Hotcakes

Love 101

"So, where to first?" Chanyeol asked stuffing his hands in his jacket pockets to keep them warm. The streets of Seoul were busy, as usual, and the school kids were released from their prisons, only to make the celebrities afternoon stroll a bit worse.

"Not sure," Han responded. "Let's just walk around a bit and see what sparks our attention." 

Doing their best to ignore the pursuing fangirls, Chanyeol suggested they enter a store in hope of getting rid of them. The two agreed to the idea and stepped into a random pharmacy.

"Please don't allow those kids to enter," Minseok said to an employee.

"Okay," the worker replied. "You know they're just going to stay out there until you guys come out right?"

"At least we'll be alone in here." Minseok thanked him then left to go join his friends at the fridge getting milk.

"This was a bad idea wasn't it," Chanyeol said grabbing banana milk off the shelf. "We should've left earlier in the morning before the students were released from school. Sorry guys."

"It's alright," Han told him. "We're the ones who chose this life. Hey should I get banana or strawberry?"

 "Banana of course," Chanyeol retorted. "So, where to next? Let's get some hot cakes at the market."

They paid for the milk and walked out the store. The fangirls diminished as the boys made their way down to the market. 

"Forget the hotcakes, I want me some meat," Chanyeol scurried up to the meat stand, departing from Han and Minseok.

"Do you want hotcakes?" Minseok asked his buddy. "I'll get you one."

"Okay. I'll just be here when you come back."

"Yeah and I'm the lazy one," he mumbled walking away. Han patiently waited in the center of the marketplace for his friends to return, scanning the area to pass time. 

"Watch where you're going lady!" A woman snapped at a customer. "Aish you broke my vase! Pay for it now!"

The scene was taking place at the antique stand behind Han. He turned around and observed as the angry owner continued to yell at the customer.

"I'm sorry but I don't have enough to pay for it," the female customer exclaimed.

Han's eyes lit open when the familiar voice continued to talk.

"May I pay you tomorrow?" the customer asked.

"No! Pay me now!" the woman demanded. "Or I'll report you to the police!"

Han finally approached the stand and glanced at the customer before asking the owner, "How much for the broken vase? I'll pay for her."

She told him the amount. Han retrieved his wallet from his back pocket and played for the item.

"Thank you. Now leave please,"she motioned them to leave.

"Why did you pay for me?" Jessica asked as the walked away from the cranky lady.

"I couldn't let you go to jail," was his response.

She stopped walking and turned to face him. "Thanks." 

"You're welcome."

"So...are you here alone?"

He shook his head. "I'm here with Minseok and Chanyeol."

"Oh," she dropped her gaze to the ground.

"Are you here alone?" 

"Yeah. I needed an excuse for some alone time. My members get really annoying sometimes."

"I know the feeling. I lock myself in my room when I want to be alone."

 Silence stamped its claim on them.

"Do you want to walk around with me since you know...we're both alone." Her face flushed.

"Yeah. Sure."

"Okay. We'll go this way then." She her heel, taking a few steps ahead of him.

"Han. There you are." Minseok approached him with two hotcakes in hand.

"Oh hi Jessica," he greeted not wanting to be rude then switched his attention back to Han. "Here's your hotcake."

"Thanks." He took it.

"I'll be going then. Text me when you're ready to leave. I have to go find Chanyeol. Bye." Minseok walked away.

Han offered the hotcake to Jessica but she refused.

"He got it for you," she said.

"Yeah and I'm offering it to you." He placed the cake in her hand. "Eat it. It's good." 

She gave in. "Alright. Thanks. So you're Chinese huh?"

"Yeah."

They continued to walk. 

"You must get homesick a lot huh?"

"Yeah all the time."

"Stay strong Han." She pinched his cheek. He fought the urge to caress her face and smiled instead.

"I should get going," she onfessed. "I need to get back home. Thanks again for everything."

"You're welcome."

"Um...can I get your number?" she forced out.

His mouth hung slightly open from the recent question. "Uhm...Yeah."

After he gave it to her, she waved good bye and left the marketplace.

Han retrieved his phone from his pocket and dialed a number. "Minseok you will not believe what just happened!"

 

Jessica stood outside the doorway, nervously pacing back and forth down the hall. She contemplated on whether to go in or not.

Come on Jessica you can do this, she thought to herself.

She reached out for the knob and opened the door.  The CEO was sitting at his desk, fixating his attention on a pile of paperwork.

She cleared . "Sir may I speak with you?"

The elder swapped his attention to her."Yes of course Jessica. Please sit."

She walked over and took the empty seat in front of the desk.

"What can I do for you?" He asked.

"Well...," She paused. "I was wondering if you would do me a favor."

"What kind of favor?"

She stared down at her trembling hands. "C-c-can I do the publicity stunt instead of Yuri?"

 

So how's that for a Lusica moment. Please ignore the backward quotations. I was typing on my tablet and the quotations came out weird. I'm not sure if the pacing was right for this chapter so please leave your opinions. I feel like the marketplace scene went by to quickly. Thank you all for reading. Bye for now~