First Date

Love 101

 In hope of not ruining his recently styled hair, Han carefully pulled the red cashmere sweater over his head, then grabbed his coat before walking out the room. He made his way down to the living room, where s were anxiously awaiting his presence. Some were seated on the couch and the rest found comfort on the floor.

"So how do I look?" Han asked when he stepped into the scene. "Be honest."

"Hmmm...," Sehun trailed. "I think it looks fine."

"I'm not digging the red sweater," Kai confessed crossing his left leg onto his right. "It's too bright."

"Don't listen to him," Suho said shoving the honest maknae off the couch. "Han you look great."

"Yuri will be pleased," Chanyeol teased earning laughter from the other members with the exception of an embarrassed Han.

"I'll get going then. Walk me out Minseok," Han strolled past the laughing hyenas, leaving his buddy to trail behind.

"What ever happens always remember that this relationship is fake alright?" Minseok said to him once they stepped out the dorm. 

"I can't believe I'm going on a forced date," Han put on his coat and stuffed his hands in the pockets. "What if she goes to far and tries to kiss me? Do I have the right to shove her away?"

The elder laughed. "It's your first date so I'm sure you two don't have to kiss yet. Even if you did, it won't be that bad. Yuri's pretty hot. I wouldn't mind getting a kiss from her."

"Then lets switch roles. Aren't you going to walk me all the way down?"

Minseok shook his head. "Too far. Have fun. Bye." He stepped back into the apartment.

A bit heartbroken from the response, Han gloomly walked by himself.

As planned, the manager was waiting down in the lobby, seated on one of the waiting chairs next to the entrance doors. "Ah there you are Han. Come sit." He patted the empty seat next to him. 

Han accepted the offer. "Where's Yuri? Did I keep her waiting too long?"

"Uh there's been a change in plans," The elder confessed.

Han tilted his head slightly to the side. "Pardon? So is Yuri not here? Is the date cancelled?" 

"No. What I meant was that there was a change in roles. The CEO contacted me earlier stating that Yuri wasn't the correct option for the stunt and so he chose another member from the group."

"Who?" He questioned right away.

"Um...Jessica I think her name was. It was an american name for sure though," He answered.

"Jessica?" His voice cracked. "Is s-s-she here?" He glanced around the lobby. "Where is she?"

"The restroom. Are you two close?" The manager narrowed his eyes at him. 

He quickly shook his head. "N-n-no. She's just my favorite member from Girls' Generation that's all. We barely know each other though." He gulped, praying that the lie was believable.

"Oh here she comes now," The manager fixated his eyes from Han and onto the slender female approaching them. "You finally join us Jessica."

Heart about to explode out of his chest, Han turned as well to see her.

"This is Han," The manager ruffled the nervous young man's hair. 

"Yeah," Jessica started, doing her best to tame the smile itching to stretch across her face when her eyes met with Han's. "I know."

"Well you two have fun then. Try not to overdue the act alright," He rose to his feet and walked away.

"Shall we go?" Jessica's bottom lip dissappeared into .

Realizing that he was still seated, Han quickly stood up. "Yeah. Sorry."

"It's alright," She muttered walking ahead. "So where are you taking me?"

"Um," he trailed appearing alongside her then went ahead to open and hold the door for her. "Get lunch at a cafe maybe?"

"Sounds good to me. I'm straving."

Silence stamped its claim as they walked down to the cafe located a few blocks away.

Gosh why did the CEO change roles? I would've preferred Yuri not my crush! What do I say to her? I know this is supposed to be a fake date but somehow it feels like a real one! Han thought to himself.

"Come closer to me," Jessica muttered. "You're too far away."

Hesitating at first, he did manage to get closer to the point where their hands slightly brushed with each stride. They approached a red light, the cafe was right across the street. Han's fingers itched to grab a hold of her hand as they waited to cross the street. When it finally did, she slid her hand in his, ending his misery, and crossed the street, causing his heart to accelerate even more. 

"It's more believable this way," She said. And it was. Heads turned as they stepped into the cafe, hand-in-hand.

"Let's sit over there," She pointed to the last table farthest from the entrance door and next to the window.

"Okay," He managed to spit out then led the way. They released hands and sat across from each other.

"I think we're doing well so far," She whispered. "This being a fake date and all."

The last sentence felt like a blow to the head, he forgot it was a fake date. It seemed so real though. Everything seemed real.

He forced a nod and picked up a menu to hide his dissappointment.

"Oh I just got a text message from my manager," She said putting her phone on the table. "He arranged a ride to come pick us up in an hour. I have a dance rehersal later."

"Me too," He replied from behind the menu. A waitor came and took their orders.

"So," She trailed. "How have you been lately?"

"Fine I guess. You?"

She shrugged. "Good I guess."

"I like what you did with your hair," He complimented. "You look really pretty when it's up."

"Really? You think it's nice? To be honest, this is my morning hair but I just threw it into a bun," She confessed dropping her gaze to her phone. "I kinda feel a bit gulity because I got your number but I still haven't texted you yet. Sorry."

"It's alright," He retrieved his phone from his pocket. "You could do it now if it would help the guilt go away."

"Okay," She picked up her phone. After a few seconds, she said. "I sent it."

Han looked down at his phone and checked the message. It said: I like holding your hand. It's really soft.

He smiled trying not to blush as well during the process. "Thanks."

"Hold on. I'll send you another one," She rapidly tapped away at the cellphone's screen. "Okay I sent it."

Again, Han looked down at his phone but this time his eyes light up and his mouth hung slightly open. 

"Do you feel that way too?" She asked referring to the message.

He couldn't tear his gaze away from the screen, no matter how hard he tried. Was this reality? Was he seeing the words correctly? Was he going nuts? 

The message simply read: This date seems real to me. I think I like you Han.

 

A/N: Oh no she didn't! Did Jessica really confess? Yeah I guess I'm kinda shocked at her message as well. Well...what do you all think about her message?