an essay for my class about violence..

The Guide to Happiness ☺

Stop_the_Violence_by_charliex250.png

Hello guys^~^ it's Sandy16 here... yesterday I had to write an essay for my english class about violence and I really liked how it turned out~~~ I wanted to share it with you and get your opinion on the topic and on how you like the essay^^ here we go:

                Violence is something that can't be erased from the world, but it can be reduced. People are killing each other and hurting each other for small reasons. Children are using guns all over the place. In the stories, "Tragic Tale of Teen Dating Violence" and "Opinion: Should We Teach Kids Gun Safety?", the authors talk about the violence and how they wish to reduce it and teach the children how to protect themselves.

                It would have been better if Rae Anne told an adult about what was really happening to her with Marcus. Rae Anne was getting hit by Marcus and everyone saw it, but they blamed her for what was happening to her. She didn't tell her mom everything because she thought that she could help Marcus in a way. "There was a lot I didn't know. One time, Rae Anne says Marcus bit her cheek. On another occasion, she says, he set her backpack on fire. Rae Anne says other students saw the violence but blamed her for the trouble, not the athlete." Her mom didn't know that Marcus was that violent because her daughter didn't tell her everything that was happening to her. The students saw everything that he did but blamed her for the trouble because he was popular and on the football team. Rae Anne broke up with Marcus after bearing too much. Marcus started to send her love notes and asked for another chance, and she forgave him thinking that he'll be better. "Despite feeling isolated and alone, Rae Anne somehow found a moment of confidence and broke up with Marcus." "She gave him another chance, she said, hoping the relationship would get better." After she built up the courage to break up with him, she fell into his trap once more and tried to get out again. She should've told her mom what was really going on with her life because her mom would've been able to help her somehow.

                Children should be taught gun safety so they'll learn how to protect themselves if a gun was pointed at them. A lot of children had an experience with a gun when they were at a very young age. They also had guns pointed at them. "How many of you handled a loaded gun? All hands eventually went up. One hand hesitated because he didn't know if the gun was loaded. How old were you when you first handled a gun? Seven. Nine. Eleven. Have you ever had a gun pointed at you? Four hands went up." Guns are being exposed to children all the time, either by hunting or other things. Children should be taught gun safety because we never know what might happen. Children always do what's on their mind and never listen to adults, that's why they have health classes in school to teach children about safety. Schools should provide a class where children will be able to learn how to handle guns and protect themselves from harm. " too early has consequences, life-altering and too-often deadly. Ditto for guns." can cause children their lives if they don't know how to protect themselves, that's why they teach it in schools. Guns are the same as , they can cause children their lives if they don't know how to use it. Children should be able to protect themselves and be prepared if anything wrong goes on, they should learn how to use guns only for protection.

                Violence is all over the world. Shouldn't we react and start to try and reduce it? Violence starts from a young age depending on how the kids were raised and where they were born. Children should be taught on how to speak up if something wrong is going on with them, and they should also be taught on how to protect themselves from harm. In the story, " Tragic Tale of Teen Dating Violence" Rae Anne didn't tell her mom about what was really going on between her and Marcus, and she regretted it afterwards. In the story, " Opinion: Should We Teach Kids Gun Safety?" James Causey talked about why we should cooperate and teach the kids on how they should protect themselves. 

ap-gun-violence__534x400.JPG

I really hope that you guys like it and please give me your full honest opinion on it, eh? thank you so much for reading! <3 Sandy16