica-Unnie…”

 

Jessica began to sob.

 

“Please forgive me Little Seohyun…please…”

 

Jessica went over to her and held her hand. Seohyun spoke up.

 

“Unnie…it was an accident…just an accident…”

 

Jessica looked up to her.

 

“I wanted to speak to you because…I want you to forgive Uncle Taec…he was young and hurt when he crossed paths with my mother…”

 

“I know, honey…I know…”

 

“What happened before…should be accepted and understood…afterwards…move on…it cannot be changed…”

 

“What hurts me…is…he never looked at me like he looked at Tiffany…”

 

Seohyun slowly pulled herself up and rested her back on the pillow.

 

“Still…he married you…he might have loved my mother…but…he went with you…because he knew he would be loved…and he appreciates it deeply…”

 

Jessica wiped her tears.

 

“Seohyun…please forgive your Unnie…I was mistaken…”

 

“I have already forgiven you…”

 

They both hugged tightly.

 

“Please…don’t get angry anymore…understand that my mother never had what you have…a husband who’s there for his kids…”

 

Jessica shook her head.

 

“Understood…”

 

The door opened and Taecyeon poked his head in.

 

“Seohyun?”

 

“Hi, Uncle Taec…”

 

He walked over to her and held her hand.

 

“How are you, darling?”

 

“I’m okay…still weak but not dying…”

 

“Please rest…don’t worry about us…”

 

“I just want you to know that I’m happy I know you…please care for Jessica-Unnie…”

 

Taecyeon looked to Jessica.

 

“I can never let go of Sica…”

 

They both hugged. Tiffany entered the room.

 

“Honey…”

 

“Hi Mom…”

 

Tiffany walked over and hugged her.

 

“My god…you had us all worried…”

 

“I’m better now…”

 

“Good…”

Seohyun smiled.

 

“Why are you smiling, honey?”

 

“Because the River Creek Trio has reunited…”

 

Tiffany, Jessica, and Taecyeon all turned to each other and laughed. Jessica spoke up.

 

“How did you know about that, Seohyun?”

 

“My Mom told me…”

 

Tiffany blushed as they all laughed. Taecyeon spoke up.

 

“It has been ages since we were all together laughing…”

 

Seohyun entered the room.

 

“Little Seohyun…are you feeling better now?”

 

“I am Unnie…thank you…”

 

Tiffany spoke up.

 

“Let me call over Kyuhyun, alright?”

 

“Sure Mom…”

 

Tiffany walked out the room and felt a surge of relief overcome her.

 

“Thank goodness…”

 

She took a deep breath and smiled. Her only child was alive and well. Not only was she alive, she taught everyone a lesson. Tiffany shook her head.

 

“Such a smart girl…”

 

As Tiffany made her way to the waiting room, she could see Kyuhyun speaking to someone. Tiffany couldn’t quite make out who he was speaking to yet he looked remarkably familiar. Suddenly, the man turned to her and her heart stopped beating. She instantly froze.

 

“Siwon…”

 

Siwon arrived at the hospital and walked up to the receptionist.

 

“Ma’am…I’m here to see a patient…”

 

“Are you family?”

“I’m her father…”

 

“What is the name?”

 

“Hwang Seo Hyun…”

 

“She’ll be on the second floor at patient care…room…209…”

 

“Thank you…”

 

Siwon hurried to the stairs and arrived to the second floor. His heart was beating loudly. He didn’t know if he should feel scared or excited. He reached the second floor and opened the door to find a familiar face on his cell phone.

 

“Aren’t you?”

 

Kyuhyun looked up and was surprised.

 

“Siwon-hyung?”

 

“You were at Jeju a couple weeks back right?”

 

“Yes…I’m Kyuhyun…Seohyun’s husband…”

 

“I see…she okay?”

 

“Seohyun? Yeah, she’s okay now…she had a concussion…she bumped her head…but now she’s awake and speaking to her Unnie’s…”

 

“Oh wow…thank goodness…”

 

“Ms. Hwang is here too…”

 

“Ms.Hwang?”

 

“Yes…Tiffany…”

 

Siwon sighed deeply.

 

“I see…”

 

He looked up past Kyuhyun’s shoulder and saw Tiffany approaching them. Their eyes instantly locked and he could feel his heart beat freeze. Suddenly, time froze between them. The lonely years and the thousand of tears they wept finally culminated at this one moment. Siwon went around Kyuhyun and walked to Tiffany. Tiffany walked up to him. They could feel their love intensify as they got closer. Siwon spoke up.

 

“My god Fany…how I missed you…”

Tiffany leaped into Siwon’s arms and he held her tightly.

 

“I thought I would never see you again…”

 

“I could never let that happen, Fany…”

 

She eased back and looked at his face. She could tell that he aged greatly and his hair wasn’t as thick as it used to be. Yet, he still carried his loving smile and dreamy eyes.

 

“Oppa…you have gotten older…”

 

“You have too…but…your smile hasn’t faded…”

 

Tiffany laughed.

 

“Please…let’s go see Seohyun…”

 

“Let’s go…”

 

Siwon and Tiffany stepped into the room and everyone instantly quieted down. Seohyun rose from her bed and smiled.

 

“Siwon?”

 

Siwon nodded and went over to hug her. She hugged him back and closed her eyes. Tiffany choked up from seeing them hug. It has always been a dream of hers to have her daughter, Siwon and herself in the same place again. Siwon released her and brush her hair back.

 

“How is my daughter doing?”

 

Taecyeon looked to Tiffany. Seohyun went along and smiled.

 

“I’m fine…it was just a bump…”

 

“What happened?”

 

Jessica turned to Tiffany and made a guilty face. Seohyun continued.

 

“I slipped…it was an accident…”

 

Tiffany looked to her daughter and she looked back. That moment they understood what was going on. After all the soul searching and truth digging, Seohyun had finally decided to let things rest and keep things where they should be. Tiffany slowly sat as Siwon continued to speak with Seohyun. Tiffany fell deep into thought.

 

Tiffany began to contemplate if keeping secrets from Siwon would be the right thing to do. First, she considered refraining from telling Siwon anything about Seohyun’s origins and leaving things as they always were. With him being Seohyun’s father, things would always look right. Yet, that burning secret still remained in her mind and soul. She would love to go along with Seohyun’s idea and keep things unchanged but knowing now and how guilty she felt for hiding something so crucial, Siwon deserved to hear the truth. The timing would have to wait for another time. This moment was for them to reunite and comfort each other. Tiffany deeply sighed and looked out the window. Jessica walked over to her and whispered.

 

“It looks like he returned…I still can’t believe my eyes…”

 

Tiffany looked to Jessica and smiled.

 

“Me either…me either…”

 

“Fany…could we speak outside?”

 

“Sure…”

 

Tiffany stood up and followed Jessica out to the hallway. Taecyeon looked to them as they walked out. Seohyun followed along as well.

 

Jessica cleared .

 

“What had happened last night was a mistake and I am deeply sorry for my behavior…”

 

Tiffany shook her head as Seohyun observed.

 

“If you want to press charges…then do it…but I will take it to court if I must…”

 

Tiffany sighed and spoke up.

 

“Sica…listen…I’m still angry about this all…but…my Seohyun has decided not to push the issue anymore…for some reason…the most mature person out of all this has been her…”

 

Jessica and Seohyun both nodded. Tiffany turned and looked through the window and saw her smiling as she spoke with the rest of the men. Kyuhyun sat next to her.

 

“Seohyun…she has always been my treasure…what she had done was brought us back together…it might not seem like the best circumstances…but…I can’t deny it…she brought Siwon back to me…”

 

Jessica looked inside and nodded.

 

“I can’t blame her…she always wanted a father…”

 

Seohyun spoke up slowly.

 

“Let’s just move on…”

 

Tiffany and Jessica looked to Seohyun.

 

“I don’t want any more fighting…”

 

Tiffany and Jessica frowned and looked down. Seohyun wiped her tears.

 

“That’s why we aren’t together anymore…because of the fighting…I wish we would have learned to accept what happened and moved on…”

 

Jessica looked up.

 

“Seo-baby…I would do anything to go back in time and sing with everyone but…life delivers a lot unexpected blows…”

 

Jessica looked to Tiffany. Tiffany nodded and spoke up.

 

“I loved SNSD like the next member…but Sica was right…we did fight a lot…too much actually…but what really made us part was that we wanted more from life…and we had to seek it out on our own terms…”

 

Seohyun began to sob. Tiffany held her.

 

“I know you loved all of us dearly…we were family…”

 

“I thought family never left…”

 

“We never did…”

 

Jessica joined in and they all hugged. Tiffany spoke up.

 

“Thank you for coming to see my daughter, Seohyun…”

 

“Anything for my favorite Unnie and dongseng…”

 

The girls released each other and laughed. Siwon poked his head out.

 

“Seohyun wants a word with you girls…”

 

Tiffany nodded and entered. The men walked out and shut the door. Tiffany looked to Seohyun and touched her hand.

 

“You okay, honey?”

 

“I can’t believe he came…how do you feel Mom?”

 

“Like I’m in high school again…but I’ll worry about that later…what’s important is your health…”

 

“Mom, will you tell him?”

 

Tiffany froze.

 

“Mom, if you decide to tell him the truth…tell him…I will always love him and look to him as my father…”

 

“Honey…”

 

“Siwon deserves to know…but…it really is up to you…”

 

Tiffany turned to Jessica and Seohyun. Jessica spoke up.

 

“The truth will set you free, old friend…”

 

Seohyun nodded in agreement. Tiffany sighed deeply then looked back to her daughter.

 

“Let me worry about that, baby…you just rest for now…”

 

“Ok Mom…let Kyuhyun back in…I know the rest of you need to rest as well…”

 

Tiffany and the rest of the group nodded and left the room. Tiffany turned and smiled at her daughter. Seohyun smiled back.

 

“I will tell him…”

 

Kyuhyun waved goodbye to the rest of the visitors and family and entered Seohyun’s room. Seohyun was already standing. She quietly stared out the window.

 

“Seohyun! Lie back down!”

 

“Kyuhyun, I’m fine…don’t worry…”

 

Suddenly, Seohyun felt weak and felt faint. Kyuhyun quickly caught her.

 

“Told you…”

 

“Fine…”

 

Kyuhyun helped her back into bed.

 

“So how was everything with your family?”

 

“I’m hoping things get better…”

 

“Did Taecyeon take it well?”

 

“It was hard of course but…he accepted me…Jessica-unnie didn’t take it at first but…she’s learning too…”

 

Kyuhyun sighed.

 

“At their age, they have to learn to accept things as it is…if they don’t…what more do they have left?”

Seohyun sighed.

 

“I’m worried though…”

 

“About Siwon?”

 

“Yes…for all these years he strongly felt he was my father…my mother tried her best to convince him…but now…to suddenly change everything…I don’t know if their relationship could take such a crucial blow at such a late age…”

 

Kyuhyun folded his arms and nodded.

 

“But…you need to trust your mother on this one…”

 

“Yeah…”

 

“Tiffany will try her best to make things smooth…I also think that Siwon will understand…he made mistakes as well, remember?”

 

Seohyun shook her head and relaxed on the bed.

 

“Kyuhyun?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“I love you…”

 

Kyuhyun smiled and leaned over to kiss her forehead.

 

“I love you too…”

 

The couple smiled at each other and enjoyed their quiet moment together.

 

Tiffany and Siwon stepped out the car as Jessica, Taecyeon, and Seohyun pulled up near the driveway. Tiffany walked over to say her final goodbyes.

 

“Jessica and Taecyeon…”

 

Jessica smiled.

 

“I will miss you guys…we had our differences and fights…but I will never forget our friendship…”

 

Taecyeon spoke up.

 

“Take care of Seohyun…”

 

“As always…”

 

Jessica spoke up.

 

“Fany…”

 

“Sica…forget about it…I can’t stay angry at you…”

 

Jessica stepped out the car along with Seohyun. They all hugged each other. Seohyun spoke up.

 

“It was nice seeing everyone again…”

 

“It was nice seeing you again, my dear…all of you…take care…”

 

Jessica eased back and wiped her tears.

 

“I’m sorry for my behavior, Fany…”

 

“I’m sorry for misleading you all those years…”

 

Jessica and Seohyun returned to the car and Taecyeon drove off. Tiffany felt a bittersweet feeling overcome her as the car vanished down the street. Suddenly, she felt a soft touch on her shoulder and she turned.

 

“It’s nice to be home again, Fany…”

 

She smiled at Siwon and held his hand.

 

“Come Oppa…let me tell Daddy you’re here…”

 

“Mr. Hwang? Wow…such a strong man…”

 

“He is…”

 

Siwon gathered his bags as Tiffany unlocked the door. Siwon observed the house and was stunned to see it hasn’t changed too much from the last time he visited which was close to 30 years ago. They entered the house and Tiffany shouted for her father.

 

“Dad?!”

 

She placed her keys on the table and went upstairs.

 

“Just wait a second, Oppa…”

 

She walked upstairs and shouted for her father again. Siwon walked into the kitchen and a sense of nostalgia hit him. The kitchen had barely changed. He smiled then looked out the window. He saw Mr. Hwang slowly tending to his plants. Siwon decided to come outside and greet his old friend.

 

Siwon opened the sliding door and walked outside. He walked down the porch and stepped into the garden where Mr. Hwang was clipping petals.

“Mr. Hwang?”

 

The old man slowly turned and looked at Siwon. He squint his eyes and tried to make out the face.

 

“Hello there…who might you be?”

 

“Oh my…I hope I haven’t changed too much…it’s me…Choi Siwon…”

 

“My goodness…you have gotten older…but your eyes still as young as ever! How are you, old boy?”

 

“I’m fine sir…just visiting little Seohyun as the hospital…”

 

“Oh yes…my poor granddaughter…she bumped her head…I wanted to go but…with my old age…I would simply be a liability for everyone…is she feeling better?”

 

“Yes, she should be out later today…she’s a strong girl…”

 

“She is…”

 

Tiffany came outside.

 

“Dad?! You were here the whole time?”

 

“Oh honey, yes! I’m sorry for worrying you…”

 

Tiffany walked down the porch and joined the men.

 

“Your old friend, Siwon, has returned…”

 

Tiffany smiled and looked to Siwon.

 

“He has…”

 

“Well…why don’t you show him his old room…you know Siwon…it’s been awhile since guest have returned here…kind of lonely now…”

 

“Lonely yet still beautiful, sir…”

 

“Ah yes…very beautiful…”

 

Siwon looked to Tiffany.

 

“Always beautiful…”

 

Tiffany blushed and covered her giggle. She took Siwon by the hand and escorted back into the house.

 

“Let’s get your stuff back in your room…”

 

“Is it the one room downstairs, right?”

 

“Yes…”

 

“I see…”

 

Tiffany and Siwon slowly walked together through the house and down the hall to Siwon’s old room. Tiffany turned the knob and the door slowly creaked open. The room was cold and had been empty for years. Siwon gasped.

 

“Wow…still the same…”

 

He brought his bags in and dropped them near the bed. Siwon went over to the desk and examined it. There were a few books stacked on the top shelf and several old photos he left behind. A picture of Yeon Hee still remained on the top corner. He smiled and looked at the photo.

 

“Wow…what an old photo…”

 

Tiffany looked over and saw the photo.

 

“I tried my best to keep things here tidy…I never touched your stuff though…just cleaned around the bed and changed the sheets from time to time…”

 

Siwon smiled as he found several photos in the bottom drawer. It was an old photo of Siwon and Tiffany celebrating her sixteenth birthday. They visited the roller rink together with friends and family. Siwon laughed.

 

“I remembered that night…”

 

“What happened?”

 

“You tried to get me to skate with you but I was frightened to…I hate skating…”

 

Tiffany looked at the group photo and laughed.

 

“Yeah…I ended up skating with my Dad instead…”

 

“The pizza was great though…is this place still around?”

 

“No…it closed a while back…”

 

“I see…”

 

“You know…I was real happy that night…”

 

Tiffany sat down on the bed and Siwon sat down on his desk chair.

 

“I was happy that you actually came to my party…you were so busy during those days…”

“I know…I was taking so many classes and studying every night…”

 

“Still…I always waited for you…”

 

Siwon felt his heart drop as Tiffany slowly crept close to him and placed her hand on his hand.

 

“Oppa…those were the most miserable days of my life…”

 

“Why is that?”

 

“Because…even though we lived together…I knew I couldn’t have you…”

 

Siwon stood up and sat beside Tiffany. Tiffany rested her head on his shoulder.

 

“You know…I knew you were going to be beautiful and I tried my best to cover up my wild stares but I couldn’t help it…your smile took my breath away…”

 

“How come you never said anything?”

 

“You were too young…I was too proud…I was denying the fact I could fall for a young girl…I kept using Yeon Hee as an excuse to fight the fact I was slowly falling in love…”

 

“Why didn’t you tell Yeon Hee?”

 

“I couldn’t…”

 

Tiffany and Siwon both lied together as Siwon continued on with his story. Tiffany held him closely as he spoke. This was the moment she lived for which was to simply listen to him talk to her again. Tiffany always looked up to Siwon.

 

“Why couldn’t you?”

 

“Well…because…my father got me into an arranged marriage with her…this way we could merge our companies together and gather her inheritance…it was all business…well that’s how I viewed it but…”

 

“But?”

 

“Yeon Hee wanted to get married…she was in love…I couldn’t find the strength to hurt her…so I carried on with the commitment to help my family…and learn to love her…but…I couldn’t forget you…I tried to but…our letters and messages kept it alive…”

 

Tiffany sighed.

 

“I wrote to you everyday…I just never sent them all…I wanted to show you everywhere I went to eat…study…sleep…whatever…I wanted to have you by my side every minute…”

 

Siwon rolled over to look at Tiffany.

 

“I just can’t believe were together again…”

 

“Me either…”

 

They both stared deeply at each other’s eyes. Tiffany began to cry.

 

“Fany…you okay?”

 

Tiffany stood up.

 

“Sorry…just happy that’s all…”

 

Siwon placed his hand on her shoulder.

 

“Come here…let’s just lie here together…”

 

“Were you hungry?”

 

“That can wait…”

 

Siwon helped Tiffany down and he placed his arm around her and hugged her from behind. Tiffany tried her best to hide her tears.

 

“I love you, Tiffany…”

 

She felt her conscience beating on her head.

 

“Oppa…you don’t know how much I love you…”

 

Tiffany slowly opened her eyes and yawned. She looked over to find Siwon sound asleep beside her. They must have fallen asleep after their long chat. Tiffany slowly got out of the bed and crept down the hall towards the kitchen. She opened the fridge to find something cool to serve.

 

“Maybe some pie?”

 

She heard Siwon’s door open and he slowly walked out.

 

“Oppa? You should rest…you still have jetlag…”

 

“I know…but you left…”

 

Tiffany smiled and went over to hug him.

 

“Are you hungry?”

 

“Sure…anything good?”

 

“Apple pie?”

“Sounds tasty…”

 

“Ok, let me microwave it…”

 

Tiffany hurried back, took the left over pie and placed it on a plate to microwave.

 

“Sorry for the sloppiness…I didn’t really have time to cook…”

 

“That’s fine, Fany…”

 

She smiled and placed the microwave on three minutes. As the microwave hummed, Tiffany turned to find Siwon sitting down and looking out the window. The microwave ended and Tiffany quickly pulled it out, grabbed two forks, and went over to sit beside Siwon.

 

“Finished!”

 

She placed the steaming hot pie on the table and Siwon could smell the sweet aroma.

 

“Nothing better than left over pie…”

 

“Oppa…”

 

“Just kidding Fany…”

 

They both ate together and then smiled at each other. Siwon chewed and swallowed.

 

“Yummy…”

 

“Oppa…”

 

“What’s up?”

 

“What were you looking at outside?”

 

“Oh…I was looking at that bench by the garden…”

 

Tiffany looked over and smiled.

 

“Oh, that bench…I remember that bench…that’s where we first spoke…”

 

“Yeah…you were so shy…”

 

“Of course…I was just finishing middle school…I didn’t even know how to talk to boys…”

 

Siwon giggled.

 

“I never knew you would go so far to being a pop idol…”

 

“Me either…it was a pipe dream at first…then fantasy became reality…”

 

Siwon and Tiffany took another bite of the pie and stared at each other. Tiffany spoke up.

 

“I remember our morale concert where we met again…what did you think of me then? I was just always wondering…”

 

Siwon laughed.

 

“Oh…that night…well…”

 

Tiffany rested her face on her hand and winked.

 

“You were…amazing…”

 

Tiffany giggled.

 

“I thought you looked pretty amazing yourself…being all military and stuff…”

 

“Oh really?”

 

“Very…macho…”

 

Siwon laughed.

 

“You girls were very cute with your outfits and stuff…”

 

“Do you remember the shorter member? Sunny?”

 

“I recall her, yes…”

 

“She couldn’t stop talking about you on the bus ride back to Seoul…”

 

“Oh really? Were you jealous?”

 

“At the time…we were still writing and you were married so…of course I was! I was totally possessive over you!”

 

Siwon laughed.

 

“Oh my…were we silly back then…”

 

“We were…ummm…Oppa?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“How long are you planning to stay with me here?”

 

“As long as possible…”

 

“Would you like to take a trip with me up north…to visit a special spot I used to go to relax and enjoy the sea?”

 

“That would be wonderful…how about Seohyun?”

 

“We’ll contact Kyuhyun and find out the update on her status…she should be feeling better…we will let her know…”

 

“Sounds good…”

 

“Let’s go back to bed now…your eyes are dropping…”

 

“You noticed?”

 

Tiffany giggled and helped Siwon up.

 

“I will tell you more stories, Oppa…”

 

“Sounds great…”

 

The Following Day…

 

Kyuhyun helped Seohyun out the car and they walked together to the front door.

 

“How do you feel, Seohyun?”

 

“I’m better...I just wanted to stop by and say goodbye before we head to New York later today…”

 

“Okay…”

 

Seohyun knocked the door. Tiffany answered with a big smile.

 

“My baby! Are you okay now?”

 

“I’m better, Mom…”

 

Kyuhyun and Seohyun walked inside and Tiffany shut the door. The rich aroma of hot chocolate flooded the house. Seohyun smiled.

 

“What’s going on here?”

 

“Oh? Siwon and Grandpa are in the kitchen preparing some sandwiches and hot cocoa…”

 

“Really? Sounds good!”

 

Seohyun entered the kitchen and found the two men chatting excitingly. Siwon looked up and smiled.

“How are you my child?”

 

“I’m doing good…just wanted to come by and say goodbye before returning home to New York with Kyuhyun…”

 

Kyuhyun smiled and shook hands with Siwon and Mr.Hwang.

 

“You take care of Seohyun…”

 

“Of course…”

 

Seohyun smiled and looked over to the hot cocoa.

 

“Do you mind?”

 

“No, of course you can have some…”

 

Seohyun smiled as Siwon served two cups to her and her husband. Tiffany spoke up.

 

“Honey, Siwon and I are heading up to Santa Cruz to visit my old school and see the sights…”

 

“Really? Wow…that’s great, Mom…I’m happy for you both…”

 

Siwon and Tiffany both smiled at each other.

 

“I’m real glad to see you two have reunited…”

 

Siwon joined Tiffany at the dining table. Tiffany spoke up.

 

“Strangely, if it wasn’t for your accident…we wouldn’t be here together…”

 

Seohyun and Kyuhyun joined them at the dining table.

 

“After all the adolescent mischief and romantic escapades, the two lovers are together again…”

 

Siwon and Tiffany laughed.

 

“I swear Mom…this stuff is only made in movies and books…strange how life is…”

 

Tiffany placed her hand in Siwon’s lap.

 

“It sure is…”

 

Seohyun finished up her hot cocoa and looked to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun could tell that was the cue to leave.

 

“Well, it looks like everything is better now…Kyuhyun and I are going to get ready now…”

 

“Sure thing, honey…”

Kyuhyun and Seohyun stood up. Seohyun went over and kissed her grandfather then slowly made her way to the front door. Siwon opened it and they went outside.

 

“Mom…could I speak with you?”

 

“Sure thing…”

 

Tiffany and Seohyun walked near the car. Seohyun spoke up.

 

“I’m happy for you, Mom…you look happier than ever…whatever you decide to do is purely your choice…but…I feel…Siwon will understand anything…”

 

“Honey…I hope he does…”

 

“He will…”

 

Seohyun and Tiffany both embraced.

 

“Thank you, Mom…”

 

“Thank you, honey…if it wasn’t for your curiosity…I wouldn’t have gotten my second chance…”

 

“Take care…”

 

Kyuhyun took Seohyun by the hand and nodded towards Tiffany.

 

“Take care, Tiffany…”

 

“You too as well…you two keep safe, alright?”

 

The couple got inside the car. Seohyun looked out her window as they back out. She waved goodbye to her mother and smiled. Tiffany waved back as they vanished down the corner. Tiffany sighed and felt Siwon hug her from behind.

 

“Are you ready now, Fany?”

 

“Sure thing…the trip will take several hours so we won’t arrive until the evening…”

 

“Sounds good to me…as long as it’s with you…”

 

Tiffany turned and kissed Siwon.

 

“Let’s go…”

 

The sun shined brightly as the reunited lovers drove up the Pacific coast highway. Tiffany had the roof down so they could feel the cool breeze brush over them. Tiffany looked over to Siwon, who was sitting in the passenger seat, and found him handsome in his dark sunglasses. He smiled back.

 

“Nice view isn’t it, Oppa?”

 

Siwon looked over and could see the edge of the freeway hanging over the Pacific Ocean. He nodded.

 

“Simply fascinating…”

 

Tiffany sighed and placed her hand out to Siwon to hold as she drove. He held her hand.

 

“Your hands were always soft and tender…”

 

Tiffany smiled and continued driving.

 

Santa Cruz, California

 

The sun had finally set as they drove in to the local motel. Tiffany parked the car and turned off the ignition.

 

“We’re here now…we should rest for tonight and go out in the morning…”

 

She turned and saw Siwon sound asleep. Tiffany sighed and placed her hand on his face to caress.

 

“I have dreamed so long to have you by my side, Oppa…please…don’t hate me…”

 

The Following Day

 

The sun was shining and the aroma of the salty sea engulfed the air. Siwon and Tiffany romantically walked through the popular Santa Cruz boardwalk as the children and seagulls frolicked all around them.  Siwon chewed on his cotton candy as Tiffany had herself wrapped around Siwon’s arms. She looked up to him and still couldn’t believe he was with her. He smiled back at her.

 

“You know, Oppa…”

 

“What is it?”

 

“It’s almost tragic…”

 

“Tragic, how?”

 

“Close to 30 years I’ve waited for this moment…just to be with you…all those years…time…just…wasted…”

 

“No…those years…painful yes…tested if we were meant to be…”

 

They approached the wooden railing and saw the beautiful view of the sea. Tiffany leaned her back against it while Siwon admired the view. Tiffany was preparing herself to finally shed the truth on Seohyun yet she was trying to find the right timing. Siwon observed her.

 

“Fany…”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Something seems to be on your mind…”

 

“Huh?”

 

Siwon eased closer.

 

“Is everything, alright? Is it about Seohyun?”

 

Tiffany sighed.

 

“She’s better you know and well taken care of…we shouldn’t be worried…our child is in great hands…”

 

The words stung Tiffany deeply.

 

“Oppa…there’s somewhere I want to take you…somewhere private I used to hide at when I was lonely…”

 

“Sure…”

 

The waves crashed against rocks beneath them as they reached the cliff. The wind blew across them as they stepped out the car. Siwon was amazed.

 

“This place is beautiful…”

 

“It was my hideaway…a place where I used to gather my thoughts and…think of you…”

 

Siwon turned and looked at a tearful Tiffany.

 

“Fany?”

 

Tiffany began to sob.

 

“Fany, I’m here now…what’s wrong? Please, tell me…”

 

Tiffany looked up at Siwon’s face and couldn’t find the strength to say the words. She hesitated.

 

“Oppa…”

 

Siwon held her against him.

 

“I’m through with our painful past and secrets…just tell me now…if you don’t let me in…I won’t be able to understand you…”

 

“Seohyun…”

Siwon watched as Tiffany eased off and walked past him near the cliff. Siwon began to act cautious.

 

“Fany, be careful…”

 

“My Seohyun…”

 

“Yes?”

 

“She’s my daughter…”

 

“I know that…”

 

Tiffany began to breathe deeply. Siwon placed his hand on her shoulder.

 

“Fany?”

 

“Oppa…you’re not her…father…”

 

Tiffany burst into tears as Siwon eased back. He was stunned. He looked to Tiffany who dropped to her knees and blocked her face.

 

“Seohyun…I was never her father?”

 

Tiffany sobbed heavily.

 

“Fany…tell me…please…how? HOW?!”

 

He pulled Tiffany up and held her.

 

“Please…tell me…I need to know…”

 

“Taecyeon…”

 

Siwon began to recall through his memories.

 

“You were seeing Taecyeon as well?”

 

“Please Oppa…please…forgive me…please  forgive me….”

 

“Fany…I…never knew…”

 

Tiffany slipped out of Siwon’s grasp and ran near the edge of the cliff. Siwon yelled out.

 

“FANY!!!”

 

“Ever since I saw you…I loved you…I loved you with all my heart! But…I was lonely…and I made mistakes…but I only LOVED YOU! When I found out about my baby…I was happy…I prayed for my child to be yours…so…I would know how it felt to share a child with the person you love…but…that wish never came true…”

 

“Please Fany…step down from there!”

 

“I only wanted you to stay with me, Oppa…even if you were married…I knew I would be somehow linked to you…”

 

Siwon began to cry.

 

“Fany please…”

 

“Oppa…forgive me…”

 

Before Tiffany could take a plunge off the cliff, Siwon grabbed her and held her close to him. Tiffany was startled about her suicide attempt and held onto Siwon.

 

“Tiffany…I love you…I don’t care what happened…you made your mistakes…I made mine…I understand your pain…but…I won’t let those events stand between our love…”

 

“Oppa…”

 

Siwon and Tiffany both fell to their knees and cried in each others’ arms. Siwon embraced her tightly.

 

“I will never let you go…never…”

 

Tiffany rested her head on his shoulder.

 

“I’m sorry…I’m so sorry for lying to you…”

 

“I’m sorry I made you wait…for so long…”

 

The waves crashing echoed in the background as the two lovers stared into each other’s eyes. The painful events from their turbulent past came crashing in only to be melted away by forgiveness and understanding. Tiffany felt like a giant boulder was taken off of her and she was free. Siwon escorted Tiffany to the car and volunteered to drive her back to the motel.

 

Jeju Island, Two Months Later…

 

The night was cool as Tiffany sat on the bench holding a hot cocoa. Suddenly, from the distance she could see Siwon’s plane making a landing. Tiffany stood up and waved. Siwon pulled the landing gear out and the plane made a gentle landing on the small runaway. Tiffany waited for a moment for the plane to make a complete stop before approaching him.

 

The propellers slowly stopped spinning and Siwon halted the engine. The door opened and the small staircase collapsed down. Tiffany stood by as Siwon climbed down. She smiled and handed him a hot cocoa.

 

“Nice landing there, stud…”

 

“Thanks…”

 

They both kissed and made their way towards the office.

 

“So how was the plane running?”

 

“Better now since I repaired one of the engines…should be in good condition before the honeymooners start stampeding in these coming holidays…”

 

“I see…”

 

Tiffany relaxed by the counter as Siwon placed his equipment into the locker. He turned and saw Tiffany doodling on the magazine.

 

“Hey Fany…you want to know my favorite song from SNSD?”

 

“Huh? Sure…what was it, Oppa?”

 

Siwon walked around the counter and placed his arm around Tiffany.

 

“Actually it was by you…”

 

“Really?”

 

They began to walk outside towards Siwon’s truck.

 

“What was the title, Oppa? Tell me!”

 

“It was a solo song titled, ‘Ring’, remember?”

 

“Hmmm…I do! It was for a small drama we made with other artists…”

 

“I remember…can you still sing it?”

 

Tiffany smiled and began to hum the lyrics.

 

“I can sing the chorus…”

 

“Sure…”

 

“The promise with you that is engraved on my hand…Becomes the best flower…It will never change…”

 

Siwon slowly placed his hand in his pocket as Tiffany continued.

 

“My love…This moment is heaven…Happy tears keep flowing like a fool…Today, then tomorrow, even when times goes by…Forever you are the gem in me…”

Tiffany opened her eyes and Siwon vanished from her sights. She looked down and was shocked. Siwon was on his knee with a diamond box opened on his palm.

 

“Hwang Mi Young…Fany…My Fany…will you…marry me?”

 

Tiffany’s tears rolled down and she quickly shook her head.

 

“Siwon…I dreamt of this day ever since…I will marry you…”

 

She dove into his arms and they came crashing down on the ground. The two lovers laughed in joy as they rolled on the ground. Siwon helped Tiffany up and they embraced tightly.

 

“I would have never realized the love of my life as always been that girl who wrote to me and smiled at me every time she came from school…the girl I used to admired on TV…the woman I admired for raising a wonderful child…Tiffany…I love you…I love you so much…”

 

He caressed her face.

 

“Oppa…not one moment passed in my life where you weren’t in my thoughts…you made me the woman today…I was inspired to show you how much I matured and independent at first…only…to wish for one day to be with you…now…my wish has been granted…and I’m thankful…Siwon…I loved you the moment I saw you…I went through so much pain and agony to see you again…Siwon…I love you…with all my heart…I love you…”

 

Siwon and Tiffany kissed passionately as the cool tropical breeze brushed against them. Siwon caressed Tiffany’s face once more and they tightly embraced each other.

 

In the Far Future…

 

The middle-aged woman slowly shut the diary and looked up to her teenage daughter. The teenage girl wiped her tear and smiled.

 

“That was amazing, Mom…”

 

“Her story still sends shivers down my spine every time I read it…”

 

“Mom, how did your mother take so much pain?”

 

The mother sighed.

 

“Love…Tiffany…love kept her patient and hopeful…”

 

Tiffany stood up and hugged her mother.

 

“Thanks for the story, Mom…”

 

“Happy Birthday Tiffany…”

 

“Thanks Mom…”

 

Tiffany hurried down the attic steps to prepare for tomorrow’s birthday festivities. Seohyun slowly stood up and placed the diary along with the rest of the worn-out letters. Seohyun smiled.

 

“Mom…you were an amazing woman…simply amazing…”

 

Seohyun sighed and returned downstairs. On the chest beside the letters rested an old photo of Tiffany and Siwon during his going away party. On the back it read:

 

Dear Siwon-Oppa,

 

                I hope we find each other again. When we do, it will be magical.

 

                                                                                                                                Love,

 

                                                                                                                                 Fany

 

 

The object of love can vary from person to person. Some will find love quickly and act upon it with no hesitance while others will journey far and wide to discover it. With Tiffany and Siwon’s part, they had to take the long road only to end up where lovers were meant to be. Yet, this story wasn’t about magical endings but the journey it took to arrive there. The journey shaped the people they would become and it also changed their aspects on what love should be. From the cute puppy love at the adolescent ages to the passionate need to have a soul mate in the later years; Tiffany and Siwon endured extreme circumstances to finally define what love meant to them. It meant everything.

 

End of Story

 

 

 

Credits

 

-Philippine Drama Show, “Maalala Mo Kaya”, Episode 72, “Diary II” (2007)

 

-The film, “Bridges of Madison County” (1995)

 

-The song, “Girl Meets Love” by K.Will featuring SNSD’s Tiffany

 

-The soundtrack song from the Haru OST, “Banji (Ring)” by SNSD’s Tiffany

 

Author’s Note

 

I am big fan of Filipino drama. Obviously being Filipino, I had my fair dosage of it. There was a particular show that I loved which its translated title is, “Do You Still Remember?” In this show, people send in biographic letters and the show picks which story is perfect to reenact into a full-pledge episode with actors. There was one particular story that touched me deeply and grew to become my favorite episode out of all them.

 

The story was based on a true love story of a woman named “Darlene” and how she met the man she was married to name “Lito.” Lito had traveled down to the southern province of the Philippines to finish the rest of his studies to be a teacher. He stayed at a rich boarding home where the young Darlene was the landlord’s daughter. She instantly fell in love with Lito regardless of their large . She fell in love with his kind and caring attitude. Yet, things changed when his fiancée came down to visit which Darlene didn’t know about. Darlene assumed Lito loved her because he always mentioned a girl he loved in his diary that Darlene kept reading behind his back. Eventually, Lito had to leave breaking Darlene’s heart. They kept it touch but as friends. Through the years, Lito still had his effect on her which caused a lot her relationships to suffer. Finally, things changed after Lito lost his wife to an illness and Darlene lost her father. Then their writing became more serious and intimate. Lito finally confessed that the woman he truly loved was Darlene and they finally reunited in the end, after twenty years of separation.

 

Darlene’s epic tale of love kept haunting me. It showed me with patience, love will find its way. I stored that story in the back of mind until I arrived at the Soshified fanfic section. After my several previous fanfics, I felt it was only right to create a story that based on her tale and use my SNSD bias to headline the story. Of course, I had to change a lot of the story around and bring it into a more modern time with internet technology, cell phones, and K-pop artists.

 

As you saw in the story, it was a lot different than my usual style because everything was told through flashbacks and memories. I choose to tell it that way because I wanted to stick close to the original show’s “memory” element. It was something new and I wanted to experiment and I felt it was for the best. In my opinion, that is what I felt made the story strong and unique. Every time Tiffany or Siwon would journey back into their memories, it simply made me want to know about them and what they did. The parts I loved had to be Tiffany’s memories of SNSD and how some were bad and others were glorious. It’s something that could realistically happen to the girls in the far future, hoping not of them get pregnant while they’re performing.

 

I’ve been planning to write a specific fanfic for Tiffany for awhile now because she is my favorite member and I felt this was the perfect one to have her in. I feel she’s the type that could act in these epic love stories and I would love to see her one day in a drama. Looking back through these past months, I feel it was good move.

 

Overall, “Messages from the Heart” was a melodrama at its best with the tears and heartbreaks. There were times I had to wipe a tear because that pain of waiting and hoping for something nearly impossible could be excruciating. There were two parts that had me choked up, the first one was when Tiffany received the letter of Siwon’s engagement. She traveled to the cliff and dropped her tears for him. My goodness, I cried. The second one was when he chased down Tiffany to the airport and watched her leave. Realistically, I would have given up on her and tried to move on but his love for her was undying.

 

To all the readers who followed this tale, I would love to stretch my hand out and say “Thank you.” This was long story and I appreciate your undivided attention and patience. I truly hope you enjoyed this story as much as I did. For those who are new readers, thanks for picking my story and joining me for this will not be my last fanfic for there are more in store before this year ends. For my veteran readers, you guys are FREAKING AWESOME for still following me and if we could have dinner, sushi is on me!!! Stay tuned for my teasers below!!!

 

SNSD FIGHTING!!!

 

TEASERS

How are far would you go to test your lover’s faithfulness? Inspired by the thriller, “Chloe,” read as two lovers test each other and find how dark love could turn out to be. Starring Shinee’s Minho, Yuri, and Yoona, this thriller will have you thinking twice on who really is faithful.

 

Coming this October

 

 

 

The timeless tale of fantasy, dolls, wealth, love, and fashion return in this sequel to my last year’s hit fanfic, “The WindowShopper.” In this story, Jessica’s world will be turned upside down after losing everyone close to her. Yet, things change when a new man, holding a mysterious past, ventures into her life. Will she be able to let go of her past and give love another shot or will she turn her back on life for good? Starring Super Junior’s Donghae and Eunhyuk, 4minute’s Hyuna, TVXQ’s Changmin, Sunny and Yuri, with a whole new group, the romantic comedy continues.

 

Coming this December