Oh so shy

Road to...

Seunghyun checked his watch - it was 11:30p.m. already but he could see that Hyomin was still in the meeting room with sajangnim. He was mulling whether to hang out in the recording studio longer but if he did, Jiyong might get suspicious.

"Are you waiting for Hyomin?" Jiyong asked casually, not looking away from his computer. He was reviewing the repertoire and the layout that Hyomin had sent earlier that day. Seunghyun cleared his throat and shifted in his seat. "Nope, I'm actually leaving now," Seunghyun said as he stood up slowly and started packing up. Jiyong gave him a playful sidelong glance, breaking out into a smirk and turning back to his work.

"What's so funny?" Seunghyun asked, sinking back down onto the couch. Jiyong shook his head and pretended to shoo Seunghyun away. "Say it! I'm not going until you tell me!" Seunghyun smiled and tugged at his friend's shirt. When Jiyong stubbornly kept his silence, Seunghyun shook his chair strongly. "OK! OK! I just found it funny that you're playing hard to get... And failing at it!!" Jiyong laughed.

Seunghyun chuckled and sat comfortably on the couch again. No point hiding his reluctance to leave since his friend had already called him out on it. Eversince Hyomin's confession, he had found himself glancing at her shyly everytime they were in the same room. She had been busy but had also found a spare minute or two each day to send him texts. Seunghyun had also taken extra effort to make sure they had some time together - pretending to bump into her at the end of the day, offering to drive her home each time they went out for meals with colleagues or Big Bang, turning up a few minutes earlier for meetings since Hyomin was always at least 15 minutes early.

He had been waiting to "accidentally" bump into her after the meeting so that she could invite him out for supper. Jiyong finally sent off his review and turned off the computer. "What's up with you two anyway?"

"I'm not sure too," Seunghyun smiled. "But I think she wants me back." Jiyong laughed at his cheesiness and laughed even harder when Seunghyun's cheeks flushed pink with embarrassment. "So we've noticed... Her little actions are not that 'little'," Jiyong said. He chuckled as he recalled how she had shyly asked for a lift home from Seunghyun after supper one night, in front of all of them. She had been blushing but fiercely ignored all their teasing laughter. Anri had hushed them all to save her friend from further embarrassment and had loyally even egged Seunghyun to say 'Yes'.

"So how much longer are you going to make her wait?" Jiyong asked as they stepped out of the studio together and into the lift together. "Or are you losing interest since you are not the one pursuing?"

"Don't spout nonsense!" Seunghyun punched Jiyong's arm lightly. "I'm just waiting for that right moment. I don't think it's right for her to have to do this for me too. I want to be the one to sweep her off her feet."

 

 

 

Seungri burst into the studio and shouted, "Seunghyun hyung has a Twitter account!"

Jiyong and Daesung exchanged looks while Yougbae laughed. "We all know that already! I helped him with Twitter while Jiyong had set up the Instagram account for him." They laughed at Seungri's disappointed expression as they continued to prepare for the dance practice.

"There's nothing on it though," Daesung chuckled,"since he's only using it to stalk Hyomin." Seungri's eyes widened at the scoop that Daesung had just revealed. After returning to Seoul, Hyomin had been pushing content out on the social media platforms aggressively. Every post was a calculated move to include news on Big Bang and the upcoming concerts in Japan. Her wardrobe now consisted of the concert merchandises. Just today, she had been spotted at a Starbucks in a black and silver sleeveless maxi-dress with the concert logo, matched with a denim jacket and sneakers with her hair pulled up into a casual ponytail.

"Aahhh... Didn't think anyone would have the power to get our TOP hyung onto social media." Seungri said. They quietened down as the dancers started streaming in and Seunghyun arrived soon after. It was their first practice for the concert and everyone was buzzed. Hyomin worked fast and details were falling into place quicker than they had ever experienced. It was great as this gave Big Bang more time to know what was the framework within which they had to work and incorporate their own ideas into the performances.

When practice ended, Seunghyun checked his phone and saw that Hyomin had left him a text.

"Hope you're not too tired after the first practice. I know it'll end late so rest well. Fighting!"

He declined invitations to go for supper and drove to Hyomin's apartment building. He had dropped her home a few times since she had returned but this was the first time he had come here on his own. Seunghyun soon found himself standing in front of her door. He had debated with himself on the way there but now, he didn't hesitate as he pushed the key in and unlocked the door.

Seunghyun stepped in and was greeted by a shocked Hyomin - she had every right to be as she had thought she was being burgled. She was standing frozen in the hallway in just her pajamas and he could hear the TV blaring in the living room.

"You haven't slept?" Seunghyun tried to say casually as he walked past her and into the living room. He put his bag down on a chair and left his keys on the dining table. Hyomin was dumbstruck - all that registered in her mind was that Seunghyun had let himself into her apartment. He was now pulling clothes out from his bag and heading to the bathroom. That was when Hyomin broke out from her trance.

"Yah! Oppa! What are you doing?" Hyomin asked urgently as she followed him towards the bathroom. Seunghyun stopped and Hyomin almost bumped into his back. "Taking a bath, what's wrong?"

"I mean, why are you here in my apartment?" Hyomin asked. Seunghyun turned around fully and leaned on the wall cockily. "You mean, why am I here in my girlfriend's apartment having a bath?"

He left her dumbstruck as he closed the bathroom door on her. Hyomin was stunned and reality struck once again when the sound of the shower came through the door. "Hyomin ah! Get me a towel please!"

She rolled her eyes even as her heartbeat went wild and soon returned with the requested item. She hooked it onto the door knob and knocked lightly to let Seunghyun know that it was there. She returned to the living room and continued flipping channels while waiting for Seunghyun to be done. He had a lot of explaining to do.

Hyomin turned around once she heard Seunghyun emerge from the bathroom but quickly turned back to the TV again when she saw him. Seunghyun had only his sweatpants on and his dripping hair was covered by the towel. Hyomin pretended to watch TV while he settled beside her comfortably with a can of cold beer.

"Interesting?" Seunghyun asked and that was the last straw for Hyomin. "Oppa! Please explain what is going on!" Hyomin said as she set up a barrier between them with the giant rabbit soft toy he had bought for her a long time ago. He sighed and sat cross-legged on the sofa. "I love you."

Hyomin gulped and held the toy up higher when he tried to lean closer to her. "Now you're confusing me," Seunghyun whined, causing Hyomin to giggle. "Oppa! You just scared me with all these suddenly. Without any explanation or confirmation of what we are..." Hyomin trailed off, embarrassed at her own tirade now.

Seunghyun leaned close and very gently, kissed her. He pulled away, testing to see how Hyomin would react. He didn't get too far as Hyomin's arms circled around his neck and pulled him in for another kiss. And another.

And another.

"Don't go home," Hyomin whispered in between kisses. Seunghyun smiled, enjoying the tiny rasps of her breath on his lips as she whispered those words. "I won't," Seunghyun whispered back as pulled her closer, a strong hand pressing on the small of her back while the other supported the back of her neck.

He groaned as Hyomin's body melded into his and he kissed her greedily. He had missed her and was glad that he had decided to cut their games short. Seunghyun didn't want to spend another day away from her. Her hands felt like electric to him as she ran them up and down his back. The late night programs came to an end and it was far too late for them to be up.

"I'm really tired..." Seunghyun whispered and Hyomin got onto her feet. Seunghyun was starting to pile the cushions at one end of the sofa to make a bed for himself when Hyomin tugged at his arm strongly.

"It's a queen bed," Hyomin winked playfully and Seunghyun laughed. "I wasn't kidding when I said I'm really tired." Seunghyun said almost regretfully but Hyomin slapped his arm lightly. "Just sleep!"

Seunghyun stood at the doorway uncertainly as Hyomin pulled back the covers on her bed. She lay down in her usual spot and patted the empty space beside her. He grinned and strode over confidently, laying down comfortably beside her and pulled the covers up around them. Seunghyun let her use his arm as a pillow and he hugged her close, taking in the sweet scent of her hair.

"Good night Hyomin," Seunghyun whispered as he buried his nose into her neck.

"Good night Oppa," Hyomin whispered back.

Two hearts continued thumping strongly for a while, gradually slowing down to gentle rhythms as the lovers fell asleep together for the first time.