Get well soon

Road to...

The mood in the dressing room was sombre and there was hardly any chit chat. All they knew was that Sajangnim had been at the hospital since morning and had not reached the arena just yet. There had been no updates yet on Hyomin's condition. Seunghyun stared straight ahead into the mirror as the make-up artist continued working on his face. He glanced at his phone on the dresser. He knew Hyomin will probably not see it but Seunghyun couldn't stop himself from sending a message to her phone.

It's just not the same without you. Hurry back and watch my perfect performance. You still owe me one.

"1 hour for Big Bang!" their substitute rep called out. Their managers were all scrambling to help the substitute as well. Seunghyun did a final check on his make-up before approaching their stylist for the final accessories. Jiyong was glum and lazily picking through the rings. Daesung was in his corner, praying together with Youngbae, just like how they always did before a performance. Seungri was on the phone - presumably with Anri who had just arrived at the arena with Gina and was sending their best wishes. 

Murmurs could be heard from the corridor, snapping Seunghyun out from his daze. He looked up to see staff members running past their door excitedly and wondered what was going on. Jiyong was now looking out into the corridor and his face broke into a huge smile as he ran out to whatever he saw. "Hyomin ah!"

Seunghyun stood up so abruptly that his chair toppled over. He hopped over the coffeetable which was in his way and rushed out to the corridor. He was in time to see Jiyong bend down to envelope a wheelchair-bound Hyomin in a hug. There were still faint bruises on her face but she was smiling as she hugged Jiyong back. "Jiyong Oppa! Can't breathe..." She looked pale without any make-up and with just her dark-rimmed glasses on.

Seunghyun reached them just as the rest caught up with him. He stared at Hyomin, not quite sure if this was real. Sajangnim was behind her, pushing her around the arena. "Hyomin sustained minor injuries, nothing broken inside, so stop worrying now. The doctors discharged her just an hour ago but she insisted on coming here." Sajangnim said.

Hyomin was smiling and laughing, albeit weakly, at the Oppas' teasing and jokes. Seunghyun hung back, paralyzed from relief that Hyomin was safe and sound. She took a quick glance at her watch and grinned at them. "30 minutes for Big Bang! Hurry up and get ready!" 

Jiyong groaned and bent down to her level. "You should be resting, not working!" Hyomin grinned back. "I'll be watching you all as a fan today, from the best seat in the house too! See, I even prepared this!" Hyomin pulled out a VIP light stick from her carryall. "Anri and Gina will be with me too!"

Hyomin finally caught sight of Seunghyun and smiled at him; only then did he approach her. "Does it still hurt anywhere?" he asked gently. "No but I sprained my ankle so Sajangnim insisted I be wheeled around in this chair. The bruises will take a few more days to fade, so meanwhile I'll look like an extra from a war film." He smiled at her joke and patted her head. "Prepare yourself, because the performance will be flawless."

Jiyong caught Hyomin biting her lower lip breifly - a sign that she was nervous. "Show me what you got!" Hyomin said as she held her hand out. "Big Bang FIGHTING!" 

 

 

 

The arena was already dark when Hyomin settled in her seat between Gina and Anri. They had the best VIP seats right in front of the stage and was guaranteed the best view tonight. She could hear the excited buzz coming from the fans and her heart was beating fast too. The adrenaline and excitement was contagious and she admired the wonderful view that the light sticks and LED signs displayed. She had memorized the stage sequence well and was looking forward to the opening by Big Bang. She checked her watch and did a final countdown.

"10... 9..." Hyomin whispered, watching the second hand on her watch slowly tick to the magic hour. "8... 7... 6..." Gina and Anri were also excitedly turning on their light sticks. "5... 4... 3... 2..."

Right on cue, the stage burst to life with lights and the opening notes of Tonight. Hyomin grinned as the fans screamed and she waved her lightstick with everyone else. Just for tonight, she was going to be a VIP and join in the party atmosphere. She had a weird sense of deja vu, watching their performance - but she knew that it was only because she knew their steps too well. She sang along and waved her lightstick as enthusiastically as any VIP. At one point, she was certain and Jiyong had winked at her.

I guess that's what all VIPs think when the boys perform... That they are performing just for them alone... 

On stage, the boys had picked Hyomin out easily since she was seated right in front. Jiyong was happy to see Hyomin cheering them on so enthusiastically and was tickled to see Anri and Gina cheering just like any fangirl too. Seunghyun had his shades on but could see them clearly. He was especially energetic today after seeing Hyomin singing, and even rapping along to their song. Seeing her fangirling over them, Seunghyun couldn't help but smile to himself. He had once said he'll never date a fan but seeing Hyomin in the audience now, he felt a strange warmth seeing how excited she was watching them on stage. 

The next song was Haru Haru and Seunghyun saw Hyomin sitting quietly as the intro started. He knew that this song held a special place in her heart since it had been the first song she had helped with. She had her eyes closed, listening intently to the melancholic notes, but with a small smile. Just like before she was singing along to the lyrics she had written and even rapped along to Jiyong's part. 

When it came to Seunghyun's main rap, he walked out to the closest point to their seats and removed his shades. Staring straight at Hyomin, he started rapping, causing Hyomin to shut up. She was captivated by his performance and could not take her eyes off his. He poured all his passion and energy into his rap and as he ended his part, he shouted, "Get well soon, Hyomin!"

 

 

 

A/N: Just a short chapter to wrap things up... Thank you for your support so far and for the comments. I really like reading them and somehow, I get really encouraged to write more when I see your comments. Right now, it may seem like a TOPmin pairing but watch out as GD is serious about going all out! Hope you'll like it!