Slow

Road to...

Jiyong couldn't believe what he was seeing. Hyomin smiled as she his cheek gently. His heart was beating faster as she leaned in with a kiss - timid at first but growing bolder. He felt a rush when she nibbled on his lower lip and her hair brushed against his neck. Panting with desire, he pulled her close and slowly trailed kisses down her neck. His hands fumbled to reach beneath her T-shirt and Hyomin moaned when he her back. 

He unclasped her bra and...

 

Jiyong opened his eyes, heart racing and panting. He was alone, in his bed and it was already 11 in the morning. He stared at the ceiling, trying to calm down. What the hell was that...?

 

 

 

Seunghyun had been uncharacteristically punctual and Hyomin had ended up making him wait for a while. It was almost spring now and Seunghyun made an interesting observation. "It's my first time seeing you in a dress!' he exclaimed too excitedly. Hyomin laughed as she smoothed out the skirt of her black dress. She had paired the dress with leggings and pumps - a more formal look to make up for the fact that she had not visited on her parents' actual death anniversary date. 

"It just so happens that I'm a girl - so i have to wear things like this sometimes," Hyomin chuckled. Seunghyun laughed at her joke and turned down the volume on the radio. "How's the whole 'creative producer' thing coming along?" For a while, they discussed about each other's work. Hyomin had been briefed on all that she was expected to do - dress well, maintain her casual-chic image at all times in public and to remember that she was also a public representative of YG now. "It's funny - Jinu Oppa summarized it as 'being a celebrity but with more sane hours'. I'll be working on 2NE1's comeback stage next and then the YG Family concerts." 

Hyomin kept stealing glances at Seunghyun even though she had promised herself that she wouldn't. The conversation she had with the girls last night was stuck in her head.

"I think he likes you," Gina said with flashing eyes. Anri was shaking her head, a self-proclaimed idol-expert, having dated and been dumped by Seungri before. "He never said those words! He only INSINUATED that he likes her - care for her, want her to be happy, blah blah blah," Anri wagged a finger at Hyomin. "Don't overthink his words please. PLEASE!"

Hyomin laughed at her friends' differing analytics. "Girls, I'm just going to be really cool about the whole outing tomorrow. The focus is on my late parents, not him. And Gina, I know it sounds really exciting," Hyomin gripped her friend's hand tightly, "but I'll have to go with Anri on this one. I work really closely with them - not good to overthink and complicate things unecessarily. All 8 of us are still friends - and will continue to be for a longer while."

"...Hyomin," Seunghyun called, jerking her back to reality. They had reached the florist and Hyomin quickly went to collect the bouquet that she had ordered. She got back into the car quickly as she noticed some people were staring at her - probably wondering if she was THE Lee Hyomin. "Are you ok?" Seunghyun askedShe nodded and they were on their way again.

Thanks to GPS, Seunghyun had studied the route to the cemetery last night and arrived smoothly at their destination. As they made their way to Hyomin's parents' tombstone, Hyomin shared stories of her childhood with him - those that she remembered spending with her parents. Seunghyun stood respectfully before them and waited patiently for Hyomin to arrange the flowers. 

"Appa, Omma, it's Hyomin. I brought a friend today. He is Choi Seunghyun-sshi," Hyomin said. And just like that, the two of them updated her parents on what had been going on in Hyomin's life - naturally; as though they were really sitting before the young ones. Conversation flowed and there would be the occasional jibes from Seunghyun on the cornier poems Hyomin had written before and of Hyomin criticizing him for having two left feet. 

Hyomin strolled back to the car with Seunghyun and she took a deep breath of the cool air. Spring was definitely coming soon, she could smell it. Just then, a low rumble was heard and Hyomin stared at Seunghyun with open. She laughed at his guilty look and hopped into the car quickly. “A good reminder from your tummy that it’s lunchtime!”

Seunghyun mumbled that he didn’t have time for breakfast that morning due to their early start. Hyomin was laughing as his stomach growled again. “Aish, cooperate please!” Seunghyun chided his naggy stomach and Hyomin laughed even harder. She slapped her thighs and clutched her sides. “Aigoo… Oppa! I could have packed a sandwich for you. , now I’m tearing!” Hyomin chuckled and settled back down in her seat. Seunghyun glanced at her and Hyomin realized belatedly that she had cursed in front of him. Again.

It wasn’t like she had never cursed in front of Seunghyun before but it was awkward now that she knew he didn’t like girls who did. He had never said anything to her about it but Hyomin was self-conscious about it now. I’ll have to watch my tongue in front of him from now on.

“So,” Seunghyun broke the silence. “You have a tattoo on your right shoulder… What does it look like?” Hyomin grimaced as he touched on another thing which she knew he didn’t like in girls. But he’s not mad or anything… Maybe he’s not interested in me after all – like what Anri said. He wouldn’t be bringing my tattoo up so casually if he liked me, right? Right?

“I’m not telling,” Hyomin said lightly. “Maybe you’ll be lucky enough to catch a glimpse of it when summer comes.” Seunghyun chuckled. “That’s still months ahead! Is it something embarrassing like an ex-boyfriend’s name or something?” Hyomin gasped in mock horror, “Oppa! Give me some credit, I’m not that dumb alright?” Seunghyun laughed as Hyomin turned to face the front properly.

They’d arrived at a stew restaurant by a lake. They were ushered to a table in a private corner and agreed to share the seafood stew. Hyomin was thirsty and dying for a beer but recalling what Seungri had said before about Seunghyun’s ideal type, she stopped herself and ordered barley tea instead. Why the hell am I being so self-conscious? . I cursed again. .

“You don’t like the food?” Seunghyun asked mid-way through the meal. Hyomin was surprised and shook her head. “It’s delicious.” He eyed her bowl and looked at her again. “But you’re just picking on it. I know how you eat when you really like the food.”

Hyomin had been trying to eat ‘daintily’ and blushed thinking about the numerous occasions when Seunghyun would have witnessed her gobble down food, fight with the boys for the last piece of meat and down shots of soju like an ahjusshi. “Is this part of your image training too?” Seunghyun asked, frowning. “You’re too skinny now, eat up. Hwang Ssabu can be quite brutal to the girls. Bom noona got it real bad from him once when he found out she had a cob of corn for supper.”

Hyomin sighed, thankful for Seunghyun’s assumption. YG had not been demanding that way – just her clothes and fitness. The only reason she had started visiting the hair and facial salons were all thanks to Gina and Anri. Hyomin was getting better at make-up too but she was still a T-shirt and jeans with sneakers kind of girl at heart.

“It’s still early, is there anywhere you want to go?” Seunghyun asked. Hyomin smiled and was about to suggest watching a movie when her face froze. Seunghyun looked at her weird expression and ashed, “What is it?”

“You can’t go around so openly,” Hyomin said matter-of-factly. Seunghyun shrugged. “I can pretty much do whatever I want. I just need to dress down and disguise myself a little. Isn’t it the same for you?”

“I don’t have fans who will mob me! I MIGHT get recognized but that’s about it. But with you around, we’ll be surrounded in no time!” Hyomin said. “What do you guys do when you want to watch movies? Or go shopping?”

Seunghyun explained that they always disguised themselves and just tried their best to blend in. When it fails, they just had to bear with it. Smile, wave, exit as fast they can. His face brightened up and turned to Hyomin. “We’ll stop by my place and then your place. We’re dressing down and then I’ll bring you somewhere.”

An hour later, Seunghyun was dressed in jeans and a grey hoodie with an old sports cap pulled low. He carried a messenger bag and looked like a sporty college student. Hyomin was more comfortable now in jeans and a sweatshirt too. She had a beanie and her glasses on now, matching very well with the student look. Both of them stood before a game arcade.

Her heart was beating fast, afraid that someone will recognize them. But Seunghyun was more relaxed and quickly found the games he wanted to play. They raced, competed at air hockey, shot hoops, and even one of those old-school fighting games. He looked at Hyomin’s excited expression as she won another race against him.

The last time he had enjoyed himself at an arcade was right before their debut. Such an outing had seemed impossible after their popularity shot up – well, until today. Seunghyun grinned back at Hyomin and felt that the risk had been worth it. She had earned a ‘cross’ on almost every item on his ideal type check-list but her natural cheerfulness and quiet determination had nullified all that. He was curious to see her tattoo; her cussing was just an expression and never meant to be rude or hurtful; she was loud and playful with her friends; she wasn’t afraid to stand up for her beliefs but was open to criticism; she was bold at work but respectful to seniors and juniors alike.

Most importantly, she was the first girl he was attracted to whom he didn’t feel like changing at all. He wanted to know more about her, and for her to know more about him. This is not something casual – if I screw up, I won’t be able to just simply walk away. We work together; we’re great friends; everyone has high hopes for her.

“Oppa! Ice cream?” Hyomin asked as she pointed to the store across the street. Seunghyun tucked his hands deep into his pockets and walked towards her. “I’m depressed from losing so many games to you, it’s your treat.” Seunghyun whined. He laughed as Hyomin for being a baby. Yup, we’ll need to take things slow.