Seven Minutes in Heaven

Love 101

Footsteps were heard scurrying up to the door, the blonde-haired cutie swung it open and grinned happily. "You made it! Yay! Come in," She held the door for them as they stepped into the warm toasty house. She motioned them to a shelf where the two stored their footwear, then led them down th hallway to the living room. The other guests were seated on the zebra print leather couches, consisting of a couple of her group members; Hyoyeon, Sooyoung and Taeyeon, as well as Key, Minho and Onew from SHINee. There were eight guests in total, including them, but no Jessica.

Did Sunny forget to invite her? Minseok thought to himself as he and Han greeted their labelmates with respectful bows. The SHINee members gestured them to sit next to them, the couch that held only males. Sunny left to retrieve more snacks from the kitchen.

"Have a drink you two," Key reached over and grabbed two cans of beer from the tray resting on the table, handing them to the young ones with a friendly smile. "So how are you two doing?" 

"Great. Thank you," Minseok answered, nudging Han with his elbow,  who was too distracted by the gorgeous decor and didn't hear Key's question.

The doorbell chimed startling everyone.

"Somebody go answer it," Sunny shouted from the kitchen. Han volunteered and went to answer it. Swinging the door open, his eyes lit up in shock from the being standing on the opposite end of the doorway. The crescent shaped eyes stared back at him for a moment before letting herself in. She placed her shoes on the shelf and went to go join the rest in the living room, leaving a dumb-founded Han to trail behind.

"Jessica." Key jumped out of his seat and embraced her. "You made it!"

"Please let me go," she said shoving him away. "Where's Sunny?"

"In here!" shouted the blonde-haired cutie from the kitchen. "Come help me prepare the snacks! And why are you late?"

Jessica strolled into the kitchen after bwoing to everyone as a greeting.

"Han," Hyoyeon called from the couch across from theirs. "Is it true your going to join the SM dance subunit?"

"Yeah," he replied opening his beer. "I'm looking forward to working with you and the others."

"Isn't there another member from your group joining too?" she questioned twirling strands of her rainbow colored hair with an index finger.

"Yeah. It's Jongin."

"You're korean is really good for a foreigner," Sooyoung butted into conversation. "How long have you been in Korea?"

"Four years," he answered.

"Wow," was her response followed with a gummy smile. "That's awesome. It must have been hard leaving your hometown and family behind."

"Yeah it was," He choked back tears. The thought of his family always brought tears to his eyes. He missed them so much. He missed waking up to his mother's famous blueberry waffles on Wednesday mornings and his father's random rants about the government being evil, most of all he missed all his friends. Yes, he could call them all once in a while but actually seeing them would make his world. The last time he saw them was nearly two years ago. A person shouldn't be away from their family and friends for that long, but he learned to cope with it, enduring all the stress that came with being an idol. He knew his parents were proud of him for following his dream and making it reality. If they were happy, he was happy.

Sunny and Jessica returned with the snacks.

"Let's get this party started," Taeyeon exclaimed hooking her Ipod up to the stereo.

"No music," Sunny blurted out. "Let's play a new game I found out about lately. It's an american game called Seven Minutes in Heaven. We put lock two people in a closet and leave them in there for seven minutes. It's simple."

"What do the people do in the closet?" Minho cocked an eyebrow.

"Anything," she replied.

"This game sounds stupid," Hyoyeon confessed. "Taeyeon put on some music."

"Wait," Sunny said. "Can't we just try first? Please."

The guests all exchanged glances.

"Okay." Sooyoung sighed. "How do we pick the players?"

"We just choose them and they can't refuse. So who do you guys want to go in first?"

"You and---" Jessica glanced around the anxious faces. "Minseok."

"What?" They both exclaimed in unison.

"You said we could pick anyone right, so I pick you and Minseok." She smirked. "Now go."

Minho held the closet door open for them. "Keep your hands to yourselves." His comment earned a few laughs except from Han whom was still confused about the game.

You lock to people in a closet and let them do anything they want in there? Isn't that dangerous, Han thought to himself.

"Wait give us your phones," Hyoyeon said before Minho shut the closet.

They reluctantly handed over the devices and watched as the door closed in front of them, isolating them from the rest.

"Wow this didn't go as planned" Plotting herself down on the floor, Sunny leaned against the wall and sighed.

Minseok joined her. "We'll just pick them two next. So don't worry." He glanced around the vacant closet. "You sure cleaned this place up well."

"I never use this closet," he mumbled. "So what do you want to do? Oh let's play I spy. I spy something white."

"Everything in here is white. Hey, are these the walls you always send pics of?"

"Sometimes."

"Why do you do that? Send pics of random things?"

"Because I'm bored."

"Well you must always be bored then."

She bursted with laughter.

"Hey keep it down in there," a voice teased from outside followed by giggles.

"How much longer do we have?" Sunny asked.

"Four minutes," another voice answered. Music then began to blast through the house.

"Gosh I never knew seven minutes could be so long," she shouted loud enough for Minseok to hear, stretching her legs out in front of her body. "Don't you just love my spongebob socks?"

"Yeah. What about my plain ones?" He too outstretched his legs next to hers.

"They're nice."

"Can I ask you something?" he asked.

"Sure."

"Let's say Lusica does hook up, aren't you afraid that they'll forget about us?"

"Hmmm...yeah now that you mention it," she replied.

"Do you still want to hook them up?"

"I want Jessica to be happy so...yeah. You?"

"I guess so."

She looked at him. "Don't worry. They won't forget about us and if they do, we could fake a relationship with one another to make them jealous."

I don't want you though, I want Han. I don't want to lose him as a friend, Minseok thought to himself.

The closet door swung back open. "Times up you two." Minho said stiffling a laugh.

Minseok got up, lending a hand to Sunny and Taeyeon lowered down the music.

"So who's going in next?" Key asked popping a chip into his mouth.

"Hmmm...since Minseok and I were in there, I think we should get to pick who goes in next,Sunny pointed to Jessica. "You and---" she then pointed to Han. "---you."

Jessica shot her friend dagger eyes and handed over her phone, slowly making her way to the closet without a word.

Han exchanged a nervous glance with Minseok before he reluctantly handed over his device too and followed behind Jessica.

"Have fun you two," Sunny chirped shutting the door. The two stared at the door for a moment, hoping one of their friends would have a change of heart and let them out. Nothing happened though.

Jessica sighed and took a seat on the floor while Han remained standing, still watching the door.

"There not going to let us out so you might as well sit down," she muttered to him.

He stepped back away from the door and plotted down next to her. They sat in silence, both gazing off into space.

"Sunny how much longer?" Jessica shouted out.

"It's only been two minutes," Han answered for her.

"Really? It feels like eternity though," she complained scanning the closet. "Wow it's so empty. She could've at least left some board games in here or something." She glanced over at Han, his gaze was directed to the wooden floor. "Hey you." She poked his cheek.

Shaking away his thoughts, he adverted his attention to her. "Yes?"

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Yeah. I'm just thinking about things that's all."

"What are you thinking about?" 

"Hmmm...I actually don't remember anymore." He turned his face away from embarassment.

She laughed. "You really don't remember?"

He nodded.

She laughed even more. "Wow. That's funny."

He gazed at her with a confused expression, trying to figure out what was so funny about memory loss. Deciding to let it go, he dazed off once again. He actually lied about the memory loss, not wanting to mention his homesickness.

"Your name is Han right?" she asked releasing him from his daze.

"Yeah."

"Listen Han." She turned to face him, locking her eyes in his. "I want to apologize for my behavior a few weeks ago at the party. I hope you didn't get the wrong message, I only stuffed my face with food because I was nervous. I don't hate you or anything."

He contained his excitement. "It's alright. I was nervous too."

"I always get so nervous talking to people I'm not familiar with," she continued, shattering Han's heart back into pieces once again.

"Times up," Sunny opened the closet door.

"Yes finally." Jessica walked out first but he remained inside. Sunny motioned Minseok to come comfort Han, noticing the young man's sad expression.

"Han what's wrong?" Minseok asked worriedly, shutting the closet door for privacy and took a seat next to his friend.

No answer.

"Han?" Minseok repeated once again. "Please I'm worried about you." His heart skipped a beat when tears started streaming out of Han's eyes. "Han what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"It's this girl," he exclaimed wiping them away. "She's messing with my feelings Minseok. I've never felt about anyone like this before and it angers me! I think my heart is malfunctioning or something!"

"Oh Han." He hugged him. "It's alright."

"I want these feelings for her to go away! I try so hard to forget about her and it never works!" The tears returned. "Why won't they go away?"

Minseok tighted his embrace. "Maybe...this isn't just a normal crush?"

"What do you mean?" He said detaching himself from him.

"Han...I think you maybe are in love with this girl."

"No I'm not," he counter-attacked. "I don't believe in love at first sight."

"Maybe I'm wrong. Just forget what I said alright," Minseok hugged him once more.

"I want to go home. Take me home Minseok."

 

Awww Han is getting frustrated :P  Hey do you guys think the pace for the story is okay? Do the chapters seem to drag too much or are things accelerating too quickly? I need to know so please comment your thoughts. I should say beforehand that this isn't the end of Han's frustration, there's plenty more to come. Hehehe I'm so evil to him. The story is going to be based more in his perspective than Jessica. This chapter has nearly has 2k words. The chapters are getting longer and the drama is just beginning.  Oh for you grammar nazis, please forgive mistakes. See you all soon~