Hebe

The heart of stone

 

Where is this place? I… I can’t move! Arron… Where is he?

“Arron! Arron! Answer me! Where are you?”

“Gui Gui, is that you?” Ya Tou’s feeble voice could be heard.

“Ya Tou? Why are you here? Aren’t you with Wang Zi when I left you?” I asked, shocked about the fact that Ya Tou is here, trapped with me.

“I don’t know… I just remember Wang Zi acting weird, and the next thing I know, someone knocked me out from behind!” Ya Tou explained. “Come to think of it, where’s Wang Zi?”

“Ya Tou, I think we should think of a way to get rid of the ropes that are holding us down before we begin to look for Wang Zi and Arron. I’ll try to hop across the room towards you. Once I reach you, I’ll try to bite the ropes loose.” I said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Master, have I done well?” Rainie asked in excitement. The guy in a cloak gave a nod of approval and beckons Rainie over. Upon seeing that her work has finally gained some approval from her Master, she skipped happily towards that person.

“You have been a great help since the day I saved you from the fire. I thank you and I’m grateful to have you. However, you’ve outlived your purpose. Thanks for everything and now, I’m going to take away your powers” with that, the cloaked figure placed his hands onto Rainie’s head. Rainie started to shake vigorously and after a few seconds, she fainted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Arron’s POV]

Ow… my head hurts. Where am I?

*flashback*

“Who are you? What do you guys want?” I questioned.

“There’s no need for you to know!” one of them said. I started to panic as I prepare myself, thinking that they are going to attack us soon. But to my surprise, nothing happened. I looked at Ying Jie, who had the same surprised expression on her face.

“Since we’re unable to use our power, we have to use brute force! Come on!” one of them shouted. They ran towards us with a speed that surprised me. Before either Ying Jie and I can react, I felt something hard crashing into my skull, and the next thing I know, I fainted.

*end of flashback*

Oh no! Ying Jie, she’s in danger! I have to find her! Pant… Why can’t I move my hands? Crap… I’m tied up! Screw this!

*Suddenly the door to the room opened*

“Arron! Oh thank God you’re alright! Ya Tou! Arron’s here!” Ying Jie shouted. I looked at her as I heave a sigh of relief. Even though Ya Tou was running towards us at top speed, I can only notice this silly girl right in front of me who is trying her best to untie me. A smile gradually formed on my face.

“There, you’re free now! Let’s go before…” I refuse to let her finish her sentence as I place my lips onto hers. I’m so happy to see her once again that nothing else matters to me now.

“Hey! What are you doing…? We’re… We’re in danger eh…” Ying Jie reprimand while blushing. I just looked at her with such longing; unconsciously cancelling out whatever that is happening in the surrounding. I hugged her tightly and only allow her to leave my embrace when Ya Tou coughed.

“I know you are really happy that you found Gui Gui, or that Gui Gui found you, but don’t you think we should be leaving here like right now?” Ya Tou said, trying her best to hold in her laughter. I looked at Ying Jie and she turn away, blushing. She pulled me up and ran, pulling Ya Tou along as well. Suddenly, the figure that stood at the doorway stunned all of us as Ya Tou’s jaw dropped.

[Gui Gui POV]

“What are you doing with all the people behind you?” Arron asked. Wang Zi turned around and looked surprised when he saw the whole bunch of people following him.

“I… I don’t know… Seriously! I swear I don’t know! I was looking for Ya Tou! I mean… They weren’t behind me in the first place! Really! I was brought to a room and I just started to walk around, finding a way out as well as looking for Ya Tou. We were brought here just…” Wang Zi stopped talking as he looks at our doubtful faces. “You guys… don’t believe a single word I said, right?”

“I… How do you expect us to believe you! Both Ya Tou and I were tied up together, but Arron was left all alone. We thought that you might be with him but you weren’t! When we were wondering where you were, you walked into this room with a whole army of people we don’t know! From what we’re looking at now, the one that is most likely to be the one who kidnapped us, is you.” I said sadly, turning my face away from him.

“But… But… Argh! I TOLD YOU GUYS! I DON’T KNOW WHO THE HELL ARE THIS ENTIRE ARMY OF PEOPLE! I WAS THROWN INTO A ROOM AS WELL! WHY CAN’T YOU GUYS BELIEVE WHAT I SAID?!” Wang Zi shouted in exasperation.

“Alright guys, enough chit-chatting. Wang Zi, why are you trying to convince them you’re not with us so much? It’s already made known to them. You can stop your entire act! The Master is very proud of you. You manage to keep them in the dark for so long. Now, bring them all to the Master! He can’t wait to meet them.” An unknown lady walked in.

“Now who are you?” all of us said in unison.

“Me? I do not have the obligation to tell you who I am. But if you guys wanna know me so much, I will just tell you my name. I’m Hebe, Wang Zi’s colleague in kidnapping you. Actually, I can’t really understand why Master wants the other two ordinary human. For me I think kidnapping Ying Jie is enough. Oh well~” upon hearing this, Wang Zi’s eyes grew wide as the rest of us looked at him in contempt.

“I don’t even know you, why are you doing this to me?!” Wang Zi half screamed half cried.

“Enough. Stop trying to defend yourself. We’ve accepted it, accepted that you’ve betrayed our trust.” Arron said coldly, almost whispering. A drop of tear slid down my cheek as I stare at this stranger in front of me. How can he do this? How can he betray our trust! Suddenly, I thought back to the day the ring was stolen. Arron was telling me where he placed the ring in the morning and Wang Zi was with us! He must have heard it and stole it that night! A rush of anger rushes through my body as everything starts to make sense.

“YOU! HOW DARE YOU!” I screamed as fire ignited on my right hand. Without thinking, I threw the flame at him.

“Oh no you don’t” Hebe protected Wang Zi by casting an invisible wall in front of him. Wang Zi flinched as my flame hit the wall and shriveled away. Hebe retaliated by throwing one of the guards towards me. I stopped the guard in mid-air and throw it aside, my anger eating me up from inside. How I yearn to just set fire to this whole place, to burn all of them to death! Hebe started to look flustered after we exchanged hands for a little while more. She realized that my powers are at a totally different level from her. She smirked as she lifted up her hands. I heard Arron shout and I saw that he was tied up by ropes.

“If you want to play rough, I’ll play dirty” Hebe said and Arron screamed and look as if electric current is running through his body.

“STOP! ARRON! DAMN YOU !” I screamed and rushed towards Arron, trying my best to pry Arron loose of all the ropes holding him. The moment I touch the ropes, I felt an unexplainable pain as Arron started screaming once more. My eyes welled up with tears as my hatred towards Hebe grew stronger. Flames started to ignite everywhere in the room and all of the people inside the room started to panic. I glared at Hebe and Hebe looks a bit shaken.

“Ying… Ying Jie… stop… stop the fire… it’s going to be… be alright… Let’s be strong… ok?” Arron said breathlessly. Suddenly, I felt all power leaving me. I gave up on retaliating; I gave up on fighting, because I don’t want Arron to continue getting hurt because of me. Hebe released Arron from the ropes and Arron fell down, with bruises seen everywhere on his body. I walked over to Arron as my tears fall down uncontrollably. What did he do to deserve this? I’m such a jinx. I should never have continued to live on. I should have just disappeared forever.

[Arron’s POV]

I was finally released from the ropes that were binding me. All the shock I’ve received from the ropes took away all my strength. I fell to the ground, landing on my knees. I flinched as the pain on my knee shot up. I looked up and saw Ying Jie making a weird expression. It seems as if she has given up. As she turned her head away from me, a single tear drop fell on my hand. Ying Jie… Don’t cry…

“Fine. What do you want from me? Or should I say, what do you want from us?” Ying Jie asked. Hebe let out a sneer and glare at Ying Jie. “Argh! AAAAAAAAAAA! Stop… using this… this kind of cowardly methods… Face me fairly…” Ying Jie commented sarcastically as she tolerated the excruciating pain that was inflicted on her and she was also forced to bow down at the same time. My heart aches as I watch Hebe continue to torture her over and over again.

“Ying Jie! Fight back! What on Earth are you doing?!” I screamed our in agony.

She looked at me in her beaten up state and smile, “Arron, I’m doing my best here. Support me alright?”

“You know that I will definitely support you! But why are you talking about this now? I’m asking you to fight back! Why are you allowing her to do all these to you! You can win her easily in this war! Don’t be afraid, fight back. Please.”

“Why will I be afraid? I’m with you. However, if I were to fight back now, they will target you again. I’m afraid of that.” She used all her strength saying this. She let out a big cry and fell to the ground. So she’s doing this because she wants to protect me? Why are you so stupid! I glanced at Hebe and I saw her getting ready to attack Ying Jie again. No way in hell am I going to allow that to happen!

“I’m not going to let you harm Ying Jie anymore!” I use all the remaining strength that I have and I ran in front of Ying Jie. At the same time, Hebe made a gesture, as if she was using her power, but surprisingly, nothing happened. I heaved a sigh of relief in my heart as I looked at Ying Jie. She’s unconscious and though I tried to wake her up, her eyes stayed shut. I glared at Hebe, wanting to scream and shout at her, but her facial expression puzzled me.

“Didn’t I use my power just now? Why didn’t anything happen? Who can tell me? You! You saw me using my power right? I did, didn’t I?” Hebe continued to question everyone in the room. She looked at me in terror and said, “Tie Ying Jie up, as well as the rest of them. I’m bringing all of them to the Master right now. The worst case scenario that Master had predicted has come true.”

And the next thing I know, I’ve been knocked unconscious while Ying Jie was taken away from my embrace.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the long waited chapter haha!!